The BCS can...

take my giant horsecock and shove it straight down its throat.

Anyone with me on this one?

Those who have implemented and upheld this system are punks, little gays, worse than Michael Jackson! :bomb:

having a playoff would be a big waste of time. nobody wants to see 2-3 more games and then a bowl game, its just not worth it. florida will get their asses handed to them, and michigan deserved to play ohio state again. florida barely won week in and week out, and michigan was really only tested once. the BCS has its issues, but a playoff would only make things worse

[quote name='crushtopher']having a playoff would be a big waste of time. nobody wants to see 2-3 more games and then a bowl game, its just not worth it. florida will get their asses handed to them, and michigan deserved to play ohio state again. florida barely won week in and week out, and michigan was really only tested once. the BCS has its issues, but a playoff would only make things worse[/quote]

... Because no one watches the NCAA basketball tournament. :roll:

If they do a playoff it should only include 3 or 4 teams as College Football relies so heavily on the regular season as its playoff. Anymore than that and it will water down the product.

And both teams really deserve a crack at Ohio State. Florida played in the toughest conference and while the wins may not have been pretty, Michigan wasn't out there killing people either though.

[quote name='crushtopher']having a playoff would be a big waste of time. nobody wants to see 2-3 more games and then a bowl game, its just not worth it. florida will get their asses handed to them, and michigan deserved to play ohio state again. florida barely won week in and week out, and michigan was really only tested once. the BCS has its issues, but a playoff would only make things worse[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true. Michigan has only played just barely better than their opponents. The Ball State game just wouldn't go away as the defense caved in and allowed 26 points. And michigan's pass defense has not been stellar. In fact, it's why they lost to OSU. Their only saving grace has been their rushing defense, which practically won them the Northwastern, Penn State, and Wisconsin games.

I agree with the result for the Bowl games, but I don't agree with the standings. Voting Florida #2 for political reasons (no re-match, no controversy) only heightened the inherrent flaws in the system that were supposed to be eliminated with this BCS bullshit.

Michigan blew their chance, USC lost their chance, Florida earned a chance, but they're still not the #2 team in the country right now, Michigan is. Voting them #2 just to erase the re-match controversy is bullshit, IMO.

i'm all for michigan in the championship - but i'm going to love the michigan/usc matchup.

and as for osu handing flordia their asses, well...

There was already a playoff with the top four teams. Florida beat LSU and Ohio State beat Michigan, so those two deserve to play each other.

Its already been shown that they can do a playoff system of sorts and not add games to the schedule so I dont wanna hear that argument. How many weeks till the bowl games? I say let michigan and florida play and then let the winner go up against ohio.

How about this.......(as much as it pains me) Ohio State will beat whoever they put infront of them, so in the end does it really matter?

They sure didn't look like that in their last game. If they played on a neutral field I don't think the outcome would have been the same.

Is the BCS fair? hell no. We saw this with Auburn two years ago.
Does it need to change? definitly something needs to change.
Does Florida deserve the chance over Michigan? of course I think it was the right decision

The BCS is indeed a sham. It's all about ratings to the powers that be, and those that decide who will play for the national title against Ohio State. This has nothing to do with a bias against Michigan, and everything to do with politics and drawing ratings from bigger markets.

Take a look at each event from their standpoint (you all know why this is brown) vs my/The Michigan standpoint (Maize-ish for U of M) vs the Florida standpoint (Orange for the Gators).

Michigan vs Ohio State:

- This will be great, a game that's already huge made even bigger because both teams are undefeated and ranked #1 and #2! This is great, plus whichever team wins we'll be able to put into the BCS championship game as they'll have already beat the other team! Brilliant!

- Man, this is the game we've been waiting for, sucks that Ohio State gets home-field advantage for this game though...

- Well, this is great, the SEC was so tough this year, we're a shoe-in to face the U of M/OSU winner!

USC leaps Michigan to play in the national title game:

- Ah, Florida is good, Michigan is better, but USC, sure they lost to a very average Oregon State team, but we've got to put ratings first here. With no NFL team in Los Angeles, USC draws a much bigger market than any other team in college football. We know what's best for America, and we know what the most people will watch, USC vs Ohio State!

- This is bs, we lost on the road by a whopping 3 points to the #1 team in the nation, USC lost to an unranked team, and they're getting the title shot? If only we had a second chance to play them on a neutral field... What gives, is Vince McMahon scripting this?

- What the heck? We haven't lost yet we get dropped back to 4th, so the system's darling USC can go to the National Championship, that's crazy. Plus Arkansas choked against LSU, which means logically we can't jump Michigan by beating them in the SEC championship game, damn.

USC loses to UCLA:

- Oh ****! Alright, don't panic, don't panic, we can come up with something. I know we'll get the media to legitimize putting Florida into the title game by drumming up a debate between Florida and Michigan, that way when we pick Florida over Michigan we won't have to rationalize our actions, brilliant!

- YES! There is a God, we've been granted a second chance to face Ohio State instead of that undeserving USC team.

- Maybe if we whine and complain enough we'll get in this game. Give 'em hell, Urban Meyer!

Florida leaps Michigan to play in the national title game:

- YES! Our brilliant scheme worked, and America fell for it! We just can't have two teams from the same market playing each other in the National Title game, and with Florida playing Ohio State we draw from two different markets, which means: Higher Ratings!

- Our only loss was to Ohio State, the #1 team in the nation, by 3 points on their turf, and yet we're getting passed again by a team that lost to an inferior team by 10 points. This makes no sense... by that logic Auburn should be the #1 team in the nation, right? Does the BCS just hate us?

- God Bless the BCS!

Overall this has really turned me off towards college football. As my former alma-mater's football coach proved today leaving for greener pastures in Cincinnati. At the end of the day the only thing that matters to the NCAA is the almighty dollar. Not who the best team really is.

You can argue up and down that no one wants to see a rematch, the results will be the same anyway right? Of course I believe Frazier won The Fight of the Century before dropping the next two bouts.

Don't take it as personally as I have though, Michigan fans, this has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the powers-that-be behind the BCS getting the top money draw for the National Title game. I think it's ridiculous and a crying shame, of course pre BCS we'd be seeing USC vs Ohio State, regardless of the previous weekend's outcomes.

I hope Ohio State blows out Florida in the National Championship game, while Michigan trounces USC, proving that the wrong decision was made, and in turn making the voters behind the coaches and AP polls look even more ridiculous (assuming that's possible).

Every team and its players should get a cookie of their choice, a hug from a supermodel, and a plaque that says, "In my book you're number 1. Love ya!" That way, everyone's happy.

[quote name='bmulligan']So, you're saying Michigan should play LSU ?[/QUOTE]

Yes. USC would then play Wisconsin, and Notre Dame shouldn't even be in a BCS game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2684345

So are those voters (fortunately, I'm not one of them). So here are the cold, hard facts when comparing the Gators and Wolverines:

1. Florida beat nine teams that are projected to play in bowl games. Michigan beat six.

2. Michigan beat five teams that finished the season with losing records. Florida beat two teams with sub-.500 records. (Florida also played 1 more game)

3. Florida's 12 Division I-A opponents had a combined record of 89-57. Michigan's 12 opponents had a combined record of 84-61.

4. Michigan's best win is considered a 27-13 victory over Wisconsin on Sept. 23. The Badgers are 11-1 and have climbed to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 poll, despite having played only one ranked opponent -- the Wolverines -- the entire season.

5. The 12 teams Florida defeated finished the season with 11 combined wins against opponents which were ranked in the AP Top 25 poll at the time the game was played. The opponents Michigan defeated claim just three wins against ranked teams (Notre Dame beat Penn State. Indiana beat Iowa. Vanderbilt beat Georgia. The Nittany Lions, Hawkeyes and Bulldogs, it should be noted, haven't been ranked in seven weeks).

6. The Gators went 3-1 against ranked opponents, beating then-No. 13 Tennessee, No. 9 LSU and No. 8 Arkansas and losing at No. 11 Auburn. (Which was dominated by Florida and lost due to a mistake OR bad call on the Auburn 6) The Wolverines went 1-1 against ranked opponents, beating a highly overrated No. 2 Notre Dame team (that lost to Michigan and USC by a combined total of 46 points) and losing at No. 1 Ohio State 42-39 on Nov. 18.

7. The Gators' average margin of victory against Division I-A teams was 13.5 points. They won seven games by 14 points or fewer, six by less than 10. The Wolverines' average margin of victory was 17.3 points. They won six games by 14 points or fewer, two by less than 10.

8. The Gators played Western Carolina, a Division I-AA team, and won by 62 points. The Wolverines played Ball State, which should be a I-AA team, and won by eight.

9. Since the Wolverines last played and lost at Ohio State, the Gators won at Florida State (The Seminoles are 6-6, but rivalry games are tough to win. Just ask USC coach Pete Carroll) and then beat the No. 8 Razorbacks, who defeated then-No. 2 Auburn and No. 13 Tennessee by 17 points each.

10. Michigan didn't win the Big Ten; Florida won the SEC. Winning your conference should be a prerequisite for playing in the national championship.

Quit going by margin of victory and TV Highlights, these are the facts why Florida's going and Michigan will be home on their couches watching.

Florida's loss was against a previously ranked #2 auburn team. The game was dominated by Florida. A fired up Auburn who had just lost the previous week had no offensive touchdowns. On a 3rd down play on the auburn 6, the gators were down by less than a field goal with about 5 minutes left. Chris leak's arm goes forward but its ruled a fumble and Auburn drives up the score to win by 10.

Michigans loss to OSU was impressive as well however they were dominated in the first half. The second half they turned it around but just like the Auburn v UF game, the score is a bit skewed.

Gotta love retard logic! Hey, OSU only beat U of M (in Ohio) by 3 points, does that mean they shouldn't be in the National Title game? F*ck, following your retard logic it should be LSU vs Florida, since the SEC is so f*cking superior. I'm going to laugh when Florida gets beat by 30+ points in the title game.

I see you're a newbie too, here's a suggestion, don't post here anymore ;)

[quote name='Stoneage']When Valparaiso University's team gets screwed by the BCS, I will care about this. Hint: This will never happen.[/quote]

You and me both sister, after this crap, I give up on college sports alltogether. College basketball lost me as a viewer, as well as frequent attendee at U of M basketball games when they f*cked over Jamal Crawford. Let's face it the NCAA is a corrupt piece of shit system in general.

[quote name='mojoman5165']Yes. USC would then play Wisconsin, and Notre Dame shouldn't even be in a BCS game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I think it's worse Notre Dame is in a BCS game then Florida making it to the National Championship game. The BCS is crap. I think Michigan is the second best team in the country, but I also would rather see Ohio State play Florida and not a rematch of the Ohio St/Michigan game. They need a playoff system and everyone knows the BCS is flawed.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']They sure didn't look like that in their last game. If they played on a neutral field I don't think the outcome would have been the same.[/QUOTE]

The game was not as close as it seemed. They lost 2 snaps (the center was wearing a cast) that led to 10 michigan points. OSU could have beat them by 2 TD's or more as they probably would've scored on those drives. Michigan played a great game, though. I still thind Michigan is the number 2 team. I wouldn't want to see a rematch but that doesn't mean they don't deserve one. Florida, I think, has to play much better than they have all season to have a chance.

Only one of them could be in, they both can make a good case. As a fan of neither team, I can say that I'd have been looking forward to either game so I guess I didn't care all that much :mrgreen:

Michigan fans are rightly pissed just as Florida fans would have been. Can't be helped, even if you went to a 4 or 8 team playoff you are still going to have many years with legit contenders just missing the cut. And I don't see how they could ever do more than a 3 round playoff and even that is probably too much.

Disregard where I'm from - I'm really not a Michigan fan anyway. The championship title game should be between the top two schools. It's pretty hard to argue those two would be OSU and U of M.

Yeah, Michigan got screwed...although Florida did have a tougher schedule it seems, but the SEC wasn't that great. Arkansas sucks ass, I still wonder how they were #8.

I would like the rematch, but I'm from Michigan, so I'm biased. The National Championship game should suck....we'll see.

Honestly it should have been Florida even if USC hadn't lost. Michigan had their chance and blew it. Florida plays in the toughest conference bar none. They played an extra game. Michigan was impressive and all with its big wins against Wisconsin and umm Notre Dame. They were also impressive in the way that they trailed Ohio State for just about the entire game and with the way they played so well against Ball State. I'm not saying Michigan is bad and maybe non deserving of a title shot, but Florida deserves it more.

If you want to talk about how the BCS is screwed up you'd be talking about Boise State going undefeated or you'd be talking about Wisconsin just dropping one game and not having their name in the hat, but this isn't what the thread is about. This thread is about Michigan not getting to the Championship because well Florida deserved it more. This thread is about Michigan fanboys crying and using rating conspiracies and we lost to a better team excuses and denying cold hard facts that Florida played a tougher schedule in a tougher division.

[quote name='NoRain']Honestly it should have been Florida even if USC hadn't lost. Michigan had their chance and blew it. Florida plays in the toughest conference bar none. They played an extra game. Michigan was impressive and all with its big wins against Wisconsin and umm Notre Dame. They were also impressive in the way that they trailed Ohio State for just about the entire game and with the way they played so well against Ball State. I'm not saying Michigan is bad and maybe non deserving of a title shot, but Florida deserves it more.

If you want to talk about how the BCS is screwed up you'd be talking about Boise State going undefeated or you'd be talking about Wisconsin just dropping one game and not having their name in the hat, but this isn't what the thread is about. This thread is about Michigan not getting to the Championship because well Florida deserved it more. This thread is about Michigan fanboys crying and using rating conspiracies and we lost to a better team excuses and denying cold hard facts that Florida played a tougher schedule in a tougher division.[/QUOTE]

Florida's schedule was a little tougher...but honestly, they did not play well, and I cannot even see them hanging in with OSU.

UofM would be favored over Florida...

BUT, UofM did lose to OSU.....if they played that game FIRST in their schedule, they would probably still be #2....oh well.

At least USC/UofM should be a damn good game,.

A playoff system is needed. It works in division I-AA. Here the BCS wants to control the monopoly. College football national championship is a joke, the two teams that make the final game is a popularity contest.

Yes, I'm a SEC fan. Yes, I'm an Auburn fan. Also.. I firmly believe that the BCS is nothing more of a scheme of money, those who control end of season cash flows from the media, and a system that ranks teams based on what Tubberville calls "politicking" more than achievement.

Why? Voters are concentrated most on the west and east coasts, and thus tend to miss many key games. Then, coaches have to work the phones to encourage people to vote for them. Do I think Michigan is a good team? Well yeah, of course. Do they deserve another shot? I think not. They had their chance, and lost the game. Granted it was by a VERY slim score, it's still a loss. If there had been a playoff system, and Ohio St beat Michigan in any given bracket.. it'd be the same outcome.

For everyone saying that the BCS thinks it's such an elite conference.. point out otherwise. For example: look at teams like Notre Dame, USC, Texas, etc... and how they tend to be televised for every damned game they play. Even if their opponent isn't ranked, they'd be televised during the evening and getting talked up as if they were a team of gods.

Look at the SEC.. being an Auburn fan, I couldn't watch half of the season on TV. They were a top five ranked team for a good chunk of the season; yet nobody gave a damn except those that lived in our state. Once they lost to Arkansas, all of the talk about being "overrated" got thrown around.. and people stopped paying attention.

Look at Notre Dame. They've lost 2 games as well (granted both of those were ranked teams, and Auburn's second loss was to GA).. but you couldn't keep the press' "darling team" down. USC.. well.. they had an extremely lax schedule, but having the alumnists and money that they do.. they shoot up to #2 last week.

Compare conferences. So many teams were top 25 from the SEC this year. Making it through the SEC to become champion is much more difficult than ANY OTHER CONFERENCE hands down. Compare the schedules, the defensive stats, and you cannot argue this point.

What's funny is that both Tubberville and Meyer have bitched in the press about wanting a playoff system. I'm very happy about Florida going. I'm tired of BCS standings being nothing more than a showcase of a team with a traditional winning record, a flashy player or two, and who a bunch of journalists believe are the best.

One last thing.. teams improve throughout the season. They get better, more experienced. A good example is Georgia. The best team in a poll doesn't necessarily mean they're the best team in the nation. It's another reason that while the BCS rules, we'll never know who the true national champion is.

So, what happens if Florida wins the game by like, a point. Michigan wins, Wisconsin wins, Louisville wins, and Boise wins? Then Florida would be crowned National Champs, with 1 loss, Boise wouldn't even crack the Top 5, with an undefeated season, and you would still have 5 BCS teams with 1 loss.

This whole Michigan/Florida debate is pointless. Both teams deserve to play the game, but only 1 can. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

[quote name='doubledown'] Arkansas sucks ass, I still wonder how they were #8.
[/QUOTE]

What? They only won 9 in a row in arguably the toughest conference in college football. If they had any kind of QB, they would have won the SEC (and probably against LSU) and they'd be talking about playing OSU. DMC is the real thing. I think they'll be favored to win the SEC next year.

I would have liked to see the rematch, but I think Florida is more deserving.

Here is a stat for you (I don't know what ESPN is smoking, but these are from the NCAA)

Florida Opponents: 89-54 (.622)
Michigan Opponents: 83-50 (.624)

Florida may have had more marquee wins, but Michigan claims better opponent's record. You have to count WCU's 2-9 record, because Florida scheduled them. They don't get to not count because they are I-AA.

-Wisconsin has the worst SOS of the top 10 BCS (.473)
-Arkansas has a better SOS than Ohio State (.563 v .553)
-Minnesota has the best SOS at .641

The BCS has the order of:
OSU
Florida
Michigan
LSU
USC
Louisville
Wisconsin
Boise State
Auburn
Oklahoma

With:
OSU v Florida BCS NCG
USC v Michigan Rose
LSU v ND(11) Sugar
Wake(14) v Louisville Orange
Boise State v Oklahoma Fiesta

Mine would be:
OSU
Florida
Michigan
LSU
Louisville
USC
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Boise State
Auburn

With:
OSU v LSU Semifinal #1 (played in Glendale, AZ Jan 4)
Florida v Michigan Semifinal #2 (played in Glendale, AZ Jan 5)
USC v Wisconsin Rose
Auburn v Louisville Sugar
Wake(15) v Boise State Orange
Oklahoma v Notre Dame(11) Fiesta (Tempe, AZ)

OSU/LSU v FL/MI Final (played in Glendale, AZ Jan 13)

I had originally left out conference winners, but decided that wasn't fair. So, I've added two semifinal games at the NCG site the week before.

[quote name='doubledown']Ok, the QB for Arkansas sucks....that is what I really meant. It amazed me how they won with him.[/QUOTE]

Part of it is due to the fact that he's a freshman though. He lacks some experience, but the kid has talent. Trust me, I'm not an Arkansas fan.. the win against Auburn had me depressed all week and shitfaced on game night.

Arkansas is going to be a big player in the SEC next year. Their running back is like a freaking bulldozer. His 7 yards per carry against Auburn is what beat them (that and our defense had a hangover or something).

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Gotta love retard logic! Hey, OSU only beat U of M (in Ohio) by 3 points, does that mean they shouldn't be in the National Title game? F*ck, following your retard logic it should be LSU vs Florida, since the SEC is so f*cking superior. I'm going to laugh when Florida gets beat by 30+ points in the title game.

I see you're a newbie too, here's a suggestion, don't post here anymore ;)[/quote]
We don't need another Oklahoma. Michigan lost their shot at the title when they lost to Ohio State. Your whining and childish namecalling isn't going to help anything.

bread's done
Back