The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
My SFVI CE actually shipped. A little shocked... 

Also realized that the Crisis Core I ordered was a pre-owned copy. Did not realize when I was checking out because I was going through my order quickly before anything sold out... ugh, basically ended up paying $10 more. 

For those that bought Callisto Protocol CE, did yours have a season pass in the box? Assuming not but just curious, since season passes were included on receipts or sent via emails when it came out.

For those that bought Callisto Protocol CE, did yours have a season pass in the box? Assuming not but just curious, since season passes were included on receipts or sent via emails when it came out.
I heard u only get it if you pre ordered or bought it on day one lol. Same goes for the physical copy of the game sadly

For some reason it saved my shipping address as the local store and everything I ordered is getting shipped there. How screwed am I?

I forgot but the power trade with pro week is it standard 30 percent or 40 percent now?

Also the trade 2 for 50 seems to be pulling the correct games.

Updated

SF6CE x4 ps5 (accidental double ordered, cant cancel for some reason) (4 shipped)

NFS:U xbx

midnight suns legendary x2 xbx

star wars: savoir deluxe xbx

ff: crisis core ps5

dead island 2: hella edition xbx

stranger paradise ps5

octopath traveler ps4 x2

porky & rocky ps4

star ocean ps5

​Valkyrie Elysium ps5

fairy fencer f ps4

gta trilogy ps4

ctr xbx

saints row: notorious edition (ps4, season pass alone is $30, steelbook and ps5 upgrade)

quarry ps5

callisto protocol ps5

goat simulator xbx

wwe 2k23 xbx x2

evil dead xbx

kirby & zelda shirt

super mega baseball 4

Going thru the clearance now.

atrix 33 led lights x2

zelda long sleeve shirt
So I just got a call from GS in a different state for the titles in red. The store did not have DI2: Hell-a, system showed 1 but it wasn't really there.... however, the other titles were in stock. He said he canceled my entire order since it couldn't be fulfilled completely. He give me the option to come in store and buy the other 2 games lmao. I'm in a whole different state bro. Those 3 titles were directed to his location, however star wars and sf6 ce from the same .com order both shipped from other locations. Apparently, the only options for stores are ship all items or cancel. Supposedly, the 3 will bounce to a new location or be broken up and picked by other stores. We shall see..... I'm sure Hella edition have been dried up by now.

Does anyone know if I purchase the Disc Edition of Street Fighter 6 for the PS4.. Does it have a PS5 Upgrade free or not?
Yes it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated

So I just got a call from GS in a different state for the titles in red. The store did not have DI2: Hell-a, system showed 1 but it wasn't really there.... however, the other titles were in stock. He said he canceled my entire order since it couldn't be fulfilled completely. He give me the option to come in store and buy the other 2 games lmao. I'm in a whole different state bro. Those 3 titles were directed to his location, however star wars and sf6 ce from the same .com order both shipped from other locations. Apparently, the only options for stores are ship all items or cancel. Supposedly, the 3 will bounce to a new location or be broken up and picked by other stores. We shall see..... I'm sure Hella edition have been dried up by now.

Yes it does.
Thank you, I have another question. Does anyone know if the PS4 Deluxe edition comes with the DLC for the PS5 version as well?

"You want them done? Either open back up the warehouses or increase our pay by 5$ MINIMUM and keep double coverage."

All you're doing is shipping out items, and that's too much to do. Find the items in the store (something you would do for any customer), put them in a box, print a label, slap it on, and ship it out.

Grow up and ship items out.

"You want them done? Either open back up the warehouses or increase our pay by 5$ MINIMUM and keep double coverage."

All you're doing is shipping out items, and that's too much to do. Find the items in the store (something you would do for any customer), put them in a box, print a label, slap it on, and ship it out.

Grow up and ship items out.
I don't disagree, but they're not staffed to do shipping and keep up all the store related items like stocking, alphabetizing, cleaning, labeling, processing received products, and handling customers on top of that. If they had two or three people on staff at all times, no worries. But they typically don't.

As for me, 4 of 6 games shipped. Green is shipped.

Switch
- GrimGrimoire
- Labyrinth of Galleria
- Labyrinth of Zangetsu
- Void Terrarium 2

PS4
- Dungeon Munchies
- DioField Chronicles

My order shipped a few more items this morning (Three Hopes, Valkyrie Elysium).  Still waiting on Stranger of Paradise for SXS, but overall glad things are shipping.

My GS store usually has very few people in it (often nobody).  As someone who has shipped plenty of items on ebay, it doesn't take more than a few minutes to box something up and ship it.  From a business standpoint, it probably makes a lot of sense to use your existing real estate and employees to ship products.  I get it's more for them to do, but half the time the guys at my store are on their phones or just hanging out and talking behind the counter.  I would like to see GS survive in the long run and hope measures like this are handled well and gain the company some profitability.  

I don't disagree, but they're not staffed to do shipping and keep up all the store related items like stocking, alphabetizing, cleaning, labeling, processing received products, and handling customers on top of that. If they had two or three people on staff at all times, no worries. But they typically don't.
Though I agree with the staffing issues adding to such problems, the job still calls for doing such orders. If they truly want to take a stand, quit. But at the end of the day, not doing orders is going to hit the stores earnings which also hits their wages, making the situation worst for all.

But again, I agree that they need more workers, though good luck finding people to work there without any benefits and barely paying above minimum wage.

People need to get other jobs if they don’t like what they’re doing. I don’t understand people that act like they don’t have ability to go else where. I get companies do scummy shit but, you also put yourself in that situation. Don’t enjoy your job do something about it at the end of the day.

It does seem like a lot of orders if the staffing hours aren't increased at all. When Toys R Us started going nuts on online orders we either had a night crew handling it, or a person during the day that was dedicated like 90% to it. It is also kind of nuts if they just don't have warehouses anymore and it's entirely on the stores.

My local store basically has 3 employees total and are staffed extremely light at all times.

can anyone confirm if the PS5 with disc is trading in for $420 this week? 

and if any switch games are getting an extra 20% when you trade in towards them?

It does seem like a lot of orders if the staffing hours aren't increased at all. When Toys R Us started going nuts on online orders we either had a night crew handling it, or a person during the day that was dedicated like 90% to it. It is also kind of nuts if they just don't have warehouses anymore and it's entirely on the stores.

My local store basically has 3 employees total and are staffed extremely light at all times.
My store has 1 person at a time. They can’t be doing other things while anyone is in the store because that is a sure fire way to get the place robbed.

I have another question. Does anyone know if the PS4 Deluxe edition comes with the DLC for the PS5 version as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Reddit thread is always such a cesspool. My major takeaway is that the GS employees are (generally, not in all cases) very lazy. I understand that the pay is terrible, but perhaps they should go apply to other higher paying retail jobs if they really want something to change in their lives. Many fast food and other retailers are making offers well above minimum wage right now due to staffing shortages. Going on Reddit and moping about your job, and refusing to do the work you are being paid to do will do nothing to improve your situation.

Tried to do the two for fifty trade with cold war and MLB 23 PS4 and the register did not give the bumps so we couldn't do the trade. Also a really nasty remark from the other worker saying we know how to do our jobs when I simply said u should look are sure u have aew the game I wanted because it looked like they were just gonna ring it up from the register

That Reddit thread is always such a cesspool. My major takeaway is that the GS employees are (generally, not in all cases) very lazy. I understand that the pay is terrible, but perhaps they should go apply to other higher paying retail jobs if they really want something to change in their lives. Many fast food and other retailers are making offers well above minimum wage right now due to staffing shortages. Going on Reddit and moping about your job, and refusing to do the work you are being paid to do will do nothing to improve your situation.
Did they actually close the warehouses? Anyone know? That seems crazy. All of my orders "shipped" all USPS and most in one large order, I assumed they'd be coming from the warehouse since I found it hard to believe any store had all of the games in stock, but base on Reddit seems like it might be coming from a store after all.

Edit: according to an article they closed a distribution center in Kentucky, but still have them in Grapevine TX, York, Pennsylvania, and Reno, Nevada.

Most of those offers are still only part time and come with the asterisk of "up to $__", not a guarantee for the number on the sign. I'm not in retail anymore myself but generally it's shit pay with limited or zero benefits unless you are a store manager, and there are almost no full time employees. The way GameStop has been run at a store level for years now is a joke, and I don't blame the employees for not taking it seriously. I'm not saying it's good, the low quality of the stores this has led to means I rarely shop there, but I get it.

Maybe it's different in certain parts of the country, I don't know. At least in my region for GS, I hear over performance tends to mean you may be getting one extra shift for your store per week, and more junk sent to your store to try and sell. Not exactly incentive to improve.

Did they actually close the warehouses? Anyone know? That seems crazy. All of my orders "shipped" all USPS and most in one large order, I assumed they'd be coming from the warehouse since I found it hard to believe any store had all of the games in stock, but base on Reddit seems like it might be coming from a store after all.
They might still have the centers in York and Grapevine, but the hours for York show that is only open for one day

They might still have the centers in York and Grapevine, but the hours for York show that is only open for one day
I just received shipping confirmation for my SF6 CE from the York center. First time getting something from there, has always been Grapevine.

Ah, yes, calling retail workers "lazy," versus the more common situation of over-tasked and under-paid. 

People aren't robots.  And they still have to manage the store and customers while adding on another task (SFS) with less people and hours.

And to the "find other jobs" types, most jobs in many areas are retail, service, or warehouse work.  They all equally suck, hence the rise of union movements.  The answer is unionize with other retail workers.

Blaming the workers for getting a raw deal is some real poop-tier takes...

I'm gonna sound mean but GameStop
Mainly has lazy workers who if I'm being brutally honest will never provide anything beneficial to society as a whole.

The simplest of tasks seem...... difficult for them.

Anyway last trade in of the year. Hoping we hit $800ish then that's it from me until March. Appreciate you all in the topic for all the work you put in posting deals and trade in boosts.

Ah, yes, calling retail workers "lazy," versus the more common situation of over-tasked and under-paid.
People aren't robots. And they still have to manage the store and customers while adding on another task (SFS) with less people and hours.
And to the "find other jobs" types, most jobs in many areas are retail, service, or warehouse work. They all equally suck, hence the rise of union movements. The answer is unionize with other retail workers.
Every one is dealt the same hand in life for the most part. Unless you’re disabled or have some type of illness that effects you from doing something, you deal your own hand.

I get that corporation take advantage of people but, that only happens to those who allow it. There are jobs out there, it’s just on you to apply or get yourself in the position to do better. The world isn’t going to just give you handouts. People are generally lazy and expect to receive handouts. There’s a huge problem with the new generation and thinking that everything is just going to come to them. A lot of them are not trying to work and rather do the tiktok/streaming/youtube route. I constantly hear it places I eat. I was at a restaurant the other day listening to some kids who play football. One of them was mentioning he is going to be TikTok famous when he grows up and doesn’t want to pursue playing football more or goto college. You get my point though.

Corporation can get blamed for the greed but, people need to do better in general. You allow things to happen to yourself when you play victim. Do something about it or continue to be the victim.

People aren't robots. And they still have to manage the store and customers while adding on another task (SFS) with less people and hours.

And to the "find other jobs" types, most jobs in many areas are retail, service, or warehouse work. They all equally suck, hence the rise of union movements. The answer is unionize with other retail workers.

And these workers have to deal with some strange characters coming into their stores.

I was in there lunchtime and this kid came in. Don’t know why the fuck he wasn’t in school. And yes he was obviously a kid, his phone went off while I was there and it said ‘call from mommy.’ Also based on his speech he had some sort of learning disability, And the poor employee had to be polite and put up with his inane questions while the kid just fucked around the store.

Tried to do the two for fifty trade with cold war and MLB 23 PS4 and the register did not give the bumps so we couldn't do the trade. Also a really nasty remark from the other worker saying we know how to do our jobs when I simply said u should look are sure u have aew the game I wanted because it looked like they were just gonna ring it up from the register
Were you buying a $40+ new game in the same transaction?

And these workers have to deal with some strange characters coming into their stores.

I was in there lunchtime and this kid came in. Don’t know why the fuck he wasn’t in school. And yes he was obviously a kid, his phone went off while I was there and it said ‘call from mommy.’ Also based on his speech he had some sort of learning disability, And the poor employee had to be polite and put up with his inane questions while the kid just fucked around the store.
Is the bar that low that answering questions is seen as hard work?

When I did my time in retail at EB Games, the worst customers were the kids whose parents dropped off like it was a daycare. By contrast, I did the same thing as a child because I genuinely wanted to play the kiosks and begged to do so. Maybe corporal punishment wasn't so bad because I was never the little shit some of them were.

Somehow ended up with sealed copies of Callisto Protocol and Scarlet Nexus, for a grand total of $9.86.

I know they're technically "free"on PS Plus but I'm probably dropping down tiers soon.

I was on vacation in mexico when this sale started, so by the time I looked online most things were gone. However I did go to my local store and to my surprise they had the last copies of a bunch of games. picked up:

Star Wars Jedi Survivor Deluxe XBX $21
Redfall XSX $15

NFS Unbound XSX $12

LOTR Golumn XSX $9 

Mortal Kombat 11 XSX Ultimate $7

Trinity Trigger ps4 $25

Scarlet Nexus XSX $5

Tales of Arise PS4 $5

Callipso Protocol PS5 $5

Destroy All Humans 2 XSX $9

RE 8 Gold XSX $18

Saints Row Notorious Edition XSX $12

Street Fighter 6 CE PS5 $57

a lot of the xbox games were last copies so gutted, but thats to be expected and im ok with it considering the prices. This is probably one of the better GS sales in years IMO. 

bread's done
Back