The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I just went to my local Gamestop that I always go to check and see if they had the PS5 Slim Spider-man 2 bundle and they flat out lied to me saying " That bundle does not exist, we only have the Fat PS5 Spider-man 2 bundle." The funny thing was there was a picture of it right on the desk and they blatantly lied that it didn't exist. I knew the store down the road about 5 miles from me had just got a shipment in and I was able to get one. I was able to use my 10k PUR points to knock $10 off the PS5. Moral of the story is only go to a store that shows the bundle in-stock with the online checker.
thats a scum thing for them to do

How long does it take for PUR points to be removed from your account after use? 

Last night I went into a local store and used points to knock the price of MW3 down.  Guy said he could do two $25 certificates, a $15, a $5 and a $3 because he had done it earlier in the day.  I was skeptical but I said sure, do what you can.  He ended up using a $25, $15 and a $5 (45,000 points) because he's limited in the quantity of certificates he can use in one transaction.  I said I also still have the monthly $5 certificate, but he said that was one of the ones used.  

I got four separate emails last night thanking me for redeeming points.  They were for $25, $25, $15 and $5.  Each transaction has a separate confirmation ID.  I just checked my account and I still have over 74,000 points, which is what I had before the transaction last night.  

Am I going to get screwed out of $25 on this or did he give me free certificates?

*EDIT*

There is a $25 reward certificate in my active offers, but that still does not explain the points situation.

*EDIT 2*

This all updated in the time I first made this post (15 minutes).  Everything looks correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a Final Fantasy XVI Deluxe on the shelf at a store and had luck matching Target’s sale. Was only planning on getting flip material, but I don’t mind biting on that

My GameStop wouldn't let price match their own website and also wouldn't let me use the monthly coupon on a PSN card. Awesome

Local store finally got in the Spider-man slim ps5 bundles. Ended up using the trade card from trading in my fat ps5 and picked it up tonight. So check you're local inventory if you were looking for one instead of the COD bundle.

Sheets been updated. Even with the B2G1 there are barely any flips but the usual suspects. Going to try something new. Hoping I can get a price tracker working for Walmart, Target, Bestbuy, Gamefly and other sites to hope flips expand a bit. If there are any other major gaming retailers to include please mention them.

Matchpoint: Tennis Championships
Scar's Above
MX vs. ATV
TT Isle of Man are flippable. Hopefully I can get this working soon.
Where are you buying these games to flip to Gamestop?

I'm sure selling the newest marvel movies will surely be the best business decision.[attachment=38373:Screenshot_20231122-220758.png]

If someone could be so kind, can someone verify if power trades get +30% or +40% on BF and Sat, vs upcoming +50% on Sun. There is a current Double trade bonus 20% and 20% power trade towards MW3, Mario Rpg, Hogwarts switch.

Is there a percent or dollar amount taken for refurb fees on trades?

Looking to trade in some 360 titles but they are heavily scratched. Ok with the refurb fee, just looking for what that fee may be before I head in.

disney plus has all of them and they even stream the 4K version if you have a 4K setup (ant man 3 looked incredible !). good luck selling that as of now if you are gamestop
Not saying they’ll be successful….but some people like owning things instead of subbing to a streaming service.

disney plus has all of them and they even stream the 4K version if you have a 4K setup (ant man 3 looked incredible !). good luck selling that as of now if you are gamestop
I used to prefer streaming, until they put ads in and force a higher tier to get "ad free" service, they can go fuck off with that shit.

that being said, gamestop used to sell dvds and i don't think it went too well.

So whatever PUR points we earn during Black Friday, we have to use up by December 1 because of the new rules?

So whatever PUR points we earn during Black Friday, we have to use up by December 1 because of the new rules?
If the points are less than a year old, they should still be in your account after the switchover, and will last for a year after the earned date. That is my understanding.

The phat PS5 dropped to $449 but has no game bundled. If I traded my PS5, it looks like I’d get $390 after the 20% bump. Is that right? Trying to decide if it’s worth the $60 for a console/controller refresh. Mine is a launch console and the controller doesn’t drift…yet.

The phat PS5 dropped to $449 but has no game bundled. If I traded my PS5, it looks like I’d get $390 after the 20% bump. Is that right? Trying to decide if it’s worth the $60 for a console/controller refresh. Mine is a launch console and the controller doesn’t drift…yet.
I considered trading towards the slim but my launch phat is silent and my sales tax is over 10 percent, I’m just gonna wait a year for the pro.

surprisingly gaming wise im sticking with gamestop only this year. after my trade in credit and my $150 gift card my employer gave me im getting

.ps5 spiderman slim bundle (will settle for cod bundle if sold out)

.battlefield 2042 ps5 new
.miles morales ultimate edition ps5 new
all for roughly $118 cash out of pocket before taxes

i also have ps5 upgrades for ghost of tsushuma and GOW ragnarok + my old sealed copy of horizon zero dawn to play so i will have plenty to keep me busy as i wait for more titles to release. i do want ratchet and clank and forbidden west but i have a strong feeling they will start to tank in price or be on PS+ as a free game soon as well

Is there some reason I can't check out online for a digital copy of Sonic Frontiers using a gift card? I thought it was just the monthly $5 certificate that couldn't be used for anything digital online.

Is there some reason I can't check out online for a digital copy of Sonic Frontiers using a gift card? I thought it was just the monthly $5 certificate that couldn't be used for anything digital online.
A few pages back there were alerts that you’d no longer be able to use GCs/trade credit for digital items or currency online.

I know there were changes but I guess I misremembered, because I thought that just digital currency would be out, and digital games would still be okay.

Oh well, guess I'll get it from Humble to get both the Rakuten cash back and the full Nintendo coin bonus.

I've never been happier to have started collecting over a decade ago than just starting. Woof on those prices...

I haven’t traded anything in a while to GameStop, but wanted to trade my launch ps5 for a slim one. Do any of the 20% promotions apply to consoles? Like if I trade it toward one of the 20% extra games?

No way is it the disc version that's $150 off a system that's already selling extremely well with Spider-Man 2. Digital version discount makes sense.

the leaked photo has exclusions listed for bundles, digital only and clearance listed.[attachment=38375:349-99-black-friday-deal-for-ps5-at-target-v0-cdn5r1i1652c1.jpg]

bread's done
Back