The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I've been trading Wii stuff just haven't said anything in the topic. They take a lot of weird stuff. I'm a couple grand in on trade again.

The Wii stuff being marked against you is hilarious and I hope you passed.

Yes Wii fit boards are back I've already traded 4 in.

They also now take 3rd party junk controllers.

So I burned 11,000 points and my monthly $5 on a used copy of PS5 FF7 Crisis Core (no stores around me had it new) and the disc just won't read. Stops at 5GB every time. I've troubleshooted everything - restarted the PS5, unplugged it, restarted it in safe mode and cleared cache, wiped the disc down with a microfiber cloth, you name it. There are some scratches on the back of the disc that won't come out.

Trying to return it while also getting my points and monthly back is going to be a bitch. I cannot wait to be done with this company once my pro runs out next month. I was already annoyed with how much they ruined the pro program between the price raise and removing most of the things I'd want to use my monthly benefits and rewards points on, and this is the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

So I burned 11,000 points and my monthly $5 on a used copy of PS5 FF7 Crisis Core (no stores around me had it new) and the disc just won't read. Stops at 5GB every time. I've troubleshooted everything - restarted the PS5, unplugged it, restarted it in safe mode and cleared cache, wiped the disc down with a microfiber cloth, you name it. There are some scratches on the back of the disc that won't come out.

Trying to return it while also getting my points and monthly back is going to be a bitch. I cannot wait to be done with this company once my pro runs out next month. I was already annoyed with how much they ruined the pro program between the price raise and removing most of the things I'd want to use my monthly benefits and rewards points on, and this is the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

Dang. This is why it was great using non-refundable coupons on digital credit. Now I hope for rare deals on new Nintendo games or new hardware.

That happened to me with Iron Man. I bought it right when it came out brand new/sealed and got home and it wouldn't read the disc. Brought it back and got another copy and it worked fine. I am not sure what the fail rate is on discs but I also remember the game Beyond Good and Evil for Gamecube wouldn't let me get passed the opening screen. Took it back for another copy and it worked.

Why wouldn't you just exchange it for another copy?
Only used copy in the area and I'm not paying for shipping.

I did luck out though - I went to return to my local store and they actually had a new copy (I had called a few days earlier and they said they didn't have it), so I just got a sealed copy for the low price of $18 after discounts.

Could have been a real headache so I'm glad it was that simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the 5$ monthly coupons not work on PSN cards anymore or was the GameStop I went to today just being stingy?
$5 monthly should work on any digital currency >$5 in-store (not online).

Reward certificates don't work on digital currency anymore iirc

$5 monthly should work on any digital currency >$5 in-store (not online).

Reward certificates don't work on digital currency anymore iirc
Hmm ok. The guy just didn't want to do it then, thought I'd see more people on here complaining if they stopped it

Like it's been stated OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, $5 monthly works on PSN/digital currency worth $10 or more in store.
I mean this is subject to change at any moment that's why I asked here. Guy at the store told me his computer wouldn't allow it to be used with the PlayStation card so all I was doing was double checking. Was trying it on a $20 card so he must've just been misinformed or being a jerk for no reason.

Like it's been stated OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, $5 monthly works on PSN/digital currency worth $10 or more in store.
The FAQ on the first page should be updated to include the $10 minimum. Then again, who actually looks at the first page? Sad! :fridge:

i mean, you have said on here like 5 times you are using your points on a psvr 2, but nobody is beating you up about it. we just ignore it and go to the next post. no need to yell.

Hmm ok. The guy just didn't want to do it then, thought I'd see more people on here complaining if they stopped it
I mean, I don't frequent GS regularly since long before PUR changed to the $5 monthly thing started but I tried it 4 of the 5 stores around me multiple times over the years and they've always said it won't work or they'll "try" it and it won't work (I obviously can't say if they actually tried it or not). Not sure if they just won't do it because I'm not a regular face or if there's some district rule.

I mean, I don't frequent GS regularly since long before PUR changed to the $5 monthly thing started but I tried it 4 of the 5 stores around me multiple times over the years and they've always said it won't work or they'll "try" it and it won't work (I obviously can't say if they actually tried it or not). Not sure if they just won't do it because I'm not a regular face or if there's some district rule.
It's just you.

It was over 10$. I've been doing this for a pretty long time now.
I don't know if Davem (the OP) is still updating the FAQ in the first post because it doesn't look like it's up to date and I was just pointing that out. Ideally, that FAQ would be kept up to date so everyone would know when the $5 monthly coupon stops working on gift cards but I don't know that everyone would even look there in the first place

Their trade on wii systems is weird too. I can trade in a wiimote and nunchuck for just $4 less than a complete system.

I've been trading Wii stuff just haven't said anything in the topic. They take a lot of weird stuff. I'm a couple grand in on trade again.

I mean this is subject to change at any moment that's why I asked here. Guy at the store told me his computer wouldn't allow it to be used with the PlayStation card so all I was doing was double checking. Was trying it on a $20 card so he must've just been misinformed or being a jerk for no reason.
Either he lied or he was too lazy to attempt the transaction. But I think they do it to see if they can get you to spend more money.

I have one really solid GS near me (probably 2-3 others since the people there rotate to other stores) but I also have one who takes a protractor to every trade and dings you if the battery cover on a controller doesn't sit 100% flush. Still remember the d-bag hitting me with $50 in refurb fees for battery covers, the glossy part of an OG PS4 having scratches, and I think just for shits & giggles on an OG Xbox One.

I could probably bring them a Wii and they'd still say they can't take the Wii remotes because they can't test them.

Went to GameStop about 2 hours ago and the employee said there was a glitch where she could not check out half of the items in the store. Said it was all stores.

Went to GameStop about 2 hours ago and the employee said there was a glitch where she could not check out half of the items in the store. Said it was all stores.
Another nefarious plot hatched by the hedgies against the apes.

Went to the store closest to my work after I was off around 3pm to pick up my preorder of Detective Pikachu and there was a sign on the door saying they would be closed until 6pm. Since I wasn't going to wait around for 3 hours and I had planned on playing this weekend I just stopped and grabbed it at the one closest to my house and will cancel my preorder later. I had pretty much stopped preordering at Gamestop and things like this are why. 

Didn’t seem like the Pro week trade bonus is going to be anything super and $19 on DualShock 4 controllers is pretty solid, unloaded some accessories today and picked up the new Mario Red Switch OLED.

Not sure which SKUs you are referring to, but I traded 4 regular Wii Remotes today and the base was $6 each, which matches this:

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=11099652

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the employees ring up the $9 Remote Plus ones for regular ones.
Ah, looks like they have a different active sku now, I was looking at an older sku. $6 ain't too bad.

Also, what a strange name: Nintendo Remote Controller for Nintendo Wii (Styles May Vary)

Tonight, I scraped up my last few purchases from the four for $20.

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - PS4

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - 360

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - 360

Trine Ultimate Collection - PS4

And the four for $10.

Assassin's Creed Origins - XB1

Halo Wars - 360

Harry Potter Kinect - 360

Just Dance 2015 - 360

I found a 360 Kinect at Goodwill the other day, so I went a little Kinect crazy.  :shock:

Got a heads up from GS employee for pro day should be 50% select new games tomorrow and next week b2g1 used games
Was actually better than that. 75% off some good titles for PRO members…Jedi Survivor Deluxe and Dead Island Hell-A editions. That’s good savings, for new copies. Hope they don’t ship gutted ones. 😀

Some great deals for Pro Day!

Scored Kirby Star Allies - $13.50

3 Funko skate decks - $55 for all 3

Dead Island 2 Hell-A edition - $22.50

Doesn't appear B2G1 is live yet, but CAG on X is listing lots of great deals.  Some good $15 Switch games are up too

Some great deals for Pro Day!

Scored Kirby Star Allies - $13.50
3 Funko skate decks - $55 for all 3
Dead Island 2 Hell-A edition - $22.50

Doesn't appear B2G1 is live yet, but CAG on X is listing lots of great deals. Some good $15 Switch games are up too
This is as good a PRO Day sale as I’ve seen. That Hell-A Edition was $100 before. Jedi Survivor Deluxe Edition dirt cheap too. Just hope they ship new copies and not gutted ones.

What a crap show their checkout page is. Still can’t place an order no matter what payment method UNLESS I use Apple Pay. Just glad I was able to finally place an order for SF6 CE. Too late for RE4 but I’m guessing it never even restocked. I swear I saw MK1 KE for $60+ but shows regular price when I clicked on it lol

What a crap show their checkout page is. Still can’t place an order no matter what payment method UNLESS I use Apple Pay. Just glad I was able to finally place an order for SF6 CE. Too late for RE4 but I’m guessing it never even restocked. I swear I saw MK1 KE for $60+ but shows regular price when I clicked on it lol
I was able to use a gift card but for some reason, when I tried to apply my monthly $5 coupon at check out, it wouldn’t let me. Gave an error.

bread's done
Back