The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Grabbed
Scarlett Nexus
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Tactics Ogre
Persona 5 Royal
Star Ocean the divine force
Valkyrie Elysium
Outriders Worldslayer
Redfall

All were new. Looks lot it's giving an additional 10% off everything including new games. Got all this for $103.
Bet $10 you ain't gonna play 5 of them especially redfall.

So uh I just got Neo for $0.67 after using my $5 monthly. Looks like instore the prices are messed up. They took off 75% of the $39.99 price and gave 10% on top. 71848809220__50449183-CEE9-4D31-ABDF-526C040B1F75.jpeg
Pro members get an additional 10% off these specific sale games this week only for Pro Week. These prices are good through February, but after this week it’s just going to be what’s left in the stores that weren’t sniped by online orders searching for the closest store to fulfill.

I went to another store during lunchtime today and picked up a few more "new" treats.

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - Switch - $13.50

Risen - PS4 - $4.50

Scarlet Nexus - PS4 - $4.50 (x2)

Stranger of Paradise - PS4 - $9

Tales of Arise - PS4 - $4.50 (x2)

Not bad.  And the extra copies of Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise are gifts by the way.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the store yesterday before the insane sports coverage started.  Picked these up for $5 + $10. Even used a $5 monthly coupon and it came out to $9.14 total.  Nobody has anything sealed but stores have 0-1 'new' shelf copies of  these clearanced jrpgs.

Gamestop-pickups-1.jpg

In great anticipation of all the first-time virgin Gamestop shoppers whining about receiving gutted games and blank cases I wanted to go to the store so I could hand-pick a couple of things. Really don't care to hear about everyone's blank cases coming in the mail during the next 3-7 days.  Don't order from GS if that's a problem for you.  These prices are so cheap that it shouldn't matter, and we all know the drill. 

Pretty awesome sale and 'tis just the beginning of the season.

Part of my order shipped today: 

DioField Chronicle - Switch 

Baba Is You - Switch

I'm still waiting on the rest:

Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 2 - Nintendo Switch

Kamiwaza: Way of the Thief - Nintendo Switch

GrimGrimoire OnceMore - Deluxe Edition - Nintendo Switch  

Update ordered some more titles. Including shipped/not shipped.

I wished the sale included more PS5 titles, alot of cheap stuff is XBX only. Still made out with a amazing haul.

SF6CE x4 ps5 (accidental double ordered, cant cancel for some reason) (4 shipped)

NFS:U xbx

midnight suns legendary x2 xbx

star wars: savoir deluxe xbx

ff: crisis core ps5

dead island 2: hella edition xbx

stranger paradise ps5

octopath traveler ps4 x2

porky & rocky ps4

star ocean ps5

​Valkyrie Elysium ps5

fairy fencer f ps4

gta trilogy ps4

ctr xbx

saints row: notorious edition (ps4, season pass alone is $30, steelbook and ps5 upgrade)

quarry ps5

callisto protocol ps5

goat simulator xbx

wwe 2k23 xbx x2

evil dead xbx

kirby & zelda shirt

Going thru the clearance now.

atrix 33 led lights x2

zelda long sleeve shirt
Titles in green shipped already, red haven't. Bold red is recently placed..

I got three games at two different stores yesterday:

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (sealed)

No More Heroes III (sealed)

Prinny NIS Volume 2 (open store copy but 100% complete)

Got a few other games that Amazon price matched too before they sold out. This was a great sale! 

My Saints Row for XBox shipped yesterday (sitting at a store for pickup) & my SF6 PS5 CE shipped today from Grapevine, TX (corporate.)

Went in saturday and picked up F1 2021 to split screen with wheels. Sucks it was $15 so didnt qualify for any promos, Really a 3 year old game.

i guess before we turn this thread into a gutted new game gallery, we can start with our "my orders shipped" posts. I was getting worried but my first order of 10 games finally shipped. 1 sent by itself and then the other 9 shipped together. should be warehouse since i doubt any store still had all those games sitting around. now to wait for my 2nd order of 5 niche games that will probably be disc only.

Went to the store yesterday before the insane sports coverage started. Picked these up for $5 + $10. Even used a $5 monthly coupon and it came out to $9.14 total. Nobody has anything sealed but stores have 0-1 'new' shelf copies of these clearanced jrpgs.

Gamestop-pickups-1.jpg

In great anticipation of all the first-time virgin Gamestop shoppers whining about receiving gutted games and blank cases I wanted to go to the store so I could hand-pick a couple of things. Really don't care to hear about everyone's blank cases coming in the mail during the next 3-7 days. Don't order then if that's a problem for you. These prices are so cheap that it shouldn't matter, and we all know the drill.

Pretty awesome sale and 'tis just the beginning of the season.
Wow look who is living all high and mighty.. I was well aware of gutted new copies when it is the last one and blank case used games but was my first time seeing that with a supposed new copy...

I didn't realize gutting had become this bad of a problem for GameStop but I guess I've only ordered games from them once or twice before, and it was years ago. Hopefully at least some of mine are complete.

At least my order shipped. 6 games for one package and one shirt alone for the other.

Stopped by a store because I didn’t get a pickup notification, and of course they’re out of stock and never got my order. I go to cancel the order and get an error… 🤬 Gs!

Stopped by a store because I didn’t get a pickup notification, and of course they’re out of stock and never got my order. I go to cancel the order and get an error… Gs!
When did you place your order? I did mine around 1am EST when the sale went live, and I was shocked to find out that I was the only one who placed a pickup order at my store according to the associate. The system just shit a brick from the deluge of online orders, and stores weren't transmitted the data until stores were already open, meaning in-store customers were able to purchase first and leave pickup orders unfulfilled.

Hopefully people are actually absorbing some key points from this sale but who am I kidding, the same complaints will pop up around black friday.

I got the order shipping soon and now it just changed to awaiting product availability. This was for midnight subs. OH well time to cancel.

Stopped by a store because I didn’t get a pickup notification, and of course they’re out of stock and never got my order. I go to cancel the order and get an error… Gs!
Same thing happened to me. Went to pick it up assuming they'd have it ready but they didn't so I bought the game. Couldn't cancel until the store fulfilled and had it ready for pickup and had to call them to cancel. Since I used trade credit, I'll be getting the refund as physical gift cards in the mail. I had 5 different orders so 5 different gift cards ranging from $5-20 each.

So far so good....

only in store item picked up with no issues (callisto CE), all other items have shipped (albeit saying carrier awaiting items) with a delivery date 3 days from now. 

• Callisto Protocol CE (PS5)
  • Dead Island 2 Hell-A (XSX)
  • HW Rift Rally CE x2 (PS5)
  • Fortnite Anime Legends (PS5)
  • Deathloop (PS5)
  • The Quarry (PS5)
  • Atomic Heart (PS5)
  • Big Brain Academy (Switch)
  • Civ 6 Platinum (Switch)

Pretty happy with this order for a total of $230!

Switch
- GrimGrimoire
- Labyrinth of Galleria
- Labyrinth of Zangetsu
- Void Terrarium 2

PS4
- Dungeon Munchies
- DioField Chronicles

I have higher hopes the PS4 stuff will arrive.
Did you have trade credit you had to use? Most of those Amazon price matched yesterday. My copies of Void Terrarium 2 and Grimgrimoire already shipped out from Amazon.

Dang tiny Tina PS5 was back in stock for a minute but trying to get to the free shipping minimum and it went of of stock.

Atomic Heart any good? Worth $35 or wait on that one?

bread's done
Back