The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
when you think about how large the boxes are and depending on the ceiling height of the store it may not be that many. Especially depending on how they are stacked. But yeah between that and the tiktok and whatever offer they must be moving quite a few. I will admit I've been tempted to pick one up if I could get it for no cost after trading in stuff plus credit. 

when you think about how large the boxes are and depending on the ceiling height of the store it may not be that many. Especially depending on how they are stacked. But yeah between that and the tiktok and whatever offer they must be moving quite a few. I will admit I've been tempted to pick one up if I could get it for no cost after trading in stuff plus credit.
what’s this tikky Tokky offer you’re talking about? sorry I don’t have social media so I’m out of the loop on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what’s this tikky Tokky offer you’re talking about? sorry I don’t have social media so I’m out of the loop on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wario and other places posted about it. they had the ps5 disc version for $399 or something. All I remember is that it was cheaper than the current deals but others said that it might not be worth dealing with.

Had to go to a different GameStop after associate told me they don’t do trades half hour before close (is that a really a thing). Sucks if that really is a thing for that store/employee; the other store ended up benefiting from that weird rule! It was annoying to drive that far and had to go to another one but I ended up walking out with a PS5 without paying a dime and added MK1 for preorder trade bonus (would’ve gotten StarField but I’m playing that on GamePass)! Happy camper right now!
FYI there is a physical Deluxe Upgrade for Starfield that is a code in a Steelbook you can buy for $35 that includes the early access to start playing on Sept. 1. This is also eligible for the trade boost as long as Starfield is one of the games.

Here is the B1G! list only works on new games, tons of flips. Wish I knew earlier else wise I would have been abusing it.
https://www.gamestop.com/search/?pmid=29505 Assuming it still works tomorrow I'll make an updated list. Going to bed now.
Tons is not the right word. There’s like 4. And they’re dependent on mwt values lasting beyond today plus preorder bonus

Skyward Sword, octopath ps5, shining pearl, Metroid dread

Hardly worth the effort. You’re better off being the scum bag returning the games hoping to get full price back.

Speaking of being the scum bag returning the games. Anyone know if The SF6 deluxe edition comes with like emailed codes. Or are they all in the box? Would I be able to return it

Want to buy a $13 game. But need to hit $80 for free shipping. So need a b1g1 that is over $67. Not really doing it just to return and hope for full price. But I need to buy something to return anyways so might as well

The trade boost was enough to convince me to get a Best Buy Plus membership today.  Odyssey, Kart, and Skyward all did well and basically paid for the membership.  Along with my Series S getting $242 I have no complaints and am finally a PS5 owner

The trade boost was enough to convince me to get a Best Buy Plus membership today. Odyssey, Kart, and Skyward all did well and basically paid for the membership. Along with my Series S getting $242 I have no complaints and am finally a PS5 owner
I’m confused on the math. They trade in for $33 each. Even with a 20% bonus you’re getting $119 for 3 games. Those same 3 games cost $80+tax on the b2g1. How did you pay for your membership?

Speaking of being the scum bag returning the games. Anyone know if The SF6 deluxe edition comes with like emailed codes. Or are they all in the box? Would I be able to return it

Want to buy a $13 game. But need to hit $80 for free shipping. So need a b1g1 that is over $67. Not really doing it just to return and hope for full price. But I need to buy something to return anyways so might as well
SF 6 Deluxe is code in box.

I’m confused on the math. They trade in for $33 each. Even with a 20% bonus you’re getting $119 for 3 games. Those same 3 games cost $80+tax on the b2g1. How did you pay for your membership?
2 rounds of trades plus 10% back on credit card and another 4% on retailmenot

Tons is not the right word. There’s like 4. And they’re dependent on mwt values lasting beyond today plus preorder bonus
Skyward Sword, octopath ps5, shining pearl, Metroid dread
Hardly worth the effort. You’re better off being the scum bag returning the games hoping to get full price back.
There's at least 5 more. Definitely worth it. I'll get you Started with a good one. Soul Hackers 2 ps5. 15 to 19.50. Or 21 if you were at one point an Elite Pro.

I'd hardly call most of those flips. Between gas money and time wasted running back and forth you might as well just request a couple hours of OT at work.

I'd hardly call most of those flips. Between gas money and time wasted running back and forth you might as well just request a couple hours of OT at work.
Wish I could get more overtime get paid $30 an hour and $45 with OT. Can only do 70 hours a week max apparently...... Tried Doordash only get like $10-15 an hour after adding up gas and other costs. Uber is similar. I tried Youtube and failed. Tried volunteer work but I always go why aren't they paying someone to do this. I feel like I am stealing a job from the economy and being a dick to the workforce. Tried gig work but wasn't for me. Tried surveys and product testing but that one product test ruined my carpet. The product apparently doesn't get wine out of carpets despite it asking me to make a stain with wine. Surveys were overly long and not enjoyable. Website testing is fun but so few opportunities. If you got any ideas I am all ears.

I just like working the only time I revert to working 40 hours is when I get a game I want like the upcoming Armored Core game. Started with Armored Core 2 and played all the way to Armored Core Verdict Day.

Ya, for the most part after using the scrapping tool from the last decent bump I only found like 30 games and hardly anyone accessed my sheet for that reason probably. Still Guacumelee, Monster Energy 3 and Xenoblade Torna come to mind.

Gravity Rush Remastered is a flip with 20% Bonus

Metroid Dread

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll always be YMMV on flipping, but I'm very thankful to everyone posting in here over the years and for a brief opportunity to do a couple more during this current promo.  I traded in a huge stack of Switch games (everything I had with a base of $25 or $30).  Certainly worth it for me since it's across the street from our grocery store and keeps our family gaming budget very minimal.

A few other recommendations - MS Rewards (depending on how much you game on Xbox, can earn about $20 per month in gift cards by gaming/searching), Alienware Arena (login to the site every day for $30 of dell credit/month), sell your flipped games on Ebay/Facebook, Xbox Ambassadors (1 free month of GPU every quarter).  

It'll always be YMMV on flipping, but I'm very thankful to everyone posting in here over the years and for a brief opportunity to do a couple more during this current promo. I traded in a huge stack of Switch games (everything I had with a base of $25 or $30). Certainly worth it for me since it's across the street from our grocery store and keeps our family gaming budget very minimal.

A few other recommendations - MS Rewards (depending on how much you game on Xbox, can earn about $20 per month in gift cards by gaming/searching), Alienware Arena (login to the site every day for $30 of dell credit/month), sell your flipped games on Ebay/Facebook, Xbox Ambassadors (1 free month of GPU every quarter).
Can you elaborate on the Xbox ambassadors? What’s involved in getting a free month

Can you elaborate on the Xbox ambassadors? What’s involved in getting a free month
I'm fairly new to this one, but go to https://ambassadors.microsoft.com/

-Quests typically involve clicking on links to articles and videos and a few Xbox activities.

-The longer you are in the program the easier it is to get to the 12k points (I'm now tier 2 and get 5% more points than tier 1).

If anyone has any other details on that feel free to chime in as I am by no means an expert on this one

FYI there is a physical Deluxe Upgrade for Starfield that is a code in a Steelbook you can buy for $35 that includes the early access to start playing on Sept. 1. This is also eligible for the trade boost as long as Starfield is one of the games.
Yeah but the Deluxe is such garbage because it's $35 for a storyline, or a few missions or something. They don't even detail if it's like a full-blown expansion or what because the other DLC (2 skins woooo. . .) is included in all day-one standard editions. It's actually insulting they expect people to buy such an overpriced deluxe for basically NOTHING. I'll take my free Game Pass edition instead.

Needed $25 to hit FS... and randomly saw Pokemon Platinum was in stock for $85. :shock: Said fuck it since I had my monthly cert and 5% off. 

Knowing my luck, it'll be a fake? 

Needed $25 to hit FS... and randomly saw Pokemon Platinum was in stock for $85. :shock: Said fuck it since I had my monthly cert and 5% off.

Knowing my luck, it'll be a fake?
sadly yes.

Most likely a repro
basically. I made the mistake of trying to get platinum and it was a repro. Same for soul silver. but its whatever. It'd be nice if they were legit copies but these are playable and its not like nintendo wants to rerelease them.

basically. I made the mistake of trying to get platinum and it was a repro. Same for soul silver. but its whatever. It'd be nice if they were legit copies but these are playable and its not like nintendo wants to rerelease them.
Got no issues with repro as long as they're clearly marked/no reasonable way to play them and not paying $85 for one...

Shit, now you guys are making me regret this.

Yeah but the Deluxe is such garbage because it's $35 for a storyline, or a few missions or something. They don't even detail if it's like a full-blown expansion or what because the other DLC (2 skins woooo. . .) is included in all day-one standard editions. It's actually insulting they expect people to buy such an overpriced deluxe for basically NOTHING. I'll take my free Game Pass edition instead.
It has the new expansion that comes out in 2024.

Anyone on here able to change the address for their pre order? I recently moved out and I’m only able to change my payment method not address for my pre orders. If GameStop CS doesn’t take long to respond to phone calls then I might just do that

I'm assuming the answer is a resounding no, but does Gamestop do anything if the advertised 1-3 day free shipping takes over 7 business days to arrive?  I remember a few years back some companies would give you a credit in these instances

I'm assuming the answer is a resounding no, but does Gamestop do anything if the advertised 1-3 day free shipping takes over 7 business days to arrive? I remember a few years back some companies would give you a credit in these instances
If you call they might give you sympathy points. I don’t know why they bothered advertising 1-3 day shipping though. Just say free shipping and leave it at that.

I'm assuming the answer is a resounding no, but does Gamestop do anything if the advertised 1-3 day free shipping takes over 7 business days to arrive? I remember a few years back some companies would give you a credit in these instances
I always assumed those days regarded how long things took to be shipped out, not to arrive.

Shipping time and delivery time are two different things. I used to get confused about that too. Shipping is how long it takes before they send it out; delivery is how long it takes to get the game in your hands.

Shipping time and delivery time are two different things. I used to get confused about that too. Shipping is how long it takes before they send it out; delivery is how long it takes to get the game in your hands.
I think shipping is more like time from carrier receiving the game to final delivery to customer.

bread's done
Back