The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I placed an online pickup instore order. Can gamestop instore employees see what the prices of the games you bought online for that order? I would like to return some of the games later. Would it go off the instore price like it use to or online price? They still give that give that paper with no prices. First post Thank you!

Last edited:
B2G1 for pros only right now, right? Let mine lapse. Thought about redoing it but didn't get my use out of it last year, and also watched a dude buy a Switch and be told 'oh you'll get a free pro sub with this purchase' and heard the guy give him normal Switch dollar amount. Skeezy practice to use the discount o 250+ to 'sell' the free pro. Hope the dude notices the pro ring up and takes it back to refund.

Just learned from a GSA that if you spend over $250, you get a free Pro membership on top of the $25 off promo.
I think you heard that wrong. What's going to happen is you spend $250, then they use the $25 off promo and purchase a Pro membership for you.

B2G1 for pros only right now, right? Let mine lapse. Thought about redoing it but didn't get my use out of it last year, and also watched a dude buy a Switch and be told 'oh you'll get a free pro sub with this purchase' and heard the guy give him normal Switch dollar amount. Skeezy practice to use the discount o 250+ to 'sell' the free pro. Hope the dude notices the pro ring up and takes it back to refund.

LMAO I called it!

All models of refurbished steam decks back in stock for shipping for pro members. Wonder if I can return and rebuy in store for the extra $25 off $250 order.

Does anyone have GS's holiday return policy? I thought it was on their website somewhere but can't find it.
Any product purchased between 11.19.23 and 12.24.23 may be returned with receipt by 1.13.24. Products must be in resale condition. Package for new product must be unopened. (Not available for trading cards, clearance, DLC/POSA purchases, and PRO memberships.)

Agreed. Just saw talks of PS+ subs as well. I only had PS+ and not once used any service besides the redemption of ’free’ monthly games. And then still never played those games.

As far as GS pro, it was good. Used it to get psn credit monthly. Now the program is clearly a joke.
Are you 100% sure, maybe bought a game on sale with ps+ discount. Your game saves automatic uploads to the cloud if you didn't turn it off. Maybe a played a game online.

The shipping is probably killing it. Is for sure have grabbed at least 1 if there was local pickup or free shipping

I feel like they raised prices more for this b2g1 than they did for the last one. All the Nintendo/PS first party games went way up

My games from the B2G1 free shipped, except for the free game (of course).

It's been a little bit since I ordered anything online due to their ridiculous free shipping threshold/shipping charge. Both tracking numbers I have are USPS. I thought they were not using them anymore, so much for their "premium" shipping...

Of course they'll still use them since they are probably making more off the shipping than the game sales. Except when they ship 20 games individually of course.

Of course they'll still use them since they are probably making more off the shipping than the game sales. Except when they ship 20 games individually of course.
They once shipped a copy of GI (yes, a single issue) that I added to get FS in a huge box... box was at least 14x8x12.

Almost end of the month and haven't used my $5 and dont know what im gonna use it for, if any thing.

the steam card usage went away in person and eshop, whenever things are on sale the $5 doesn't apply, and I dunno!

Kinda happy my sub expires in the spring cause $25 off $250+ in store pickup is dog poo after $5 off for pick up orders that was like $35 min or whatever that I used on a dual sense controller last month. sheesh this company gets worse and worse in no time

I guess my only hope is if they have some random reasonably priced retro gems at my local store, but im doubtful of that even given past few visits

Not that it really matters anymore, but Redfall is readily available at Best Buy for $10 again lol.
"Deal ends tomorrow" - BB

PS5 Trade in Value @ GameStop
I know there aren’t any promotions running for console trade-in but right now you can get $346.50 for trading PS5 console as a Pro Member. That’s a pretty good deal!👍🏼

Just a heads up, I tried to return a game from the B2G1 free deal recently and it rang up as $0 in store. The associate was nice enough to let me keep the $0 value game and pick out another one to process the return and B2G1 free deal again from the online order.

So this basically became a B2G2 free deal lol!

Just a heads up, I tried to return a game from the B2G1 free deal recently and it rang up as $0 in store. The associate was nice enough to let me keep the $0 value game and pick out another one to process the return and B2G1 free deal again from the online order.

So this basically became a B2G2 free deal lol!

LOL I love when I get a W from GS. The best was when I traded in a cart only Kirby Triple Deluxe NS and the employee put it in as Kirby Star Allies for the NS. Instead of $7 or something, I got $30. I pointed it out to the employee and he said.. "eh, oh well".

Of course, the Ws rarely make up for the Ls.

bread's done
Back