The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bostonfrontier']You know there really isn't a point to buying during this sale.......... about 90% of the games drop to about $30 after a month or so ( and especially when the Xbox 360 gets released in a month)[/QUOTE]

For me, typically I buy the games and don't get to them. So by the time I get around to playing them they are almost in the discount rack. But, if there are new "hot" releases that woun't fall in price for a while, then it's a stronger argument to get in there.

[quote name='aoLat']Your TRU most likely doesn't have Radiata Stories in stock, so pick another. :D[/QUOTE]
nope TRU doesnt carry Radiata Stories .

Just decided to pick up three copies of Dead to Rights 2, nothing else I really wanted at the $20 point. And there were a few copies left anyhow. I'm going to call over to Blockbuster and make sure they're getting $27 there (someone reported $24?), since it's basically next door, otherwise I will make the 20 minute drive to get the extra $3 each at GR. It'll be a lot easier if Blockbuster has the same prices, as I can do two today and go tomorrow and do another, no way I'd make it to Cleveland Heights twice in a week. Though I do have to pick up Mario Mix this week. Worst case I'll trade in one at Blockbuster for $24 and two at GR for $27.

And thanks for the heads up on Warrior Within, Scorch... it seemed to get good reviews, but if its similar but worse than Sands of Time, I guess there's no real reason to get it as well. And it was still tagged at $29.95, so I didn't want to bother checking.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']You know there really isn't a point to buying during this sale.......... about 90% of the games drop to about $30 after a month or so ( and especially when the Xbox 360 gets released in a month)[/QUOTE]

Not everyone has $400 to spend. And not to mention no Games. So I doubt they would drop prices on some games.

Imma get
Shadow of the Colossus
Fire Emblem
maybe either
Battlefield PS2
Call of Cthulhu
Stubbs

I dont like when people shit on others game picks. So what if they want a new release now, its their money to spend. Some people dont want to wait a few months for the game to drop $10-15. If you buy all $40 game that comes to $26.xx and $33.xx if they are all $50. Is it worth waiting several months to save $10?

so it is possible to get 3 games during the sale and take them back in the next month and get like 3 different games? or will they give u only $33 per game?

cuz i really want to get mario ddr(release 10/24) and mario party 7(release 11/7)

edit: also kirby, Prince of Persia 3, mario strikers, megaman x collection come out next month

I'm hoping for:

$50 games
Shining Force Neo (If TRU gets it in)
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Soul Calibur III

$40
Ratchet Deadlocked
Jak X: Combat Racing
Shadow of the Colussus or Full Metal Alchemist 2

dammit i still dont know what to get!!
maybe um
shadow of the colossus
dragon ball z teckachi
fire emblem
burnout revenge for the xbox

any recommendations like just about all genres as long its a good game!

Damn... Resident Evil 4 and DDR Mario Mix are definates... but I am still puzzled about a third game to get.... possible SC 3

I'm buy the whole TRU out! get your pickings fast your gonna see empty rows of games if you let me in first. best believe Im getting tons of games for sure1

Ahhhh! I want to pick up my online games before all the amazon snipers get to them. Need online codez! Only a few hours left...

[quote name='Pharrell1']I'm buy the whole TRU out! get your pickings fast your gonna see empty rows of games if you let me in first. best believe Im getting tons of games for sure1[/QUOTE]

You're going to buy multiple copies of every game?

Then what?

Swung by TRU tonight to get a 3 GT games for 9.97 each with the plan to price match tomorrow. When I opened one of the D2R2 Xbox I found a Imation CD-R CD and No Game. Has this ever happened to anyone here. Taking it back tomorrow and expect a hassle, but I know the store manager from back in the day when I worked there. He knows me well enough to know I wouldn't make the shit up to rip them off for $9...

Anyways Just a reminder if you need another game or are buying games in the $30 range consider the Gamecube Monkey Ball 2 pack or Sonic 2 pack at $29.99. They had a few of each left on the shelves. The 2 packs count as one game in the sale. SO you could grab both the sonic and monkey ball 2 packs with something like lego stars wars, end up walking away with 5 games for $60....

[quote name='Pharrell1']1400 Worth Of Games Baby Yeah Whats You Got To Say Now?[/QUOTE]

1. Congrats on having $1400 to spend on games.

2. What are you going to do with them? You surely aren't going to use multiple copies of the same game for personal consumption.

3. What titles did you buy?

[quote name='kjauburn']Anyways Just a reminder if you need another game or are buying games in the $30 range consider the Gamecube Monkey Ball 2 pack or Sonic 2 pack at $29.99. They had a few of each left on the shelves. The 2 packs count as one game in the sale. SO you could grab both the sonic and monkey ball 2 packs with something like lego stars wars, end up walking away with 5 games for $60....[/QUOTE]
DUDE

thank you SO much. i toootally forgot that i'd been waiting for a deal on that sonic adventure 1+2 package. DUDE. DUDE. THANK YOU.

I know I want SCIII and X-Men Legends 2 for xbox.
Anyone have a good idea for a third? I'm thinking battlefield 2, but how are the reviews looking on fire emblem?

Heh, my wife went today and picked up my games. I was planning to pay $150 and get the price adjusted later. To my surprise, they went ahead and gave her the buy 2 get 1 free sale today! Fire Emblem, Mario Baseball and Spiderman (to be returned for Dance Mario Mix later this week) all for a little over $100.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']1. Congrats on having $1400 to spend on games.

2. What are you going to do with them? You surely aren't going to use multiple copies of the same game for personal consumption.

3. What titles did you buy?[/QUOTE]

He's a troll. Ignore him. If you don't feed trolls, they'll go away :)

[quote name='CaoPi']how much is Ace Combat 5 now I saw it a couple of weeks green tag on 49.99?[/QUOTE]

Still $49.99GT. Unfortunately it wasn't dropped along with D2R2 and Xeno2, both also being Namco games.

[quote name='m0nkeybl1tz']I'm thinking RE4, Shadow of the Colossus, and a multiplayer game (SSX On Tour, BF 2: MC, SOCOM 3, etc.) Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

An excellent set of choices. RE4 is as good as the hype and it sounds like the game made the platform port pretty well... Shadow of Colossus has good pedigree and is generally well-reviewed... and you can't go wrong with some of the others you mentioned. SOCOM 3 is a safe choice, to be sure, especially if you like online play.

When I go to price adjust, I might pick up Jak X: Combat Racing, Blitz: The League, and a filler title to trade in for Ratchet: Deadlocked... not too sure yet about paying full price for any of those games though. Hopefully they aren't sold out of Jak X and Blitz by the time I get there Sunday, but the odds are slim, since they should have received tons of those.

The K-Mart I work at got no less then TEN Jak X's and 6 Blitz's, and we don't really sell alot of games. TRU probably got a ton.

A definite trio come Wednesday is Soul Calibur 3, Spartan, and Resident Evil 4 though.

I'm gonna pick up: Makai Kingdom, Digital Devil Saga 1, & Fire Emblem
Forza, Oddworld Strangers, & pm'd Far Cry Instincts
Shining Force Neo, Mario Baseball, & X-Men 2
KUF Heroes, Shadow of the Collossus, & Spartan

What is shipping on 3 games? Looks like around $6 according to the help section looks like. That is the price of gas to go up there and come back.

When I opened one of the D2R2 Xbox I found a Imation CD-R CD and No Game. Has this ever happened to anyone here. Taking it back tomorrow and expect a hassle, but I know the store manager from back in the day when I worked there. He knows me well enough to know I wouldn't make the shit up to rip them off for $9...

Whoa, did it have the seal across the sides and top of the game beneath the plastic wrap?

[quote name='Galanthas']Has Digital Devil Saga 2 shown up b&m yet? It still isn't available for purchase online.[/QUOTE]
TRU doesnt carry DDS2

I'm still not clear on whether its OK to bring a game back to exchange for a different game after the sale. This is opposed to the option where you only get $33 store credit.

[quote name='0192837465']Whoa, did it have the seal across the sides and top of the game beneath the plastic wrap?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the game had the seal on the side, but wrapping a game is easy with the right tools. Plus the seal could have been removed and placed back if done carefully.

So no online lists early this year I guess...

Man I really hope they have the games I want. My TRU was pretty hopeless. Didn't even have any Shadow of the Collosus out yet... Ugh WTH?

shit! ddr mario mix was delayed a week it looks like... now it wont be at TRU until the 25th... but i want to go tomorrow!! argh! why does it have to be this hard to choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back