The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Is $15 base + 20% bonus for the Dualshock 4 good or is there a chance for higher in the coming months?
past several years we’ve gotten a 50% usually after Black Friday, and values usually increase too due to holiday demand. Any accessories unless you need the credit now, it’s worth waiting. Never a guarantee but this has happened the last two years at least.

It's amazing that Microsoft can absolutely rip off people with their proprietary extra storage and people are happy to pay it.
I wouldn't say they are happy to pay it. It is some of us need the extra storage. Like how we all pay for gas in our cars and aren't happy about paying almost $4 per gallon...

You can make your own storage for you series console, need a very specific 2230 drive, and the adapter, the price of the western digital expansion is actually now less than what I paid to make my own expansion from the correct drive, while it works, it was $10 more than the official option.

I wouldn't say they are happy to pay it. It is some of us need the extra storage. Like how we all pay for gas in our cars and aren't happy about paying almost $4 per gallon...
No one really NEEDS the extra SSD storage. You can just buy a normal HDD and transfer games when you need them. But some people have more money than patience

You can make your own storage for you series console, need a very specific 2230 drive, and the adapter, the price of the western digital expansion is actually now less than what I paid to make my own expansion from the correct drive, while it works, it was $10 more than the official option.
I thought Xbox killed that workaround via a software lock or something like that? Do you have a link with working instructions?

Last edited by a moderator:
They canceled my Lies of P Deluxe Edition pre-order and I received a $5 coupon code to use online (woohoo!). Would I be able to use that coupon and a PUR online reward in the same transaction?

I thought Xbox killed that workaround via a software lock or something like that? Do you have a link with working instructions?
never had an issue, I see this a lot and have no idea why this gets said, I have the XA1 drive and it’s never stopped working. The key is a drive with the Phison E19 controller, drives with this model aren’t available to consumers so it really leaves you to used drives. If you have a drive with the Phison E19 chip you need to do the following;

1.) mount it on a windows machine
2.) use disk part to change to GPT
3.) format as NTFS sector size 4096

I found someone comment this on Reddit somewhere when troubleshooting this and now the expansion has worked flawlessly ever since

very weird promo started today $50 extra when trading a ps4 or ps vr1 towards a ps vr 2. pretty sure most stores don't even take ps vr in for trade due to existing covid rules.

also, extra $20 on current gen consoles so it looks like the values all stayed low.

Might be a targeted thing. Email offer said 15$ credit if signed up in store for pro as well as the 5$ monthly cert. From the wording it wasn't specific on whether the 15 is towards the pro membership or not.

never had an issue, I see this a lot and have no idea why this gets said, I have aXA1 drive and it’s never stopped working. The key is a drive with the Phison E19 controller, drives with this model aren’t available to consumers so it really leaves you to used drives. If you have a drive with the Phison E19 chip you need to do the following;

1.) mount it on a windows machine
2.) use disk part to change to GPT
3.) format as NTFS sector size 4096

I found someone comment this on Reddit somewhere when troubleshooting this and now the expansion has worked flawlessly ever since
Ah, OK. I think I see now. So whatever software lock isn't for the CFExpress adapter but it's for the drive itself, which is why you have to use a specific drive.

I tried to Google "aXA1 drive" and "aXA1 drive phison e19" and I didn't get a relevant hit. I'm not sure if you misspelled it or something.

Ah, OK. I think I see now. So whatever software lock isn't for the CFExpress adapter but it's for the drive itself, which is why you have to use a specific drive.

I tried to Google "aXA1 drive" and "aXA1 drive phison e19" and I didn't get a relevant hit. I'm not sure if you misspelled it or something.
I did misspell it, it’s the XA1-31512

So anyone do the trade 2 + b1g1 stack?

Actually it doesn’t even matter because there’s no fucking inventory where I live.

very weird promo started today $50 extra when trading a ps4 or ps vr1 towards a ps vr 2. pretty sure most stores don't even take ps vr in for trade due to existing covid rules.

also, extra $20 on current gen consoles so it looks like the values all stayed low.
Anyone know what the trade in is for a ps vr1? I didn't see it listed online.

Anyone else picking up Splatoon 2 for $20? I got it for my kids…figured it was a pretty good price, and we haven’t played this IP before.
I think many have moved on to 3. The single player mode is pretty short. The bulk of the game is 4 on 4 online play. You get points to collect other weapons, clothes, etc. So you need Nintendo online. My kid played it for hundreds of hours, but now only plays 3.

For the trade 2 get $50 credit, does anyone know if you can return the game for full credit? There's nothing I want at the moment, but have a couple things I would want to trade in.

I have to wonder if they're going to go to buy 1 get 3 free on their clearance, as so much of that stuff is just not moving, and most of the stuff people wanted is already out of stock or requires store pickup. 

Anyone else picking up Splatoon 2 for $20? I got it for my kids…figured it was a pretty good price, and we haven’t played this IP before.
Ya I grabbed it. Used the double dip and some points that were gonna expire since not renewing pro, and got it for $13. Figured for that price I’ll just add it to my collection lol

Ya I grabbed it. Used the double dip and some points that were gonna expire since not renewing pro, and got it for $13. Figured for that price I’ll just add it to my collection lol
Same here. I apparently had purchased the dlc at some point too. Good deal for it even if Splatoon 3 is out

it is especially dumb when they sell ps vr 1 for $60
How much do they give trade in for a PSVR1 version 2 with the camera and move controllers? I can't find the value on their website and I believe I've read here that they don't even accept them as trade ins so I am all confused. I was going to trade in or sell my PSVR1 when I bought a PSVR2 in a couple of months but since so many games still are not BC, I am going to have to keep the headset hooked up since I still enjoy and or haven't played all my PSVR1 games and the thought of my digital PSVR1 games never being able to be played again(or sold like my physical games) because of Sony not making PSVR2 BC with PSVR1, is not something I want to do. I am still so bummed that PSVR2 can't play all PSVR1 games or at least having some kind of upgrade path for most of the good PSVR1 games. UGH.

Selling a PSVR1 on offerup or some other place and then getting the holiday/black friday PSVR2 bundle will probably be a better deal than getting an extra $50 towards a non on sale PSVR2 anyway. Would be interesting to see just how much the PSVR1 version 2 with 2 wands trades in for.

Not sure if this is as good as it gets for the Series S trade in stand alone bonus.

Untitled.jpg

*Get $20 Extra Credit when you trade in your Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PS5, or Nintendo Switch: Applies to trade credit only, excludes cash trades.

the move controllers are $3, a ps4 camera is $4 or $6 depending on the version, but i am pretty sure there is no value for the ps vr 1.
Yea I ended up calling a local store and that's exactly what they told me. I'm probably just going to put all my stuff together in a bundle on ebay and call it a day.

Does anyone know if the trade in value on GS’s website for current gen consoles reflect the $20 extra? Considering trading in my series S, but unsure if the $20 promo applies to make it 212, or 192. Tried calling but got read the value and was told there’s no promo going on lol

Does anyone know if the trade in value on GS’s website for current gen consoles reflect the $20 extra? Considering trading in my series S, but unsure if the $20 promo applies to make it 212, or 192. Tried calling but got read the value and was told there’s no promo going on lol
Good find. Should be $212 in my opinion.

website values never reflect any promos.

Thanks for mentioning this. I just got back from trading in my Series S and got the $212.50 TIV after Pro.

bread's done
Back