The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Games I really wanted but I’m sure we’re out of stock for a while were RE4 CE, midnight suns LE, bayonetta masquerade edition, horizon FW Regalla edition.. not even mad since it wasn’t like I was slow enough to not catch em. Most of these had to be available at stores near you

Which ones? Most of the big titles are still available. I know what you mean though…I was scrambling to get through checkout.
Pokken and Pokémon mystery dungeon for switch. Was trying to find something to hit $80 but I guess I should have just bought multiple and flipped on eBay

Pokken and Pokémon mystery dungeon for switch. Was trying to find something to hit $80 but I guess I should have just bought multiple and flipped on eBay
Yeah, Switch enthusiasts swipe up stuff the quickest, I think. Maybe for Black Friday there’ll be some good deals on those.

Callisto CE still available if it’s instock in your stores lol. Ended up grabbing gungrave gore since it was hella cheap, Gotham knights deluxe, forspoken and crisis core with SF6 CE. Surprised SF6 CE still available for shipping

I wished the sale included more PS5 titles, alot of cheap stuff is XBX only. Still made out with a amazing haul.

SF6CE x4 ps5 (accidental double ordered, cant cancel for some reason)

NFS:U xbx

midnight suns legendary x2 xbx

star wars: savoir deluxe xbx

ff: crisis core ps5

dead island 2: hella edition xbx

stranger paradise ps5 

Going thru the clearance now.

FYI for anyone wondering, the Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Pre Owned Games apparently won’t be starting until Mid-week (Wednesday)

Wow. Even late to the party this morning that was legitimately good. Picked up a couple games I was eyeing, a couple at deep discounts and the Snorlax shirt! I was so excited/anxious for what was in my cart I forgot to use my $5 monthly.

Really wish they had Jedi Survivor for $22.50 actually in stock... Oh well, I'll keep waiting.

Ended up getting:

FFVII Crisis Core Reunion ($22.50)

Callisto Protocol ($9)

Tactics Ogre Reborn ($22.50)

Wanted:Dead ($13.50)

..All new. But then since I was on the cusp of getting free shipping if I added another item, I threw on Ghostwire Tokyo (used) and was allowed to apply my $5 monthly reward to that, which made it $14 and some change (meanwhile it helped me negate the $8 shipping fee, so in effect I was only spending an additional $6 than I otherwise would have)

They heavily increased the price of the PS5 Legendary Edition of Midnight Suns since last night. It was like $19 last night, now its $49.99 =/ But the Series X version is still cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not wake up this morning thinking I'd buy 6 games, but here we are. Gonna have to pick up from 2 different GameStops but they're both on my way to work. Callisto Protocol for $5, WWE 2k23 for $9, Midnight Suns for $8, Quarry for $10. Might return the Saints Row I got for $5, not sure if it's worth it. Anyone know if it's worth playing?

Anyone else notice the Alone in the Dark Collector's Edition and regular edition have the same picture. I was hoping to buy the Collector's edition for $60 but apparently not.

List of Collectors Edition's still on sale minus.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/resident-evil-4-collectors-edition---playstation-5/356051.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/god-of-war-ragnarok-collectors-edition---ps4-and-ps5-entitlements/344872.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/horizon-forbidden-west-regalla-edition---playstation-5/309474.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/gotham-knights-collectors-edition---playstation-5/344647.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/the-callisto-protocol-collectors-edition/344912.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/mx-vs.-atv-legends-collectors-edition---xbox-series-x/341409.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/mx-vs.-atv-legends-collectors-edition---playstation-4/341407.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/among-us-ejected-edition---playstation-4/302936.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-5/products/hot-wheels-rift-rally---playstation-4-playstation-5-and-ios/390516.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/dead-island-2-hell-a---xbox-series-x/351100.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/horizon-forbidden-west-collectors-edition---playstation-5/309487.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/street-fighter-6-collectors-edition---playstation-5/357765.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products/bayonetta-3-trinity-masquerade-edition---nintendo-switch/345460.html

Did not wake up this morning thinking I'd buy 6 games, but here we are. Gonna have to pick up from 2 different GameStops but they're both on my way to work. Callisto Protocol for $5, WWE 2k23 for $9, Midnight Suns for $8, Quarry for $10. Might return the Saints Row I got for $5, not sure if it's worth it. Anyone know if it's worth playing?
It was free on PS+ a while back or right now. Not worth playing in my opinion and I beat it.

Pretty good, a couple things I wanted were only available for the one day shipping so skipped those. Not a single item available locally.

Wanted Dead
Crisis Core
Star Ocean
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
Callisto Protocol
Valkyrie Elysium
1 shirt

Very lame you can't use the $5 coupon for this.

So FYI unless a store has 2 of an item it won’t show up locally for pickup. You can always go into a store & see what they have & if they don’t have it you can ask them to look at stores within I think 20 miles to see if they have it.

The other issue though is all these online orders will be pulling inventory from stores everywhere though so I would go today or tomorrow if there’s something you really want that Amazon doesn’t match.

The scalpers must have done their work (or the stock checker is disabled again), every store near me is wiped out of anything I really wanted but I still picked up a few games. Guessing most of these are gonna come gutted but picked up a few games. 

Damn, kinda salty I missed out on a few titles that I totally would've scooped up if not already sold out - NIS Classics vol. 2 and 3, Metroid Dread, and Live A Live to name a few. Did pick up a few others though:

Tactics Ogre PS5 ($22.49)

Mato Anomalies PS5 ($8.99)

Tales of Symphonia Remastered PS4 ($13.49)

Kinda sucks I couldn't find more I wanted to hit the free shipping mark, but the total was still lower than if I'd tried to add filler to get to $79. Still, I'm happy picking up 1 great title and 2 decent ones for $56. Bonus that it was totally covered by store credit I have on hand after getting rid of a lot of older stuff when they had that bonus 30% trade promo going a while back!

Looks like Amazon is now price matching many of the games from GameStop clearance sale. If you don't want GameStop "new games" Amazon is your best bet! I see the following PM'd

Forspoken
Trinity Trigger
DioField Chronicle

The scalpers must have done their work (or the stock checker is disabled again), every store near me is wiped out of anything I really wanted but I still picked up a few games. Guessing most of these are gonna come gutted but picked up a few games.
The store will need to have more than two copies in stock to register as available for pickup, otherwise it will show up as out of stock even though the store may have one copy available

Getting
crash racing for Xbox for $5.62 (already have for
Switch)
Octopath traveler II for ps4 for $13.50 (already have for
Switch also but haven’t played yet, heard the soundtrack is great and would be nice to play on surround sound speakers)

.. can this one be cross played between ps5 and switch? That would be nice

And Capcom Fighting Collection for $20 on switch on Amazon, algo price matched GameStop

Also grabbed Kirby star Allies for
$13.50 but I really detested this one single player so I may just cancel it despite being a good deal

Not a bad or overly expensive haul.

Anyone know what games are part of the “Most Wanted Games List?” The promo page for trade 2 for $50 on new games $39.99 and up seems broken as it lists every game under gallery view and nothing in list view. A Most Wanted link from google shows a list of several games on sale for $10 - $20 that could be traded in for half off full price games.

FYI you’re able to stack the $5 monthly discount with the sales in store. Also the employee told me the b2g1 preowned is currently active in store.

FYI you’re able to stack the $5 monthly discount with the sales in store. Also the employee told me the b2g1 preowned is currently active in store.
I used my $5 in store to get fire emblem for $8.50 before tax

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

The scalpers must have done their work (or the stock checker is disabled again), every store near me is wiped out of anything I really wanted but I still picked up a few games. Guessing most of these are gonna come gutted but picked up a few games.
Most stores never had any of this stuff that's on sale. The stores barely carry any new games anymore.

I used my $5 in store to get fire emblem for $8.50 before tax

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

Nice. That’s the only one of the blowout switch games my stores had in stock. But I already have it. Got Stranger of paradise for $4 and Midnight suns for $1.50 after coupons.

Found a ‘new’ Atelier ryza 3 in store…you know with generic cover art, lol. Some lucky online order is sure to get that copy.

Of all the Switch ‘new’ sale games, they only had 6.

what a crock load of crap that you cant use monthly OR reward certificate. i redeemed 5000 points that are just gonna go to the wind because it couldnt be applied. gamestop really does not want to fulfill on peoples points. Atomic heart ps4 sold out while i was going to GS to use my in store monthly only to find u cant use it on this sale online. got just dance, hot wheels, loop8, garfield, supercross 6, aegis so far

Was able to buy the Horizon Forbidden West Collector's Edition in store for about $35 after using my $5 coupon. Even though I have the game already. I think it was a good purchase.

If you guys are going in stores, check the very top shelves for collectors editions. They had some other ones there that are currently on sale but I was not interested in them.

It's nice some stores label on the spine games that are 25-75% off but it's obnoxious that they're so large and cover up the spine text / Game title in a lot of cases. WTF 

Anyone know what games are part of the “Most Wanted Games List?” The promo page for trade 2 for $50 on new games $39.99 and up seems broken as it lists every game under gallery view and nothing in list view. A Most Wanted link from google shows a list of several games on sale for $10 - $20 that could be traded in for half off full price games.
is this still going on?

I had a bit of luck in the store today.  All were "new" but gutted.

Callisto Protocol - Series X - $8.99

Marvel's Midnight Suns Enhanced Edition - Series X - $6.75

Need for Speed Unbound - Series X - $11.25

In my book, Pro Day has nudged slightly ahead of Arbor Day in my list of favorite holidays.  :shock:

The stores are swamped with orders. My orders still haven't been fulfilled. I was passing through a store that had a few games I wanted on my way back home and I had to buy it with my credit card because the system still hadn't processed my order. I can't even cancel the orders because GameStop doesn't allow that. I really don't wanna wait to get my gift card refund in the mail, is there anything I can do?

I had a bit of luck in the store today. All were "new" but gutted.

Callisto Protocol - Series X - $8.99

Marvel's Midnight Suns Enhanced Edition - Series X - $6.75

Need for Speed Unbound - Series X - $11.25

In my book, Pro Day has nudged slightly ahead of Arbor Day in my list of favorite holidays. :shock:
Id take gutted instead of the new copy they sold me disc only... WTF is that? I dont know what imaginary place GS lives in that they still consider this acceptable when no other retailer will allow something like this...

My online order is still processing.

I went to two stores; the first I got Wanted Dead and Star Ocean for PS5.

Then had them search for Ryza 3 on Switch. A store 15 minutes away had one left.

It was a gut copy, but I got the last one in my city.

So uh I just got Neo for $0.67 after using my $5 monthly. Looks like instore the prices are messed up. They took off 75% of the $39.99 price and gave 10% on top.[attachment=38224:71848809220__50449183-CEE9-4D31-ABDF-526C040B1F75.jpeg]

bread's done
Back