The Admiral's 2007 NFL "It's a trap!" Pool! Danimal is the 2007 Grand Prize Winner!!!

Well the Bills made it pretty scary, but they got me through. When they fell behind 10-2, I had that same thought- maybe if all the other teams lose, too, I'll be OK. I'm not sure what the score in the Detroit game is at the moment (last I saw it was 7-0, Lions) but I think both they and the Seahawks will win their games.

49erswin.jpg

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Well, I think I would have needed a whole lot more than 22 praying Smilies to have had that photo from my last post recreated last night. Like an entire congregation maybe. :lol:

Can't believe I made it to the final 2. Good luck going forward, Spree, and may the luckiest man win.

For week 11, I'll go with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Yeah I can't believe I made it this far either. Good luck to you too. I'll have my pick in later this week, I still have to decide.

[quote name='Danimal']Well, I think I would have needed a whole lot more than 22 praying Smilies to have had that photo from my last post recreated last night. Like an entire congregation maybe. :lol:

Can't believe I made it to the final 2. Good luck going forward, Spree, and may the luckiest man win.

For week 11, I'll go with the Philadelphia Eagles.[/QUOTE]

Don't be surprised if Beck lights up the Eagles D this week.

[quote name='Josef']Don't be surprised if Beck lights up the Eagles D this week.[/QUOTE]
The way this season has gone, nothing would surprise me at this point. I hope you're wrong, though.

[quote name='Danimal']The way this season has gone, nothing would surprise me at this point. I hope you're wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

Boy was I wrong. I guess I was speaking more with hope because I am probably the last remaining Dolphins fan.

Good luck in the contest. You might as well pick against the Dolphins again since they have no shot at Pittsburgh next week.

[quote name='Josef']Boy was I wrong. I guess I was speaking more with hope because I am probably the last remaining Dolphins fan.

Good luck in the contest. You might as well pick against the Dolphins again since they have no shot at Pittsburgh next week.[/QUOTE]
Wow, it is a tough time to be a Dolphins fan. I am going to go against them again this week. I don't think they'll go 0-16 this year, but I think they can at least get to 0-11. I'm a Steelers fan myself, and I'm hoping that upset loss last week wakes them up and gets them focused for Monday night.

Pittsburgh Steelers for week 12.

[quote name='spree4567']Damn Cardinals.

C'mon Dolphins!!!!! You have to win sometime.
[/QUOTE]
How in the world did the Cardinals lose that game?! I had to watch the scroll because my local CBS affiliate had the Chargers-Ravens game, and when that one got lopsided, they switched to Denver-Chicago, even though that was still a 14 point game at the time, and San Fran was trying to hang on to a 3 point lead with something like 1:00 to go. It seemed like every time their score came around on the scroll during the OT, Arizona had the ball, and when I saw they were on the SF 9, I figured it was lights out for the Niners. Unbelievable.

Not that they're asking for it, but the Dolphins have my permission to break their winless streak....... in week 13 against the Jets. ;)

Well Danimal, looks like you're one more Dolphins win away from destiny here. Remember their last win :lol: For those who don't know, it was 21-0 over New England last season.

Spree, I think I know how you must have felt yesterday while the Cardinals-49ers game was going on. This game is killing me!

As I'm posting this, it's halftime, a scoreless tie, and with the field in the condition it is and the type of game it's turning into, it really is up for grabs at this point. This game is turning into a triple whammy for me- besides this pool I just want Pittsburgh to win because I'm a diehard Steelers fan, and in my fantasy league, I've got Big Ben as my QB and I need just a biiiiit more production from him. I can't believe I took the night off from work to watch this; this is agony. :lol:

Thanks, Spree. I appreciate it. It wasn't exactly the game I thought I'd be seeing tonight, but as ugly as it was, I'll take it.

Admiral, I PMed you with my address.

Just wanted to say thanks very much for running this contest every year. :applause: I'm psyched (and more than a little shocked) that I won, but however it would have turned out, I had a lot of fun with it all season. If you run another pool next season, I look forward to trying to defend my title.

bread's done
Back