The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up getting Shadow of the Colossus, X-Men Legends 2, and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland today. I'll probably go back and pick up a group of ~ $20 games later in the week. I wanted to pick up SF Anniversary Collection but didn't see it today. Does anyone know how much it goes for at TRU?

Argh! Its not working on TRU.com. I have Fire Emblem, Pokemon XD, and Radiata Stories. All priced $49.99. I think maybe Fire Emblem does not apply to the sale online? Or maybe its the A9 instant reward? Its only a 1.57% discount .

Online the games all have to be the same system and from a choosen list.

In store they don't have any of the games I want.

I hate Toy'sAren'tUs.

I love working at CC. My boss is cool and let me price match the deal to TRU, only I was able to include DS games. So I ended up getting: Shadow of the Colossus, Castlevania: DoS, and Meteos (I wanted Trauma Center, but no luck finding it).

I was able to pick up Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Baseball and the Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 double pack.

I picked up: Atelier Iris + Stella Deus + Shining Force Neo (I don't get the Dec. ship date)
DDS 1 Boxed set + Fire Emblem + Makai Kingdom ( loose wrapping/no seal?)
Oddworld Strangers Wrath + Forza + Conker Live and Relaoded
KUF Heroes + 2 Shadow of the Collosus (one to trade for Spartan or Mario BB)
Shadow of Rome + Doom 3 CE + Far Cry Instincts (pm'd Target $28.88)
I had no problem pm'ing the deal at BB, Wal-Mart & CC said it was a gimmic and refused.
My BB also had a giant banner for the XBox 360 midnight launch party.

[quote name='brianmoy']Argh! Its not working on TRU.com. I have Fire Emblem, Pokemon XD, and Radiata Stories. All priced $49.99. I think maybe Fire Emblem does not apply to the sale online? Or maybe its the A9 instant reward? Its only a 1.57% discount .[/QUOTE]
Fire Emblem can't be bought from TRU.com right now. When you order it, it's through J&R Music & Computer World, so the code won't work.

On the upside, Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos works online. Jungle Beat won't work, I'm guessing because it's 54.99 instead of 49.99.

Just got back... I picked up the following for $247 and change:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC)
Blitz: The League (Xbox)
Burnout Revenge (Xbox)
X-Men Legends II (Xbox)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Xbox)
NBA 2K6 (Xbox)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC)
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (Xbox)
Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie (PS2) for my friend's son's 8th birthday.

I will be busy for a while now...

[quote name='brianmoy']Argh! Its not working on TRU.com. I have Fire Emblem, Pokemon XD, and Radiata Stories. All priced $49.99. I think maybe Fire Emblem does not apply to the sale online? Or maybe its the A9 instant reward? Its only a 1.57% discount .[/QUOTE]

the A9 discount worked for me, go through toysrus.com not amazon.com, FE's not part of the sale online

Here's a question in store. If I purchase Ace Combat 5, Xmen Legends 2, and Three Kingdoms X for $75 after the Green Tag Glitch, can I then go back to TRUU and Exchange Ace Combat 5 for another game like Burnout Revenge?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Here's a question in store. If I purchase Ace Combat 5, Xmen Legends 2, and Three Kingdoms X for $75 after the Green Tag Glitch, can I then go back to TRUU and Exchange Ace Combat 5 for another game like Burnout Revenge?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine no. It fools the computer in the B2G1 free sale, but you still will only get back what you paid for it. You could possibly return it and get your cash back or exchange it for another game of equal value.

Are new releases YMMV? I noticed at my store that there was no display for Shadow of the Colossus or the Warriors. I know these games are at my local GameCrazy and Gamestop.

Well i went to my local toys r us, and the selection was quite dissapointing. All the games i wanted where sold out. Sadness fills my heart... I guess i will have to go find another one.... /tear...

[quote name='Dante Devil']Are new releases YMMV? I noticed at my store that there was no display for Shadow of the Colossus or the Warriors. I know theres games are at my local GameCrazy and Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

The Riverside TRU had The Warriors, but Shadow of Colossus was still listed as "Coming Soon!"

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Here's a question in store. If I purchase Ace Combat 5, Xmen Legends 2, and Three Kingdoms X for $75 after the Green Tag Glitch, can I then go back to TRUU and Exchange Ace Combat 5 for another game like Burnout Revenge?[/QUOTE]

If you got a gift receipt, I think so. The gift receipt dosen't list that you got the games in the B2G1 free sale, just that you paid for them... I imagine the computer thinks they are full price.

Try it and let us know if it works :D

I would if I could but sadly I know the guy in the R-Zone, and he's always been good about letting me get in on deals before (espically penny guides)...I don't think I would do this to potentially fuck them over.

Going to get tomorrow-

DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi $50
MGS3: Subsistence $50 or Castlevania: CoD $50 (exchange tactic)
Halo 2 $40

Couldn't find another $50 game I wanted more than Halo 2 or another $40 game that I wanted, so I'm stuck with losing that $10. I definitely didn't have 3 $40 games to pick out either.

Aw well, losing that $10 is nothing considering the game is still free. $100 for 3 games isn't bad.

wow i saw alot of stuff i wanted, i didnt bring lots of cash though, so im gonna go back on tuesday, many of them had green tags too. The games im probably gonna get are viewtiful joe, viewtiful joe 2, tales of symphonia, baten kaitos, jade empire, champions of norrath:return to arms, xenosaga 2, possibly phantom brave, zelda four swords, metroid prime 2, and there were a few others i was interested in too, i need a good racer.

Xenosaga 2 was 19.99 on the green tag, does that mean that it is 10$?

EDIT: And can someone make a scan of that coupon?

[quote name='Wanderlai']I picked up: Atelier Iris + Stella Deus + Shining Force Neo (I don't get the Dec. ship date)
I had no problem pm'ing the deal at BB, Wal-Mart & CC said it was a gimmic and refused.
My BB also had a giant banner for the XBox 360 midnight launch party.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean Wal-mart & CC said it was a gimmick??? What does that mean? Won't CC price match when their policy specifically says they will??

[quote name='MaxDillon']What do you mean Wal-mart & CC said it was a gimmick??? What does that mean? Won't CC price match when their policy specifically says they will??[/QUOTE]

They reserve the right to decline price matches for various reasons, including promotional/gimmick type sales, which this is. I'm actually amazed BB priced matched it. How dare they run a reasonable business??/?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Geez, for being Cheap Ass Gamers, some of you boys sure are going hog wild on purchasing vidya games, as Hank Hill calls them.[/QUOTE]

I've saved so much money on this site the rest of the year this is the one time I can cut loose :D

Plus the fact I'm not buying an Xbox 360, I can justify it to myself.

Oh boy, I hope I get confirmation that it was in fact I that won a certain every10minutes.com giveaway so I could pick up a few Xbox games I missed this gen...

[quote name='Roufuss']I've saved so much money on this site the rest of the year this is the one time I can cut loose :D

Plus the fact I'm not buying an Xbox 360, I can justify it to myself.[/QUOTE]

Saved? or Spent?

[quote name='b3b0p']Saved? or Spent?[/QUOTE]

Saved.

The money I spent I would have spent anyways, I just spent alot less of it.

I got Fire Emblem and X-Men Legends 2 (XBox Version) and Shadow of Colossus as my free game. I also picked up Xenosaga 2 since it was green tag for 10 bucks. I plan on making another trip later this week to get Soul Calibur 3, the new Ratchet game and something else (probably the new SSX, unless something else catches my fancy)

I also got Shadow of the Colossus as my free game. I hadn't realized it was only $40. Also picked up Burnout Revenge and X-Men Legends 2. I plan on trading Legends for the Resident Evil 4 premium edition later this week, and maybe I'll trade in Burnout for Dragon Warrior 8 later.

[quote name='KeiKei']I also got Shadow of the Colossus as my free game. I hadn't realized it was only $40. Also picked up Burnout Revenge and X-Men Legends 2. I plan on trading Legends for the Resident Evil 4 premium edition later this week, and maybe I'll trade in Burnout for Dragon Warrior 8 later.[/QUOTE]

That was my plan to trade something for RE4 originally, but as far as I can tell TRU isn't getting the Premium Edition. It's not listed on their website at all, and an employee couldn't find it in the system. Also, DQ8 doesn't come out until Nov. 23rd >_>.

Picked up 2 sets of games today:

$50 set:

Fire Emblem - Gamecube
Mario Baseball - Gamecube
The Warriors - PS2 (Will change to X-Box version when I go back this week)

$40 set:

Nightmare Before Christmas - X-Box
Shadow of Colossus - PS2
Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube (Thinking about changing to PS2 version when it comes out later in the week)

Any opinions if I should keep the Resident Evil 4 Gamecube Version, or switch to the PS2 for the new added stuff (Ada quest)? Any help would be appreciated!

I'm a little unclear on this deal. So can you get games with different prices? For instance, if i wanted to pick up (all on PS2) The Warriors, Resident Evil 4, and Shadow of the Colossus, would I get either RE4 or SotC for free?

Now that I got to thinking, I'm gonna probably go back on Thursday when my manager is working again to get another set of games. Most likely getting: Battlefield 2, GTA: LCS, and perhaps THAW.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']I'm a little unclear on this deal. So can you get games with different prices? For instance, if i wanted to pick up (all on PS2) The Warriors, Resident Evil 4, and Shadow of the Colossus, would I get either RE4 or SotC for free?[/QUOTE]

correct

[quote name='jfunkdpg']I'm a little unclear on this deal. So can you get games with different prices? For instance, if i wanted to pick up (all on PS2) The Warriors, Resident Evil 4, and Shadow of the Colossus, would I get either RE4 or SotC for free?[/QUOTE]

Whichever one is cheaper. If the MSRP for RE4 is $40 then it really wouldn't matter which one is free.

Its buy 2 get one of equal or lesser value free.

Man, I hope the Mario Dance Mix game is included with this sale but the sounds of it it may not be (DK Jungle Beat with the Bongos isn't). I got Fire Emblem: PoR, Mario Superstar Baseball, and a filler title until Mario Dance comes out this week. If Mario won't work I'll have to exchange it for something I really want. I have no interest in Spiderman (my filler title).

[quote name='WhoDey']Man, I hope the Mario Dance Mix game is included with this sale but the sounds of it it may not be (DK Jungle Beat with the Bongos isn't). I got Fire Emblem: PoR, Mario Superstar Baseball, and a filler title until Mario Dance comes out this week. If Mario won't work I'll have to exchange it for something I really want. I have no interest in Spiderman (my filler title).[/QUOTE]

Mario DDR will work since you're doing an exchange... if you have a gift receipt they apparently have no way to tell you got the game during the sale.

[quote name='dago2727']
The Warriors - PS2 (Will change to X-Box version when I go back this week)
[/QUOTE]

May I ask why?
I got the ps2 version, is there something better about the xbox version?

Boo, no Toys R Us in my area, so I had to resort to their website. Anyhow, I picked up Psychonauts, Makai Kingdom, and Mario Superstar Baseball.

[quote name='serum79']May I ask why?
I got the ps2 version, is there something better about the xbox version?[/QUOTE]

Probably because of more polish, less loading time. I always stick with the XBox versions of multiconsole games for that reason.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Boo, no Toys R Us in my area, so I had to resort to their website. Anyhow, I picked up Psychonauts, Makai Kingdom, and Mario Superstar Baseball.[/QUOTE]
Good pick ups... Especially Psychonauts...

[quote name='chargeup45']Probably because of more polish, less loading time. I always stick with the XBox versions of multiconsole games for that reason.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I always choose the X-Box version over the PS2 for that reason. Plus, the graphics are usually better, and the HDTV compatibility. Thats why Im confused about RE4. I always choose the Gamecube Version over a PS2, but it seems that there is alot of new stuff in the PS2 version and the graphics didnt suffer too much. Hopefully the frame rate is okay.

I got Warriors (Xbox), Fire Emblem and Shadow of Colossus.

I am going back later in the week to get Stubbs (which I wanted today but they did not have it), Battlefield and either Soul Calibur 3 or Blitz the League.

Very bad selection at my local TRU

[quote name='chargeup45']Probably because of more polish, less loading time. I always stick with the XBox versions of multiconsole games for that reason.[/QUOTE]

That's actually only half-true. On IGN.com they said the graphics look more washed-out on the Xbox than the PS2. Didn't say anything bad about loading times either.

I was in a hurry and didn't check my reciept, so I have to go back tomorrow (Although I would've thought the guy ringing me up could've warned me Jungle Beat + Bongos wasn't part of the deal, he knew I was doing the b2g1 deal), but I stocked up on some xmas gifts for my nephews, fiance, and myself.

My purchases:

Spongebob Squarepants the movie (nephews)
Spiderman (nephews)
Katamari Damacy ($10 green tagged woohoo, nephews)
Kirby Air Ride (nephews)
Spongebob Bikini Bottom (nephews)
Luigi's Mansion (for myself)
Indigo Prophecy (myself)
Sly 3 (myself)
Shadow of the Colossus (for my fiance)
SSX on tour (myself)
Mario Party 5 (myself, but I'm going to try to take it back after this sale and trade for mario ddr)
and then I thought I was going to get DK jungle beat with bongos as part of it but as we've found out, that's not right. So I'm going to return those (and buy them at best buy for reward zone points-- again, for my nephews), and get a free Tony Hawk Wasteland.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I picked up: Atelier Iris + Stella Deus + Shining Force Neo (I don't get the Dec. ship date)
My BB also had a giant banner for the XBox 360 midnight launch party.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe you got the PM and the deal to work at TRU. I wanted Far Cry but i didn't want to ask about the PM since I figured it was one or the other.

I tried to PM at Best Buy, and the customer service manager said BB doesn't PM TRU, it's not one of their competitors. I went across the street to CC and they PM'd me with no problems whatsoever, even w/o the ad (I had left it at BB)

[quote name='SailorDaravon']That was my plan to trade something for RE4 originally, but as far as I can tell TRU isn't getting the Premium Edition. It's not listed on their website at all, and an employee couldn't find it in the system. Also, DQ8 doesn't come out until Nov. 23rd >_>.[/QUOTE]

N- no! ... damn. I was looking forward to that Premium Edition. Well, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it's some sort of mass oversight on their part, and that come the 25th they will have that shiny box lined up on the shelves. Otherwise, regular edition for me.

Geez, didn't realize the 23rd. Might as well keep Burnout then, I guess. Now all I need is We Love Katamari.

i got
fire emblem pr
burnout revenge
and dbz teckachi

i was looking for shadow of the coloussus but they were sold out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back