The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
It might be worth it to try to price match the PS5 for $350 at GameStop as soon as it opens up to use up all the GameStop funny money. If they do price match, please let us know! They'll probably say something like "oh it's for members only at Target", so is the GameStop price matching now, only for Pro members.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be worth it to try to price match the PS5 for $350 at GameStop as soon as it opens up to use up all the GameStop funny money. If they do price match, please let us know! They'll probably say something like "oh it's for members only at Target", so is the GameStop price matching now, only for Pro members.
last time they told me they wouldnt price match unless im a pro

then they told me they wouldnt price match if it says black friday deal anywhere

i pull up a different site that had the same price and then after a phone call they didnt price match cause it was too much of a discount from their standard $60 price tag

good luck

last time they told me they wouldnt price match unless im a pro
then they told me they wouldnt price match if it says black friday deal anywhere
i pull up a different site that had the same price and then after a phone call they didnt price match cause it was too much of a discount from their standard $60 price tag
good luck
I can't even get my GameStop to price match their own website.

Post on SD shows there might also be some kind of sale on the disc version too... $150 discount? Prob not but will be interesting to see how big of cut it is.
https://slickdeals.net/f/17100154-449-99-playstation-5-console?p=167376223#post167376223
Sure, there may be a small discount for the slim console bundles but nothing like this, and odds are mirroring whatever discount Sony may be doing on its own.

Folks seem to have forgetten that clearance and sales on this stuff by retailers is strictly controlled by the publishers/platform holders. Target can't willy nilly discount this stuff anymore unless they want to get sued by Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft. They have to get authorization fot these sales.

Don't know if it was mentioned, but I'm only seeing a 20% boost still. Doesn't look like the 40% boost is happening.

I'll give it one more year for a PS5 Pro.

If it doesn't happen, I'll look forward to getting a used Phat for the basement.
I'm willing to buy the PS5 Pro 2024 rumors. Wouldn't make sense to announce it this early and potentially reduce sales. Also buying Switch 2 2024 rumors.

How many people are still buying digital only PS5s with those new sub prices though? Its $135/160 a year for extra/premium. Makes so much more sense to just get a Series S.

GameStop has three Switch double packs for Inin games. Cotton series, Darius series, and Monster Boy series.

I got the Cotton pack and Darius pack, after coupons and rewards, for under $15/game shipped.

Hopefully they'll come sealed, but who knows. Given that they're bundled,I would think they're warehouse fodder. We shall see!

Seems like a scam now, show limited stock at all stores and not elegible for pick up, delivery, or shipping.
It's 30% off one of the most popular items right now... it just sold out fast. It's a pretty insane deal.

Don't know if it was mentioned, but I'm only seeing a 20% boost still. Doesn't look like the 40% boost is happening.

I'm willing to buy the PS5 Pro 2024 rumors. Wouldn't make sense to announce it this early and potentially reduce sales. Also buying Switch 2 2024 rumors.
I'm genuinely curious when we'll see a PS5 Pro honestly... I think they did the PS4 Pro at the same time as the PS4 slim but that's obviously not the case here. I'm also curious if Nintendo even cares about an NS2. They're making bank on that system and it seems like everyone has it (not to mention many people have multiple, either because of variants or family/kids).

GameStop has three Switch double packs for Inin games. Cotton series, Darius series, and Monster Boy series.

I got the Cotton pack and Darius pack, after coupons and rewards, for under $15/game shipped.

Hopefully they'll come sealed, but who knows. Given that they're bundled,I would think they're warehouse fodder. We shall see!
Haha, I ordered those as well. Great price, but if you check local stock every store has 1 copy meaning they're likely all guts but I'm sure GS will use plenty of circle stickers to patch them into one "sealed" monstrosity.

I don't even bother taking the circle stickers off. They're the absolute worst.

I just take my hobby knife and cut out the bit in the center, the little rectangle of sticker holding it closed, and keep the rest of the sticker in place.

I'll eventually do case swaps as I got along. I hate those things.

I got sealed Wonder Boy and Cotton bundles with a Gutted Darius, at a local store. They doubled sided each Darius case with ring stickers, might try to exchange that one out at another store.

It's 30% off one of the most popular items right now... it just sold out fast. It's a pretty insane deal.

I'm genuinely curious when we'll see a PS5 Pro honestly... I think they did the PS4 Pro at the same time as the PS4 slim but that's obviously not the case here. I'm also curious if Nintendo even cares about an NS2. They're making bank on that system and it seems like everyone has it (not to mention many people have multiple, either because of variants or family/kids).

Haha, I ordered those as well. Great price, but if you check local stock every store has 1 copy meaning they're likely all guts but I'm sure GS will use plenty of circle stickers to patch them into one "sealed" monstrosity.
if you see 1 stock online shouldn't they have 2 due to the -1 inventory

Well I got back from trading stuff in…

Got $390 for my ps5 and also traded in some other small games including redfall for 19.xx and grabbed the slim ps5 modern warfare bundle for $499.

The slim console really is noticeably thinner.

Just picked up kirby dreamland & donkey kong tropical freeze brand new sealed for $58 and some change. The $5 off $40 is still going on for in store pickips.

Question: does the $5 off with in store pickup work if I also redeem points and use a certificate on the order? I can't keep up with all the restrictions on what works with nothing else.

Just picked up kirby dreamland & donkey kong tropical freeze brand new sealed for $58 and some change. The $5 off $40 is still going on for in store pickips.
I wanted to do something similar but GS's stock is so out of whack... there are 20 GSes around me (30 min drive) but only 3 GSes that have multiple copies of DK and no Kirby and then there other 2 other GSes that have multiple copies of Kirby but no DK.

I wanted to do something similar but GS's stock is so out of whack... there are 20 GSes around me (30 min drive) but only 3 GSes that have multiple copies of DK and no Kirby and then there other 2 other GSes that have multiple copies of Kirby but no DK.
They didn't have the donkey kong game yesterday at the store near work but I check again around 10am this morning and they had 5 instock. Pick it up after work and I think I'm done with Black friday shopping! Let's see what kind of deals cyber Monday have or maybe similar deals going on as Black Friday!

Not sure what to make of this, but I was in a GameStop tonight buying a Meta Quest gift card with trade credit while it is still possible. I started with a variable amount one, trying to get $60, and the clerk wasn’t able to do it, he said the computer wasn’t allowing it, and they may have cut it off early. Luckily I decided to have him try a $50 card, and that worked fine. So I don’t know if all variable currency cards are already not allowing trade credit to be used, or just Meta cards, or if he was doing something wrong.

Question: does the $5 off with in store pickup work if I also redeem points and use a certificate on the order? I can't keep up with all the restrictions on what works with nothing else.
In case anyone else was wanting to try--the answer is no. If you ship to store and it's more than $40 but less than $79, you have to take the $5 credit but then cannot apply a redeemed points certificate. And if it's less than $79, you eat the certificate in shipping costs. Sweeeeeeet.

In case anyone else was wanting to try--the answer is no. If you ship to store and it's more than $40 but less than $79, you have to take the $5 credit but then cannot apply a redeemed points certificate. And if it's less than $79, you eat the certificate in shipping costs. Sweeeeeeet.
I think you are confusing things here. Ship to stote is different. Its basically placing an online order to your store of choice vs your address,with the bonus of free shipping being $25 , not $79, and must be done at the store location. 5 off $40+ is store pick up, which you order from home,and pick up at a local store that has at least 2 copies of the game/item you want. So OP question, yes online cert + $5 off, should work but only if cert doesnt total under $40.

Not sure what to make of this, but I was in a GameStop tonight buying a Meta Quest gift card with trade credit while it is still possible. I started with a variable amount one, trying to get $60, and the clerk wasn’t able to do it, he said the computer wasn’t allowing it, and they may have cut it off early. Luckily I decided to have him try a $50 card, and that worked fine. So I don’t know if all variable currency cards are already not allowing trade credit to be used, or just Meta cards, or if he was doing something wrong.
their terminals are all kinds of messed up this weekend for me. Ever single transaction I’ve done this weekend has been messed up, nothing has worked as they advertised from the trade bonus to get a GC with purchase. No sure if it’s GS or the seasonal employees but they were all patient and worked through everything so I’m grateful for that.

try to use my power up rewards monthly coupon and couldn't buy a psn gift card in store . and the price increased to 25 to renew 0___0 smh has any one had luck getting psn cards or anything in general with it . so many bad changes 

try to use my power up rewards monthly coupon and couldn't buy a psn gift card in store . and the price increased to 25 to renew 0___0 smh has any one had luck getting psn cards or anything in general with it . so many bad changes
That shouldn't be the case. The monthly coupon not working on platform currency doesn't kick in till this upcoming Friday. Again like earlier in the year, I don't expect it to last long.

I got a PSN card last night. Wanted to get a last one. December is my last month I'll probably grab something clearance.

I had to return a switch game from the buy 2 preowned games get one free and they sent me a switch game in a yellow disc sleeve. Went there and dude was like your returning the free game and I was like the pikmin 1+2 was the free game. He didn't say anything and just process the return. I would had exchanged it but they didn't have any preowned copies at all.

Well I got back from trading stuff in…
Got $390 for my ps5 and also traded in some other small games including redfall for 19.xx and grabbed the slim ps5 modern warfare bundle for $499.
The slim console really is noticeably thinner.
Sorry if it’s been asked but is there a little bonus right now? I know the +$50 console trade in is over but if it’s $390 and not $357 I may trade in my chonker ps5 today.

I think you are confusing things here. Ship to stote is different. Its basically placing an online order to your store of choice vs your address,with the bonus of free shipping being $25 , not $79, and must be done at the store location. 5 off $40+ is store pick up, which you order from home,and pick up at a local store that has at least 2 copies of the game/item you want. So OP question, yes online cert + $5 off, should work but only if cert doesnt total under $40.
Yes, sorry I misphrased that. In store pickup. So last night I tried getting the ps5 dualsense controller (over $40) and it wouldn't let me use a $15 point online only redemption. I even tried adding other items, going over $79 for shipping to home (which removed the $5 pickup credit) and it still wouldn't let me apply. So. I dunno.

bread's done
Back