The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see RE4 display boxes in the glass doors behind the cash registers? I looked and the price tag read: Resident Evil Out 2 $49.99. WTH????!!!

[quote name='iflabs']Did anyone see RE4 display boxes in the glass doors behind the cash registers? I looked and the price tag read: Resident Evil Out 2 $49.99. WTH????!!![/QUOTE]

That's just Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2, don't worry, RE4 is $39.99.

Side-note: I noticed they had the deluxe edition of TH:American Wasteland behind the counter, so maybe they'll get RE4:DX as well, not that it's worth it...

Picked up Tiger Woods 06, Tony Hawk American Wasteland and Shadow of Collosus today. The TRU by me sucks, their selection is very limited, but 3 games I wanted nonetheless.

[quote name='Kerig']You get a gift receipt at the time of purchase, that way it doesn't show the prices that were paid.

We'll have to wait and see tomorrow evening (Wednesday) on how Wildnuts fares with his return of Ace Combat 5. I'm putting my money on "gets $25 back".[/QUOTE]

That's what I returned and ended up getting $50 back instead of the $25 I paid. But I think I just got lucky by me not paying attention during the transaction and her not really reading the receipt - and I gave her the real receipt too, not the gift one.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']It all makes sense now....

*plots TRU trip for the third time in four days...until he realizes that was RUSH not CRAZY and then punches himself in the crotch in anger*

Does that trade-in price point include Blockbuster? And if so, anyone know if they are taking 360 pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

Well, up till now games have always gotten the same at GR and regular Blockbusters. However, D2R2 (Xbox) is getting $24 at BB and $27 at GR. Still a good deal either way. Xenosaga II is getting $6 at BB and $12.50 at GR. This was a big WTF for me... I don't think regular Blockbusters will get Xbox 360s. But you could build up the credit at BB's and then find a GR somewhere to preorder the Xbox 360 at...

Damn all you with your Ace Combat 5's!! I can't even find one store in NYC that has it in stock. I just want it so I can round out the 3 games and get in on this sale already! And I'm hoping to run the wheel by getting it with Shadow and RE4 today. ARGHH!! I'm going to go hide and cry. :bomb: I want to enjoy the GT glitch too!

[quote name='jjz203']Damn all you with your Ace Combat 5's!! I can't even find one store in NYC that has it in stock. I just want it so I can round out the 3 games and get in on this sale already! And I'm hoping to run the wheel by getting it with Shadow and RE4 today. ARGHH!! I'm going to go hide and cry. :bomb: I want to enjoy the GT glitch too![/QUOTE]

i went to timessquare they dont have anything good. shadow of colossus sold out and DBZ tenkaichi sold out. i didnt buy anything there. hopefully i see mario ddr and RE4.

Damn! I just realized I didn't get a gift receipt with my games! :bomb:

I guess I'll take in my games with the original receipt and see what happens...

[quote name='wannabepunktony']That's what I returned and ended up getting $50 back instead of the $25 I paid. But I think I just got lucky by me not paying attention during the transaction and her not really reading the receipt - and I gave her the real receipt too, not the gift one.[/QUOTE]

Did you have 3 games on your receipt? Thanks

the one TRU had nothing. the other had a good amount of stuff.

got:

fire emblem (gc)
ssx on tour (ps2)
indigo prophecy (ps2)
jade empire LE (xbox)
ninja gaiden black (xbox)
conker (xbox)

all game to approx $150. and i had a $100 gift card (thanks cingular!!!)

not bad for $50

Holy shit! I love the "Green Tag glitch!" I used it and got:

Guilty Gear X2 Xbox - $10
Call of Duty PS2 - $10
Capcom Classics Xbox - FREE (normally $20)

Metal Slug 3 Xbox - $20
Metal Slug 3 Xbox - $20
Metal Slug 4&5 Xbox - FREE (normally $40)

Timesplitters FP GC - $25
Spinter Cell CT GC - $25
Fire Emblem GC - FREE (normally $50)

Cashiers never even batted an eye (did each one at a different store as well).

I must be a retard.. I still can't figure out this GT glitch.. Can someone please explain.. All I've gotten is that you ring the GT game first and somehow the last game is free.. :bomb:

[quote name='spamfree2']I must be a retard.. I still can't figure out this GT glitch.. Can someone please explain.. All I've gotten is that you ring the GT game first and somehow the last game is free.. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Pick out three $50 games (one of which is a greentagged game - make sure thay are all $49.99 because the system scans for the least expensive game when determining the free game). Have the clerk ring up the greentagged game first. The system will run the B2G1 promotion first and generally will take off the last game as the free game (assuming they are all the same original value). The system will then take off the 50% the greentagged game making it $25. Thus, your total is $75 plus tax as opposed to $100 plus tax. If the greentagged game is rung up last, it will take that game off instead. I am not sure what happens if the greentagged game is rung up in the middle. I assume it will take off the last game assuming the are all the same price.

The kicker is that the system runs the B2G1 promotion BEFORE the 50% off.

Hopefully that helps. ;)

[quote name='chickenhawk']Pick out three $50 games (one of which is a greentagged game - make sure thay are all $49.99 because the system scans for the least expensive game when determining the free game). Have the clerk ring up the greentagged game first. The system will run the B2G1 promotion first and generally will take off the last game as the free game (assuming they are all the same original value). The system will then take off the 50% the greentagged game making it $25. Thus, your total is $75 plus tax as opposed to $100 plus tax. If the greentagged game is rung up last, it will take that game off instead. I am not sure what happens if the greentagged game is rung up in the middle. I assume it will take off the last game assuming the are all the same price.

The kicker is that the system runs the B2G1 promotion BEFORE the 50% off.

Hopefully that helps. ;)[/QUOTE]

Does this only work on this week? I figure its the TRU's B2G1F week...

[quote name='maxgle']Does this only work on this week? I figure its the TRU's B2G1F week...[/QUOTE]

Yes, it only works like this because of the B2G1 promotion.

[quote name='trunks982']i went to timessquare they dont have anything good. shadow of colossus sold out and DBZ tenkaichi sold out. i didnt buy anything there. hopefully i see mario ddr and RE4.[/QUOTE]
The times square store is a trap! I went there on Monday and for some reason they had DBZ:T for $54.99! I also noticed some other games that should be $49.99 were also being overcharged for some reason. Maybe rents too expensive there? :roll: haha

Anyone have any luck getting Radiata Stories at their TRU? I want to get that, Shining Force Neo and something else (maybe SC III) but don't want to make a wasted trip to another TRU.

Perhaps PMing this deal at CC is the better way to go although I am not sure they carry SFN.

[quote name='io']Well, up till now games have always gotten the same at GR and regular Blockbusters. However, D2R2 (Xbox) is getting $24 at BB and $27 at GR. Still a good deal either way. Xenosaga II is getting $6 at BB and $12.50 at GR. This was a big WTF for me... I don't think regular Blockbusters will get Xbox 360s. But you could build up the credit at BB's and then find a GR somewhere to preorder the Xbox 360 at...[/QUOTE]

Hmm, okay cool, thanks. Unfortunately, I live in a GR-less state, so I'm SOL on that deal. Which is too bad, because my store is oozing with D2R2 XB. =\

[quote name='DarienW']Did you have 3 games on your receipt? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I had ten games on my receipt, which is why I returned Ace Combat 5 in the first place. My store still works in paper slips, so I accidently took too many to the register and didn't notice until when I got home. Sooo, I dunno if that will help or hender you.

[quote name='io']Well, up till now games have always gotten the same at GR and regular Blockbusters. However, D2R2 (Xbox) is getting $24 at BB and $27 at GR. Still a good deal either way. Xenosaga II is getting $6 at BB and $12.50 at GR. This was a big WTF for me... I don't think regular Blockbusters will get Xbox 360s. But you could build up the credit at BB's and then find a GR somewhere to preorder the Xbox 360 at...[/QUOTE]

Hmm, okay cool, thanks. Unfortunately, I live in a GR-less state, so I'm SOL on that deal. Which is too bad, because my store is oozing with D2R2 XB. =\

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I had ten games on my receipt, which is why I returned Ace Combat 5 in the first place. My store still works in paper slips, so I accidently took too many to the register. Sooo, I dunno if that will help or hender you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jjz203']The times square store is a trap! I went there on Monday and for some reason they had DBZ:T for $54.99! I also noticed some other games that should be $49.99 were also being overcharged for some reason. Maybe rents too expensive there? :roll: haha[/QUOTE]

my friend wanted to get makai kingdom but it costs 54.99 over there. some games are overpriced at timessquare.

Just got back from TRU they gave me a hard time with Mario ddr, they said the comp wasnt recognizin it as a game. I kept on talkin and they eventually overrode it. Good luck others who are goin for this game.

I exchanged my copy of Battalion Wars that I got on Sunday for Mario DDR today, since I ordered a copy of Battalion Wars from Play-Asia. It was quick & hassle-free. I used a gift receipt, if that is at all relevant.

Just got back from Toys R Us here in Austin, TX, and was able to find everything I wanted! I was really disappointed yesterday, because they didn't have a single thing, but today all their shipments had arrived and I was able to get:

Ace Combat 5
Psychonauts
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Shadow of the Colossus
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
DDR Mario Mix

All for just 167.74, used the GT glitch on Ace Combat 5. I was hoping they would have Shining Force Neo, but since that was the only game I could not find, I ended up getting Psychonauts instead. Not disappointed at all anymore though =)

Just got : Resident Evil 4 (ps2) Battlefield 2 (ps2) and Burnout Revenege..... they just got RE4 in today and are almost sold out already.

FINALLY!!!!! I have found my madness. I went to the Toys R Us in Long Island City, NYC and they have Ace Combat 5 in stock! and RE4 to boot! WOOHOO! :bouncy: now if they only had Shadow in stock too. :cry: So close but so far away. I think I'll go anyway and buy 2 RE4's and exchange one later for Shadow just so I can at least have AC5 and abuse the glitch. :lol: Any other good GT games for $29.99 or more? I kinda want Forza and Oddworld Stranger with a GT glitch to go.

And just as word of help, DON'T FORGET to check for pricegrabber rebates!! =P~ I just realized if I were to get Shadow, RE4, and AC5 at the trio, it would cost me altogether $65 and change ($39.99 + $25 GT + NYC tax - AC5 pricegrabber rebate). Not bad I must say, not bad at all.

Has anyone been able to switch out a 49.99 game with a NORMAL reciept for mario DDR?

I forgot to get a gift reciept when I was there, and TRU isn't nearly as close as Best Buy is for me, so I'm not sure whether I should just suck up having to take mario party 5 instead (which I got with intent to return for Mario DDR), or whether making the trip to TRU would even pay off.

[quote name='jezebelseven']Has anyone been able to switch out a 49.99 game with a NORMAL reciept for mario DDR?

I forgot to get a gift reciept when I was there, and TRU isn't nearly as close as Best Buy is for me, so I'm not sure whether I should just suck up having to take mario party 5 instead (which I got with intent to return for Mario DDR), or whether making the trip to TRU would even pay off.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it should even matter which receipt you use; it didn't seem to matter. They were just doing an equal value exchange (or something like that). You should call them and ask. Actually, when I called and asked them about it, they had said Mario DDR was part of the sale (but based on Ikohn4ever's experience, I guess they were wrong). Are you sure you didn't get a gift receipt? I didn't ask for one, and I got one anyways.

[quote name='Msia']Picked up Makai Kingdom, RE 4 and SC 3 today. Does any TRU stores get the Premium Edition in?[/QUOTE]

Asked the employee, the company was never slated to receive any.

[quote name='trunks982']plz make mario DDR part of the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

I just stopped by my local Toys R US and I was able to get Mario DDR as part of the B2G1 deal.

I also snagged a copy of Xenosaga II. The clerk insisted that Xenosaga II was 50% off the ticketed 39.95 instead of the new $20 price after the price drop and refused to scan it for a price check. He kept on saying this even after I noted that the price on the rack for the game was 19.95. I told him I wanted to buy it and much to my surprise.........(or not ;) ), it rang up as $10 plus tax. He seemed to be a bit upset about being completely wrong. When will clerks learn that CAGs and gamers know what they are talking about.

+++++++ GT GLITCH RETURN / EXCHANGE UPDATE ++++++++

So i went in to my TRU in long island and tried to return Ace Combat 5 with a regular receipt. Customer Service told me that if they did return it, it would "break" the B2G1 promotion and asked if I just wanted to exchange it instead. I asked him what games I could exchange it for (the receipt clearly said $24.99) and he said anything $49.99 or less since apparently they only look at what game was the "free" one.

So I went to the games section, got Sould Caliber 3, had the dude bring it back to customer service and went in for the "even exchange." The manager had to come over and due a manual price adjustment to bring down Soul Caliber 3 to $24.99.

Long story short:
Sould Caliber 3
The Warriors
Burnout Revenge

$81.45 after tax.

Give it a shot guys. This TRU just got Shining Force and MAYBE Digital Devil so I might do another exchange.

I had problems trading in my filler game to get Mario DDR.

First, because my filler game was technically my free game on the receipt, they were only going to credit me a penny toward Mario DDR. After I argued that I shouldn't be penalized for the order they scanned the games, they decided they would give me $33 credit toward Mario DDR (I bought 3 games for $100). I continued to argue that wasn't right and then the girl accused me of trying to trade a game for a system (the Mario DDR box looks like a GC system box). After finally convincing her there wasn't a system in there, she finally got mad and told the cashier to "just ring it up as free".

So yeah, I got to trade in Spiderman for Mario DDR but it was a hassle. I don't think it had anything to do with Mario DDR not being part of the sale, the girl just didn't get it.

Will Best buy price match this sale? My TRU is cleaned out of most of the games I want. Sorry if this was spoken about already, I did a search and couldn't find anything.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I don't think it should even matter which receipt you use; it didn't seem to matter. They were just doing an equal value exchange (or something like that). You should call them and ask. Actually, when I called and asked them about it, they had said Mario DDR was part of the sale (but based on Ikohn4ever's experience, I guess they were wrong). Are you sure you didn't get a gift receipt? I didn't ask for one, and I got one anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure. I went back once already to trade in my Donkey Konga Jungle Beat since it wasn't part of the sale, got the new tony hawk collectors edition, and it was a huge pain-- they had to rering everything because it was a different price, so I got this insanely long reciept for the exchange.

I guess I'll just have to head down and check it out next time I'm down there. It'll probably be after the sale, but since both games are the same price, hopefully it won't be an issue.

[quote name='jezebelseven']Yeah, I'm sure. I went back once already to trade in my Donkey Konga Jungle Beat since it wasn't part of the sale, got the new tony hawk collectors edition, and it was a huge pain-- they had to rering everything because it was a different price, so I got this insanely long reciept for the exchange.

I guess I'll just have to head down and check it out next time I'm down there. It'll probably be after the sale, but since both games are the same price, hopefully it won't be an issue.[/QUOTE]
Eh, it's just a pain in general. In order to get my purchase before the sale adjusted (just got some Dead to Rights 2s that Saturday), they had to credit all three purchases and repurchase them to get the third free. Might be the same deal for exchanges.

[quote name='WhoDey']I had problems trading in my filler game to get Mario DDR.

First, because my filler game was technically my free game on the receipt, they were only going to credit me a penny toward Mario DDR. After I argued that I shouldn't be penalized for the order they scanned the games, they decided they would give me $33 credit toward Mario DDR (I bought 3 games for $100). I continued to argue that wasn't right and then the girl accused me of trying to trade a game for a system (the Mario DDR box looks like a GC system box). After finally convincing her there wasn't a system in there, she finally got mad and told the cashier to "just ring it up as free".

So yeah, I got to trade in Spiderman for Mario DDR but it was a hassle. I don't think it had anything to do with Mario DDR not being part of the sale, the girl just didn't get it.[/QUOTE]

Your best bet next time might be to just straight up return all three previously bought items and rebuy with Mario DDR.

Greetings from the GR thread, trade values as of today.

Dead to Rights 2
(Xbox) -$20
(PS2) $16.50

Xenosaga 2 (PS2) - $6

Got the last 2 copies in Florence, woohoo and a copy of Xenosaga as the freebie....

I picked up DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, SoulCaibur III (which they just got in), and got Shadow of the Colossus for free (they also just got this in) today. :)

I asked the guy working in the R'Zone how much RE4 was. He said $49.99 and I gave him a weird look. I was only planning on picking up 1 $49.99 game and 2 $39.99 game (to save some dough) so I asked again to confirm if RE4 is really $49.99. Thinking I'd have to pay $49.99 for RE4, I opted for another $49.99 game. Once the games were scanned, RE4 came out to be $39.99. What's wrong with these people? The other day, I asked if they had RE4 and they jumped out with "No" as an answer but the the RE4 GC title was right in front of them.......

Anyways, it was a good run today. Wasn't how I expected it to turn out, but heck of a deal for new games.

I forgot but what's the deal with gift receipts? Does this let you return any game for full credit?

got bad news, it appears as if the green tag glitch has been fixed. I tried getting DTR 2, xenosaga II and capcom as the free game, ringing them in that order, and the computer made Xeno II the free game.

I also tried at another toys r us.

these where both at the everett (the first one, dtr2 and xeno 2) and at lynnwood, wa.

i went to tru in green acers valley srteam newyork and they had tons of games
i pick up

soul calibur 3
xmen legends 2
the warriors

hulk mass dustruction
red evil4
gtalc the guy had no clue that psp games wasnt apart of the deal

I got Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Green Tagged), DDR Mario, and Day of Reckoning 2 for about 79 bucks.

I didn't go in intending to try out the green tag glitch, but when she couldn't find the gamecube shipment of Spartan: Total Warrior, I couldn't find another 50 buck game that I really wanted... so I decided to give Chaos Theory a go, seeing as I had been wanting to pick it up for a while anyway.. and I'm quite glad I did ;)

Sweet deal, thanks guys!

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']got bad news, it appears as if the green tag glitch has been fixed. I tried getting DTR 2, xenosaga II and capcom as the free game, ringing them in that order, and the computer made Xeno II the free game.

I also tried at another toys r us.

these where both at the everett (the first one, dtr2 and xeno 2) and at lynnwood, wa.[/QUOTE]

What were the exact prices on the reciept (before and after GT)? I had a couple more games I was going to pick up, but aren't able to get out today, so it would really suck if they've fixed it. Granted, the glitch has had reports of it's death before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back