The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ZForce']I got Fire Emblem and X-Men Legends 2 (XBox Version) and Shadow of Colossus as my free game. I also picked up Xenosaga 2 since it was green tag for 10 bucks. I plan on making another trip later this week to get Soul Calibur 3, the new Ratchet game and something else (probably the new SSX, unless something else catches my fancy)[/QUOTE]

they had xenosaga 2 at your tru can you pick me up a copy id send you the $$$ paypal

i only spent 19.19 on all 3 games! 100 in geffory dollars! and i just paided the tax. i wanted to pick up a new slim ps2 but they were charging an insane amount of money!! the system only cost 150 plus tax which is like 160 sumthing with tax. but it rang up for 181!?? so i said forget it! ill just send my ps2 back to sony and get it repaired for free !ill just have to cover the shipping which is about 20$ .

On the site, does this deal work for preorders, like if I wanted to throw soul calibur 3 in there, or would I have to wait until it actually comes out?

[quote name='Matt Young']The Riverside TRU had The Warriors, but Shadow of Colossus was still listed as "Coming Soon!"[/QUOTE]

Shadow of the Colossis was listed as Coming soon in my TRU as well, but I had the guy go back and check...sure enough, the boxes weren't open yet. It may pay to ask to check...

I was able to get God of War (to trade in later), Ultimate Spiderman (to trade in later), and Makai Kingdom for free. It was the last Makai Kingdom so I didn't want to take any chances of waiting until SC3 and RE4 comes out before buying it. I saw Xenosaga 2 at my tru green tag but it was still $50 before %50 off making it $25. Next, time I go I'll have them PC it.

[quote name='Straight Cougar']On the site, does this deal work for preorders, like if I wanted to throw soul calibur 3 in there, or would I have to wait until it actually comes out?[/QUOTE]
READ THE THREAD!! :newbie:

[quote name='MadFlava']I was able to get God of War (to trade in later), Ultimate Spiderman (to trade in later), and Makai Kingdom for free. It was the last Makai Kingdom so I didn't want to take any chances of waiting until SC3 and RE4 comes out before buying it. I saw Xenosaga 2 at my tru green tag but it was still $50 before %50 off making it $25. Next, time I go I'll have them PC it.[/QUOTE]
You do know that RE4 is $39.99 right? I don't know about u guys but I always feel like it spoils the deal when you're trading a $10 difference away. I'm still trying to figure out how to round out the $39.99 games. So far I'm thinking later this week, Shadow, RE4 and ???? (can be xbox or PS2) any suggestions?

[quote name='Epic Wolf']NY store not allowing you to mix :cry: , can anyone sell or trade me a Fire Emblem :pray:[/QUOTE]
WHAT?! Get out! you must be kidding me right? Which store are you talking about? I went to the Times Square one last night and saw people buying cross platform.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Geez, for being Cheap Ass Gamers, some of you boys sure are going hog wild on purchasing vidya games, as Hank Hill calls them.[/QUOTE]
I agree, it seems like people are having a field day with this sale forgetting that some of the games have already been at rock bottom on EB or somewhere else. Ouch, them wallets are burning people! Remember the C in CAG!! I was thinking about the sale a lot, and now I can't really seem to bring myself to buy much. Unlike last year, there's no real insanely hot launch title (like last year's GTA) that can net a lot on ebay. :razz: I just bought a lot last year since the GTA's dropped my net cost down to almost zero. :lol: I just wish I could find an ace combat 5 somewhere in NYC. I missed it at last years sale cuz I thought the price would drop quick, but it hasn't.

[quote name='jjz203']You do know that RE4 is $39.99 right? I don't know about u guys but I always feel like it spoils the deal when you're trading a $10 difference away. I'm still trying to figure out how to round out the $39.99 games. So far I'm thinking later this week, Shadow, RE4 and ???? (can be xbox or PS2) any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know RE4 is $40 and do plan on getting it with Shadow of the Colossus (if they have it) and some other $40 games. I agree with you, this deal only works for me if the free game is equal value to the games you buy. I'm also trading in God of War because that game has been out since March of this year and will probably have a universal price drop in the near future.

[quote name='dago2727']Exactly. I always choose the X-Box version over the PS2 for that reason. Plus, the graphics are usually better, and the HDTV compatibility. Thats why Im confused about RE4. I always choose the Gamecube Version over a PS2, but it seems that there is alot of new stuff in the PS2 version and the graphics didnt suffer too much. Hopefully the frame rate is okay.[/QUOTE]

According to IGN, the framerate stutters on occasion, and the graphics are less moody and detailed... and to be honest, there's not really that much new stuff in the PS2 version: there's the extra Ada quest (which DOES feature one original environment not in the normal game), the extra gun, and the two extra outfits. I already loved the original so much back in the day, and I'll be picking up the PS2 version as well, but I imagine that if you want the most out of the main quest, the Cube version will always remain the way to go.

I am going to head over to my TRU later today. Hopefully they'll have a nice in store selection because shipping will pretty much kill this deal for me even at just over $2 a game for shipping.

I'm Still not sure what I might pick up... I want to get KOTOR2 its going to have a Price drop on the 27th to 29.99. I was thinking KOTORII, RE4(ps2), ????? Still dont know I might just say f it this year and just pick up KOTORII

[quote name='chickenhawk']I am going to head over to my TRU later today. Hopefully they'll have a nice in store selection because shipping will pretty much kill this deal for me even at just over $2 a game for shipping.[/QUOTE]

I am not going to go out until tomorrow cause that's when Soul Calibur 3 is out :whistle2:D

By the way, RE4 PS2 version has less detail than GC version. In some scenes, there are objects missing such as tree, boxes..etc But I am still thinking about if I should get it for the little 5 hours extra... hm.

[quote name='dago2727']Exactly. I always choose the X-Box version over the PS2 for that reason. Plus, the graphics are usually better, and the HDTV compatibility. Thats why Im confused about RE4. I always choose the Gamecube Version over a PS2, but it seems that there is alot of new stuff in the PS2 version and the graphics didnt suffer too much. Hopefully the frame rate is okay.[/QUOTE]Actually, I always choose the PS2 most of the time. The loading times are usually barely any different and the graphics barely make a difference. Plus, the Dual Shock 2 controller is the best controller, by far.

Anyway, I still haven't been to TRU, but I plan to go to a few (really no one goes to), on Friday. I'm hoping Soul Calibur III and possibly Shining Force Neo will be out by then, for I can team them up with Fire Emblem for GC.

[quote name='Spoon_si']I got 3 copys xenosaga II got for $40.. sweet...

$39.99 green tag $20..

Looking to trade these...

PM if interested..[/QUOTE]

They should have been $19.99 green tagged at $10...?

[quote name='Roufuss']They should have been $19.99 green tagged at $10...?[/QUOTE]
:rofl: hahahaha, that must be the funniest story so far for this sale, and it's only a day old! I really do hope that guy didn't overpay for GT games. hahaha :lol:

[quote name='redline']Has anyone seen Fable: The Lost Chapters for Xbox at their TRU?[/QUOTE]

Nope. My store said they hadn't gotten them in yet. Same with Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil.

SSX On Tour
Fire Emblem
Ultimate Spider-Man

(all for the GameCube)

I'm not scrolling through 40+ pages to find out if this has been posted already, but EyeToy Play2 / Eye Toy Antigrav don't count as 'games' for the sale (because they're bundled with the camera). Other than that, I love this deal.

[quote name='bjkrautk']I'm not scrolling through 40+ pages to find out if this has been posted already, but EyeToy Play2 / Eye Toy Antigrav don't count as 'games' for the sale (because they're bundled with the camera). Other than that, I love this deal.[/QUOTE]
That's strange, it counted last year.

[quote name='Samurai T']Actually, I always choose the PS2 most of the time. The loading times are usually barely any different and the graphics barely make a difference. Plus, the Dual Shock 2 controller is the best controller, by far.

Anyway, I still haven't been to TRU, but I plan to go to a few (really no one goes to), on Friday. I'm hoping Soul Calibur III and possibly Shining Force Neo will be out by then, for I can team them up with Fire Emblem for GC.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ, you will definately notice the graphical changes and I prefer a wavebird over any other controller but my PS2 logitech wireless is decent as well.

[quote name='jjz203']:rofl: hahahaha, that must be the funniest story so far for this sale, and it's only a day old! I really do hope that guy didn't overpay for GT games. hahaha :lol:[/QUOTE]

He didnt overpay, he paid fullprice by other store standard ($19.99) and got 1 free.

Could have done better but he didnt overpay.

[quote name='badboysean']He didnt overpay, he paid fullprice by other store standard ($19.99) and got 1 free.

Could have done better but he didnt overpay.[/QUOTE]
READ I hope he didn't overpay for a GT game, I didn't say I hope he didn't overpay for a msrp game. They're called GT games for a reason, and that's because they're 50% of whatever price they're tagged for, so if you pay 100% tag price for a green tag game then you've just overpaid for what it should be charged no?

I wish it were Tuesday (or Wednesday) already so I can participate in this sale and get Shadow and RE4 already! Still can't figure out the third free game... trying to find Ace Combat 5 still. :oldman:

[quote name='jjz203']I wish it were Tuesday (or Wednesday) already so I can participate in this sale and get Shadow and RE4 already! Still can't figure out the third free game... trying to find Ace Combat 5 still. :oldman:[/QUOTE]

PM-d you about Ace Combat 5 (after reading the name twice, I'm already sick of seeing it on the thread :)

Hey, if RE4 doesn't appear online, would anyone be willing to do my shopping for me? I'd pay for shipping + a bonus. PM me if you're interested.

My TRU has barely any decent GTs left, and the "best" one was Musashi: Samurai Legend, which is not that good of a game. (I bought it anyway, only $10) So while I could probably save some money exploiting the "glitch", part of me just wants to get three I REALLY want for ~$86 and just let it be.

Since I already have SSX:OT and Shadow of the Colossus, I'm looking at:

RE4
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Indigo Prophecy

Getting three $40 games for $28 each is a great deal. If I wait for cult/sleeper games to come down in price, I have to dig them up pre-owned, and I HATE buying pre-owned games (scratches, stickers, worn packaging - not for me). And if I wait for more popular games to come down in price, then I'm usually stuck with the ugly "greatest hits" packaging. I wonder if I'm the only one who prefers to non-GH versions...

I'm sure it's been posted before on the many pages of this thread, but be careful when mixing in green tagged games to exploit the GT glitch. Some GT game prices end in .95 instead of .99, so it will register the GT game as being $0.05 less. I almost made that mistake, but caught it when I looked at the price tag closely. MOST GTs work, but not all.

I just picked up a few cheap games: Xenosaga II, Nightshade, and Jak 3, all three for $20 total!

i'm gonna return my x-men legends 2 gamecube for the xbox version maybe, the cube version doesnt support 480p and the xbox does, hella dumb that they do that, i also have x-men legends for the cube and hate having different series on different consoles

anyone wanna trade x-men legend for the xbox for the cube version?

dont know if the 480p on the box will be that big a difference

I went to four TRUs yesterday, but didn't get much. Ended up with SSX on Tour (XB), Metal Slug 4&5 (XB) and Shadow of the Colossus (XB). I'm hoping to exchange SSX for something different later on, either at TRU or Target.

It seems that they barely had anything I wanted this year, which was a bummer. I was ready to drop a lot of money, too. No Indigo Prophecy (XB), no Digital Devil Saga 2, no Darkwatch (XB), Stubbs the Zombie, and a couple more I can't think of offhand. Oh, well. It's probably for the better, so I'll have more money for the 360 next month.

Oooooh, I think I may FINALLY just have the 3rd game for the full 3 come tomorrow! Shadow + RE4 + Indigo Prophecy (it's $39.99 correct?) :applause:

I'm sure this has probably been asked, but i can't bring myself to look for 800 posts...

if i order online, would a pre-order of a game work towards the deal?

I'm almost definitely picking up Battlefield Modern Combat, and I'd love to get Super Mario Strikers, but there isn't much else I'd pay 50 for... thing is Strikers doesn't come out until December. Any ideas?

thanks,
stew

[quote name='jjz203']Oooooh, I think I may FINALLY just have the 3rd game for the full 3 come tomorrow! Shadow + RE4 + Indigo Prophecy (it's $39.99 correct?) :applause:[/QUOTE]
That's a very nice combo. ;) And yep, Indigo is $40.

Damnit, my TRU (Times Square) is out of Shadow of the Colossus, and Amazon is no longer taking TRU orders for it either.

I was all ready to swoop in tomorrow on my way to work, grab Battlefield 2, SotC and Shattered Union (which they didn't have either). I might just skip the sale and go somewhere I know I can get the games I want.

I just got back from TRU.Picked up Fire Emblem:path of Radiance,Makai Kingdom,and DBZ:Budokai Tenkaichi.Going back tommorow to return DBZ for Soul Calibur 3

[quote name='Cheese']Damnit, my TRU (Times Square) is out of Shadow of the Colossus, and Amazon is no longer taking TRU orders for it either.

I was all ready to swoop in tomorrow on my way to work, grab Battlefield 2, SotC and Shattered Union (which they didn't have either). I might just skip the sale and go somewhere I know I can get the games I want.[/QUOTE]

Now I know not to bother going...thanks!

I'd just like to say that the GT Glitch is still in full effect, in case anyone was wondering. Picked up a few games, including Socom 3, all for ~$50. :D

[quote name='sp00ge']I'd just like to say that the GT Glitch is still in full effect, in case anyone was wondering. Picked up a few games, including Socom 3, all for ~$50. :D[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, what two GT games did you get?:)

[quote name='Esper']If you don't mind me asking, what two GT games did you get?:)[/QUOTE]

Gallop Racer 2004 (Actually for amember on here, giving it to him for cost, $25 after GT) and Ace Combat 5 (Wanted this since last year's sale, but the wife put her foot down :whistle2:# ), which was $25 after GT. So, technically, I got both AC5 and Socom3 for $25, if you count that I didn't really pay for GR2k4

GT Glitch worked for me just fine. Picked up Galleon, D2R2, and Star Ocean. Ended up with $46 GR trade and Star Ocean for $21.

Also keep your eyes out for the Midway Arcade Treasues 2 with the small promotional copy not for resale on the bottom front corner. Found 2 at a TRU today and grabbed them for .01 each. I was at the Gwinnett TRU in GA. They had 2 more copies of the promo only on the shelf. I was surprised to see any store still have any left.

Total 5 games for $21 and some change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back