The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Stingermck']Is this deal still available online through amazon? after applying the coupon code is says it doesn't apply to the items.[/QUOTE]

Very long story short:
I tried putting my order through on the phone with them because of my local stores not having any reasonable selection and the online ordering not working. It took 45 minutes to even get through to a person and ANOTHER 45-60 minutes talking to the lady to get my order. I'm not sure why she didn't know how to place an order. Although everything was initially working according to her, but in the end she told me nothing was available except for one game. She kept insisting on going by what was available "in-store" in surrounding states. At this point I asked if there was anything they could do to help me with this deal, since I'd been on the phone for so long (and yes, I was very patient and polite this whole time) and all she could do was apologize about the situation. So I said this is the last time I ever shop at Toysrus and ended the call. I don't think I've ever been so frustrated with customer service. In hindsight I should have talked to a superviser, but I had to get ready for a wedding, which I was almost late for because of this. I thought at least I could get a coupon or something since they were unable to place my order. It wasn't a matter of availabilty, since all the games are available in "24 Hours" online. It was a matter of incompetence.

[quote name='tayaf69']First, do your math....forget it....Ill do it for you.

3 games = 109.00 (after TN tax)

which means each games is....36.33.

However, I used gift cards on each purchase after the first one, so take $3.00 off per game.

Each game is $33.00

I sell Soul Calibur 3 on ebay for $45.00 plus 6.00 ship (only costs 3.85 to ship) so actually make it $47.15 after shipping. After ebay and paypal fees I am looking at 43.00 each game....

WHAT????? 10.00 a game isn't too shabby if you sell about 30 of them at a time. That's around 300.00 profit from a quick day's worth of selling. And yes, I do this ALL the time, and yes, It ALWAYS works.

Actually, I am selling DDR Mario Mix for $49.00 (going ebay rate for some reason) so you could tag on another 4.00 per game on those.

So, yes your math was wrong, but that's ok because I won't judge you. But, I wouldn't make mathematical statements or claims without more proof. Thanks.

You're telling me. She was being really nice. BUT, she did remember me from last years sell so she was being really cool.

I went back today for round 2....

3 more DDR Mario Mix
2 Fire Emblem - GC
1 more Soul Calibur 3. The guy gave me two gift cards today which I instantly used. I was surprised but he let me use them both on my last purchase (even the one that I was getting for that purchase).[/QUOTE]

Don't be a tard. I wasn't doing exact math. No way in hell you get $45 BEFORE shipping for the games. After, sure, before no chance. You might get lucky once in awhile but it's definitely not a regular thing.

I never said $10 per game isn't profit. If that was the case, it's awesome profit. But you'd get maybe $5 per game based on the average eBay sales.

If you shipped First class with delivery conf, it'd run you under $3 per item to ship and you'd save more.

Plus you have to take into account supply and demand. The eBay sales have probably been watered down from the TRU sale, so you won't make maximum profit. If you have 10 copies of SCIII, you might sell 2 for $40-$45, but the rest will gradually decline. a $40 game rarely sells for less then $36 before shipping. I have done this alot, too, so I know the way things usually work.

[quote name='tayaf69']First, do your math....forget it....Ill do it for you.

3 games = 109.00 (after TN tax)

which means each games is....36.33.

However, I used gift cards on each purchase after the first one, so take $3.00 off per game.

Each game is $33.00

I sell Soul Calibur 3 on ebay for $45.00 plus 6.00 ship (only costs 3.85 to ship) so actually make it $47.15 after shipping. After ebay and paypal fees I am looking at 43.00 each game....

WHAT????? 10.00 a game isn't too shabby if you sell about 30 of them at a time. That's around 300.00 profit from a quick day's worth of selling. And yes, I do this ALL the time, and yes, It ALWAYS works.

Actually, I am selling DDR Mario Mix for $49.00 (going ebay rate for some reason) so you could tag on another 4.00 per game on those.

So, yes your math was wrong, but that's ok because I won't judge you. But, I wouldn't make mathematical statements or claims without more proof. Thanks.

You're telling me. She was being really nice. BUT, she did remember me from last years sell so she was being really cool.

I went back today for round 2....

3 more DDR Mario Mix
2 Fire Emblem - GC
1 more Soul Calibur 3. The guy gave me two gift cards today which I instantly used. I was surprised but he let me use them both on my last purchase (even the one that I was getting for that purchase).[/QUOTE]

YOU SIR ARE A LIAR!

I submit for everyones consideration the following:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1404939#post1404939

Again, a SUPER QUICK list of some of the many games that I have. Should I sell them individually, or should I list them on this site as one sum? let me know please!!

My ebay id is TayAF69 if you want to check my rating

His current and closed ebay listings from now to 30 days ago:

Looks like not only did you lie about your prices when you talk shit to others BUT YOUR STUFF AINT SELLIN BUCKO! :D

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=30&userid=tayaf69&include=0&rows=50&sort=3&completed=1

actual listing of your argued example: SC3 42.99 + 6 shipping

actual items sold from the TRU deal: 0

He doesn't understand eBay. Who is going to come and buy SCIII for $43 (Buy it now or otherwise) when they can place a bid on one (that ends within hours) for $10-$15 less? The same applies for Mario DDR, except a higher price.

Ok, so this deal was pretty kind to me. I went in on the first day and picked these up:

Indigo Prophecy
NBA 2k6
Jak X (returned for RE 4)

The Warriors
Socom 3
Tony Hawk AW (returned for SC 3)

Jak and Daxter
Jak 3
MLB 2k5 World Series

I figured after this batch, I'd be all set. But then I started reading about the GT glitch, and I figured I'd go back and see how everything worked out. So I went in and picked up Phantom Brave, Guilty Gear Isuka, and Smackdown vs. Raw for a total of $30. Not bad. But wait, there's more! Then I read about the DTR2 trade-in thing at GameRush. So I went to a couple of local TRUs and picked up 13 copies of DTR2, as well as 2 copies of Ratchet Deadlocked, Blitz: The League, and 6 copies of TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. All this BEFORE realizing that Chicago doesn't have any GameRush locations around! So...I headed back to the first TRU to return the 6 copies of DTR2, and then to the other TRU to return the last 7 copies. No problems at the first store, and then while looking at the receipt from the second store, I realized that one of the DTR2's didn't get rung up, so I got it for free. When I got to the second store, I returned the copies of DTR2, and then also tried to return 2 copies of TimeSplitters and Ratchet. The clerk told me I wouldn't get back anything for 2 copies of DTR2 and Ratchet, and I told him that was fine because of the B2G1 deal. After I finish the return, he stops me from leaving, and hands me the copies of Ratchet and DTR2! Sweet! So to wrap all this up, I ended up with some free games...anybody looking to trade for DTR2 or TS3? Let me know =) Anyone else have situations like this come up when doing returns?

Some all star, eh?

You guys took the words right out of my mouth. I'm pretty used to selling games on eBay, and there's no way in HELL that he'd make $45 off each one. It's always a mixed bag on eBay...the value depreciates after a week or so. Point in case, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi. The day the game was released, it was selling for an average of $40-$45 on eBay. Only a week later, the auctions were ending at $35-$38.

[quote name='n00bie']Don't be a tard. I wasn't doing exact math. No way in hell you get $45 BEFORE shipping for the games. After, sure, before no chance. You might get lucky once in awhile but it's definitely not a regular thing.
[/QUOTE]
I guess I need proof then. Here are some people's sells over yesterday alone. There are a lot more, but I posted 4 of them to show that people ACTUALLY do pay these prices on ebay and that I am confident my games will sell. The games that don't sell? I will wait for Christmas and will make the rest of my money then. I already have a ton of rare games that I bought of the morning update thread over the past year that Im going to wait and sell.

Here are some links to people who sold it for around that much within the past day. Mine will sell, and I will post the links for you guys. Till then, here are some others. I did just sell a Xenosaga 2 for 12.99 plus 6.00 shipping so Im making around the same amount of profit on that. It's a start.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-PS2-S...229278956QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soul-Calibur-II...229397072QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Soul-...229644023QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (44.99!!!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soul-Calibur-II...229397065QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dance-Dance-Rev...229421968QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (this mario game just sold for 55.00!!!)
These were all yesterday. FYI

[quote name='$hady']YOU SIR ARE A LIAR!
actual items sold from the TRU deal: 0[/QUOTE]

How am I a liar? I just put these games on and don't expect them to sell until they have 12 or so hours left? Soul Calibur 3 needs to be on the front page. And I do sell games a lot on ebay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8221942210&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESO:IT&rd=1
I bought 6 Paper Mario 2 games from BB when they are marked at 9.99 and sold them on ebay for 25.99. That's a huge profit. So, yes I am used to doing this. I'm not trying to fight you on this, I just made a valid point earlier and wasn't expecting you to get frustrated. If you don't believe my sales then don't worry about it, think I'm a liar. But, as a fellow CAG, you should not criticize ebay sellers because they take advantage of deals.

[quote name='tayaf69']

How am I a liar? I just put these games on and don't expect them to sell until they have 12 or so hours left? Soul Calibur 3 needs to be on the front page. And I do sell games a lot on ebay!
[/QUOTE]

You are a liar because YOU LIED and based an arguement on your lie about the prices you sell OR dont sell stuff for.

I've been doing Ebay long enough to know that if you've got good prices people will find you. The 2 copys of BF2:MC I listed sold within the first 12 hours of the listing and presently the going rate is $3 cheaper than what I sold them for.

AND anyone can cherry pick a couple auctions from a list but you failed to list the MANY closed and currently running auctions with final prices much cheaper than yours...........

[quote name='hopesfall']Ok, so this deal was pretty kind to me. I went in on the first day and picked these up:

Indigo Prophecy
NBA 2k6
Jak X (returned for RE 4)

The Warriors
Socom 3
Tony Hawk AW (returned for SC 3)

Jak and Daxter
Jak 3
MLB 2k5 World Series

I figured after this batch, I'd be all set. But then I started reading about the GT glitch, and I figured I'd go back and see how everything worked out. So I went in and picked up Phantom Brave, Guilty Gear Isuka, and Smackdown vs. Raw for a total of $30. Not bad. But wait, there's more! Then I read about the DTR2 trade-in thing at GameRush. So I went to a couple of local TRUs and picked up 13 copies of DTR2, as well as 2 copies of Ratchet Deadlocked, Blitz: The League, and 6 copies of TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. All this BEFORE realizing that Chicago doesn't have any GameRush locations around! So...I headed back to the first TRU to return the 6 copies of DTR2, and then to the other TRU to return the last 7 copies. No problems at the first store, and then while looking at the receipt from the second store, I realized that one of the DTR2's didn't get rung up, so I got it for free. When I got to the second store, I returned the copies of DTR2, and then also tried to return 2 copies of TimeSplitters and Ratchet. The clerk told me I wouldn't get back anything for 2 copies of DTR2 and Ratchet, and I told him that was fine because of the B2G1 deal. After I finish the return, he stops me from leaving, and hands me the copies of Ratchet and DTR2! Sweet! So to wrap all this up, I ended up with some free games...anybody looking to trade for DTR2 or TS3? Let me know =) Anyone else have situations like this come up when doing returns?[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='Sway']The coupon was available at the front of my store, should be the same for yours. They might have it at the register as well. Just spend $75 and get a $10 gift card free, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

Congrats to all who were able to get the gift card. The coupon that I picked up states it is only valid Oct. 30 - Nov. 23, so I couldn't use it during the b2g1 (I didn't try, though. None of my purchases totaled $75). Does yours state the same? Yet another mixup/glitch at TRU?

the coupon says 30th. But signs were posted all over the store, so i got 1. I probably couldve gotten two on Friday too, but didn't say anything because of the date on the coupon.

[quote name='tayaf69']I bought 6 Paper Mario 2 games from BB when they are marked at 9.99 and sold them on ebay for 25.99. That's a huge profit. So, yes I am used to doing this. I'm not trying to fight you on this, I just made a valid point earlier and wasn't expecting you to get frustrated. If you don't believe my sales then don't worry about it, think I'm a liar. But, as a fellow CAG, you should not criticize ebay sellers because they take advantage of deals.[/QUOTE]

You know, that really sucks. I'm one of (I'm sure more than a few) people that wanted Paper Mario 2 from Best Buy to be able to play it. That's why I enjoy this site: Cheap Ass Gamer, for those who want to play games. Not "Cheap Ass Dealer, for those who are trying to make a quick buck."

Yeah yeah, there's no "rules" on how you use this site... but don't expect to be popular here, tayaf69. I wouldn't be surprised if it came to the point that other CAGs went on ebay to make "purchases" from you and then left negative feedback... nah, I take that back, that'd be too mean of them and we're better than that.

[quote name='rukasu']You know, that really sucks. I'm one of (I'm sure more than a few) people that wanted Paper Mario 2 from Best Buy to be able to play it. That's why I enjoy this site: Cheap Ass Gamer, for those who want to play games. Not "Cheap Ass Dealer, for those who are trying to make a quick buck."

Yeah yeah, there's no "rules" on how you use this site... but don't expect to be popular here, tayaf69. I wouldn't be surprised if it came to the point that other CAGs went on ebay to make "purchases" from you and then left negative feedback... nah, I take that back, that'd be too mean of them and we're better than that.[/QUOTE]

I would tend to agree, in principle. While scooping up games on the cheap and re-selling them on eBay is certainly legal, I'm reasonably sure that swooping in and grabbing several copies of a game to re-sell them at a profit is not what CheapyD had in mind when he established this site. I keep tabs on CAG because I live my life on a budget and it has helped me secure great deals on games I want to play.

That all being said, I don't always get this re-sell tactic. Going in right at opening to buy multiple copies of a game, going home, composing a listing on eBay, and shipping it out to multiple people is all time consuming enough that I'm not sure the cost-benefit is worth it. Sure, he grossed $50 selling 3 copies of Paper Mario, but he spent several hours + gas + eBay fees doing it. In my middle-class job I net that same amount (after taxes) in about 3 1/2 hours.

[quote name='tayaf69']WHAT????? 10.00 a game isn't too shabby if you sell about 30 of them at a time. That's around 300.00 profit from a quick day's worth of selling. And yes, I do this ALL the time, and yes, It ALWAYS works.[/QUOTE]

How about getting a job that is more socially productive than reselling shit on eBay? Just a thought.

[quote name='illennium']How about getting a job that is more socially productive than reselling shit on eBay? Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Because he doesn't have to report Ebay on his unemployment claims. :lol:

Everyone say good day to him and knock off the witch hunt, this is a TRU thread.

I'll start...

TO YOU I SAY GOOD DAY!!

i was going to grab 2 copies of Digital devil saga deluxe for 55 and 1 Fire for the gamecube BUT they only had 1 Saga and couldnt find a 3rd game

[quote name='$hady']Because he doesn't have to report Ebay on his unemployment claims. :lol:

Everyone say good day to him and knock off the witch hunt, this is a TRU thread.

I'll start...

TO YOU I SAY GOOD DAY!![/QUOTE]
Too true! :rofl: Just read my sig folks, this is why I have it, it's people like him that make CAG a very little fun place to be. He puts the A in CAG. First lying and being disproven, then trying to type up a really long excuse like he's smart or credible and trying to give "proof" that he's successful. You sir, need to get out of the basement more often and get a job and a girlfriend.

So for all the people who bought games hoping to trade them when TRU has games in stock that they want. I'm going to believe that it's based on the 30 return/exchange policy and not a 14 thing that was rumored. Since they did not put out a disclaimer on a 14 policy for games bought during the sale, they would legally be bound by the print on the receipt (30 days). And I have 2 copies of Ace Combat 5 (GT'ed but rumored to be valued at full when returning or exchanging it) hoping to hold out and trade one in soon for Warriors and another in 16 days from now for NFS:MW.

Oh, to give my account and to see if anyone had similar shopping experience. I went to my TRU on Wednesday and got Ace Combat 5 and 2 copies of RE4 since they didn't have Shadow in stock and the guy at the register suggested I buy two RE4's and just exchange one when they get Shadow in sometime (hopefully within 30 days! :razz: ). Then on Friday I went back and got Time Splitters FP xbox (wasn't this supposed to be GT?? Or is it for another system that's GT?), Ace Combat 5, and Burnout revenge hoping to get BR for free and pay $50 for the two games. Instead I get BR for free and pay $80 for the two games and noticed that TS:FP was full $49.99. No biggy since I can still use it to trade in for another games at $50... just disappointed that I got my info wrong and bought a $50 game for no reason. It's been a while since paying more than $30 for once single game! :lol: So that's my two shopping trips, I got RE4 and BR for free and have 4 games awaiting exchanging. Oh well, and I'm really hoping it's ok to trade the two AC5's for the aforementioned games that I listed if the GT's are in fact listed for full value when exchanging or returning (someone said in the middle of this thread that they exchanged a GT game for Soul Calibur 3). Here's hoping :pray:

I know the sale is over, but listen to the deal I got on RE4 for the PS2. I know the sale was over but I really wanted the RE4 PS2 copy. I walk to the security desk where the videogames are kept. I ask someone for RE4 because it wasn't on the shelf. The guy asks the manager about RE4. He goes to the back and come back with one. He asks me if I want to check out. "Sure," I said. He says they haven't put these out yet because the sku's aren't in their system yet. He rings me up, and scans some sheet with barcodes on it. Price for RE4 PS2: 19.99! HOLY SHIT! On the reciept RE4 does not show up, in its places is BBP Plan.

Talk about a great DAY!

[quote name='Dante Devil']I know the sale is over, but listen to the deal I got on RE4 for the PS2. I know the sale was over but I really wanted the RE4 PS2 copy. I walk to the security desk where the videogames are kept. I ask someone for RE4 because it wasn't on the shelf. The guy asks the manager about RE4. He goes to the back and come back with one. He asks me if I want to check out. "Sure," I said. He says they haven't put these out yet because the sku's aren't in their system yet. He rings me up, and scans some sheet with barcodes on it. Price for RE4 PS2: 19.99! HOLY SHIT! On the reciept RE4 comes up with BBP Plan.

Talk about a great DAY![/QUOTE]

I hate you. RE4 for PS2 for $19.99 is amazing. :sad:

That is pretty sweet.. I'd like to see the Ada stuff so I'd buy the PS2 version of RE4 for $20 even though I own (and love) the Gamecube version.

[quote name='viewtiful7']yea it was Future Perfect for Gamecube that was green tagged.[/QUOTE]
Oh well. Anyone think the game is any good even? Or should I just stick my plan and trade it for something better that's worth $50? I can get TS:FP for a LOT less on ebay already. ;) Heck, maybe I'll even buy someone's TS:FP so they can make a $45 profit on ebay! :lol:

[quote name='viewtiful7']That is pretty sweet.. I'd like to see the Ada stuff so I'd buy the PS2 version of RE4 for $20 even though I own (and love) the Gamecube version.[/QUOTE]

I have the GCN version as well. I was willing to pay 39.99 for it. I really can't believe I got it for that price! Insane! I love TRU!

[quote name='Dante Devil']Here is the pic of the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I wouldn't be surprised if someone lost their job over that one.... Selling a $25.00 BPP with nothing on it? May take them awhile to find out their count on RE4 is off too.. but wow, they didn't catch it on the register? Holy jeez...

And on the topic of re-selling... I have to agree with the majority. I don't see the benefit of it. Get a real job and you'll make just as much or more with less effort.

I buy games to play them. I look for deals to save money to spend on other things. People who snatch up every copy of a cheap game with the intention of profiting ruins it for the true gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back