The Aldo Montoya Wrestling Thread

The best part about that Moppy video occurs at exactly 1:10, when Raven wants to keep feeding Moppy to the chipper, but it's taking its sweet time.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Oh great. More NASCAR assholes. Way to subvert that "Rasslin' is for trailer trash" mentality most people have.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I like Carl Edwards. He seems like a pretty cool guy, and he married a doctor. Smart dude, obviously.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Oh great. More NASCAR assholes. Way to subvert that "Rasslin' is for trailer trash" mentality most people have.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, outside of Bob Barker, I can't think of any guest hosts that weren't clearly WWE sloughing through the pop culture trough for the dregs.

Glad to see CM Punk and Gallows will become tag team champions tonight - another 3-way "protect Triple H at all costs" title loss. :lol:

Did I miss anything worthwhile in the first 40 minutes?

EDIT: Woah, has Punk been using the "I'm better than you" line on SD lately?

"Luke, Serena, go get me Jared from Subway,.." is not a line I would have predicted to come out of CM Punk's mouth on this broadcast.

[quote name='DAWG26']Luke...Serena...Go get me Jared from Subway!

:applause::applause::applause::lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]
I laughed harder at that than anything on WWE in a very, very long time.

Played poker with Jared at some smallish bar north of Indianapolis a couple years ago. Decent enough guy, albeit a shitty poker player. Granted I didn't last much longer than he did. Drinking and poker albeit great combination, not great if you want to keep your money. You seem him around Indianapolis every so often, goofy lookin dude. I was really hoping they would shave his head. I wanted to see that happen.

Question of the week:

Serena Deeb - hotter bald or not?

Google her if you are just finally seeing her like me (I don't follow Indies). She's ugly....until she got that hair shaved off. Now she's easy on the eyes

untitled.jpg

Carlito's shit-eating grin in the background while Michaels yelled at Teddy Long was hilarious.

Also, Lawler called Dibiase "Cody Rhodes" during the Elimination Chamber promo. Bang-up job as usual, King.

Million Dollar Man? That is AWESOME! I hope he doesn't get stuck with just a 2-3 minute speech. Just great on the mic.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Here's Danielson vs. Kaval (Low-Ki/Senshi) from FCW -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ipszy[/QUOTE]

Any Low-Ki is good Low-Ki. Thanks. I haven't seen him work in a while.

[quote name='diddy310']He at least seems fairly excited to be there.[/QUOTE]

Almost as excited as Santino receiving a Subway gift card. ;)

[quote name='purple flames']way to subvert that "rasslin' is for trailer trash" mentality most people have.[/quote]

jerry! Jerry!! Jerry!!!

So within the next month we're getting the following as guest hosts on RAW:

-Jerry Springer
-Cheech & Chong

.... yeah that's so great for a TV-PG based WWE product now isn't it?

[quote name='mykevermin']That Santino shirt is fucking AMAZING.[/QUOTE]

I can hardly wait to buy it. Support Santino and gain a nifty shirt? Sounds good to me!

So I live 100 miles from Baton Rouge, and I decide to go ahead and get a ticket to the Smackdown/ECW event....

I get a ticket in 101 H 1. That's here:
23665s_a.gif

....I buy my ticket and decide to just see if they had anything better than that since you know, I did the "best available" option

D-5!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH...I HATE TICKETMASTER!!!!

40 dollars to go see WWE Smackdown & ECW PLUS have floor seats regardless is still nice though. I'll just sneak up further like most people do if I gotta take better pics

Hearing King botch Rhodes and DiBiase moments after Miz and Show fumbled over "united" and "unified" made me laugh.

There wasn't a lot to this show, but it was better for it. The opening with Christian vs. Sheamus was a pleasant surprise that not only provided a good match that made Sheamus look awesome, but also explained what will happen to the ECW roster once the show dies - they can go anywhere. The triple threat tag match was okay - not great, but a perfectly fine match that FINALLY got the belts off of DX, who didn't care about them, and onto a team that can actually use them in Miz-Show/Show-Miz. The Miz pinned Shawn Michaels clean to win a title. If someone said that would happen five years ago when Miz first hit WWE TV, I'd have said they were crazy, but Miz has improved a ton and him beating Shawn worked here. I loved Show-Miz's post-match promo and HBK's freakout on Teddy. I don't know how they'll get to HBK-Taker - the Mania Rematch, but I'm loving the journey they've taken to get there so far.

I'm glad that Ted Sr's going into the Hall of Fame, and tonight's Legacy stuff was solid. I liked the wrinkle they added by having Sheamus play a key role in Rhodes beating Orton, just like how Cody played a part in Sheamus retaining against Orton at the Rumble. They made a loaded show for next week's Raw, which is kinda more stacked than the EC PPV that currently has THREE MATCHES booked for it. The Vince-Cena stuff at the end was AWESOME. Cena massacring Ted worked for me since it played off of Cena losing his mind after Batista's beating, and setup both Batista-Cena and Vince-Bret for 'Mania. I loved Bret coming out, Vince denying him his 'Mania match, saying that he deserves to be screwed, and then Bret doing what he did in '97 and destroying the area around him - including destroying the announcers' monitors. This show flew by quickly and really built up 'Mania well.

GET ME JARED FROM SUBWAY soundbyte -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rmyw3t

Screens -
BEHOLD! COUNT DIBIASE!

HOW DARE YOU LOSE THE TITLES I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT!

Quotes -
Sheamus - You talk about your Super Bowl? My Super Bowl is in 7 weeks and it’s WrestleMania. Fella, I plan on walking into it WWE Champion , and that means I have to win the Elimination Chamber. As the champion, I demand that you make the last entrant. You’re the guest host of Raw - MY SHOW. YOU DON’T DO IT, AND YOU WON’T MAKE IT TO DAYTONA! (Christian comes out)
Christian - Carl Edwards, it’s nice to meet ya - I’m the ECW Champion, Christian, and I’m a huge fan. NASCAR, man, it’s getting huge up in Canada. It makes me almost happy we got denied that WNBA franchise.
Sheamus - HOW DARE YA INTERRUPT ME!?
Christian - Last week, Edge came out here and said that he was gonna face either you or the Undertaker at ‘Mania, without one mention of myself or the ECW Championship. I was offended, but later, it made sense, when Mr. McMahon said that ECW would be going off the air in 2 weeks.
Sheamus - That makes you a lame duck champion.
Christian - Actually Snaggletooth, you’re the one that’s lame. It’s obvious to me that you take some pride in how ya look - you spend a ton on hair gel and beard trimmers, but did you run out of money by the time you got to the tanning salon?
Sheamus - Come here to make jokes didja? Only thing funny is that you’ll be unemployed in 2 weeks.
Christian - No, in 2 weeks, everyone on ECW will be a free agent - they can show up on any show they want. I think my Peeps on Raw are starting to miss me, so I figured I’d show up tonight and challenge you to a match! Carl, we can make history - ECW Champion vs. WWE Champion. We’re both here, we’re both champions, and we were born without last names! Carl, make it happen!
Carl - LET’S DO THIS!
Cole - SHEAMUS FALLAWAY SLAM!
Punk - I don’t think it’s any big secret that this region, when falling on hard times, turns to drugs and alcohol! Which makes it all the more sad when you have something to celebrate like Mardi Gras or your little football game that you won. You also turn to drugs and alcohol - BECAUSE YOU ARE WEAK! BECAUSE YOU ARE LESS THAN! BECAUSE YOU DON’T KNOW ANY OTHER WAY! While everyone else calls this area unsaveable, Luke and myself will win the unified tag team titles and show you why straight edge means I’m better than you. Now, those at home, place your hand on the TV screen. Luckily tonight, we have a “celebrity” in the house - Jared from Subway! Jared, you remind yourself of me. You preach to people and they follow in your footsteps. But I’ll be honest - we’re looking for a good minister of propaganda, and while you’re great for Subway, you’d be better on this side of the fence! Whadya say? You don’t wanna accept CM Punk as your savior? I had a feeling you’d say no, Jared, THAT’S WHY I’M PREPARED TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF YOU! Luke, Serena - GET ME JARED FROM SUBWAY! (DX theme hits)
Lawler - HOPEFULLY THAT’LL STOP HIS…what would you call that? Attempted induction?
Cole - Miz would like to add tag gold to his U.S. g(Show’s theme hits)old.
Cole - Last week, Big Show was fined an UNDISCLOSED AMOUNT OF MONEY for striking a WWE Referee!
Cole - WHO WILL BE THE NEW UNIFIED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!? This triple threat elimination match gets going next!
Cole - Gallows weighs 291 pounds! HE GOES NEARLY 300 POUNDS!
Cole - EVERYONE IS STILL ALIVE IN THIS ELIMINATION TAG TEAM MATCHUP!
Cole - Punk tries to keep HBK away from his partner HHH!
Show - WE DID SOMETHING TONIGHT THAT JERICHO AND I COULDN’T DO - WE BEAT DX! MIZ TREATS ME LIKE AN EQUAL - HE TREATS ME LIKE A FRIEND!
Miz - WE’RE GETTING ALL THE GOLD! I’M THE UNITED STATES CHAMPION! AND WE’RE THE UNIFIED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! WE’RE MIZ-SHOW AND WE’RE AWESOME!
Show - Miz-Show? How about Show-Miz? Like Showbiz?
Miz - SHOW-MIZ!
HBK - Teddy, I NEED YOU TO TRADE ME TO SMACKDOWN!
Teddy - What about DX?
HBK - I DON’T’ CARE ABOUT DX! TRADE ME TO SMACKDOWN, TAKE A GUY OUT OF THE CHAMBER, PUT ME IN, AND THEN I GET TAKER AT WRESTLEMANIA AND I CAN END HIS STREAK!
Teddy - Shawn, listen, I’d love to have ya - but the SmackDown chamber is set! The people that are in the chamber have earned their spot. Take a deep breath, Shawn…
HBK - YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND! DO IT OR…
HHH - HAS THIS OBSESSION GONE SO FAR THAT YOU’RE WILLING TO THROW DX AND YOUR CAREER AWAY!?
HBK - My career is over!
Cole - Welcome here, Maryse.
Maryse - You’re welcome, Vintage Nerd!
King - She called you Vintage Nerd!
Cole - That’s her pet name for me!
Cole - Speaking of Ted DiBiase, his son, Ted DiBiase will be in action next!
Santino - I JUST CAME FROM SUBWAY! YOU CAN GET ANY 12 INCH SUB FOR $5! THAT’S ONLY ABE WASHINGTON!
(after Cena makes Ted tap on the floor)King - RHODES TAPS!
Cena - DAVE BATISTA, I DON’T EVEN WANNA KNOW WHY YA DID WHAT YA DID, I JUST WANNA FIGHT YA! APPARENTLY LAST WEEK, YOU WERE SENT HERE TO TAKE ME OUT! DIDN’T WORK - I’M STILL HERE! BATISTA, WHY DON’T YOU COME OUT AND FINISH THE JOB! I AIN’T GOING NOWHERE TILL YOU DO - COME ON!
Cena - VINCE, YOU THINK 10 SECURITY GUARDS CAN STOP ME!? YOU BETTER SEND IN A TANK!
Vince - WHEN GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH, IT WASN’T ADAM HE HAD IN MIND - IT WAS ME! Last week, I brought out Dave Batista - yes, I admit to that. And the reason for it is I screwed Bret again! Did you see the look on Bret’s face when I spit right in this face!? That really felt good! But I had nothing to do with Batista attacking you! Nothing to do with that!
Cena - So the man you pay off to take out Bret Hart just conveniently attacks me? Why?
Vince - Maybe because you eliminated him in the Rumble? Maybe he just DOESN’T LIKE YOU!? There are a lot of people who don’t like you! I DON’T LIKE YOU! I DON’T LIKE YOUR GI JOE JAW, YOUR GARISH ORANGE SHIRTS! I DON’T LIKE YOU PERSONALLY, BUT BUSINESS-WISE…
Cena - IT’S ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY, AIN’T IT!? YOU KNOW WHY THEY CHANT FOR ME AND NOT YOU, BECAUSE YOU’RE ALL ABOUT THE DAMN DOLLA! YOU’RE ALL ABOUT MAKING MONEY! YOU TOOK A GOOD GUY IN DAVE BATISTA AND NOW ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS CASHING CHECKS! I DO THIS BECAUSE I LOVE IT! I DO THIS FOR THE MOMENT! FOR MOMENTS LIKE THIS WHERE I GET TO STAND IN LOUISIANA THE DAY AFTER THE SAINTS WIN THE SUPER BOWL AND FEEL THE ENERGY IN THE CROWD! Daddy Warbucks, you can’t put a price tag on that! I TALKED TO BRET LAST WEEK - HE WANTS ANOTHER MOMENT. I heard him say something I never thought he’d say again - he said he’d like to wrestle another match! Bret the Hitman Hart would like to wrestle another match at WrestleMania. And he wants his opponent to be Vince Mahon! YOU GONNA DO IT!?
Vince - YES! YES! I’LL TELL YOU TO YOUR FACE! YES!
Vince - Bret, I know you’re up in Calgary, in some Igloo up there, and I’d like to remind you why you don’t want any part of this! You don’t wanna be embarrassed like you were, maybe like LAST WEEK!?
Vince - ATTACK ME FROM BEHIND!? BRET, YOU WANT ME AT MANIA!? NO! I CHANGED MY MIND! YOU DESERVE TO BE SCREWED!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Bret needs to think through the idea of his last match being a match against Vince that will probably be a pre-taped street fight.

I also find it funny that Bret has said that he is really tired of his career being focused on the screwjob, yet here he is coming back to WWE and working a program with Vince centered around the screwjob culminating in one match centered around the screwjob.

Did Zen ever profess a fondness for The Office?

Still, if it is Zen, "Keep on fightin' that good fight brother! Never let the man (or Cheapy) keep you down!"

bread's done
Back