The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had quite the "adventure" today...so to speak. Alright, well here's the story: I called up TRU this morning to see if they had Soul Calibur III in stock. Sure enough, they just got them in. So then my journey begins...TRU was pretty much sold out of all the good games. I ended up getting Soul Calibur III, Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi, and got another copy of DBZ: Tenkaichi for free. To make things even better, I had a 20% off TRU coupon that I got in the mail-- BOOYAH! There was a problem, however. I already own the DBZ game! So I went over to the store I work at (GameStop), and returned one of the copies of DBZ that I just bought from TRU...thankfully I had the original receipt that I got from buying the game at my store. I exchanged it for Resident Evil 4 on the PS2.

But I still had an extra copy of DBZ...what was I going to do with that?? I didn't want to sell it on eBay, because I'd probably lose a lot of profit. My friend wants a copy of Shadow of the Colossus for his birthday this week, so I thought to myself, "Why don't I just try exchanging it for a copy of Shadow at another store without a receipt?" This is only the beginning of the story, my friends. So first I went next door to Target to see if they had SoTC in stock. Guess what? They didn't have it. You wanna know why? Because Target sucks, that’s why. Then I went to their customer service, and the sign specifically said that you're not allowed to make returns or exchanges without a receipt. So I got the hell out of there. Next, I went over to the mall. I first hit up Sears...They had SoTC! Now would my sorry excuse work? Being the idiot that I am, I forgot to see if Sears even carried the DBZ game. Well, they didn't. The employee had to call up someone else, but the guy said they can take the game back as long as it's resell-able. *Whew* After that, the employee told me that I could exchange it, but since SoTC is $10 less than DBZ, I wouldn't be able to get the difference without a receipt. I refused the offer, and went elsewhere.

So then I went to FYE...they HAD SoTC, but wouldn't do an exchange without a receipt either. EB Games and Sam Goody were sold out of SoTC. Then I went to Best Buy...they were sold out of SoTC. GOD DAMMIT. Every place was either sold out of SoTC, or didn't have it in stock. The ones that DID wouldn't let me do a direct exchange. After that, I went to Circuit City...my only hope! YES! They had one last copy of SoTC left. Circuit City has pulled through for me in the past, would they deliver today!? Nope. The bastards wouldn't let me exchange DBZ without a receipt either. So I pretty much went to every possible store in my area that carried video games. I suppose it's understandable that they wouldn't let me exchange the game since people like me would abuse the system.

I came home all disappointed, ready to sell the game on eBay. But wait; there was one last store left! It's only my favoritest store, Fred Meyer. Why, you ask? Not only is Fred Meyer a grocery store, they have freakin' everything...from toys, sporting goods, clothes, shoes, plants, housing goods, a bank, and best of all...an electronics section (a very good one at that). So I called them up and asked if I could exchange a game without a receipt. They told me that I could as long as it's sealed! WOOHOO! I then rushed over to Fred Meyers...but wait, they were sold out of SoTC. NOOOOOOO! When I returned DBZ, they gave me a gift card...better than nothing I suppose. But something just hit me then and there. I saved about $75 today from all the nonsense that I had to do, so why not just buy a Nintendo DS from Fred Meyer? They had the one I wanted (Electric Blue). I've been meaning to buy a DS for awhile, so it was decided...I bought a DS with Mario 64. Best of all, Fred Meyers was having a 15% off sale on video game software, and my friend also gave me a $5 off card awhile back. I saved myself some extra cash. I pretty much only paid about $65 for a DS after all my savings today. Gotta love it! Tomorrow, I'll be picking up Trauma Center and Castlevania for DS!

So, what did I learn from all this? Never try returning/exchanging a game, or anything for that matter without a receipt...unless there's a Fred Meyer near you. Fred Meyer, I love you!

Yeah, you gotta watch target and circuit city with returns now. The only way they'll let you return w/o a receipt is if you paid by credit/debit, which they use to look up your receipt in their system. It's rather convenient, however, since I had to return something to Target last week, but my dumbass left the receipt at home and target is a good hour away.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']got bad news, it appears as if the green tag glitch has been fixed. I tried getting DTR 2, xenosaga II and capcom as the free game, ringing them in that order, and the computer made Xeno II the free game.

I also tried at another toys r us.

these where both at the everett (the first one, dtr2 and xeno 2) and at lynnwood, wa.[/QUOTE]
Haha, you serious? I was at the Lynnwood TRU just today.

[quote name='SEGA128DC'] Well, I got some SNK goodness...:D

The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Maniax (Xbox) $39.99
The King of Fighters 2002 & 2003 (Xbox) $39.99
Metal Slug 4 & 5 (Xbox) FREE
[/QUOTE]
A very good selection...Gotta love KOF and MS. I give your purchases two thumbs up! ;)

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, you gotta watch target and circuit city with returns now. The only way they'll let you return w/o a receipt is if you paid by credit/debit, which they use to look up your receipt in their system. It's rather convenient, however, since I had to return something to Target last week, but my dumbass left the receipt at home and target is a good hour away.[/QUOTE]

There's always WalMart!

^^walmart ftw.

lol same as last year, i made 2 runs.

(i also got a few green tags this year, so i'm done on games till xmas!)

Shadow of the Colossus
Fire Emblem
Winning Eleven 8
Thief (xbox) 15$

Soul Calibur 3
God of War
The Warriors (to be exchanged for either GTA: LCS or DQ8...not sure yet =) )
Xenosaga 2 $10

all in all a good sale... all my extra cash spent tho...same as last year >_>

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but a lot of the games on sale online have free shipping now. Of course, now they don't have Mario Power Tennis :(

btw, the same thing happened last year. If you guys ordered earlier this week, you might want to try and contact Amazon to get your shipping charges refunded. It worked for several folks last year.[/QUOTE]

I tried to take advantage of the free shipping but got an error code at checkout. Looks like the online sale is over.

[quote name='Darius Rucker']I tried to take advantage of the free shipping but got an error code at checkout. Looks like the online sale is over.[/QUOTE]

Ack. Let's hope the sale is still going on in-store. I haven't done my shopping yet. =(

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']Ack. Let's hope the sale is still going on in-store. I haven't done my shopping yet. =([/QUOTE]

It's still good in-store until Saturday.

I was mistaken about the glitch - it's still on - damn .95 and .99 thing...

anyways

grabbed

Conkers bad fur day
Guilt Gear Isuka (GT)
Demon Stone (GT)

for a total of $30 - not bad methinks.

[quote name='The_Continental']green tag glitch is fixed at my store (tallahassee)...

Picked up Shadow of the Colossus, RE4 (ps2) and Indigo Prophecy...

So far SotC is very impressive...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tendoboy']Tried to have Best Buy price match.......got some knuckle head that took up to 30 minutes to discuss this w/ everyone in the store, then tried to say that DDR would not qualify as it came w/ the controller. I got pissed, and had him look it up and showed him it was the same price. He got the manager, I told them to forget it.............I told them I never had this trouble at my home town location. She (the manager) finally stated that they would do it............so as I was already pissed, I whipped out two $5 off GGC's and you'd thought I shot the guy's dog. He stated "This is double dipping", again, I never had this issue w/ my home store, he ran off again and came back stating that he couldnt do it------------I got my ad and left. I'll try at another store.................[/QUOTE]

uh, I think that is double dipping........ you are pushing your luck man

[quote name='Kerig']Splinter Cell is $29.99 GT ($15), IIRC
Xenosaga II is $19.99 GT ($10), and they're ALWAYS marked $39 or $49 at my stores, lol.[/QUOTE]
So is Splinter cell CT GT'ed at $29.99 or $49.99? And is that for xbox also? Can anyone confirm that for me? I'm really trying to make a good list to use the GT on before the sale is over and right now I got a good list to go. Someone buy it with the GT glitch? Thanks a lot!

[quote name='jjz203']So is Splinter cell CT GT'ed at $29.99 or $49.99? And is that for xbox also? Can anyone confirm that for me? I'm really trying to make a good list to use the GT on before the sale is over and right now I got a good list to go. Someone buy it with the GT glitch? Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

Make a mental note that Xenosaga 2 is 19.95, not 19.99 lke Kerig stated., if you are planning on GT glitching with it.

[quote name='sp00ge']Make a mental note that Xenosaga 2 is 19.95, not 19.99 lke Kerig stated., if you are planning on GT glitching with it.[/QUOTE]
Eh, already bought it back when BB dropped it to $19.99 and I used the $5BB coupon with the $5 pricegrabber rebate so I paid about $10 for it anyway. Thanks for the heads up though. I just want to figure out SC:CT so I can make a bigger list if it's $49.99 GT, otherwise I'll just stick with Forza and Oddworld Stranger if it's $29.99 GT. :razz:

I knew beforehand I wouldn't get a price match, but I had to have a little fun at the CC next door to TRU.

I bought three copies of Xenosaga II for $21.14 from TRU. (Don't cry hoard. I left several.)

I walked over to the CC next door and searched for Xenosaga II.

I found one of several with a $49.99 sticker, picked it up and walked over to customer service.

I handed the game and my 5 minute old TRU receipt to the CSR and said, "I'm curious how generous you want to be on a price match."

The CSR took both and naturally left the area to find a manager to discredit the need for a price match.

10 minutes later, another man returned and asked if I was the one wanting a price match.

I said, "Yes, let's hear your excuse for no pricematching."

He replied, "Well, the TRU website has this game for $39.99 and you don't have any documentation that $10 is the actual price of the game. The best I could do is match the Buy 2, Get 1 Free for $39.99."

I laughed at him, took my receipt back and said, "That's quite all right. Goodbye."

I think CC pricematch guarantee should be:

"At Circuit City, we'll pricematch any competitor so long as the competitor has the item in stock at every branch within 200 miles, advertises the price on the Internet, radio, TV and courier pigeon, your receipt is less than 5 minutes old and you win 9 out of 13 coin tosses.
That's our promise. "

[quote name='maxgle']can someone quickly educate me what's the difference between the game that end with .95 and one with .99?[/QUOTE]

4 cents.

Sorry, I had to.

But to give the answer you actually wanted, it has to do with the GT glitch. if the GT games are $19.95 each (before discount), but the full-price game you have them ring up last is $19.99, then the register gives one of the GT games for free, because $19.99 > $19.95. If, however, the GT games are each (before 50% off) equal to or greater than the price of the last game, then the last one will be the one that rings up free.

Late last year I bought an HDTV from CC for about $1700. The following week, the price of the TV dropped to $1500, so I went in with my receipt demanding to price match.

The manager refused to credit back the $200 difference because I only brought in the receipt, but not the TV itself. That asshole actually expected me to lug that 500 lb. widescreen TV back to the store just so I could then lug it back to my house.

When I asked him what the fuck difference it made if I brought the tv in or not, he told me that he "needed to know that I still owned the TV and hadn't sold it."

Why the shit it matters if I still owned the TV didn't, and still doesn't make any sense to me, but regardless, I haven't done any business with that CC since.

I'd never been so close to raising my fists to a store manager in my whole life.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
"At Circuit City, we'll pricematch any competitor so long as the competitor has the item in stock at every branch within 200 miles, advertises the price on the Internet, radio, TV and courier pigeon, your receipt is less than 5 minutes old and you win 9 out of 13 coin tosses.
That's our promise. "[/QUOTE]

[quote name='maxgle']can someone quickly educate me what's the difference between the game that end with .95 and one with .99?[/QUOTE]

$0.04?

Sorry, I just don't realize why this is so difficult, but I'll try to explain.

1. B2G1F gives you your lowest priced game free.
2. GT games are counted towards B2G1F at their pre `50% off' price.

So, if you're trying to get a normal $x9.99 game with the `GT glitch', make sure that your GT game(s) are scanned first and they end in .99. Or more simply, just make sure that your GT game(s) original price is at least as much or more than the normal game you're getting.

[quote name='The_Continental']Late last year I bought an HDTV from CC for about $1700. The following week, the price of the TV dropped to $1500, so I went in with my receipt demanding to price match.

The manager refused to credit back the $200 difference because I only brought in the receipt, but not the TV itself. That asshole actually expected me to lug that 500 lb. widescreen TV back to the store just so I could then lug it back to my house.

When I asked him what the fuck difference it made if I brought the tv in or not, he told me that he "needed to know that I still owned the TV and hadn't sold it."

Why the shit it matters if I still owned the TV didn't, and still doesn't make any sense to me, but regardless, I haven't done any business with that CC since.

I'd never been so close to raising my fists to a store manager in my whole life.[/QUOTE]

That manager was an ass. There is nothing in the policy about having to bring the item in, he just wanted to make it hard for you to get your money back. I'd have raised hell and gone to someone higher up for that much money.

After I left the store I made a formal complaint with CC corporate over the phone, ...but surprise surprise, no follow-up.

[quote name='guessed']That manager was an ass. There is nothing in the policy about having to bring the item in, he just wanted to make it hard for you to get your money back. I'd have raised hell and gone to someone higher up for that much money.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The_Continental']Why the shit it matters if I still owned the TV didn't, and still doesn't make any sense to me, but regardless, I haven't done any business with that CC since.

I'd never been so close to raising my fists to a store manager in my whole life.[/QUOTE]

Damn...

At that point I would have told him that I certainly did still own the TV, but wouldn't as soon as I could drag the fucking thing back and return it. It certainly dosen't matter if you still own the TV or not. It just matters that you _bought_ it.

I had someone at a CC directly lie to me when I was trying to pricematch a game from TRU last year. They `called' the TRU, and then claimed that the person on the other end told them that the game had sold out `instantly' and that they weren't getting any more in. This was on a Wednesday, and I had seen at least two copies there on Tuesday night. At the time I thought that it was screwy, since it was a game that TRU had `on sale/clearance' for months. Sure enough, I dropped by the TRU on Friday and there were the same two copies of the game that I'd seen before... It still pisses me off when I think about it.

The deal continues to suck. Went yestreday and guess what RE4 and Ratched Deadlocked were SOLD OUT!!!!!! I tried 2 different TRU's with same results.

Even worse these games don't work online I have no idea why TRU really sucks when it comes to updating things.

My CC won't pricematch anything greentag because they don't pricematch clearance items. They would only pricematch whatever the price is before greentag. I've tried pricematching the B2G1F before too, no go there either because it's a promo deal only going on for 1 week, they would only do it if the B2G1F was going on all the time. But if TRU had these deals all the time I'd never go to CC anyways.

So basically, I think what CC was telling me is that if I don't want to spend at least $20 for 1 game, to go somewhere else. I've had much more luck at my local BB with PM'ing places AND being allowed to get the 10% difference as well as being able to use a GGC.

[quote name='The_Continental']Late last year I bought an HDTV from CC for about $1700... I'd never been so close to raising my fists to a store manager in my whole life.[/QUOTE]
#1 I would have just kept threatening up the ladder until SOMEONE gives me a credit for the difference. #2 I try to empathize since I've done retail before but sometimes it's just a matter of the employee not having the balls to tell you to your face what the real reason is... and in THAT sort of case, I would just buy a lot of stuff and make it real complicated. Then return ALL of it just to give them a lot of work and to make their day. :lol: Then if you really want gratification, if you know when the customer service rep is in at the store, buy MORE stuff and return it to give them even more work. And make sure it's a big line after you get in so then there will be a huge line building and waiting and getting angrier by the minute. So when you leave, you can look back at the big line and smile at the rep and say "well, I hope you think twice about not giving me my credit." :rofl: Ok, so you need to have a lot of time to kill to do something like that, but can you think of a better way to get back at em? :razz:

[quote name='buster90']The deal continues to suck. Went yestreday and guess what RE4 and Ratched Deadlocked were SOLD OUT!!!!!! I tried 2 different TRU's with same results.

Even worse these games don't work online I have no idea why TRU really sucks when it comes to updating things.[/QUOTE]
I'd be willing to hook people up but I'm just not sure how this trader stuff works. My TRU has craploads of RE4 and other games, just not Shadow of Colossus. Otherwise, they even have a lot of the GT games which is why I'm trying to compile a really sweet list so I can get the shopping done by tonight. :lol:

[quote name='guessed']4 cents.

Sorry, I had to.

But to give the answer you actually wanted, it has to do with the GT glitch. if the GT games are $19.95 each (before discount), but the full-price game you have them ring up last is $19.99, then the register gives one of the GT games for free, because $19.99 > $19.95. If, however, the GT games are each (before 50% off) equal to or greater than the price of the last game, then the last one will be the one that rings up free.[/QUOTE]

thank you and I knew that 4 cent is inevitable. lol

[quote name='guessed']That manager was an ass. There is nothing in the policy about having to bring the item in, he just wanted to make it hard for you to get your money back. I'd have raised hell and gone to someone higher up for that much money.[/QUOTE]

I bought my parents a TV from CC a couple years ago for christmas and afterward there was a $30 price drop right after Christmas. I brought in the receipt and they were fine about giving me the difference on a gift card. Maybe because the price difference was $200 that you got shafted.

[quote name='jjz203']So is Splinter cell CT GT'ed at $29.99 or $49.99? And is that for xbox also? Can anyone confirm that for me? I'm really trying to make a good list to use the GT on before the sale is over and right now I got a good list to go. Someone buy it with the GT glitch? Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

I believe the GC version of Chaos Theory is the only one GT'ed. I would like to know if the pre-discount price has dropped, though -- I thought it was $49.99. Can anyone confirm the price?

Edit: I just found a post from 2 days ago that seemed to indicate it was still $49.99 pre-discount, so I think Kerig was probably mistaken.

[quote name='joeposh']I got Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Green Tagged), DDR Mario, and Day of Reckoning 2 for about 79 bucks.

I didn't go in intending to try out the green tag glitch, but when she couldn't find the gamecube shipment of Spartan: Total Warrior, I couldn't find another 50 buck game that I really wanted... so I decided to give Chaos Theory a go, seeing as I had been wanting to pick it up for a while anyway.. and I'm quite glad I did ;)

Sweet deal, thanks guys![/QUOTE]

So far, I've gotten every game I've wanted to get from this sale except for Shadow of the Colossus and Radiata Stories. It seems that those two games sold out the first game of the sale. So I'll probably pick up filler games and exchange for them once these games get back in stock.

Made one final run.... Picked up:

Samurai Legend Musashi (19.95GT)
Tron 2.0: Killer App (19.95GT)
X-men Legends (19.95 Regular Price)

After buying my wife a stuffed flower and donating $1 to Toys for Tots, the total was still only $23.00.

On a side note, my TRU has a crapload of new games. One benefit of living in a podunk town, I guess. I would hook people up with some of these games, but company policy prohobits buying and reselling by employees. Can't afford to risk my job (Being it's only a PT second job) over something so menial.

BTW, for those of you guys buying newer games, both TRUs I hit today were having a promotion for a free $10 Gift Card with a purchase of $75 or more w/in-store coupon. I think it was affiliated with the 'bit toy book'(?) but it was a separate insert and there were huge signs inside and outside the stores promoting it.

It effectively brings down $40 games like Shadow of Colossus to $23. The insert was separate from the toy book, but it was about the same size as a page of it, so it was pretty big. Restricitons were light(I think it excluded diapers and gift cards) so video games should be fine.

also, all halloween stuff was 50% off(masks, costumes, candy) at both stores already, in case some of you guys have kids, that might be a nice deal.

Okay, i just looked at the GT list of games and Spinter cell CT and Time splitters FP are not on the list for gc. how are you getting them GT?

[quote name='italianstallion']another question, what games that are $50 are green tagged? anybody have a list?[/QUOTE]

The only two that I know of are Ace Combat 5 (PS2) and Cold Fear (PS2 and Xbox).

[quote name='rxdoga']Has anyone seen Shining Force Neo, Radiata Stories or Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 at thier TRU?[/QUOTE]

No, I haven't seen any of those. I know some people have picked up SFN, but no go at two stores for me.

looked for all 3 - denied on all 3

[quote name='rxdoga']Has anyone seen Shining Force Neo, Radiata Stories or Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 at thier TRU?[/QUOTE]

Radiata Stories yes, the other two no sale. I have been looking for SFN, too.

[quote name='MadFlava']So far, I've gotten every game I've wanted to get from this sale except for Shadow of the Colossus and Radiata Stories. It seems that those two games sold out the first game of the sale. So I'll probably pick up filler games and exchange for them once these games get back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Tons of Shadow at my TRU. The manager there said TRU doesn't PM anymore (I tried to PM Farcry) and also said that you can only trade in games for others until the end of the sale. I call BS on both counts, anyone know for sure?

[quote name='The_Continental']After I left the store I made a formal complaint with CC corporate over the phone, ...but surprise surprise, no follow-up.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but you basically wussed out. I don't mean that as an insult, seriously. I would have stayed in store and made a scene (within reason, hehe) and demanded to speak to his boss. There is no rule stating the TV has to be brought in. What if it was a gift and you no longer have it. What if your house burnt down? What if it was stolen, but also you are right, big deal if you sold it or not.

That manager should be fired.

I just came back from picking up RE4, Ratchet: Deadlocked and Metal Slug 4/5 (+ $10 gift card!) and saw:

- an actual copy of Shining Force NEO
- a `display copy' of Radiata Stories (no real ones)
- absolutely squat for Digital Devil Saga _2_ (they had 1, along with Makai Kingdom)

[quote name='y2kenjination']I had quite the "adventure" today...so to speak. Alright, well here's the story: I called up TRU this morning to see if they had Soul Calibur III in stock. Sure enough, they just got them in. So then my journey begins...TRU was pretty much sold out of all the good games. I ended up getting Soul Calibur III, Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi, and got another copy of DBZ: Tenkaichi for free. To make things even better, I had a 20% off TRU coupon that I got in the mail-- BOOYAH! There was a problem, however. I already own the DBZ game! So I went over to the store I work at (GameStop), and returned one of the copies of DBZ that I just bought from TRU...thankfully I had the original receipt that I got from buying the game at my store. I exchanged it for Resident Evil 4 on the PS2.

But I still had an extra copy of DBZ...what was I going to do with that?? I didn't want to sell it on eBay, because I'd probably lose a lot of profit. My friend wants a copy of Shadow of the Colossus for his birthday this week, so I thought to myself, "Why don't I just try exchanging it for a copy of Shadow at another store without a receipt?" This is only the beginning of the story, my friends. So first I went next door to Target to see if they had SoTC in stock. Guess what? They didn't have it. You wanna know why? Because Target sucks, that’s why. Then I went to their customer service, and the sign specifically said that you're not allowed to make returns or exchanges without a receipt. So I got the hell out of there. Next, I went over to the mall. I first hit up Sears...They had SoTC! Now would my sorry excuse work? Being the idiot that I am, I forgot to see if Sears even carried the DBZ game. Well, they didn't. The employee had to call up someone else, but the guy said they can take the game back as long as it's resell-able. *Whew* After that, the employee told me that I could exchange it, but since SoTC is $10 less than DBZ, I wouldn't be able to get the difference without a receipt. I refused the offer, and went elsewhere.

So then I went to FYE...they HAD SoTC, but wouldn't do an exchange without a receipt either. EB Games and Sam Goody were sold out of SoTC. Then I went to Best Buy...they were sold out of SoTC. GOD DAMMIT. Every place was either sold out of SoTC, or didn't have it in stock. The ones that DID wouldn't let me do a direct exchange. After that, I went to Circuit City...my only hope! YES! They had one last copy of SoTC left. Circuit City has pulled through for me in the past, would they deliver today!? Nope. The bastards wouldn't let me exchange DBZ without a receipt either. So I pretty much went to every possible store in my area that carried video games. I suppose it's understandable that they wouldn't let me exchange the game since people like me would abuse the system.

I came home all disappointed, ready to sell the game on eBay. But wait; there was one last store left! It's only my favoritest store, Fred Meyer. Why, you ask? Not only is Fred Meyer a grocery store, they have freakin' everything...from toys, sporting goods, clothes, shoes, plants, housing goods, a bank, and best of all...an electronics section (a very good one at that). So I called them up and asked if I could exchange a game without a receipt. They told me that I could as long as it's sealed! WOOHOO! I then rushed over to Fred Meyers...but wait, they were sold out of SoTC. NOOOOOOO! When I returned DBZ, they gave me a gift card...better than nothing I suppose. But something just hit me then and there. I saved about $75 today from all the nonsense that I had to do, so why not just buy a Nintendo DS from Fred Meyer? They had the one I wanted (Electric Blue). I've been meaning to buy a DS for awhile, so it was decided...I bought a DS with Mario 64. Best of all, Fred Meyers was having a 15% off sale on video game software, and my friend also gave me a $5 off card awhile back. I saved myself some extra cash. I pretty much only paid about $65 for a DS after all my savings today. Gotta love it! Tomorrow, I'll be picking up Trauma Center and Castlevania for DS!

So, what did I learn from all this? Never try returning/exchanging a game, or anything for that matter without a receipt...unless there's a Fred Meyer near you. Fred Meyer, I love you!

[quote name='sp00ge']Make a mental note that Xenosaga 2 is 19.95, not 19.99 lke Kerig stated., if you are planning on GT glitching with it.[/QUOTE]

My TRU's are so lazy, they don't even bother switching from a 9 to 5 for the green tags...it really sucks bringing a TAGGED $x9.99 GT game up to the register and seeing it as $x9.95 :oldman:

At this point, the best thing to do is just run out there and have them scan anything you're interested in, then make your final decision at the register.

GIFT RECEIPT RETURN UPDATE:

I had to bring back a copy of RE4 to exchange it, my copy had a nasty flaw on the front cover that I couldn't see from behind the glass. I asked the hypothetical: "what if I wanted to return it?", and they said with a Gift Receipt, I could only get store credit, but...when she was exchanging it, my game rang up $29.99 instead of $39.99. When I asked about it, she said it was probably because I bought 3 games. The math doesn't work out to anything logical: 25% off retail, when I received 33% off? She had to manually adjust it, since it was an exchange for the same game.

Take that with a grain of salt, since I seem to be living in a completely different world than every other CAG, but just stay on top of the transaction if you exchange later...

No Shadow of the Colossus in mid-Richmond store (off Parham Rd) -- just about broke my heart.

Settled for Heroes of the Pacific, God of War, and the rare Haunting Grounds (they had plenty, but I have not seen it at local BB, and not too many at CC). Scored a $10 gift card with my purchaase and used it to pick up POP:Warrior Within for $10.

All the money was from my 40th b-day, so I only spent $14 out of pocket.

I went a little crazier than I anticipated:

Sly 3
Ratchet: DL
Resident Evil 4

Makai Kingdom
The Warriors
Taiko Drum Master (I'm surprised this worked, with all the Mario Mix "contoller or game" issues)

Not looking forward to my next credit bill. This sale only comes around once a year, right?

Also found a boatload of copies of Disgaea at another local store. Too many games!!!! I hate the Fall - this always happens to me.

[quote name='bluesyncopate']I went a little crazier than I anticipated:

Sly 3
Ratchet: DL
Resident Evil 4

Makai Kingdom
The Warriors
Taiko Drum Master (I'm surprised this worked, with all the Mario Mix "contoller or game" issues)

Not looking forward to my next credit bill. This sale only comes around once a year, right?

Also found a boatload of copies of Disgaea at another local store. Too many games!!!! I hate the Fall - this always happens to me.[/QUOTE]

As a heads-up, Best Buy has Taiko w/ drums for $20. If you're able to find it there, you could exchange your TRU copy for something else.

Finally made my trip to TRU and I got these

Fire Emblem (GC)
Dragon Ball Tenkaichi (PS2)
Soul Calibur 3 (PS2)
Xenosaga 2 (PS20
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

I am so done this year. :)

Well I managed to pick up Mario DDR, Fire Emblem, and Soul Calibur 3.

But I'm pissed because they screwed up my GT glitch and refused to fix it. I calculated it out in my head and it would have been about 160 after taxes. I go up to the front and I have 2x Katamari Damacy + Sly 2 and Custom Robo and Gradius V + We

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back