The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Oh, and happy new year everyone! Anyone wanna share your top deals bought from last year? It's nice to reflect upon the Ws despite the many Ls with GS.

Oh, and happy new year everyone! Anyone wanna share your top deals bought from last year? It's nice to reflect upon the Ws despite the many Ls with GS.
My best were probably trading in dark souls remastered for Xbox One for ~$70 and some penny items. Technically a 2022 deal, but shipped in 2023, DJI Air 2S Drone Fly More Combo Pack on clearance for 50% off. I ordered it October 2022 and it shipped May 2023. Honorable mentions would be Spider-Man ps5 covers and lies of p deluxe edition, but those are more due to scarcity.

Last edited:
a tie between getting 5 games from a buy 2 get 1 free and getting 3 games from an order that i cancelled that they shipped anyway. the 2 extra games from the buy 2 get 1 free were mario wonder and robocop on ps5, right when wonder was getting $50 TIV, so that is probably the winner actually.

I have a few low value games to trade. Is this a good time to sell, or should I wait?

Been awhile since I've done Gamestop trades, so not sure how the promotions compare

low value games still won’t net you much for higher trade promotions, but they come in handy in case there’s a prerequisite to triggering the higher value promotions, like Trade 5 get 50% etc, as filler items to get you to where you need to be.

This is a good time to trade accessories though, the 20% applies to them as well, doesn’t happen terribly often these days.

Apparently the new thing in the East Bay is that people are boosting Kias and ramming the metal gates of Gamestops after closing and looting controllers and headphones.

2nd one near me was hit this week. Who knew?

Anyways, double dipped and found my normal store was hit yesterday.

Any good idea on something cheap to use the monthly $5 on? Was probably going to grab back 4 blood since it’s $7.50 unless any better ideas

Any good idea on something cheap to use the monthly $5 on? Was probably going to grab back 4 blood since it’s $7.50 unless any better ideas
Tour De France 2022 for PS5 - Preowned. Price match the website or order online for store pick up. $5.99 before Pro would make it $0.99 cents and it trades back into Gamestop for $10 base. That's one of the best ways to maximize your monthly $5. If the store has more than one copy. Screenshot a copy of your $5 Monthly EBC Code. Buy it in store with price matching the website for $0.99. Trade it back in for $11 with Pro. Then order it again for store pick up utilizing your $5 Monthly EBC Code a second time for the store pick up for $0.99. Trade it back in a second time for another $11 with Pro. Net spend $0.99 plus tax while trade value is $22. Net gain would be $20+.

Apparently the new thing in the East Bay is that people are boosting Kias and ramming the metal gates of Gamestops after closing and looting controllers and headphones.

2nd one near me was hit this week. Who knew?

Anyways, double dipped and found my normal store was hit yesterday.
Yeah I've heard that they are easy to steal for certain models and are not insurable.

I think I'm done with it for awhile once mine is up in June. Why are you considering re-uping?
I've actually gotten some decent deals on in-store games of late and my store doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic, so most of the games are actually sealed when I buy them.

If I get 6 games in a year, it actually would be worth it. Plus, 5% off Steam is actually the best benefit that anyone offers for their digital currency at the moment.

I've actually gotten some decent deals on in-store games of late and my store doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic, so most of the games are actually sealed when I buy them.

If I get 6 games in a year, it actually would be worth it. Plus, 5% off Steam is actually the best benefit that anyone offers for their digital currency at the moment.
Yeah true. My stores have pretty bad selections so I don't often get stuff from them anymore. I almost have to force myself to use the $5 coupon some months. But definitely valid reasons to keep it.

Tour De France 2022 for PS5 - Preowned. Price match the website or order online for store pick up. $5.99 before Pro would make it $0.99 cents and it trades back into Gamestop for $10 base. That's one of the best ways to maximize your monthly $5. If the store has more than one copy. Screenshot a copy of your $5 Monthly EBC Code. Buy it in store with price matching the website for $0.99. Trade it back in for $11 with Pro. Then order it again for store pick up utilizing your $5 Monthly EBC Code a second time for the store pick up for $0.99. Trade it back in a second time for another $11 with Pro. Net spend $0.99 plus tax while trade value is $22. Net gain would be $20+.
i was gonna do that but my gamestops have none in stock sadly. maybe there is another flip ?

That’s the type of CAG response I was looking for! Unfortunately none of the 10 stores near me have any copies according to the website.

also the 5% off pre owned games add to it if you commonly buy pre owned. I do a lot of b2g1 for switch games so it along with the $5 monthly’s I use def pay for itself and then some

Ugh. Debating signing back up for Gamestop Pro again, even though I think I would barely use it.
Personally, I would resub only when something big like the 50% TiV promo returns or when the Pro Week selection of games refreshes (long overdue). Like another user said, I too would feel forced to find something to spend $5 a month on.

i was gonna do that but my gamestops have none in stock sadly. maybe there is another flip ?
That’s the type of CAG response I was looking for! Unfortunately none of the 10 stores near me have any copies according to the website.
Be careful not to trade-in the same copy three times within a short time frame let alone in the same transaction.

Do you know if any of those games besides CP have a free PS5 upgrade?

It's pretty easy to research using Google. Just type the name of the game with the PS4 to PS5 Upgrade. There's usually something listed on the game's PSN page detailing the Upgrade Path. Only if there is something funky with the game on PSN is when there's issues (i.e., Marvel's Avengers being delisted, Cross Code Physical not having the upgrade for PS4 to PS5 where the digital does). While not as buzz wordy as "Smart Delivery" on the Xbox side of the fence, the process works for the most part.

This month for me, I picked up a couple of cheap games (one in store & the second on the double dip which is still working as expected)

:ps4: Prey $4.99
:xb1: Monster Hunter World $7.99

Even without currency available for the $5 certificate, there are good games to grab to throw in your library forever.

It's pretty easy to research using Google. Just type the name of the game with the PS4 to PS5 Upgrade. There's usually something listed on the game's PSN page detailing the Upgrade Path. Only if there is something funky with the game on PSN is when there's issues (i.e., Marvel's Avengers being delisted, Cross Code Physical not having the upgrade for PS4 to PS5 where the digital does). While not as buzz wordy as "Smart Delivery" on the Xbox side of the fence, the process works for the most part.

This month for me, I picked up a couple of cheap games (one in store & the second on the double dip which is still working as expected)

Even without currency available for the $5 certificate, there are good games to grab to throw in your library forever.
For the double dip, is this the process...?

Screen capture your code, use the code for an in-store pickup, then go in-store and pick up another game and then have them scan the code?

Thanks in advance!

For the double dip, is this the process...?

Screen capture your code, use the code for an in-store pickup, then go in-store and pick up another game and then have them scan the code?

Thanks in advance!
Yes to the first step, but switch around the second and third--you need to use it in-store first and then it can be used a second time online.

Prey 2017 is awesome; played it on PC. Still need to finish it - but it's awesome. I love those kinds of games (immersive-sims - games like Deus Ex HR and MD, Thief series, Dishonored series, Deathloop, etc.).

TIL Best Buy no longer price matches Gamestop. Maneater Apex is on sale Gamestop for $9.99 but the only store that has 1 is 20 miles away and I am not driving 40 miles round trip for it. My local BB has it in stock but they won't PM it. It's out of stock at Target so no Maneater with DLC for me! Chat told me they stopped PM GS in September.

Last edited:
TIL Best Buy no longer price matches Gamestop. Maneater Apex is on sale Gamestop for $9.99 but the only store that has 1 is 20 miles away and I am not driving 40 miles round trip for it. My local BB has it in stock but they won't PM it. It's out of stock at Target so no Maneater with DLC for me! Chat told me they stopped PM GS in September.
they are probably getting of selling physical game disks by next year so they said “why bother ?”

Last edited:
I went to the store today for a trade-in not realizing the 5% off digital currency was an online only discount. Thought I might use my $5 off on one of the cheap games listed in the last couple pages, but nothing in stock locally.

bread's done
Back