The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
got the bonus on a $1.50 game today

hate dealing with gamestop and all their crap but they screwed up again in my favor, sent me two copies of mario wonder and robocop rogue city from my buy 2 get 1 order, ending up being a buy 2 get 3 free.
It's these clerical errors that incentivize me to stick with GS. I recall buying a used PS4 copy of Valkyrie Elysium for about $12 at the time it was over $20 because they slapped a Valkyrie Chronicles Remastered sticker label instead. On two other instances, Control Ultimate Edition (PS4) for $8 each instead of $18 because standard Control sticker label. I just keep quiet and let the good times roll.

If you don't know what you are talking about it's better not to speak definitively. Games that Gamestop does not have pre-owned stock of on the website will not show trade values like Wild Hearts and Valkyrie Elysium.

Believe Wild Hearts is down to $6 base. Did you ever check?
Exactly where did I say Wild Hearts and/or Valkyrie Elysium did not have any trade-value?

How about YOU check. Show us proof that supports your belief.

"If you don't know what you are talking about it's better not to speak definitively." --beenaround

Last edited:
Exactly where did I say Wild Hearts and/or Valkyrie Elysium did not have any trade-value?

"If you don't know what you are talking about it's better not to speak definitively."

Look you made two mistakes already posting points were expiring for non-pros on december 1 and now saying grayed out entries can't be accepted when Wild Hearts and Valkyrie Elysium both are. Look at the trade page for them.

I'm being polite considering you are spreading misinformation and looking stupid.

If a game is either grayed out or non-existent on the TiV page, then GS will not accept them. If, for example, Assassin's Creed III for PS3 is valued at $0.01, then yes they will accept it. In another case, Miles Morales Ultimate Edition is not accepted, but they will take Miles Morales (all discs are the same). Just make sure to show them the TiV if they're persistent about being correct, or just remove the Ultimate Edition cover art and/or case to expedite the trade.
If a game is grayed out and says "not eligible" on the trade in search, that just means the game in question does not have a used listing on their website. Using Wild Hearts as an example, it shows grayed out and says "not eligible" and if you search for it normally on the website there is only a new listing for it. Same for Valkyrie Elysium. Your example of Miles Morales Ultimate is the same situation as well. This does not actually mean they don't accept them. If a game has a trade value of $0.01 then they are actually not supposed to take those games in.

Look you made two mistakes already posting points were expiring for non-pros on december 1 and now saying grayed out entries can't be accepted when Wild Hearts and Valkyrie Elysium both are. Look at the trade page for them.

I'm being polite considering you are spreading misinformation and looking stupid.
Wow, I never knew asking questions is equivalent to "spreading misinformation and looking stupid."

Also:
Screenshot 2023-11-29 4.58.20 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-29 4.57.14 PM.png

If a game is grayed out and says "not eligible" on the trade in search, that just means the game in question does not have a used listing on their website. Using Wild Hearts as an example, it shows grayed out and says "not eligible" and if you search for it normally on the website there is only a new listing for it. Same for Valkyrie Elysium. Your example of Miles Morales Ultimate is the same situation as well. This does not actually mean they don't accept them. If a game has a trade value of $0.01 then they are actually not supposed to take those games in.
Interesting and confuzzling. Never knew, but I appreciate the information.

Last PSA for tonight. Hope everyone got their fill of Redfall this week cuz it's back to msrp on Best Buy. For those late to the party, GS is selling the standard edition brand new for $17.50. Don't wait til the last minute to trade-in!

What about Hades on ps4/5? It has used listings but is greyed out.

What is the trade value of a series X now? I see $250 but there’s an add on the page that says you get $350 for it. Thinking of getting a new system to replace my launch version for $100 with a “free” game.

What is the trade value of a series X now? I see $250 but there’s an add on the page that says you get $350 for it. Thinking of getting a new system to replace my launch version for $100 with a “free” game.

I think it’s $350 but I’d like to know as well. I have a launch Series X and the controller is pretty worn out (not drifting), so $100 oop isn’t too bad for a new system, controller, and warranty. Sadly I already bought Diablo 4 and I’m not sure I could sell the code for much. Thanks to Game Pass, my Xbox has seen the most use by far between it, PS5, and Switch.

I think it’s $350 but I’d like to know as well. I have a launch Series X and the controller is pretty worn out (not drifting), so $100 oop isn’t too bad for a new system, controller, and warranty. Sadly I already bought Diablo 4 and I’m not sure I could sell the code for much. Thanks to Game Pass, my Xbox has seen the most use by far between it, PS5, and Switch.
fyi, the diablo game is not a code. its attached to the console, so you have to log into an account to redeem the game, making it difficult to sell to someone you don't know.

fyi, the diablo game is not a code. its attached to the console, so you have to log into an account to redeem the game, making it difficult to sell to someone you don't know.
That’s some hot garbage…thanks for letting me know that. I’ll probably just wait to see what holiday sales/promos are.

It is(or was) $375, the $100 bonus and the 10% on the base trade value.

$75 to upgrade makes me consider that more then, especially because I feel like my controller is nearing the end of its life and the deals so far on Xbox controllers hasn’t been great.

$75 to upgrade makes me consider that more then, especially because I feel like my controller is nearing the end of its life and the deals so far on Xbox controllers hasn’t been great.
In the past week, I saw black and white Xbox controllers for $40 and almost every other color for $45. Still waiting for the new/leaked controllers though.

In store, wouldn't bother with online since they don't work on much.
Thanks again
Last question (sorry, you replied before I finished the edit lol): Is there a recommended combo of certs to get (presuming multiple different denominations can still work on a single item)?

Last edited:
Thanks again
Last question (sorry, you replied before I finished the edit lol): Is there a recommended combo of certs to get (presuming multiple different denominations can still work on a single item)?

50 is gone so if you have 180 just do 4 25, 4 15, and 2 10

A lot of the employees now think you can only do 3 certs in a transaction and might refuse to try more so I would stick to having one each per transaction.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but is Gamestop still allowing you to use your monthly Pro coupon for eShop/Steam/PSN currency? I've been able to do it at all my local Gamestops forever (including last month), but just wanted to make sure before I try to do it tomorrow. I want to put the $5 toward the Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pack (since you know that'll never go on sale) and if Gamestop isn't letting you get currency cards anymore, I guess I'll just wait for another eShop card sale (slept on all the ones for Black Friday since I just now decided I'd want the Mario Kart stuff, damn hindsight got me again). Or actually, if Gamestop sells the Booster DLC, could I use the monthly coupon on that? Thanks for the help!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but is Gamestop still allowing you to use your monthly Pro coupon for eShop/Steam/PSN currency? I've been able to do it at all my local Gamestops forever (including last month), but just wanted to make sure before I try to do it tomorrow. I want to put the $5 toward the Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pack (since you know that'll never go on sale) and if Gamestop isn't letting you get currency cards anymore, I guess I'll just wait for another eShop card sale (slept on all the ones for Black Friday since I just now decided I'd want the Mario Kart stuff, damn hindsight got me again). Or actually, if Gamestop sells the Booster DLC, could I use the monthly coupon on that? Thanks for the help!
You can no longer use the monthly on currency as of 12/1 so you can’t do it tomorrow. Today is the last day.

You can no longer use the monthly on currency as of 12/1 so you can’t do it tomorrow. Today is the last day.

Correct, you can't do that any longer.
Fuuuuuuuuu yes, I remember reading that, now. I think I heard it'll also require a $10 minimum purchase to use?

So I'm assuming I couldn't use it to just buy the Mario Kart DLC either, right? I Googled that and found conflicting answers.

50 is gone so if you have 180 just do 4 25, 4 15, and 2 10

A lot of the employees now think you can only do 3 certs in a transaction and might refuse to try more so I would stick to having one each per transaction.
Done. Appreciate all the help.:bouncy:
Fingers crossed there's stuff to spend these certs on by then.

I cashed out the last of my certs to buy the PS5 Slim Spiderman bundle over Black Friday. Hope everyone is able to cash out their certs before the deadline.

There is an option in settings to make CAG look the old way with the black background.

Last edited:
Just got back from Gamestop. Traded in 5 games and the promo worked. I then started looking for a game to use my expiring points on. Went with the last used copy of a complete Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. I haven't played the first one but I believe this is a prequel to BOTW so I will be fine. I played a little of the demo and liked it. The employee told me he could only use 2 of my certs so I have a little over 2,300 points that I will just redeem online and maybe use them before they expire.

Last edited:
Fuuuuuuuuu yes, I remember reading that, now. I think I heard it'll also require a $10 minimum purchase to use?

So I'm assuming I couldn't use it to just buy the Mario Kart DLC either, right? I Googled that and found conflicting answers.
Nothing digital.

The $10 minimum was while it worked on currency. Which is no longer a thing.

I don’t think there’s a minimum for physical items, you can use it to get a free pack of Pokemon cards.

Nothing digital.

The $10 minimum was while it worked on currency. Which is no longer a thing.

I don’t think there’s a minimum for physical items, you can use it to get a free pack of Pokemon cards.
giphy.gif

Thanks so much for all the info. Might just grab a Pokemon pack, then. Will definitely not be renewing my membership in August.

Is anyone else saving their points that they made over Black Friday or just cashing out now just in case Gamestop screws up and wipes out all of our points by mistake?

Anyone suggestions on what to do with $13 in rewards certs for online? I can't make it to a store by tomorrow but have my $5 monthly and 1 $5 and 1 $3 online cert to use, not sure if I can stack them all but just need something to use them on lol

I placed a black friday order at Gamestop for about $85 last week. It is coming in 5 separate shipments and 4 of those have been in large boxes. No wonder they have such a high hurdle for free shipping. This "every store is a warehouse" strategy is going to dig into the finances big time

Thats tough. Try to find something for a store pick up. If you go over $40, you might get another $5 off with current promo. Best bet would be a newer released game, you want. Only good news is anything in stock for store pick up, should be factory sealed, with inventory set to -1.

Just converted all my points into certs. Did store certs since I’m not feelin the minimum purchase requirement for free shipping

Diablo IV Series X is $349 at Walmart and in stock. Would GS price match that?
That's what I was thinking too. That'd be an amazing way to renew your warranty and get a free game. Anyone know if you can trade in an Xbox One controller? I don't have the Series X controller and don't wanna give them my 20th anniversary controller. I will try when my GameStop opens up and let y'all know.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back