The Aldo Montoya Wrestling Thread

Have to remember to PM the streams instead of posting. Shrike lurks after PPV to see if it has been done that's why Purple got a temp ban.

[quote name='cdeener']I was reading about the day I was born on which is February 19 and found out I share that day with these wrestling figures (in order of age):

Big John Studd (R.I.P.)
Francine (of the old school ECW)
Danny Doring (who is a year younger than Francine)

I wonder which other wrestlers share birthdays with us?[/QUOTE]

I have the same birthday as...

Matt Striker
Mark Jindrak

I saw a list years ago that said I have the same birthday as the Sandman but wikipedia says neaux.

I wonder if they will just completely strip away the ECW roster and spread it over the two shows. They could use a little more depth on Raw and adding guys like Regal,Jackson,Christian,Ryder, and Yoshi Tatsu could make things more interesting than seeing some combo of Miz,Henry,MVP, and Swagger (with the occasional jobber appearance of Evan Bourne) every week.

On the Joey Mercury front, the rumor i've heard is that he will be joining CM Punk's stable, makes sense given that he has supposedly gotten himself completely cleaned up since his release.

[quote name='diddy310']
On the Joey Mercury front, the rumor i've heard is that he will be joining CM Punk's stable, makes sense given that he has supposedly gotten himself completely cleaned up since his release.[/QUOTE]

That could be awesome. As a general rule I prefer Raven to run the cults but Punk is a worthy alternative.

Punk is def ripping off Ravens idea of forming a stable of mistfits and outcasts, but it's ok.. anyone else think Punk is trying to look like Jesus with the long black hair and thick black beard

I still kinda wish WWE had gone with a Second City Saints reunion had they not canned Cabana and Steel, but this new stable has a lot of promise. Lord knows we haven't had a decent one since Evolution folded.

[quote name='pimpster4183']Punk is def ripping off Ravens idea of forming a stable of mistfits and outcasts, but it's ok.. anyone else think Punk is trying to look like Jesus with the long black hair and thick black beard[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Gaius Baltar..

[quote name='Purple Flames']I still kinda wish WWE had gone with a Second City Saints reunion had they not canned Cabana and Steel, but this new stable has a lot of promise. Lord knows we haven't had a decent one since Evolution folded.[/QUOTE]

I never thought WWE would go with Steel as a wrestler, but figured they hired him to train dudes. Guess I was right on the former count and wrong on the latter. Now they get trained by "Skinner" and the less-skeezy dude from the Heavenly Bodies.

[quote name='Halo05']I have the same birthday as...

Matt Striker
Mark Jindrak

I saw a list years ago that said I have the same birthday as the Sandman but wikipedia says neaux.[/QUOTE]

haha.. yeah, I share my day with the one and only HBK.

That dude needs to come back to pro wrestling. Great, great look, very charismatic. Kinda bland in the ring, but he had a great-looking finisher.

Think of how many main-event-card dudes over the years fit that description?

I agree, but being 40 years old and not home grown talent probably hurts his chances of getting too high on the card in WWE. They never really gave him a chance in ECW, especially since they already had a great mouthpiece for the New Breed group with Elijah Burke.

I do hope he shows up again in either company at somepoint.

Agreed. I always enjoyed "The Alpha Male". He was one of the reasons why I watched TNA back in the day. His theme was pretty tight too, for a stock version of "Down With The Sickness".

[quote name='diddy310']I agree, but being 40 years old and not home grown talent probably hurts his chances of getting too high on the card in WWE. They never really gave him a chance in ECW, especially since they already had a great mouthpiece for the New Breed group with Elijah Burke.

I do hope he shows up again in either company at somepoint.[/QUOTE]

I hear that. It's a shame Brown never did much in WWE as I think given a chance he could have been at least a midcard staple for them. Speaking of Burke, WWE will get him back one day after his TNA run and hopefully won't punish him as I think he could be something special. He's so over with the TNA crowds it's not funny.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I hear that. It's a shame Brown never did much in WWE as I think given a chance he could have been at least a midcard staple for them. Speaking of Burke, WWE will get him back one day after his TNA run and hopefully won't punish him as I think he could be something special. He's so over with the TNA crowds it's not funny.[/QUOTE]

I've been a fan of Elijah Burke since he debuted -- always figured him to be a Shelton Benjamin-type. Excellent ability, crazily mis-used in the 'storylines' though. Same thing went for D'Lo Brown. Tiger Ali Singh? Ughhh...

Anyhow, I looked forward to seeing Burke on Smackdown, but in a way I'm glad he's in TNA and as over as he is. Not sure if I'm fond of his gimmick, but he does good things with it, and regardless of that fact, I always love watching him in the ring.

I never really warmed up to Burke when he was just himself. He had the ability, but being himself just wasn't doing it for me. I think the Black Pope gave him that extra kick he needed.

Though not as drastic, it's like the difference between Mean Mark Callous and The Undertaker: all it takes is the right gimmick to make a guy in the business.

No wrestlers have been born on X-Mas, it seems. However, Juventud Guerrera and The Great Muta were born on the 23th, and Phineas Godwinn was born on the 26th.

...Phineas Godwinn?

[quote name='pimpster4183']Punk is def ripping off Ravens idea of forming a stable of mistfits and outcasts, but it's ok.. anyone else think Punk is trying to look like Jesus with the long black hair and thick black beard[/QUOTE]

'Punk looking like Jesus fits his Savior gimmick. It also fit Baltar's character, as he was also a savior of sorts. :D

[quote name='Purple Flames']I still kinda wish WWE had gone with a Second City Saints reunion had they not canned Cabana and Steel, but this new stable has a lot of promise. Lord knows we haven't had a decent one since Evolution folded.[/QUOTE]

I think the premise of CM Punk's new stable (Straight Edge Society?) works better than the Second City Saints--though I do miss Colt Cabana.

Monty Brown had a lot of charisma and his explosive Pounce shoulder tackle was a pretty neat move. Is there a reason why TNA hasn't brought him back?

The closeset pro wrestler birthdays near my birhtday would be Tetsuya Naito, John Tenta, and Layla El. I had the Hasbro figures of Earthquake and Typhoon. Um.

[quote name='mykevermin']the less-skeezy dude from the Heavenly Bodies.[/QUOTE]

Tom Prichard is quite skeezy. I remember him hitting on my mom at a USWA show in a high school gym when I was a kid. It was during an autograph session before the show started. He was laying it on pretty thick, and gave me the shittiest look when I interrupted him to ask if Jeff Jarrett was coming back out to sign more stuff.

Is Monty Brown still taking care of his sister's family? I remember that was the reason he asked for his release. I believe WWE said they'd welcome him back with open arms should he choose to make a return.

I'd love to see him form a tag team with Ezekiel Jackson.

I could have sworn I had this my earlier post, but: Welcome back, Purple Flames and Diddy! :D

He and Ezekiel Jackson would be a good team. Monty could do the promos and Zeke could stand there looking scary, like how Dusty did with Nikita Koloff.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I never really warmed up to Burke when he was just himself. He had the ability, but being himself just wasn't doing it for me. I think the Black Pope gave him that extra kick he needed.

Though not as drastic, it's like the difference between Mean Mark Callous and The Undertaker: all it takes is the right gimmick to make a guy in the business.[/QUOTE]

Mm-hmm. Burke on ECW didn't do it for me. He had a great look, but his matches never drew me in. I really enjoyed what he's done in TNA thus far, and think the "Black Pope" is a great persona for him - he embraces his blackness without having to be a Slick-like "Jive Soul Bro," so to speak. And the TNA crowd is bonkers for him.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']No wrestlers have been born on X-Mas, it seems. However, Juventud Guerrera and The Great Muta were born on the 23th, and Phineas Godwinn was born on the 26th.

...Phineas Godwinn?[/QUOTE]

Yep. You just got Annie Lennox, Jesus, and me. ;)

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Tom Prichard is quite skeezy. I remember him hitting on my mom at a USWA show in a high school gym when I was a kid. It was during an autograph session before the show started. He was laying it on pretty thick, and gave me the shittiest look when I interrupted him to ask if Jeff Jarrett was coming back out to sign more stuff.[/QUOTE]

I believe most wrestlers are skeezy, but when they're skeezy and look like Dr. Tom, it's even worse.

I think that's why Rick Rude worked so well as a character.

If they bring back such beloved characters as "The Booty Man," "Zodiac," "The Disciple," and "The Man With No Name," I'm fucking *there*, yo.

:roll:

[quote name='Scorch']It was eventual..[/QUOTE]
January 20th.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Tom Prichard is quite skeezy. I remember him hitting on my mom at a USWA show in a high school gym when I was a kid. It was during an autograph session before the show started. He was laying it on pretty thick, and gave me the shittiest look when I interrupted him to ask if Jeff Jarrett was coming back out to sign more stuff.[/QUOTE]

Compared to Gigolo Jimmy Del Ray, everyone is a little less skeezy.

Someone I used to work with told me story about an indy show he went to when he was in middle school or so. He was a huge Rock 'n' Roll Express fan as a younger kid and Ricky Morton was on the card. He and his friend saw him stretching out before the matches and went and got his autograph. After talking to him for a minute Morton asked them if they had any Vicodin on them. :shock: He muttered no and walked away heartbroken.

The show opening video package was a little rushed, but at least explained where the most important storylines in the company were at. Anderson-Magnus was perfectly fine - nothing great or bad, but I liked that they firmly established that Anderson was above Magnus and didn't do a screwy finish to protect him. The Foley-Bischoff deal just ruled. These two have fantastic chemistry and I loved the history of Bischoff that Foley told and that they even bothered to explain why JB was there (to collect his last check). Taz's crack at Adamle was cute and didn't get in the way of things either. The only bad thing here was Bischoff's green shirt.

3D-Morgan/Hernandez was a great way to make the new champs seem legit. Gotta give props to Ray to bumping like a motha for the Hernandez shoulder block - he flew high and took a great bump for it. It's one thing to make a cruiserweight fly with it, but it makes it even more forceful to send a bigger guy flying. The finish not being clean didn't hurt the match, as the faces didn't see it, and it built up the 3D-Nasties match well, and they saved 3D afterwards. The post-match fist bump further put the new champs over and gave them the stamp of approval from 3D. Smart booking there, and it helped me see them as a legit team and not just a makeshift one, which they still somewhat seem like since there's never been a reason for them to actually team up.

Joe killing Jesse Neal made me so happy. Seeing Joe squash people brought back memories of how well-used Joe was in '05, and I loved Taz's "VINTAGE!" line about Neal's USS Cole story. Joe needs to just destroy suckers for weeks to rebuild him - it shouldn't take long if they're careful, which I think they'll be since they've booked a lot of things smartly here. Hell, if they can book the Nasty Boys vs. 3D feud just about perfectly, then they can get Joe on the right track again.

AJ-Pope RULED! These two had an awesome fast-paced match that allowed Pope to shine more than any other match he's had in TNA. They put over his fast hands and had the commentators put his act over big. Seeing him go over the world champion was a nice little surprise, and I marked out hard to see Flair come in and beat him down, only to see the Pope come back on him leading to Joe facing off with Flair. THIS fuckING RULED. They MUST make Joe/Pope vs. AJ/Flair. I marked out hard seeing Flair beg off from Joe. Joe also looked a lot slimmer in his jeans and shirt than he did in his shorts. It's a shame his pants fell down here, because aside from that, he came off as a megastar here. I also loved his intensity against AJ on the mic. Joe - officially back on track in TNA.

Aside from EY being kinda buried, I liked Eric's bit with Nash, and I loved them recapping the Eric-Foley deal from earlier in the show. They never used to do that under the old regime, but now it's commonplace, and it ruled. It not only makes the show easier to follow, but it makes significant events actually seem significant. Angelina's promo was fine - what stuck out more than anything else were her massive knockers, which looked ginormous. Her promo was way better than Tara's, who cut her usual awful one earlier in the show. What does Tara bring to the table in TNA anyway? Her "name" value is hurt by them changing her name, and she's not all that good in the ring anymore, and terrible on the mic.

Angle-Tomko was an okay match. There wasn't much noteworthy about it other than Angle hitting a billion German suplexes and Tomko looking unbelievably out of shape here. Even in silhouette, his lovehandles stuck out badly. I could understand this being the case if he had next to no notice, like Wes Sims did when he looked like that against Lashley on the Strikeforce show, but he's been back for over a month now and just looks terrible. He has no presence, and his once-great look is really hurt by his present Fat Elvis state. Like the previous 8 Card Stud match tonight, I liked that this firmly established one guy as being better than the other and they didn't puss out on the booking.

Their video package/still shot package for the UK tour was AWESOME. They showed dozens of swank-looking photos that made their guys like like megastars. They actually seemed larger than life, which almost never happens. Yet another big win for this show. After this, they had an excellent Tara-Angelina video package that fully explained the history the TBP breakup, and did so in very little time. This is yet another thing that TNA never did before that the new regime has made commonplace. With that said, I'm a little surprised they didn't take out the shot of JB from the TNAWrestlingLive promo image - his character isn't employed in TNA canon, so he shouldn't be shown on TV in an official TNA capacity. Still, that's a minor issue, and considering the massive continuity issues that TNA had before, this is nothing.

Tara-Angelina was a fine match - better than most of Tara's stuff recently, but it was greatly hurt by all the damned blurring due to Tara's nip slips. It was like watching an Attitude-era match on an '03 WWE DVD with all the distracting blurring going on. The post-match deal with TBP setup a future tag match, which I'm fine with. I LOVED Hall acting like Solid Snake trying to sneak into the Impact Zone. It's a shame Waltman didn't follow him in a big box. Foley-Nash was nothing as a match, but I'm intrigued by the post-match deal with the Band laying out Nash.

Screens -

More screens -

Quotes -
Anderson - LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,THIS IS THE MOMENT THAT YOU’VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! HE WEIGHS IN TONIGHT AT 235 POUNDS, HE HAILS FROM GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN! AND HE IS THE FUTURE OF THAT THERE FOUR-SIDED RING! LET ME REPEAT MYSELF - THAT FOUR-SIDED RING! HEY, I DIDN’T SAY THAT I WAS THE FUTURE, HULK HOGAN SAID I WAS THE FUTURE, AND IF HE SAID I WAS THE FUTURE, YOU DAMN SURE KNOW IT MUST BE TRUE MISTER ANDERSON! ANDERSON!
Anderson - WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER - MISTER ANDERSON! ANDERSON!
Taz - No confidence problem there, Mike.
Taz - I like that about this cat. Yeah, I called him a cat.
(after Mick shows up in a mid-sized rental)Taz - Wow, I guess Mick didn’t get the upgrade.
Angle - I’M NOT WORRIED ABOUT TOMKO - I’M GONNA TAKE CARE OF HIM REAL QUICK! I WANNA TALK ABOUT HULK HOGAN. HE SHOOK MY HAND, BUT HAD HIS GOONS HALL AND WALTMAN ATTACK ME!
Hemme - You’re not saying that. Hulk Hogan had. Scott Hall and Waltman attack you.
Angle - THAT’S WHAT I’M SAYING. SCREW ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU, SCREW ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME!
Tenay - ARE HIS FEELINGS TOWARDS HOGAN WARRANTED!?
Taz - I dunno.
Taz - It seems like of this Hogan/Bischoff regime, Hogan’s the cool-headed one and Bischoff’s the hothead.
Bischoff - It is so good to be here one more time. Last week, Hulk made it clear to Mick that he had to get on the same page with yours truly and he made it clear to me that he’s not interested in doing that. I was very disappointed, and it’s also a decision that’s going to cost you dearly! (Mick comes out)
Foley - You know Eric, my reputation inside this business is that there’s something wrong up here - not because I was willing to do things that no one should endure, but because I seem deep down to like just about everybody. People try to say a disparaging word about luminaries like Marcus Bagwell, Paul Heyman, Jim Hellwig, THE WARRIOR, and the truth is, deep down, I don’t dislike anybody. But you are the exception that proves the rule BECAUSE I HATE YOUR STINKING GUTS! You slick little hustler! YOU ARE THE POLAR OPPOSITE OF EVERYTHING I AM, BECAUSE WHILE I LOVE THIS BUSINESS AND WOULD GIVE, AND DID GIVE EVERYTHING TO BE PART OF IT. YOU CAME INTO IT AS A SALESMAN, AN ANNOUNCER, AND THE WORST ONE EVER AT THAT!
Taz - I guess he never heard of Mike Adamle.
Mike - THEN YOU GOT INTO POWER BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T RESPRESENT SOUTHERN WRESTLING. I’M NOT OLD SCHOOL - MAYBE I WAS IN THE SCHOOL BEFORE THEY BURNED THE OLD SCHOOL DOWN!
Eric - YOU MAY NOT STAND ME, BUT THIS IS ABOUT YOUR DECISION!
Mick - YOU CAN MESS WITH MY LIFE. I LOVE BEING PART OF TNA, BUT I ALWAYS PREPARE MYSELF FOR THE FUTURE, WHICH IS WHY AT 22 YEARS OF AGE, I WAS SLEEPING IN A COUCH WHEN I WAS WWE CHAMPION! I DRIVE A PIECE OF CRAP MINIVAN SO I DON’T HAVE TO ANSWER TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU! I MARKED DOWN TWO NAMES ON MY HAND - JB AND ABYSS - WHO ARE YOU TO MESS WITH LIVES!? YOU THINK THAT JB JUST HAS BUGGY EYES!? YOU KNOW HOW MANY HATS HE WEARS!? THE IMPACT ZONE WOULD SHUT DOWN WITHOUT JB! AND THE FACT THAT YOU DON’T KNOW THAT JUST SHOWS THAT YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TNA TICKS!
Eric - What makes me tick, Mick, is power. You don’t wanna get on the same page with me? Fine - that’s your choice. I respect that. But what’s unfortunate is that since you won’t get on the same page with me, I’m gonna have to turn that page, and like you, I’m a best selling author.
Foley - That reminds me of what I wrote about you - power should be limited to those who are in not in love with it, and you haven’t learned a thing since your failures in WCW. WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO MY WIFE OF 22 YEARS, WRESTLING IS THE FIRST THING I EVER LOVED THAT LOVED ME BACK! AND IT MIGHT NOT LAST FOREVER, AND I PREPARED MYSELF THAT THEY MAY FIND LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE, BUT I’LL BE DAMNED IF I’M GONNA STAND BY AND WATCH YOU WITH THE WOMAN I LOVE!
Eric - Those names you have on your hand, I have their futures in my hand. The new chapter is gonna begin tonight when you face Nash in a no DQ match! I’m a student of history, and you assaulted him! I’M A TIT FOR TAT KINDA GUY AND NASH GETS HIS REVENGE TONIGHT! TITTY TATTY TITTY TATTY!
JB - Abyss, I just came here to get my last check. I worked for Eric 10 years ago and nothing’s changed. When he’s around, nobody’s okay.
Abyss - OMYGOD, I’M NOT GONNA BE OKAY!
Tara - When I first came to TNA, Angelina tortured me every day - TORTURE TORTURE TORTURE!
Taz - It’s like Night of the Champions here.
Taz - You think Supermex has ever been to Connecticut?
Tenay - Is it bad there this time of year?
Taz - ANY TIME OF YEAR!
Tenay - Gotcha!
Taz - AIR MEXICO - WAH HO!
Taz - Devon’s got a head like a stop sign.
Tenay - What?!
Taz - Like a stop sign. Big!
Taz - Brother Ray with a beautiful German suplex! Poppin those hips!
Tenay - What a story about Jesse Neal - from his pre-wrestling days on the USS Cole to his ill-fated relationship with Rhino.
Taz - USS Cole - THAT’S A VINTAGE SHIP!
Taz - Jesse’s got a psycho-like Mohawk!
Hemme - HULK, HULK, DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT KURT’S COMMENTS!?
Hulk - WHAT DID HE SAY!?
Hemme - WELL I HATE TO SAY THIS TO YOU, BUT HE THINKS THAT YOU PUT THE HIT ON HIM!
Hulk - WELL THAT’S ANOTHER THING HE’S ACCUSING ME OF THAT I DIDN’T DO! JUST TELL KURT THAT I’M REAL EASY TO FIND!
Taz - Well, here comes the Pope!
Taz - AJ may hail from Gainesville, but rumor has it that he’s looking at mansions in Atlanta! He ain’t just living the gimmick, he’s living it! AJ’s got Flair in his corner - that’s like having a great NFL coach on the sidelines!
Taz - AJ’s been a great wrestler - Flair’s teaching him how to be a great champion. Big difference.
Tenay - Series of elbows - bit of a flip, flop and fly!
Taz - Pope’s a Renaissance man!
Taz - I was with the Pope last night at an adult establishment. He had a massive congregation of beautiful women around him.
Taz - Ya gotta do short bursts in the ring. It’s not a football field. Or an ice skating…
Tenay - RINK! AND YOU’RE FROM NEW YORK! I’m from Vegas and I know that!
Taz - The point I’m trying to make is that there isn’t as much room.
Tenay - I guess you’ve never been to an Islanders game. Can’t blame ya!
(after a combo)Tenay - What that the left or the right that hit him?
Taz - He hit him with so many lefts, he was begging for a right!
(before the rope leg dive)Taz - Pope told me he calls this the Coronation. Didn’t work. Coronation - didn’t work!
Tenay - THE POPE JUST BEAT THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
Flair - YOU KIDDING ME?! YOU WANNA DIE TONIGHT! YOU OUGHTA KNOW BETTER - THIS IS THE NEW TNA - YOU’LL GET YOUR ASS BEAT! YOU SOME ISLAND BROTHAS!?
Joe - FLAIR, SHUT YOUR MOUTH! AJ STYLES, YOU ARE AN UNREPENTENT SCUMBAG!
Flair - HE’S THE WORLD CHAMPION!
Joe - SHUT UP! I DON’T CARE IF WE WERE FRIENDS - YOU WERE ALWAYS A MAN, BUT YOU GAVE IT ALL UP! FOR WHAT!? AN OVERPRICED SUIT AND HIS WHOLESALE HOOKERS! AJ STYLES, I NEED TO REMIND YOU HOW TO BE A MAN. I NEED TO REMIND YOU HOW TO BE A CHAMPION, AND THAT’S WHY AT AGAINST ALL ODDS…
Flair - YOU’LL BE A DEAD MAN!
Joe - I’M GONNA CASH IN MY TITLE SHOT! I’M GONNA STOMP THE NATURE OUT OF YOUR ASS!
Flair - YOU SHUT UP!
Joe - AJ, FROM THIS DAY TILL THEM, GO TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT KNOWING YOU HAVE TO FACE THE INEVITABLE. Pope, I SEE WE GO DOWN THERE AND SHOW THEM WHAT THE INEVITABLE IS!
Love - Christy, I taught TBP everything they know - but not everything I know. They tried to replace me - how’s that workin’ out for ya!? Yeah, not so much!
Bischoff - You are…
EY - Eric Young. Global Champion.
Bischoff - Oh yeah, I remember now. (EY leaves)There’s a man I won’t remember in the morning. Kev, I need you to destroy Mick tonight. Mop the floor with him.
Nash - So you want a favor. And if I recall, Pac and Scott still don’t have contracts…
Bischoff - You know the deal - they don’t have contracts because they’re screw-ups, they play to the beat of their own drum. It is what it is, and if you like that tune, maybe you can play it too.
Foley - While I’m not clad in traditional wrestling garb, under the Foley family Christmas tree, I got a new pair of athletic shoes, which I’ll wear tonight.
Hemme - There’s LITERALLY BUCKETS OF BAD BLOOD between you two!
Foley - Yes, LITERALLY BUCKETS OF BAD BLOOD! He had me sitting in 26C near the crapper! THE SMELL!
Abyss - MICK MICK MICK!
Foley - DON’T GO TO THE RING - NO MATTER WHAT. PROMISE ME!
Abyss - I promise…
Tenay - A lot changed since Angelina was in TNA.
Taz - What hasn’t changed is Angelina’s mid-rope enjoyment entrance! I LOVE IT!
Taz - Both ladies have a Greco-Roman Knuckle Lock!
Angle - I WANT YOU TO EXPLAIN TO ME HOW YOU CAN SHAKE MY HAND AND THEN YOUR CRONIES ATTACK ME!
Hogan - I DIDN’T GIVE HALL AND X-PAC CONTRACTS BECAUSE THEY’RE THUGS! YOUR TEMPER IS THE PROBLEM! AND I’VE HEARD THAT YOU’VE MISSED A BUNCH OF OPPORTUNITIES BECAUSE OF THAT DAMN TEMPER!
Angle - I DON’T TRUST YOU AS FAR AS I CAN THROW YOU! I’VE HEARD THE HORROR STORIES! THERE’S ONE THING YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND - YOU’RE NOT GONNA SCREW WITH ME LIKE YOU’VE SCREWED WITH THEM!
Hogan - Do yourself a favor and get out of my office!
(at 10:55)Penzer - THE FOLLOWING NO-DQ MATCH HAS A 20 MINUTE TIME LIMIT!
Taz - Nash is being cautious, which is smart when there’s a guy with a ball bat wrapped in barb wire in front of ya!
(after a low blow)Taz - There’s no DQ, so that’s all good in the hood. It’ll definitely separate your yam bag from your coxix!

An amazing pair of reviews of the Hard Justice '05 show on the ShopTNA site -
A Very Good Show Indeed!
Ronny Milsapien (Rogers,Connecticut) 11/3/2009 2:15 PM
i liked this show alot but i did nott realize that was tito santana?Did he change his name to tito ortiz for this show?I rememember him as el matador in wwF a long ago.It doenst dont matter cuz becuz thiss show was good.AJ vs Jef was off the hook dude

this is a show(DVD dude)
Slam Kats McGowen (Climax,Minnesota) 11/3/2009 11:29 AM
Watch as TITO SANTANA bashes aj styles with a brutal ground and pound and watch as JEFF JARRETT comes to AJ's rescue by smashing the living pulp out of TITO SANTANA's head with a snazzy lookin guitar with no strings!OH THE EXCITMENT OF HARD JUCTICE.It makes me so hard so you got get up to and go buy this one!!!!TNA!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaytheGamefan']
An amazing pair of reviews of the Hard Justice '05 show on the ShopTNA site -[/QUOTE]

I will never understand why websites allow reviews from random people. In the place of some (usually small) level of corporate bias you get unreadable (albeit sometimes hilarious) tripe that is less useful than Nintendo Power giving high scores to Nintendo games.

No wrestling watching for me lately, I've been devouring The Office on Netflix and just started Generation Kill.

They're actually not too bad by wrestling standards. Tank Abbott was a billion times worse.

Tara bluromatic pics -

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Halo05']I will never understand why websites allow reviews from random people. In the place of some (usually small) level of corporate bias you get unreadable (albeit sometimes hilarious) tripe that is less useful than Nintendo Power giving high scores to Nintendo games.

No wrestling watching for me lately, I've been devouring The Office on Netflix and just started Generation Kill.[/QUOTE]

I watched the whole series of The Office on Netflix and rented the Generation Kill miniseries from them last summer. Both are fantastic choices. I highly recommend you read the Generation Kill book. I read it before seeing the miniseries, but if you like the show, the book's even better (isn't it always?).

Also, Impact was good. I wanna see some Tara nip slip pics.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']They're actually not too bad by wrestling standards. Tank Abbott was a billion times worse.[/QUOTE]

You used present tense? Knobs needs a breather after calling for pizza.

Found this on another site just now:

Christian: Congrats on the Rumble win.
Edge: Thanks.
Christian: I won't go down easy if you choose me.
Edge: Huh?
Christian: If you choose to go after the ECW title.
Edge: Seriously?
Christian: It counts.
Edge: Maybe technically, but come on.
Christian: Hey! I've defended this belt versus the likes of Tommy Dreamer, Ezekiel Jackson, Yoshi Tatsu, Zach Ryder...
Edge: Isn't that one of those little jobbers who looks like me?
Christian: No, he got a haircut wears silly clothes now.
Edge: So he looks like you?
Christian: Jerk. But seriously, Vance Archer, Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, Shelton Benjamin...
Edge: I've heard of him.
Christian: Ok fine, I'm done. You're a jerk.
Edge: Dude, its not even gold. I thought that was a belt buckle or something.
Christian: Shut up.
Edge: Hey, has Barry Horowitz gotten his shot?
Christian: I'm not listening.
Edge: I'll give you $5 for a title shot.
Christian: I hate you.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hahaha.

I just saw the "NXT" logo. Looks super corny like some late-90's "X-TREME" beverage logo. Looks like the logo on a can of overpriced energy drinks that douchebags buy - Monster Rockstar Ed Hardy Bawls Powerthirst bullshit.

Maybe it won't suck. Maybe WWE can hire grapic designers that make stuff that isn't aimed for the crowd of folks who think "Disturbed" is a fucking fantastic band. Maybe.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/44...usso-book-released-and-more-tna-news.html?p=1

TNA is doing one of two things:
1) Working the marks by utilizing the internet. Great. I've been suggesting this for years. You don't need to have someone shoot on TV (and I roll my eyes everytime a promo involves the phrase "this is a SHOOT!") to work smarks and build characters and the respective support/animus they seek. Blurring the lines here is the first step in the evolution of working the next generation of wrestling fans for sure.
2) TNA doesn't have a fucking clue what they're doing, nor do they have a fucking clue where they're headed and what this company will look like in 6-12 months' time.

Now, while I'd like to believe #1 is true and #2 is not, the fact is in order for #1 to be true we'd have to believe they're wasting their creative juices on a feud between Eric Bischoff and Jeremy fucking Borash. That's probable, sure (Vince Russo genius! Work the fans by getting the least likely participants involved in a feud!). But it's far more likely that this company is full of petulant brats with no control or oversight, creatively or financially.

well speaking of TNA, I won tickets today off our local new rock radio station by answering who are the Knockout tag team champions.. Maybe they'll be decent seats. I'm also qualified to be a manager for one of the matches, lol. If I win that, I'm leaving that place with a job.

I love how they protected McIntyre by having his Elimination Chamber match be the only 3 Way so that his streak of winning in one on one matches alive. They actually showed what happened to Cena after RAW went off like when he got powerbombed on the steel steps.

[quote name='cdeener']I love how they protected McIntyre by having his Elimination Chamber match be the only 3 Way so that his streak of winning in one on one matches alive. They actually showed what happened to Cena after RAW went off like when he got powerbombed on the steel steps.[/QUOTE]
That powerbomb looked pretty awesome. WWE has an incredible editing department.

McIntyre looks like some random indy guy, he has no look, he sucks on the mic.. why is WWE pushing him down everyones throat trying to get him over?

[quote name='pimpster4183']McIntyre looks like some random indy guy, he has no look, he sucks on the mic.. why is WWE pushing him down everyones throat trying to get him over?[/QUOTE]
Well remember he was selected by McMahon to be an elite wrestler in WWE. I guess McMahon has Irish roots somewhere since both of the new people from that region is champ.

bread's done
Back