The Admiral's 2009 NFL Footballapoolooza! Zewone is the 2009 Pool Winner!!!

The Contest is now closed. No more entrants will be allowed. I will be updating the player list after the presidents speech.

Please check your picks on the firts page to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

I've updated the pool this morning and put in chages to the BYE's that I saw.

Don't forget to check your pick in case I missed the change.

Also, please don't edit or alter your picks now that the pool is locked down.

Well I guess it's too late now, but there is still 8 hours to kick off. I'll say Seahawks over the Rams on the off chance that Ackbar decides to let me pick.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Sorry, man. At least you're still in with your BYE.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not worried about it. I'm still going to CRUSH you ALL, or maybe I'll just lose.

Anyone want to put money on what round I go out? Send all your cash to me and I'll send it to the winner.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']so who picked tennesse?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like anyone did. And two people picked Pittsburgh unless I missed something.

Tonight's game wasn't a gimme game. If it was Pittsburgh v. Cincinnati, everyone would've picked Pittsburgh. But since it was 2 good teams from last year, no one would dare pick the Titans, especially on opening night.

I'm also the only one to pick the Cowboys. Why? I don't know. I hate the Cowboys.

[quote name='KingBroly']Tonight's game wasn't a gimme game. If it was Pittsburgh v. Cincinnati, everyone would've picked Pittsburgh. But since it was 2 good teams from last year, no one would dare pick the Titans, especially on opening night.

I'm also the only one to pick the Cowboys. Why? I don't know. I hate the Cowboys.[/QUOTE]

As a general rule I only pick home teams the first two weeks.

You're right King Broly. Tennessee kicked their butts last year. I picked Pitt which is cool. I wouldn't bet on them again until Troy Polamalu returns (3-6 weeks).

The Madden Curse Strikes Again!!

[quote name='smellhasreturned']I switched my pick to N'Oleans Admiral. Thought it would be better to get them out of the way.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you can't change after the pool has been closed, but that's up to admiral to decide.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']I'm pretty sure you can't change after the pool has been closed, but that's up to admiral to decide.[/QUOTE]

I changed it on the 8th

I was starting to think I was getting knocked out in Week 1 for a while there. The Ravens barely squeak out a home game against the Chiefs? Glad I survived picking those over-rated punks. :lol:

[quote name='Danimal']I was starting to think I was getting knocked out in Week 1 for a while there. The Ravens barely squeak out a home game against the Chiefs? Glad I survived picking those over-rated punks. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was closer than I thought it would be. A lot of us survived on that pick!

[quote name='smellhasreturned']I changed it on the 8th[/QUOTE]

I'll fix it tomorrow.

Please dfon't post picks for next week until I open the pool back up noon Tuesday.

Seems like a good amount of people picked Arizona. Not the massive amount of people that picked Minnesota and Baltimore, though.

I think I may pick whoever is playing the Lions, until I see a matchup I don't like. Or they play someone within their division the 2nd time around.

[quote name='Danimal']I was starting to think I was getting knocked out in Week 1 for a while there. The Ravens barely squeak out a home game against the Chiefs? Glad I survived picking those over-rated punks. :lol:[/QUOTE]

haha u and me both man :D..I just feel sorry for anyone who picked cinci over denver.

[quote name='Hestar']haha u and me both man :D..I just feel sorry for anyone who picked cinci over denver.[/QUOTE]
Now that was an ending

[quote name='craven_fiend']I think I may pick whoever is playing the Lions, until I see a matchup I don't like. Or they play someone within their division the 2nd time around.[/QUOTE]

Minnesota plays at Detroit next week. So yeah, you should feel confident in that.

Looking into Week 2, there are only 3 or 4 matchups I may pick from. I may just end up taking a bye.

bread's done
Back