The Aldo Montoya Wrestling Thread

[quote name='gareman']I think Bret needs to think through the idea of his last match being a match against Vince that will probably be a pre-taped street fight.

I also find it funny that Bret has said that he is really tired of his career being focused on the screwjob, yet here he is coming back to WWE and working a program with Vince centered around the screwjob culminating in one match centered around the screwjob.[/QUOTE]

I hope Bret's last match is in front of the event's live audience. Bret deserves to hear the fans erupt when he slaps on the Sharpshooter on Vince. :)

Speaking of street fights at WrestleMania, I'm a fan of the Hot Rod-Goldust street fight at WrestleMania 12. Then again, I haven't seen it recently, and don't know if it holds up.

[quote name='Chase']I hope Bret's last match is in front of the event's live audience. Bret deserves to hear the fans erupt when he slaps on the Sharpshooter on Vince. :)

Speaking of street fights at WrestleMania, I'm a fan of the Hot Rod-Goldust street fight at WrestleMania 12. Then again, I haven't seen it recently, and don't know if it holds up.[/QUOTE]

Yea I enjoyed that Match quite a bit when I was younger....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym5CFMaUNEA

I heard that Bret can't wrestle due to his insurance policy and the only way to get around it would be to have a pre-taped heavily edited street fight, and Vince is Vince and obviously needs to have it be a street fight.

I could see Vince giving Bret a match in the "street fight" parameters. Vince would say that Bret's not a contracted WWE wrestler and he won't take responsibility for what happens to someone in Bret's "fragile" state. Bret says after all that Vince has put him and his family through, he owes him this one fair shot at redemption. We get a parking lot brawl or something that can remain relatively low-impact and gimmicked - throw a couple of decent bumps in there and let Bret get the upper hand when Vince taps to the Sharpshooter.

I'm almost under the impression that we'll get Cena/Bret against Batista/Vince, but I don't think the match works because Bret doesn't match up against Batista well (and I doubt he'll be taking any of Dave's stiff offense), and though Cena/Vince intrigues me, it leaves Bret as the odd man out and it's really not a fair way to say goodbye to his career.

[quote name='JJSP']I could see Vince giving Bret a match in the "street fight" parameters. Vince would say that Bret's not a contracted WWE wrestler and he won't take responsibility for what happens to someone in Bret's "fragile" state. Bret says after all that Vince has put him and his family through, he owes him this one fair shot at redemption. We get a parking lot brawl or something that can remain relatively low-impact and gimmicked - throw a couple of decent bumps in there and let Bret get the upper hand when Vince taps to the Sharpshooter.

I'm almost under the impression that we'll get Cena/Bret against Batista/Vince, but I don't think the match works because Bret doesn't match up against Batista well (and I doubt he'll be taking any of Dave's stiff offense), and though Cena/Vince intrigues me, it leaves Bret as the odd man out and it's really not a fair way to say goodbye to his career.[/QUOTE]

Or Cena is guest ref and screws Vince somehow....but that would certainly make Bret look weak OR someone else as guest ref (or Cena with a insta-heel turn) and Bret gets screwed again and "taps" to the sharpshooter. Seems illogical but both scenarios seems completely plausible knowing Mcmahon's ego driven mind.

I wonldn't be surprised if instead of a Bret vs Vince street fight, or a Bret/Cena vs Batista/Vince tag match, they do a Cena with Bret in his corner vs Batista with Vince in his corner. Sorta like the Trump/Vince feud from a few years ago, except with something better than hair on the line. Seriously, Bret can't even stand straight, there is no way he is gettin in any kind of match.

[quote name='gareman']Yea I enjoyed that Match quite a bit when I was younger...

[snip]

I heard that Bret can't wrestle due to his insurance policy and the only way to get around it would be to have a pre-taped heavily edited street fight, and Vince is Vince and obviously needs to have it be a street fight.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I gave the match a look with older eyes--and it holds up. Dustin Runnels is great enhancement talent. He knows his ring psychology and sells brilliantly.

[quote name='cdubb1605']anybody wanna make bets on if "thatswhatshesaid" is zen davis... again?[/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't think it's him. I think it is someone that was previously banned. My bets are on that one kid, monkey something. I can't remember his exact name.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Nah, I don't think it's him. I think it is someone that was previously banned. My bets are on that one kid, monkey something. I can't remember his exact name.[/QUOTE]

Off topic, I have to say I love your avatar. U.P.O. is a very underrated talent. "Godless" is one of my favorite tunes of all time.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Nah, I don't think it's him. I think it is someone that was previously banned. My bets are on that one kid, monkey something. I can't remember his exact name.[/QUOTE]

hmmmmmmm.... i think i recall who youre speaking of

[quote name='HydroX']Off topic, I have to say I love your avatar. U.P.O. is a very underrated talent. "Godless" is one of my favorite tunes of all time.[/QUOTE]

High-five. Maybe we'll get a third album someday.

[quote name='Chase']Oh. I think that kid's name was 'monkey deew', or something similar.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was it.

bread's done
Back