The Beatles: Rock Band (Can be older instruments, don't care.)

Hitman2383

CAG Veteran
Saw a few older topics, but thought I'd get a fresh update on this.

I'm looking for a PS3 version of Beatles Rock Band, and a mic/guitar/drumset to go along with it. The instruments don't need to be the special edition Beatles ones or anything. I know the "Special Edition" pack goes for like $139 at this point. Could I grab an older RB kit + the game for cheaper than this? Any suggestions/sightings?

Any help certainly appreciated. Thanks!

If it were me, I would look for the best value, which to me is the best quality for the lowest price. With that said, I would look for the Rock Band 2 Special Edition Bundle (which, I think, is $99 in store at Gamestop) and buy the The Beatles: Rock Band online for about $50 shipped. That gets you a mic, decent wireless guitar, good wireless drums, and 2 games for $150.

DON'T get the "Special Value Edition" Beatles Bundle. The Rock Band 1 instruments are all wired and they SUCK. Avoid them like the plague because they are so piss poor you won't enjoy playing the game, which is the whole point.

Bottom line, I would pony up a little dough to get some decent stuff.

RB2 kit is 99 bucks or you could buy that 79 dollar rockband 1 kit online. Personally though I think the rock band guitars are just junk. The guitar hero ones are way better. I can't comment on the drums though. I've never used the guitar hero ones. I do like the rock band 2 drums though.

I've seen Rock Band 2 kits with the Beatles game instead of RB 2 in the package at both Wal-Mart and Best Buy for around $130-$150.

Edit: Those may have been the special value edition that steverox warned about.

bread's done
Back