The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='roachie17']I can't decide getting Spartan Total Warrior or MK:Shaolin Monks.

The other 2 I have in mind are: Burnout Revenge and X-men Legends 2[/QUOTE]

I would go with Spartan. Of course that is based on my personal tastes and not actual experience with either game. ;)

I myself am trying to decide on either Batman Begins or We Love Katamari. I know the overwhelming response will be Katamari, but I haven't even started playing the first one yet.

[quote name='maxgle']please give us an update if SC 3 is in store after you call. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Just because they might have it in Washington doesn't mean it'll be at your area in Maryland. Call your store, for goodness sake! It's not hard! Here - I'll help out - your TRU store's phone number is 301-770-3376 in Rockville. :roll: I know it's not as simple as chatting, but if you call, they'll be able to tell you if it's in stock. :wall:

I just called my local TRU and they were able to tell me if something was in stock or not. Btw, RE4 for PS2 hits my local TRU tomorrow. They don't have Doom 3: RoE or Fable: Lost Chapters, though. :cry:

I asked the lady at my local TRU if they had RE4 but she without hesitant said no. I take a closer look at the games behind the cash register and find empty boxes of RE4. I also saw SCIII but wasn't sure if it was an empty box or the real one.

[quote name='spideymike']Just because they might have it in Washington doesn't mean it'll be at your area in Maryland. Call your store, for goodness sake! It's not hard! Here - I'll help out - your TRU store's phone number is 301-770-3376 in Rockville. :roll: I know it's not as simple as chatting, but if you call, they'll be able to tell you if it's in stock. :wall:

I just called my local TRU and they were able to tell me if something was in stock or not. Btw, RE4 for PS2 hits my local TRU tomorrow. They don't have Doom 3: RoE or Fable: Lost Chapters, though. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mike, but like I said earlier, my sore throat is really making this difficult. I'll have a friend call for me soon though.

[quote name='captainfrizo']
When I was checking out I noticed an employee opening a new box filled with copies of GTA:LCS for the PSP. Hopefully my Gamerush pre-order will be available for pick-up soon.[/QUOTE]

Don't count on it, Gamerush didn't get GTA in today.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I would go with Spartan. Of course that is based on my personal tastes and not actual experience with either game. ;)

I myself am trying to decide on either Batman Begins or We Love Katamari. I know the overwhelming response will be Katamari, but I haven't even started playing the first one yet.[/QUOTE]

Not much of a choice, since Batman Begins is undeniablly a piece of shit. Get yourself some Katamari.

[quote name='chickenhawk']It seems like if all three games are of equal value before GT discount, then the system will take off the last game rung up. Thus, in that case it would matter what order the games were scanned. I accidentally forgot to mention to the clerk to ring up a GT game first and it ended up last and that is the one that was taken off. On the sets where the GT game was rung up first a regular priced game was taken off.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... I pickd up three games yesterday, all rung up in this order: Gallop Racer 2004 ($49.99GT), Ace Combat 5 ($49.99GT) and Socom3 ($49.99) and the total came to right about $50. So pretty much, Socom 3 was free. :D

[quote name='maxgle']Thanks Mike, but like I said earlier, my sore throat is really making this difficult. I'll have a friend call for me soon though.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know about the sore throat. Sorry. But, it is better to go straight to the source than someone across the country. Good luck.

My Toys R US had Mario DDR, but Spartan wasn't out yet...

I'm still debating my thrid game though which of these should I get?

Day of Reckoning 2 (haven't finished the first and expect the price to drop rather quickly)
X-Men Legends 2 (Never played the first... haven't heard much about this)
Ultimate Spiderman (Heard it was great, but very short)
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (Played the demo and it seemed kinda cool... but again it seems like the price will drop quite rapidly)
Pikimin 2 (It's been 49.99 forever, I can't help but feel like it's in for a significant price drop soon)

I already have Battalion Wars, Fire Emblem, Giest and Mario Baseball, so those are really my main options. Any input (or alternate game cube choices) would be appreciated!

anxiously awaiting the release of Soul Calibur 3 and Ratchet: Deadlocked. hope the store nearest me doesn't run out before the sale ends.

My TRU had nothing of interest. I can't say I'm too upset -- that's a lot of money I won't be spending (all at once, anyway). I'm certainly not buying D2R2 or Gallop Racer to save a few bucks. The pre-order cards for Ratchet and the other new games said they were due in "October 27-29" ... make of that what you will. No Indigo Prophecy. No Resident Evil 4. No Warriors (even behind glass). No Shadow of the Colossus, but I bought that last week from a different store.

for CAGs in the Las Vegas area...i called all 3 and the big new releases this week like RE4 and SC3 did NOT come in today. only thing today was Battlefield 2, Zathura and Sims 2... i'll try again tomorrow.

Picked up mario baseball, mario ddr, and warriors today, they didnt have RE4, SC3 or Colussus, guy said soul caliber 3 was due tomorrow

[quote name='jetfire76']for CAGs in the Las Vegas area...i called all 3 and the big new releases this week like RE4 and SC3 did NOT come in today. only thing today was Battlefield 2, Zathura and Sims 2... i'll try again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its just not las vegas, its everywhere. I went in to get Re4, Spartan and colossus. But spartan and re4 was not out.

i went to a toys r us in the ghetto area near los angeles and they had every game in stock that you could want. Near me there is nothing of intrest.

[quote name='badboysean']Good pickup, im halfway through SOTC and its completely amazing. Hows Fire Emblem so far?[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm really happy with my purchases so far!

I have been playing Shadow quite a bit too, but I put a couple hours into Fire Emblem as well and it's really good... I'm a big fan of the GBA games though. So far things are pretty similar to the GBA games, but there are little additions here and there that make it nicer. And although I haven't quite put my thumb on it yet something about actually using the battling system feels better than the GBA counterparts, a little faster maybe... but anyways good story so far (would you expect less though)... and yes the graphics are weak more so than I expected, but hey I don't mind and I'm sure most people into strategy games won't either. The opening cutscene is awesome! I hope here are at least a few more.

The girls voice in the opening scene sounds so familar, I know I've heard it in something else before... anybody know?

Anyways I think I'm going for round 2 tomorrow... I guess I'll throw it out again since nobody answered before... are we pretty sure the gift receipts will work for exchanges later? I'd love to get Dragon Quest 8 in November.

Picked up:

Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden Black
Doom 3 Collector's Edition

$63.XX

Galleon
Men of Valor
Xenosaga II

$21.XX

Not to bad in my opinion, all games I will actually play to. I figured the first 3 would probably never drop lower than the $30 each one cost, so getting them all for about 21 each seemed fair in my book.

No luck finding any copies of the $9.99 DtR2, it trades for $27 xbox and 19 ps2 at your friendly neighborhood GameRush. They MIGHT be some there though I was in a big hurry to catch the bus tonight so I didn't get a chance to search the 50% off bin. I assumed it would be on display either on the shelf or in the display case since it's so new.

Florence KY store is stocked up on all the new releases though!

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']How do returns work with mixed prices?

How did you get Xenosaga II for so cheap?[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to be green tagged, but it wasn't by me, it does scan for $19.99 so it's 10 bucks.

Shady, is Dead to Rights 2 $10? Which system?

39.99's
Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Slug 3 (Green Tag)
SSX: On Tour

29.99's
Ninja Gaiden Black
Guilty Gear Isuka (Green Tag)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Went Sunday and picked up:

Ultimate Spider-Man (XBX)
MK: Shaolin Monks (XBX)
Warriors (XBX)

Went back today hopeing to find Stubbs and Indigo for the XBOX, but no such luck. The guy there let me see the empty box for Stubbs, but said they haven't gotten it in yet. Also they had Indigo for the PS2, but not for the XBOX, which I found quite odd. Guess I'll try the two other TRU by me. Still have these left on my wishlist:

Stubbs
Indigo - XBX
NBA2K6 - XBX
Sly 3
T.H.A.W. - XBX
Ty3-XBX

[quote name='jputahraptor']Picked up:

Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden Black
Doom 3 Collector's Edition

$63.XX[/QUOTE]

Why would you get NG AND NG:B??

[quote name='jputahraptor']
Shady, is Dead to Rights 2 $10? Which system?[/QUOTE]

That's what everyone is saying in the Gamerush thread, both systems.

I'm not sure if anyone has had this come up yet, but has anyone returned a GT game yet? Cause I did today, the computer fucked up and gave me a refund based on the original price. o_O When I got home and went to file my receipt, I was like, "Wwwhhaa?"

Something tells me a glitch like that will be smoked out quite quickly, which could lead to the good glitch being caught...but then again, who knows. The employee should have caught it when doing the return, but still, the computer is smart enough to take the money off when buying the game....

Anyone else run into this?

Why did everyone expect RE 4 out today?

The game SHIPS today, TRU will have it tommorrow... not sure why people were expecting it today.

[quote name='Trakan']I remember a time when games were shipped out on Mondays and in store on Tuesdays. Why'd they change that?[/QUOTE]

Weren't those the days! I remember the first time I had to wait until Thursday at Gamestop to pick up a new release I pre-ordered. =P Boourns.

[quote name='Trakan']I remember a time when games were shipped out on Mondays and in store on Tuesdays. Why'd they change that?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly, and i've heard this on a couple sites and from a couple employees at different stores.... Retailers want dvds and cds to release on tuesday and games to release on wednesday. That way tuesday you will stop in and buy the hot new release movie or cd and then have to come back the next day for the hot new game. They want you in the store more often so you can make more impulse buys while your there.

Damn it metroid prime 2 had a green sticker on it, it tricked me, i didnt have the lady scan it but she told me it wasnt green tag. If it was i was going to get Metroid Prime 2, FF:CC, and then zelda four swords for free. I ended up getting

Xenosaga 2
Viewtiful Joe PS2
Tales of Symphonia
for $21

Phantom Brave
Baiten Kaitos (not a green tag, that thread lies)
Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms
for $48

I want to go back on thursday and get Jade Empire, Prince of Persia 2, and something else, these decisions are hard.

Just as a warning, I ordered Indigo Prophecy, Jak X and Shadow from Toysrus.com and received an email today informing me Jak and Shadow were currently unavailable but assuring me they would be sent out ASAP. Indigo is being sent seperate, with no additional cost. The real kicker? The estimated delivery date for everything is in January 2006. I'm going to assume that's some kind of mistake.. but just a warning in any case.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I'm not sure if anyone has had this come up yet, but has anyone returned a GT game yet? Cause I did today, the computer fucked up and gave me a refund based on the original price. o_O When I got home and went to file my receipt, I was like, "Wwwhhaa?"

Something tells me a glitch like that will be smoked out quite quickly, which could lead to the good glitch being caught...but then again, who knows. The employee should have caught it when doing the return, but still, the computer is smart enough to take the money off when buying the game....

Anyone else run into this?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm going to see what happens tomorrow when I try to return Ace Combat 5. I'll probably also try to exchange something for Soul Caliber 3.

Thanx Roufuss for clearing the D2R2 thing up for me. For anyone who doesnt know yet, X-box D2R2 trades in for $27 at Gamerush. For every $20 u spend at TRU you get $81 in credit at Gamerush. $60 bought me a new PSP, $100 worth of D2R2 is buying a friend of mine a X-Box 360 (Deluxe Edition). I may try to rebuild my credit so i can do this also b4 gamerush cuts me off.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Thanx Roufuss for clearing the D2R2 thing up for me. For anyone who doesnt know yet, X-box D2R2 trades in for $27 at Gamerush. For every $20 u spend at TRU you get $81 in credit at Gamerush. $60 bought me a new PSP, $100 worth of D2R2 is buying a friend of mine a X-Box 360 (Deluxe Edition). I may try to rebuild my credit so i can do this also b4 gamerush cuts me off.[/QUOTE]

Ill never understand how these stores allow you to trade in more then one of any game. I mean logically, what do you really need more then one copy for anyway? Doesn't the rip off alarm raise anywhere?

[quote name='Otherguy676']Thanx Roufuss for clearing the D2R2 thing up for me. For anyone who doesnt know yet, X-box D2R2 trades in for $27 at Gamerush. For every $20 u spend at TRU you get $81 in credit at Gamerush. $60 bought me a new PSP, $100 worth of D2R2 is buying a friend of mine a X-Box 360 (Deluxe Edition). I may try to rebuild my credit so i can do this also b4 gamerush cuts me off.[/QUOTE]

WTF? You get $81 in credit if you spend $20 at TRU? Somethings not adding up. And what's D2R2?

It all makes sense now....

*plots TRU trip for the third time in four days...until he realizes that was RUSH not CRAZY and then punches himself in the crotch in anger*

Does that trade-in price point include Blockbuster? And if so, anyone know if they are taking 360 pre-orders?

[quote name='wildnuts02']Thanks! I'm going to see what happens tomorrow when I try to return Ace Combat 5. I'll probably also try to exchange something for Soul Caliber 3.[/QUOTE]

How does return and exchange work? I though if you return a game you have to return all 3.... Do you guys show them the receipt when you return? If not what do you say to CSR?

If you exchange... can you exchange GT $50 game for a non-GT $50 game? And same as before...do you have to show them the receipt?

[quote name='DarienW']If you exchange... can you exchange GT $50 game for a non-GT $50 game? And same as before...do you have to show them the receipt?[/QUOTE]

You get a gift receipt at the time of purchase, that way it doesn't show the prices that were paid.

We'll have to wait and see tomorrow evening (Wednesday) on how Wildnuts fares with his return of Ace Combat 5. I'm putting my money on "gets $25 back".

Those of you with TRU's that know when a game should be in, you're lucky. At my TRU today, they shrugged and said "nope, no RE4...but the sale is until Saturday, so try back again." They were nice about it, and mentioned how I can just buy a "filler" game until RE4 gets in, but I don't want to screw around much since I'm buying 2 $39.99 GT games with it, and using a "$5 off $25" coupon*. That's a nightmare brewing if I need to have CS "review" my order when it comes time to exhange.

*Got it in the mail a month ago, if you don't already have one, you ain't gettin' one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back