The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
emailed GS support for over a week regarding missing season pass with Callisto CE with a bunch of back and forth they said "they can't do anything as they are the distributor and to contact the manufacturer" ...called GS support, the guy tried to get me code but couldn't so I told him I will just buy it on the PS store but it is $29.99 and therefore I want either 30k in points or a refund of $30. He refunded me the $30 and now I am contacting Krafton to get the code since they are unrelated to the GS issue.

I think that might depend on how limited you think the console is going to be. I honestly don't remember the last limited edition console (Halo?) that sold at retail and how long that lasted.
Do they even have any Spider-Man 2 consoles available near you? I thought they pretty much sold out, a couple weeks ago.
I saw one last weekend at my GS although it's in a very rural area which is probably why it's still there. Guess I was looking to upgrade but seems like I should have got it when I saw it.

emailed GS support for over a week regarding missing season pass with Callisto CE with a bunch of back and forth they said "they can't do anything as they are the distributor and to contact the manufacturer" ...called GS support, the guy tried to get me code but couldn't so I told him I will just buy it on the PS store but it is $29.99 and therefore I want either 30k in points or a refund of $30. He refunded me the $30 and now I am contacting Krafton to get the code since they are unrelated to the GS issue.
Apparently, you may be able to email Skybound and they will send you the season pass code.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCallistoProtocol/comments/15beoyu/missing_season_pass_code/

Can the $50 trade bump for PS5 purchase be used on multiple consoles? I may be willing to part with my OG Xbox One and PS4 if I can get almost $200 for them total.
I called yesterday- Only one console (the highest value console) gets the bump. The promo wording says or- not and.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fingers crossed, my refund GC for my missing Triangle Strategy is preparing for shipment.  Only took 2 phone calls from my store (where I placed the order), 2 phone calls from me and 2 emails from me.  Reminds me why I only buy in store and am damn lucky that the employees at my store are awesome.  

Has anyone seen this on their online order before?

Order status:pending- we’ve received your order and it will be processed once the trade in is completed successfully

Been back and fourth with CS and they “sent me a replacement”. That’s what the replacement order says. The CS guy said the order was processed and I’d get en email when it ships. But that’s what it says

I'm sorry to say, but...the base game is $3.75 now.
That's a little misleading, at least in my experience. There are supposedly none in any store within 50 miles of where I live meaning they have to ship. Shipping is $7.99 and then $0.84 for tax. I'm better off waiting until it's $9.99 at Amazon and ships for free.

That's a little misleading, at least in my experience. There are supposedly none in any store within 50 miles of where I live meaning they have to ship. Shipping is $7.99 and then $0.84 for tax. I'm better off waiting until it's $9.99 at Amazon and ships for free.
[attachment=38291:Screenshot_20231023-171327.jpg]

Objectively, it is not misleading. It IS currently $3.75, if you want it for PS5. Also objectively, it is currently out of stock within a 50 mile radius from the store nearest you, wherever it is.

Confirmed cannot return Callisto Collector to partially refund the difference (Pro Week $47.50 vs post-Pro Week $25). You'll only be reimbursed the current active sales price. Also, GS updated their policy whereby: unopened Special and Collector's Edition can ONLY be returned within 7 days. Ya'll forewarned.

Confirmed cannot return Callisto Collector to partially refund the difference (Pro Week $47.50 vs post-Pro Week $25). You'll only be reimbursed the current active sales price. Also, GS updated their policy whereby: unopened Special and Collector's Edition can ONLY be returned within 7 days. Ya'll forewarned.
When did the policy change happen? Local GS yesterday told me there was a 15 day window. :whistle2:k

Anybody here cop a Steam Deck from GameStop yet and have any specific pros/cons? Might get one come Black Friday.
Don't do it. Too much of a hassle. Just get Steam gift cards and buy directly from Steam. The refurbished sold by Steam is around the same price as GameStop and comes with 1 year of Steam warranty. New ones from steam will probably be on sale too.

attachicon.gif
Screenshot_20231023-171327.jpg

Objectively, it is not misleading. It IS currently $3.75, if you want it for PS5. Also objectively, it is currently out of stock within a 50 mile radius from the store nearest you, wherever it is.
LOL. OK, Mr. Semantics. "Ummm actually..." Did you push up your glasses before typing out your condescending diatribe?

I was sharing the experience of not having any in stock nearby, letting anyone know they'd be paying a good deal more than $3.75 because of shipping. But keep on policing the Internet. You're doing a bang up job.

Bother -- I ordered a $6 copy of that Switch Super Mega Baseball thing... and I forgot to pick it up.  Just got a cancellation e-mail.

I suppose I can stop by the store tomorrow to see if they still have it...

LOL. OK, Mr. Semantics. "Ummm actually..." Did you push up your glasses before typing out your condescending diatribe?

I was sharing the experience of not having any in stock nearby, letting anyone know they'd be paying a good deal more than $3.75 because of shipping. But keep on policing the Internet. You're doing a bang up job.
Say what you mean, not mean what you say especially on a site that relies heavily on facts (not feelings) about gaming promos. If you're that much triggered on the Internet by a random stranger fact-checking "semantics", then maybe log off and go touch some grass. I don't claim to "policing the Internet", very imaginative, but I do want to correct misinformation on behalf of the CAG community. Had it not been me, someone else would. Explain to everyone how my sharing of factual information resulted in the game being out of stock in your area? "Misleading?" Utter nonsense. And thank you.

Anybody here cop a Steam Deck from GameStop yet and have any specific pros/cons? Might get one come Black Friday.
seconding the advice to just buy valve/steam cards from gamestop with your trade in credit and purchase your steamdeck directly from steam's website. this is what I did when I bought mine (a new one, but i'd never buy gamestop "refurbished"). check regularly for sales on steamdecks which tend to last about 2-3 weeks when they do go on sale, they discount them like 10-20% off which can be over $75 off for the more expensive model.

So what if the price had gone back to MSRP? Profit?

Say what you mean, not mean what you say especially on a site that relies heavily on facts (not feelings) about gaming promos. If you're that much triggered on the Internet by a random stranger fact-checking "semantics", then maybe log off and go touch some grass. I don't claim to "policing the Internet", very imaginative, but I do want to correct misinformation on behalf of the CAG community. Had it not been me, someone else would. Explain to everyone how my sharing of factual information resulted in the game being out of stock in your area? "Misleading?" Utter nonsense. And thank you.
I tip my fedora to you good sir

Don't do it. Too much of a hassle. Just get Steam gift cards and buy directly from Steam. The refurbished sold by Steam is around the same price as GameStop and comes with 1 year of Steam warranty. New ones from steam will probably be on sale too.
3rded the above. Only reason to get a possibly used one (there's been no confirmation of how gs is getting them from previous discussions) is if you have gs gift cards and can't somehow convert that into steam currency (buy a game then trade it in for credit then buy steam gift card?) . As if you have the gc might as well use it on something you want.

3rded the above. Only reason to get a possibly used one (there's been no confirmation of how gs is getting them from previous discussions) is if you have gs gift cards and can't somehow convert that into steam currency (buy a game then trade it in for credit then buy steam gift card?) . As if you have the gc might as well use it on something you want.

seconding the advice to just buy valve/steam cards from gamestop with your trade in credit and purchase your steamdeck directly from steam's website. this is what I did when I bought mine (a new one, but i'd never buy gamestop "refurbished"). check regularly for sales on steamdecks which tend to last about 2-3 weeks when they do go on sale, they discount them like 10-20% off which can be over $75 off for the more expensive model.
just to add to this, steam says they are not affiliated with the refurbishing gamestop does and their own refurbished units are different than the gamestop ones, so you are probably getting some modern version of a towel trick from them.

These guys are too much. Bought a few games from the sale a couple weeks ago. Decided not to keep three hopes for switch since I’m mostly digital on switch. 

Went into store today to return. Guy looks up order on my account and refunds me $53. I tell him no it was $15. It should say on my order in my account. He says no it says you paid $50 plus tax. Sure enough has three games I ordered for $5, $6 and $50 for three hopes. 

This place is incredible. 

These guys are too much. Bought a few games from the sale a couple weeks ago. Decided not to keep three hopes for switch since I’m mostly digital on switch.

Went into store today to return. Guy looks up order on my account and refunds me $53. I tell him no it was $15. It should say on my order in my account. He says no it says you paid $50 plus tax. Sure enough has three games I ordered for $5, $6 and $50 for three hopes.

This place is incredible.
So you checked the order and it actually showed you paid $50 for three hopes? :shock:

so i ordered 3 games last week, when a few of the $20 games dropped to $10, but changed my mind and cancelled the order. today the games show up at my door. I don't even think they are new, but im not going to complain for free.

so i ordered 3 games last week, when a few of the $20 games dropped to $10, but changed my mind and cancelled the order. today the games show up at my door. I don't even think they are new, but im not going to complain for free.
Be careful. They can recharge you for the agreed upon amount if you keep the items.

Happened to me once with Walmart, but it was a massive price mistake anyway, so nbd.

So apparently, Spider-Man 2 has gone woke and buggy. Decided to exchange my T2F50T40 (with trade-in credit) copy for the Lords of the Fallen Collector's Edition, $200 OOP. I am now officially DONE with Pro Week...til next month.

So apparently, Spider-Man 2 has gone woke and buggy. Decided to exchange my T2F50T40 (with trade-in credit) copy for the Lords of the Fallen Collector's Edition, $200 OOP. I am now officially DONE with Pro Week...til next month.
I’m surprised spidey isn’t sipping on a bud light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have to be expired to get the offer for $15 pro renewal?

Or is there some period of time when you can possibly get it, nearing expiration? Think mine is up late April 

Honestly other than driving the ending to the story, Miles served no purpose other than to be there. His side missions were extremely cringe, whereas Peter is taking down cults with another character for his side stuff... Miles is helping a male student ask a guy to homecoming, spray paint graffiti with a deaf girl, and help find musical instruments.
It's a shame, cuz I feel Marvel doesn't know what to Do with the character, and he's got potential to just be HIS OWN character.

bread's done
Back