The Better Than The Rest OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Random facts? fuck that.
Let's post in haiku again
Best thread this summer?[/QUOTE]

Even better than the banning over everyone?

[quote name='JSweeney']You wouldn't want that anyways... what you want to be is the power behind the throne. The puppet master that's actually always controlling everything, bending it to thier whims, but only a few actually know.

Kind of like what Neko Hime does.

:oops: Maybe I shouldn't have said that...

:lol:[/QUOTE]
And this will be the last post Sweeney ever makes on CAG.

Cheapy is our one true god. There is no other. :D

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']And this will be the last post Sweeney ever makes on CAG.

Cheapy is our one true god. There is no other. :D[/QUOTE]

Cheapy doesn;t know it yet, But I was so tempted to see if it was possible to ban an admin.

I just discovered a guitar riff in a Cap'n Jazz song that Sparta totally ripped off for one of their songs. Now I hate Sparta even more.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Even better than the banning over everyone?[/QUOTE]
Hmm...now that's a toss-up if I've ever seen one.

Maybe we should spend the rest of the OTT debating the merits of the threads and of various posts within. It'd be boring as all hell, but it could very well be one for the history books.*

*That's assuming that there are internet history books, of course. You never know - there are classes on the Simpsons...

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Cheapy doesn;t know it yet, But I was so tempted to see if it was possible to ban an admin.[/QUOTE]
If you ever feel like leaving the boards, why not go out in style? :D

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Whoa, NESHavok really did just find out there was a Doom trailer.[/QUOTE]
so did i

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Hmm...now that's a toss-up if I've ever seen one.

Maybe we should spend the rest of the OTT debating the merits of the threads and of various posts within. It'd be boring as all hell, but it could very well be one for the history books.*

*That's assuming that there are internet history books, of course. You never know - there are classes on the Simpsons...[/QUOTE]

I banned God in that thread. I think that takes the cake.

[quote name='beerguy961']Cause random facts are so cool.[/QUOTE]
Apparently cool enough for you to remember them a week after they were posted.

Wait, who are you again?

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']*That's assuming that there are internet history books, of course. You never know - there are classes on the Simpsons...[/QUOTE]

There's always the Internet Archive. Remember kids, Internet is a proper noun, big I in front.

The Internet Archive is building a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form. Like a paper library, we provide free access to researchers, historians, scholars, and the general public.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I have no motivation to do any actual work today.[/QUOTE]

I just got done with my work. Now I have a month's vacation. Hooray.

My trip to CC and Staples between classes was a failure that had a decently good ending. I went to Staples to get the $10 wireless router they were advertising, which they didn't have. I took the ad and went to CC to see if they had it and PM it and pick up Lego Star Wars. They still need to learn how organizing is done, so I could find any copies for Xbox or PS2. I even talked to a guy that works in the car audio department and he even said that there's not much of an organized system in the game section. I went to the router aisle and they were out of that $10 router, as well. To make the trip not worthless, I picked up two games from the $9.99 clearance bin, Transformers and YYH Tournament Tactics, and went up to the checkout area where no one was there. I had to flag down someone to let me pay for my stuff and go and then paid and left. It wasn't ruined, as I can head to BB later tonight or tomorrow to see if they have the router and get that PM'd.

[quote name='Mike23']The second run of commercials movies do really piss me off. fuckwads.[/QUOTE]
Why? What's so bad about seeing a movie a few months after release for fifty cents (or whatever it runs where you live)? :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My trip to CC and Staples between classes was a failure that had a decently good ending. I went to Staples to get the $10 wireless router they were advertising, which they didn't have. I took the ad and went to CC to see if they had it and PM it and pick up Lego Star Wars. They still need to learn how organizing is done, so I could find any copies for Xbox or PS2. I even talked to a guy that works in the car audio department and he even said that there's not much of an organized system in the game section. I went to the router aisle and they were out of that $10 router, as well. To make the trip not worthless, I picked up two games from the $9.99 clearance bin, Transformers and YYH Tournament Tactics, and went up to the checkout area where no one was there. I had to flag down someone to let me pay for my stuff and go and then paid and left. It wasn't ruined, as I can head to BB later tonight or tomorrow to see if they have the router and get that PM'd.[/QUOTE]

I went to BB on Sunday to pick up my PM on Lego Star Wars (having picked it up earlier in the week, thank you TSD) and stopped at CC beforehand to return some items & check for Lego Star Wars and it was gone. :shock: I think the one CC I went to didn't have great stock on it, though when I was at another one yesterday, it was nowhere to be found. The rep in the department said they pretty much sold out on Sunday and Monday.

Mine was $3 after PM & RZ certs. ;)

Which router was it that was $10 at Staples?

Now I remember why I don't play CSS online a lot. I seem to always be on n00b teams against great players. No matter what I do, I'm always on a bad team (17-0 terrorists, and I was the best player on CT)

[quote name='karsh']Note to self...Rotating the monitor to make it tallscreen instead of widescreen is a stupid idea, though fun.[/QUOTE]

Like I said though, run MAME and toss on a vertical shooter,a nd you have the authentic ex[erience.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Now I remember why I don't play CSS online a lot. I seem to always be on n00b teams against great players. No matter what I do, I'm always on a bad team (17-0 terrorists, and I was the best player on CT)[/QUOTE]

I hate playing just about anything online unless I know who I'm playing. It seems everytime I go online, I either get cheaters, someone who plays cheaply or it's just not a fair match-up.

[quote name='shrike4242']I went to BB on Sunday to pick up my PM on Lego Star Wars (having picked it up earlier in the week, thank you TSD) and stopped at CC beforehand to return some items & check for Lego Star Wars and it was gone. :shock: I think the one CC I went to didn't have great stock on it, though when I was at another one yesterday, it was nowhere to be found. The rep in the department said they pretty much sold out on Sunday and Monday.

Mine was $3 after PM & RZ certs. ;)

Which router was it that was $10 at Staples?[/QUOTE]
I believe it's this one. I just need something to allow me to get on XBox Live and stay online with my PC at the same time and this looked like a great deal at $10.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I hate playing just about anything online unless I know who I'm playing. It seems everytime I go online, I either get cheaters, someone who plays cheaply or it's just not a fair match-up.[/QUOTE]

CSS noobs are the worst. They follow directly behind you, then stop in the only doorway blocking your escape. fucking ameteurs.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I hate playing just about anything online unless I know who I'm playing. It seems everytime I go online, I either get cheaters, someone who plays cheaply or it's just not a fair match-up.[/QUOTE]

That's why I tended to avoid the popular games and play the smaller mods like FA and a few others.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']CSS noobs are the worst. They follow directly behind you, then stop in the only doorway blocking your escape. fucking ameteurs.[/QUOTE]
AvP2 n00bs r the same...except they are the worst team players evar

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I believe it's this one. I just need something to allow me to get on XBox Live and stay online with my PC at the same time and this looked like a great deal at $10.[/QUOTE]

Hate to burst your bubble, though that's not a router, that's an access point.

Linksys that has WAP in their name are Wireless Access Points. The comparable router version of that access point would be the BEFW11S4.

Here's the XBL link to what they consider "compatible":
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/connect/routerlanding.htm#routers

Mine's near 5 years old and it works like a champ. Not on their list, since it was pre-XBL when it was being sold.

[quote name='shrike4242']Hate to burst your bubble, though that's not a router, that's an access point.

Linksys that has WAP in their name are Wireless Access Points. The comparable router version of that access point would be the BEFW11S4.

Here's the XBL link to what they consider "compatible":
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/connect/routerlanding.htm#routers

Mine's near 5 years old and it works like a champ. Not on their list, since it was pre-XBL when it was being sold.[/QUOTE]
One mistake there, it's this that's in the ad. And it's also on the list in the XBL link you provided as well, which works out nicely. Which my roommate is in need of a good wireless access point, as what this is since he's only got a laptop and can sometimes not get connection the local unsecured connections. I'm hoping this is much better and lasts longer than the netgear one that broke, which I need to call and get my money back from the warranty.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']One mistake there, it's this that's in the ad. And it's also on the list in the XBL link you provided as well, which works out nicely. Which my roommate is in need of a good wireless access point, as what this is since he's only got a laptop and can sometimes not get connection the local unsecured connections. I'm hoping this is much better and lasts longer than the netgear one that broke, which I need to call and get my money back from the warranty.[/QUOTE]

If it's that one in the ad, and it's $10, then it's a steal, even if it's 802.11B. BB would have it for $30 after rebates, and for that, you can find 802.11G for $40 AR without much issue.

An access point will just get a wireless device or devices onto an existing network, which means there would have to be a router for it to talk to somewhere on the network. The wireless outer takes care of that all at once, WAP & router.

If you have a wired router and hook in that AP above to the router, then it would work without any issues. Otherwise, you'd just want a router.

Which Netgear is it and how old is it?

[quote name='shrike4242']If it's that one in the ad, and it's $10, then it's a steal, even if it's 802.11B. BB would have it for $30 after rebates, and for that, you can find 802.11G for $40 AR without much issue.

An access point will just get a wireless device or devices onto an existing network, which means there would have to be a router for it to talk to somewhere on the network. The wireless outer takes care of that all at once, WAP & router.

If you have a wired router and hook in that AP above to the router, then it would work without any issues. Otherwise, you'd just want a router.

Which Netgear is it and how old is it?[/QUOTE]
It's this one and the main problem from what I can deduce is that the power cord is malfunctioning along with the router itself. When I'd unplug it to reset it, the lights on the front would just randomly come on each time I unplugged it. I've had it for about a year or so, luckily my mom bought the 2 or 4 year warranty (thought it was two, recepit says it expires in 2008 :?). I just need to call them, which I will in a minute, and they'll send the mailing stuff and I can mail it back and wait to get the gift card back. I may just hold off on this $10 router and get a free one as a result of the $80 or so gift card I'll be getting in return. Should I go for this quickly disappearing router or wait and get one for free as a result of this gift card and pick up either of the ones you and I have mentioned?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's this one and the main problem from what I can deduce is that the power cord is malfunctioning along with the router itself. When I'd unplug it to reset it, the lights on the front would just randomly come on each time I unplugged it. I've had it for about a year or so, luckily my mom bought the 2 or 4 year warranty (thought it was two, recepit says it expires in 2008 :?). I just need to call them, which I will in a minute, and they'll send the mailing stuff and I can mail it back and wait to get the gift card back. I may just hold off on this $10 router and get a free one as a result of the $80 or so gift card I'll be getting in return. Should I go for this quickly disappearing router or wait and get one for free as a result of this gift card and pick up either of the ones you and I have mentioned?[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about swapping it out on a Best Buy PRP (the replacement plan for electronics, like that router), it's only 2 years (I've never seen a PRP that wasn't 2 years), and the router has a 3 year warranty, according to Netgear:

http://www.netgear.com/pdf_docs/WGR614v5_ds_17Nov04.pdf

You can get it sent back to Netgear and they'll replace it or repair it at no charge to you if BB gives you crap on it. BB had no need to sell you the PRP on it, since it already had a 3 year warranty on it, though you'll get the purchase price + tax back on it, and it takes about a month to get it back from BB.

If you can get the 802.11B one from BB or Staples or someone else for $10, that'll work in the meantime.

You can either get it fixed through Netgear for free (shipping cost to them) or deal with BB and get your "money" back on it as a gift card. As it was $80 back then, and it's $60 now, $30 after rebate, you may want to deal with BB, since you'd get to give it back to them in spades for them selling you the warranty on a product that didn't need one.

Truth time:

I wish you kids didn't suck so hard, I wish you kids were cooler and had cooler shit happen to you, that way, it would make it all more interesting for not only me but for the rest of the people but as it is, you guys are serving up the weak sauce on my day off and it aint workin'.

Think before you post.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you're talking about swapping it out on a Best Buy PRP (the replacement plan for electronics, like that router), it's only 2 years (I've never seen a PRP that wasn't 2 years), and the router has a 3 year warranty, according to Netgear:

http://www.netgear.com/pdf_docs/WGR614v5_ds_17Nov04.pdf

You can get it sent back to Netgear and they'll replace it or repair it at no charge to you if BB gives you crap on it. BB had no need to sell you the PRP on it, since it already had a 3 year warranty on it, though you'll get the purchase price + tax back on it, and it takes about a month to get it back from BB.

If you can get the 802.11B one from BB or Staples or someone else for $10, that'll work in the meantime.

You can either get it fixed through Netgear for free (shipping cost to them) or deal with BB and get your "money" back on it as a gift card. As it was $80 back then, and it's $60 now, $30 after rebate, you may want to deal with BB, since you'd get to give it back to them in spades for them selling you the warranty on a product that didn't need one.[/QUOTE]

My mom got it at CC where it was on sale at the time, and that's where I took it a few months ago. They gave me the number I'd need to call so I can give them my mailing info so I can send it in. Then he said that they'd send me a gift card for the cost of the router + tax or whatever else they add to it and then I can do what I want with it there.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My mom got it at CC where it was on sale at the time, and that's where I took it a few months ago. They gave me the number I'd need to call so I can give them my mailing info so I can send it in. Then he said that they'd send me a gift card for the cost of the router + tax or whatever else they add to it and then I can do what I want with it there.[/QUOTE]

CC & BB do the same thing in this situation, saw the link from BB and assumed it was from there.

Since it was CC, I think they do 4 year swapout warranties, I think the speakers I bought for my Xbox have a 5 year one on it.

They'll send you a mailing label, you put it into a box, drop the box with the mailing label off at the PO and about a month later, you'll get a $80 + tax gift card in the mail. Might be for the best, since you'll get the same router for cheaper or a better router for something close to the same price.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Truth time:

I wish you kids didn't suck so hard, I wish you kids were cooler and had cooler shit happen to you, that way, it would make it all more interesting for not only me but for the rest of the people but as it is, you guys are serving up the weak sauce on my day off and it aint workin'.

Think before you post.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry we don't entertain you enough, Jimmie. I could tell you the tale of the epic D&D battle that happened last night. But I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']One mistake there, it's this that's in the ad. And it's also on the list in the XBL link you provided as well, which works out nicely. Which my roommate is in need of a good wireless access point, as what this is since he's only got a laptop and can sometimes not get connection the local unsecured connections. I'm hoping this is much better and lasts longer than the netgear one that broke, which I need to call and get my money back from the warranty.[/QUOTE]

THat's the router I'm using, and I've had no problems. For $10, it's a definite worthwhile pick-up.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I'm sorry we don't entertain you enough, Jimmie. I could tell you the tale of the epic D&D battle that happened last night. But I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear it.[/QUOTE]

Because his sitting around by himself at his computer insulting people he doesn't know on Internet forums is MUCH cooler than D&D. Bah, if he wants entertainment he can put a plastic bag over his head and see how long it takes to suffocate.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Looks like I'm driving out to Washintn the day after my birthday. That's gonna be a long ride.[/QUOTE]

I did the same drive, from Boston to Seattle. 3 and a half days, 3200 miles.

I took I-90 the whole way....except a few off turns. That was back in 1996.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Truth time:

Think before you post.[/QUOTE]
There's a reason why I don't talk about my days. ;)

Highlight so far: hitting up two Toys R Us stores in an attempt to find copies of Katamari Damacy and Sabrewulf. I don't have a job, or anything much to do with my time right now.

[quote name='kittie']That's boring.

I drove from Buffalo to Chatsworth. Well, I actually flew.[/QUOTE]

Where the fu(k is Chatsworth?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Looks like I'm driving out to Washintn the day after my birthday. That's gonna be a long ride.[/QUOTE]

And you'll be sooooo dissapointed when you get here.:D

[quote name='shrike4242']CC & BB do the same thing in this situation, saw the link from BB and assumed it was from there.

Since it was CC, I think they do 4 year swapout warranties, I think the speakers I bought for my Xbox have a 5 year one on it.

They'll send you a mailing label, you put it into a box, drop the box with the mailing label off at the PO and about a month later, you'll get a $80 + tax gift card in the mail. Might be for the best, since you'll get the same router for cheaper or a better router for something close to the same price.[/QUOTE]
Okay, just finished talking the computer service guy, or at least as far as my connection could hold. They can't refund the purchase, only repair or replace the router. They had to do a troubleshoot, which is when my phone dropped the call, and it wasn't working anyway. I'm even trying to set it up on my new PC and it's just too fucked up. I plug it in and get random stuff lighting up. I'd like to just get this thing sent it and either fixed or replaced, but that probably won't be close to happening until tomorrow, I guess. They do have a site for the city advantage thing, but my ticket number isn't working so I sent them an e-mail. Hopefully something is going to happen soon. Too bad they aren't as easy to deal with warranties as BB is.

[quote name='zionoverfire']And you'll be sooooo dissapointed when you get here.:D[/QUOTE]

I've been there already, and liked it a lot (not as much as NY though). This drive is for when I offically move. Once I leave, I'll be living there for at least eight months.

At least you're not going through Oklahoma, the highway/turnpike system there was confusing as hell. We almost got lost trying to find the right way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back