The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Stores have 'buy one, get TWO' on all clearance now.  Clearance t-shirts are also $5.  In addition to the regular shirts all BOGO free.

guess that doesn't get mentioned here though.

the move controllers are $3, a ps4 camera is $4 or $6 depending on the version, but i am pretty sure there is no value for the ps vr 1.
Okay so they would give you six bucks for two of your move controllers and like four or six for the camera and then add 50 bucks to that and just take your psvr1 and throw it in the trash? Definitely better to sell it elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is GameStop the easiest/best place for trade in value of last gen consoles? Looking at getting rid of a Scorpio and a Day One Xbox and putting towards an X

Is GameStop the easiest/best place for trade in value of last gen consoles? Looking at getting rid of a Scorpio and a Day One Xbox and putting towards an X
You should hop in your DeLorean and time travel back to Saturday. You would have gotten 50 trade credit boost per console towards a new series x.

Interesting point 🤔 Might have to put a Series X on my Christmas list… or should I just settle for a One X?? Would probably only use it to play BC games.

Got turned down trying to trade in my Series S. Couldn’t tell if it was a newbie problem. He said it wasn’t in the system as eligible for trade in.

Got turned down trying to trade in my Series S. Couldn’t tell if it was a newbie problem. He said it wasn’t in the system as eligible for trade in.
I checked my receipt and the manager had the other worker enter it as an Xbox Series X even though I got the value as a Series S. I guess they have to fool their system to be able to take the Series S. Try another Gamestop if you can because I think this is as good as it gets. I had to go to 3 Gamestops today. 1st one testing system was down, 2nd one in the mall was closed at 2pm and the 3rd one I was able to get my trade in no problem. The funny thing was I had the 1st store call another Gamestop to see if their testing system was working and they started joking around saying "Welcome to Gamestop, where shit doesn't work."

How XSX is going for more than a PS5 is weird to me.
Not as weird as Xbox One Digital going for more than an Xbox One X.

Second GameStop pulled through! Called 3 different stores today 3 times each and nobody ever answered. At the second GameStop, the employee was hanging outside the store with a toothpick in his mouth. No wonder nobody answered the phone.

At least he knows his stuff and made it work. Here’s the receipt in case it helps.[attachment=38185:IMG_6399.jpeg]

I have to wonder if they're going to go to buy 1 get 3 free on their clearance, as so much of that stuff is just not moving, and most of the stuff people wanted is already out of stock or requires store pickup.
B1G2 goes through this Saturday, then back to B1G1, at least for now. Then it will be B1G2 again, but for Pros only.

As always:

GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Not as weird as Xbox One Digital going for more than an Xbox One X.

Second GameStop pulled through! Called 3 different stores today 3 times each and nobody ever answered. At the second GameStop, the employee was hanging outside the store with a toothpick in his mouth. No wonder nobody answered the phone.

At least he knows his stuff and made it work. Here’s the receipt in case it helps.
attachicon.gif
IMG_6399.jpeg
Glad you got it worked out. My receipt was too faded out to even post on here.

Great so I messaged GameStop to get my address changed for my lies of P pre order and they said everything’s good and the item shipped. It was supposed to be delivered today but it showed insufficient address and it was returned to sender. Lmfao

Is there a purchase limit of the same game for the same platform before you're banned?
E-mail - bulkorders@gamestop.com - for quantity and availability. If I remember correctly you will not get points on your Pro account doing this though since it's considered a business while your Pro membership is for personal use. They do not offer bulk consoles new or used.

Is there a good flip we are missing ?
Not that I know of. But there seems to be popularity growing with Titanfall 2 multiplayer again, and GS has it for $3.

E-mail - bulkorders@gamestop.com - for quantity and availability. If I remember correctly you will not get points on your Pro account doing this though since it's considered a business while your Pro membership is for personal use. They do not offer bulk consoles new or used.
Thank you.

Has anyone heard anything about an upcoming 4 for $ sale? I could've sworn I read something about it, but I can't find any info on it.

Is there anything worth saving up for nowadays or not really? I'm mainly on PC now and have a few hundred in credit to spend. PS5 is collecting dust lately too. 

Is there anything worth saving up for nowadays or not really? I'm mainly on PC now and have a few hundred in credit to spend. PS5 is collecting dust lately too.
Not really anything great. Just the usual stuff - Series S 1TB, Spiderman PS5 console with digital Spiderman game for 600, refurbished Steam Decks, etc.

Thats where I'm leaning. With the push to digital, and the growth of crossplay, this might be the way to go as my membership and flipping days are fading out. Smh. What a ride.
For me it was the PS+ price hike that made the decision easy. Not dealing with these subscription services on consoles anymore. I'll use them for single player exclusives and buy everything else on PC.

My points expire in December so using them and all my trade credit to get a PSVR2. Just waiting for that sweet holiday bundle deal. Not sure if that will be on black friday or before or after but will get one regardless before the points expire.

Quick question, if I ordered something from GameStop.com and return it in-store, is the shipping cost/"free" shipping deducted from the refund? I haven't done a .com return in a while.

Would be more tempted to trade in Series X if the mid-gen refresh wasn't such an unappealing option based on the leaks.

Hopefully PS5 trades in for a decent amount if the PS5 Pro rumors are legit.

Quick question, if I ordered something from GameStop.com and return it in-store, is the shipping cost/"free" shipping deducted from the refund? I haven't done a .com return in a while.

Would be more tempted to trade in Series X if the mid-gen refresh wasn't such an unappealing option based on the leaks.

Hopefully PS5 trades in for a decent amount if the PS5 Pro rumors are legit.
You forfeit any shipping cost paid if you return an online order in-store.

So I tried to return an online order the other day and both of the workers on shift were clueless on how to proceed with the return. They told me to come back the next day. They will have guys that have been working longer there and can help me out.

One of the guys actually looked at the invoice and told me to contact customer service for assistance. Absolutely terrible experience!

well, went to trade in a digital ps5, expecting to get $295 ($275 plus the $20 bonus). guy rings it up and i see $277.50. I ask him if the bonus was still going on and he showed me on the screen the base value plus pro plus the bonus so i figure oh well, they lowered the price. i still trade it in since i only paid $300 for it last year, get back to my car and look over the receipt. he rang it up as a disc version and i realize I got $377.50.

well, went to trade in a digital ps5, expecting to get $295 ($275 plus the $20 bonus). guy rings it up and i see $277.50. I ask him if the bonus was still going on and he showed me on the screen the base value plus pro plus the bonus so i figure oh well, they lowered the price. i still trade it in since i only paid $300 for it last year, get back to my car and look over the receipt. he rang it up as a disc version and i realize I got $377.50.
GameStop will GameStop. Congrats

anyone think this B1G1 gungrave gore will be a good as a future flip @ $15 each?
Played the game and some pretty bad game design. Sold my "new" copy on ebay after I played it for just slightly more than $15 after ship & fees. If you feel lucky enough to get sealed copies then yes,or dont mind sitting on them for 20 years.Used PS2 gungrave gets around $50 bucks now. But no way you will boomerang it back to them for more.

Personally I went for Tales of Symphonia PS4 for B1G1 $30, and THEATRHYTHM FINAL BAR LINE Ps4 B1G1 $35, although they bumped that one to $50 now. Managed to get all 4 sealed with a bit of return & rebuy.

Finally, Sunday should be last day for Trade 2 most wanted games, get $50 towards any new game (no preorders). If anyone has 1 game from the list, you should be able to pick up in store UFC4 PS4 from Best Buy for $20. I traded UFC 4 and Dayz , then UFC 4 and Modern Warfare Remastered, all PS4 games, for copies of MK1. Had no problem then returning MK1 for a refund, though got part back in cash, and part trade credit.

Just noticed the "Buy 2, Get 1 free on all Clearance items" -- are there any actual clearance video games / systems in stock at any stores?

bread's done
Back