The Admiral's 2009 NFL Footballapoolooza! Zewone is the 2009 Pool Winner!!!

Week 1: New Orleans
Week 2: Washington
Week 3: Baltimore
Week 4: San Francisco
Week 5: Canceled
Week 6: Jacksonville
Week 7: San Diego
Week 8: Houston
Week 9: Seattle
Week 10: Minnesota
Week 11: Dallas
Week 12: Philly
Week 13: Pittsburgh

Yeah, it doesn't get much worse than getting knocked out by having your favorite team lose a game that should have been a cakewalk for them. I don't know if I'm more bummed about being out of the pool, or having to face the fact that my Steelers are just a mediocre team this year.

Thanks very much for running this again this year, Admiral. It's been a blast. :applause:
Good luck, guys.

Suchhh a great idea to use my Bye this week!

DOWN TO THE FINAL TEN

We gotta finish this pool up so I can give the DSi to my little cousin lol

Week 1: San Diego Chargers
Week 2: Atlanta Falcons
Week 3: Green Bay Packers
Week 4: Cincinati Bengals
Week 5: N/A
Week 6: Pittsburgh Steelers
Week 7: New England Patriots

Week 8: Chicago Bears
Week 9: New Orleans Saints
Week 10: Minnesota Vikings

Week 11: Arizona Cardinals
Week 12: Dallas Cowboys
Week 13: BYE
Week 14: Baltimore Ravens (Subject to Change)

Week 1: New England
Week 2: Minnesota
Week 5: canceled
Week 6: Pittsburgh
Week 7: Green Bay
Week 8: Chicago
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: New Orleans
Week 12: Cincinnati
Week 13: San Diego

Week 14: Tennessee

Week 1 Ravens
Week 2 Colts
Week 3 Cowboys
Week 4 bye
Week 5 cancelled
Week 6 Packers
Week 7 Patriots
Week 8 Bears
Week 9 Saints
Week 10 Vikings
Week 11 Cardinals
Week 12 Falcons
Week 13 Bengals
Week 14 Titans

PleaseandthanksAdmiralMMMKAY!

Week 2: Minnesota Vikings
Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles
Week 4: New York Giants
Week 7: Indianapolis Colts
Week 9: Atlanta Falcons
Week 10: New Orleans Saints
Week 11: Dallas Cowboys
Week 12: Bye
Week 13: Cincinnati Bengals
Week 14: New England Patriots

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Week 14: Baltimore Ravens

Barring another huge upset, this contest looks like it's going into the playoffs :)[/QUOTE]

If there is a tie and we split the DS I call dibs on the left half of the screen and the select button!

Week 13 Results

zewone-San Diego Chargers
Bobster823-Cincinnati Bengals
jrsmaster411-Cincinnati Bengals
DaftPunkFan37-BYE
thenockmlb-Cincinnati Bengals
gjthejet5-Cincinnati Bengals
$hady-Cincinnati Bengals
Wazzup36-Cincinati Bengals
Space Cowboy YGI-Cincinnati Bengals
CarolinaGamer07-Cincinnati Bengals

*** Out ***
bigdsinferno-Pittsburgh Steelers
Danimal-Pittsburgh Steelers
E_G_Man-Pittsburgh Steelers

[quote name='Josef']Good thing no one picked Pittsburgh last night. Wow.[/QUOTE]
I know. I watched the game. It was an all around mess (Offense and Defense) of a game.

I think Ben's injury might be far worse than he's letting on (hence why they kept him out the week before). Way too many quick releases when defenders were getting close. He's a tough kid, but I've seen it before (2-3 more years tops). Might be time to head to the booth before he regrets it (did you see Bernie Kosar in that documentary "The U" the other night? Talk about too many hits to the head).

I think even Pittsburgh's GM and Owner knows this. I'm pretty sure they're already trying see who they can bundle/trade to move up in the draft and grab McCoy or Gerhart. They would be stupid not to draft a QB in the 1st round in 2010.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I know. I watched the game. It was an all around mess (Offense and Defense) of a game.

I think Ben's injury might be far worse than he's letting on (hence why they kept him out the week before). Way too many quick releases when defenders were getting close. He's a tough kid, but I've seen it before (2-3 more years tops). Might be time to head to the booth before he regrets it (did you see Bernie Kosar in that documentary "The U" the other night? Talk about too many hits to the head).

I think even Pittsburgh's GM and Owner knows this. I'm pretty sure they're already trying see who they can bundle/trade to move up in the draft and grab McCoy or Gerhart. They would be stupid not to draft a QB in the 1st round in 2010.[/QUOTE]

Roethlisberger has always made bad plays like that, he's very streaky. Some games he'll be the best QB in the league, other games he's makes stupid plays that most backups even wouldn't. I think he's fine. If anything, I'm surprised he isn't baby this more, he's always been a drama queen.

As far as them drafting a QB, no. They need to an OL or a CB. That's way more important to them than a QB.

Also, you know Gerhart isn't a QB right?:D

Anyway, for today, go Titans!

Score Update:

-Patriots and Panthers tied at 7, Brady is being outdueled by Matt Moore, who in his second start has 156 yards and 1 TD to Brady's 89 yards and 1 Interception.

-Baltimore Ravens are obliterating the Detriot Lions 27-3. Ray Rice has rushed for 166 yards, 4 receptions for 53 yards, and a rushing TD.

-Titans and Rams has not started, but Rams starting RB Stephen Jackson is active despite a herniated disc

[quote name='Wazzup36']Roethlisberger has always made bad plays like that, he's very streaky. Some games he'll be the best QB in the league, other games he's makes stupid plays that most backups even wouldn't. I think he's fine. If anything, I'm surprised he isn't baby this more, he's always been a drama queen.

As far as them drafting a QB, no. They need to an OL or a CB. That's way more important to them than a QB.

Also, you know Gerhart isn't a QB right?:D

Anyway, for today, go Titans![/QUOTE]

I agree that they need to address the OL issue. Ben wouldn't get hit so much if he had some blocking. They are also wasting Mendenhall's potential with this pitiful OL they have now.

[quote name='Wazzup36']Also, you know Gerhart isn't a QB right?:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. I meant Tebow. I had Gerhart on the brain since being let down that he didn't win the Heisman (lost a quick $20 because voters wanted to make a pick based on one game without the opponent's #1 defensive player). But then again, that's just my opinion.:)

Week 15: Denver Broncos

Week 5: n/a

Week 13: BYE
Week 14: Baltimore Ravens
Week 15: Houston Texans

Week 2: Minnesota Vikings
Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles
Week 4: New York Giants
Week 7: Indianapolis Colts
Week 9: Atlanta Falcons
Week 10: New Orleans Saints
Week 11: Dallas Cowboys
Week 12: Bye
Week 13: Cincinnati Bengals
Week 14: New England Patriots
Week 15: Denver Broncos

Week 1: New England
Week 2: Minnesota
Week 5: canceled
Week 6: Pittsburgh
Week 7: Green Bay
Week 8: Chicago
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: New Orleans
Week 12: Cincinnati
Week 13: San Diego
Week 14: Tennessee

Week 15: Indianapolis

Week 1 Ravens
Week 2 Colts
Week 3 Cowboys
Week 4 bye
Week 5 cancelled
Week 6 Packers
Week 7 Patriots
Week 8 Bears
Week 9 Saints
Week 10 Vikings
Week 11 Cardinals
Week 12 Falcons
Week 13 Bengals
Week 14 Titans
Week 15 Texans

PleaseandthanksAdmiralMMMKAY!

Week 14 results.

Winners
zewone-tennessee Titans
Bobster823-Tennessee Titans
jrsmaster411-New England Patriots
DaftPunkFan37-Baltimore Ravens
thenockmlb-New England Patriots
gjthejet5-New England Patriots
$hady-Tennessee Titans
Wazzup36-Tennessee Titans
Space Cowboy YGI-Baltimore Ravens
CarolinaGamer07-Tennessee Titans

Just a reminder.

For those that survive to the playoffs, this is how it'll work.

No Byes will be allowed during playoff weeks. So if you have one use it before the end of the season.

When you pick a team, you must also pick a score. Your team must win the game. If multiple people pick the same team, then the points scored in the game will determine the winner. The player who gets closest to the point total will be the sole survivor of that game.

I'm probably going to do away with price is right rules because that'll encourage people to post scores of 3 to 6 and 2 to 4 hoping for a low scoring game and that everyone else goes over. Sorta like people bidding one dollar. or bidding $237 when the prvious guy had bid $236.

^ if your pm box does not get maxed/ dont mind extra PMs during playoffs, u should have contestants PM you their picks + scores during playoffs and still post their picks in the thread. Or find a way where players cannot benefit by seeing the other score picks and making a pick based off that.

I love this contest, still follow it even when I am out. ^_^

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Just a reminder.

No Byes will be allowed during playoff weeks. So if you have one use it before the end of the season.

When you pick a team, you must also pick a score. Your team must win the game. If multiple people pick the same team, then the points scored in the game will determine the winner. The player who gets closest to the point total will be the sole survivor of that game.

I'm probably going to do away with price is right rules because that'll encourage people to post scores of 3 to 6 and 2 to 4 hoping for a low scoring game and that everyone else goes over. Sorta like people bidding one dollar. or bidding $237 when the prvious guy had bid $236.[/QUOTE]

I like the PM'ing you our picks/scores idea. Also, everything starts over in terms of eligible teams to pick once we get to the playoffs correct?

[quote name='gjthejet5']I like the PM'ing you our picks/scores idea. Also, everything starts over in terms of eligible teams to pick once we get to the playoffs correct?[/QUOTE]

Last year you just had to pick a team. For example, you could have picked the Steelers for every week of the playoffs last year and as long as they kept winning you were in.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Just a reminder.

I'm probably going to do away with price is right rules because that'll encourage people to post scores of 3 to 6 and 2 to 4 hoping for a low scoring game and that everyone else goes over. Sorta like people bidding one dollar. or bidding $237 when the prvious guy had bid $236.[/QUOTE]
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40mhBE5MpbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Rofl, Oakland won despite having Charlie Frye go down with injury (Best known for being replaced as starter in Cleavland in 2007 by Derek Anderson) and top reccieving target Zach Miller Out.

Six Left for Week 16!

fuck it, i'm gonna put my picks up for the next 2 weeks in case i forget to do it over the holidays

Week 5: n/a