The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the TRU in Lafeyette, IN, and it sucked. They would not allow you to mix and match games, on different consoles. Also, they never had any tickets for Fire Emblem, or anywhere for the game. Also, they had a box to Shadow of Colussus, but it had a Shrek game as its ticket. So, I couldn't find anything. I'm checking another TRU on Sat.

I badly want Shining Force Neo, which I'm trying to get. If I see nothing at another TRU, and they don't allow me to mix and match, then I will just go to Fry's on Sunday, and pick up SCIII and DDR Mario Mix.

The deal seems to be dead on Amazon, even though it's just Friday night. My Toy's R Us had a HORRIBLE selection. Plus the games on display didn't actually match the games they had.

(Plus I'm disapointed it didn't include DS games.)

I've been doing this deal for years-since at least '99 or 2000 with the Dreamcast, but I guess this will be the first year I miss out.

Ok....

Round 1:

Fire Emblem
Pikmin 2
Shadow of the Colossus

Round 2:

DDR: Mario Mix
Battalion Wars (might trade back for Super Mario Strikers later)
Mario Superstar Baseball (trading in for Dragon Quest 8 later)
+ free $10 gift card

Maximo (wanted Katamari Damacy though)
Xenosaga (non GH)
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Total: $21.66 - $10 dollar gift card I just got = $11.66 :)

I almost got screwed on the Glitch (wow that sounds so wrong)... every Toy's R Us employee I've ever dealt with opens up one case and then scans, opens and scans... so I put Star Ocean on the bottom... well this guy opened them all up first, and now Star Ocean is on top, he says something about it though, so I say let me see it real quick... now it's in my hand, and thankfully he scans the other games first, and then I give it back to him. He says that's weird Star Ocean was green tagged or something but not suppose to be... but hey that's cool. The guy was really cool he wanted me to get the cheapest price possible, he was a gamer too (and liked Nintendo ).

So anyways you guys think I could take Maximo back to another Toy's R Us and try to get Katamari Damacy? If not I might just trade it in for credit towards Mario Kart DS.

[quote name='n00bie']Tons of Shadow at my TRU. The manager there said TRU doesn't PM anymore (I tried to PM Farcry) and also said that you can only trade in games for others until the end of the sale. I call BS on both counts, anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]

The part about price matching is true. We don't price match anything anymore because of some competitors having insanely low prices on certain items, which was killing the bottom line.

The part about only being able to trade until the end of the sale? Bull-SHIT. From what I've been told at my TRU, you have 14 days from the date of purchase to trade.

I went last nite and today to TRU

Got SSX World Tour
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of the Colossus

Don't want Resident Evil 4 - so im willing to sell it .

Also got 3 copies of Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Edition because that was the only game they had a $55 =](they still have a bunch more) I only want one so willing to sell at a reasonable price to make my copy nice and cheap

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I went last nite and today to TRU

Got SSX World Tour
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of the Colossus

Don't want Resident Evil 4 - so im willing to sell it .

Also got 3 copies of Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Edition because that was the only game they had a $55 =](they still have a bunch more) I only want one so willing to sell at a reasonable price to make my copy nice and cheap[/QUOTE]

All my TRU are sold out of "Shadow of the Colossus".
I was hoping to pick up RE4, Shadow* & Ratchet-Deadlocked today :(

I picked up the following:

Ace Combat 5 GT - 49.99
Cold Fear GT - 49.99
Fire Emblem - Free

So 50 bucks for the three..I am going to see if I can exchange the GT games tomorrow.

[quote name='rxdoga']Has anyone seen Shining Force Neo, Radiata Stories or Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 at thier TRU?[/QUOTE]
My store had copies of Radiata Stories.

[quote name='sp00ge']The part about price matching is true. We don't price match anything anymore because of some competitors having insanely low prices on certain items, which was killing the bottom line.

The part about only being able to trade until the end of the sale? Bull-SHIT. From what I've been told at my TRU, you have 14 days from the date of purchase to trade.[/QUOTE]

I hope this is the case about the 14-day thing. I picked up an extra copy of Mercenaries for Xbox (even though I already picked one up at BB for $20 in September) and if I could exchange it for something, that's fine. No fish were biting on my brief tradelist in the CAG trading forums. Wouldn't mind picking up Fable: The Lost Chapters, Doom 3: RoE or something comparable in price. Heck, even though it's $20 more expensive, I might use the deal and get Far Cry Instincts. If not, it'll go on ebay. No big deal. Just would like to get my $20 back or a game in exchange.

wait a minute... so is my plan to take Mario Baseball back and get Dragon Quest VIII (November 15th) not going to work?

The back of the receipt says you have 45 days to return stuff... I got a gift receipt as well.

It's a 45 day return policy on all electronics items at TRU(90 days for other items). Note last year my store along with many others would only let you trade games for games that were out during the sale. We wouldn't allow you to trade GC Fire Emblem for Prince of Persia 3 for example, but YMMV on the return policy.

After a week of looking for SOC with no luck at TRU I tried CC and a TRU weekly ad for price match and it worked : )
2 39.99 games
1 SOC Free !!

Round 1....

3 Mario DDR games - 109.00
9 Soul Calibur 3 games - 327.00
6 Xenosaga 2 games - 43.00 (CLEARANCED!)
3 Resident Evil 4 PS2 games - 109.00

Round 2 is tomorrow...
:)

EDIT: I need to mention that the chick who ringed me up remembered me from last year's sale (I bought a lot last year) so she actually hooked me up with a ton of $10.00 gift cards. I got 5 of them for the 75.00 each I spent. She's working tomorrow too. I love TRU.

[quote name='tayaf69']Round 1....

Round 2 is tomorrow...

EDIT: I need to mention that the chick who ringed me up remembered me from last year's sale (I bought a lot last year) so she actually hooked me up with a ton of $10.00 gift cards. I got 5 of them for the 75.00 each I spent. She's working tomorrow too. I love TRU.[/QUOTE]
What do you do with all those extra copies?

[quote name='addicted2games']What do you do with all those extra copies?[/QUOTE]

Why, beat Soul Calibur 3 9 times, of course!

[quote name='addicted2games']What do you do with all those extra copies?[/QUOTE]

He's going to fire them(SC3) up with his 9 PS2's and 9 TV's all at once.:roll:

Round 2 is tomorrow...

EDIT: I need to mention that the chick who ringed me up remembered me from last year's sale (I bought a lot last year) so she actually hooked me up with a ton of $10.00 gift cards. I got 5 of them for the 75.00 each I spent. She's working tomorrow too. I love TRU.[/QUOTE]

WTF, all that and you're going back for more? Either you're really stupid and think you're going to make a ton of money or really generous with friends and family. I suspect you have a case of eBay-itis.

Seriously, you'd get what $40 (including shipping) per $50 game. With tax and after deducting the shipping, you'd make maybe (and that's a big maybe) $10 per $109 you spent. Doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle.

Round 2 is tomorrow...

XENOSAGA 2 IS CLEARANCED???!!! NO FRICKIN' WAY!!! OH MAN, I DID NOT KONW THAT CAP LOCK CAP LOCK CAP LOCK.

Guess what? We know that. Guess what else? The gift cards are not because you are special, but because of a TRU promotion going on.

Damn, I usually don't give a rip about people, but come on...an "CAG All-star" should just know better. =P

I was able to contact Amazon and have my shipping refunded from the order I placed earlier in the week, in light of the free shipping now being offered on most games.

I've gone thru like a ton of pages here and can't find it, I know I'm very late at this (as it ends today) but what is the glitch everyone is talking about?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THE $10 GIFT CARD?

PLEASE! :D

I've read back through the last 4 pages and haven't seen anything except people saying they got it. How do you get it just buy 2 $50 games get one free and get a $10 GC? Do I need a coupon from an ad or do they just give it to you?

I haven't been in this thread since wednesday when I did my purchases and I knew nothing about and didn't receive one.
:cry:
Thanks

[quote name='$hady']CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THE $10 GIFT CARD?

PLEASE! :D

I've read back through the last 4 pages and haven't seen anything except people saying they got it. How do you get it just buy 2 $50 games get one free and get a $10 GC? Do I need a coupon from an ad or do they just give it to you?

I haven't been in this thread since wednesday when I did my purchases and I knew nothing about and didn't receive one.
:cry:
Thanks[/QUOTE]

The coupon was available at the front of my store, should be the same for yours. They might have it at the register as well. Just spend $75 and get a $10 gift card free, plain and simple.

[quote name='Sway']The coupon was available at the front of my store, should be the same for yours. They might have it at the register as well. Just spend $75 and get a $10 gift card free, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

They thanks, I read all the way back to my last posts in this thread and never seen it mentioned how people were getting them. I must have missed it. Thanks though I'll go today and look for it. :)

Anyone bought now and thinking of keeping the games sealed and trying to trade them back for 360 games? I'm thinking of doing this today.... Worst case scenario is they say no and you just get a refund for your intial purchase. They'll only be holding your $$ for about 2 weeks........

Question. We bought 3 49.99 games, couldn't find a 3rd game we wanted, so we just grabbed Madden 2006, with the intent of returning it for 33.34 credit (or whatever). I wasn't there, but they told my girlfriend that they couldn't do that, she could only exchange it for a "like" game, and that the receipt was good for that for 30 days. Does anybody know then if we could swap it for DQ8 in mid-November then? We were expecting to just get credit back, but if they'll let us do that I'll hardly complain, just wanting some verification, since that seems to be different from what other people are experiencing.

I went to the TRU in Fort Wayne today, since I came home from college over the weekend. It was better than the TRU in Lafayette, but they didn't have Shining Force Neo or DDR Mario Mix. I only wanted to team Fire Emblem: PoR and Soul Calibur III with a $50 game, to make the deal well worth it (I highly regret not getting all prices the same the last two times). So, looks like I got nothing this year, but oh well.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Question. We bought 3 49.99 games, couldn't find a 3rd game we wanted, so we just grabbed Madden 2006, with the intent of returning it for 33.34 credit (or whatever). I wasn't there, but they told my girlfriend that they couldn't do that, she could only exchange it for a "like" game, and that the receipt was good for that for 30 days. Does anybody know then if we could swap it for DQ8 in mid-November then? We were expecting to just get credit back, but if they'll let us do that I'll hardly complain, just wanting some verification, since that seems to be different from what other people are experiencing.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I plan (or hope) on doing... but from what others have said it might depend on the store if they'll let you trade it for another game at the original price after the fact.

I went to another Toy's R Us today and traded my copy of Maximo for their last copy of Katamari Damacy :)

And it's weird I must live in a pretty low key area (Washington) most of the Toy's R Us I've been to had plenty of copies of Shadow of the Colossus, Resident Evil 4, DDR: Mario Mix, Soul Calibur III, and Digital Devil Saga II.... haven't noticed Shining Force Neo, wasn't really looking for it though.

Picked up Fire Emblem, DDR Mario and Metroid Prime Echoes. The kid scanned in the coupon for the $10 gift card and couldn't get it to work, so his supervisor came over and I got a $10 card on top of the discount. Pretty hot deal.

I'm going to go back and trade in Echoes for either Mario Tennis or Donkey Konga 2 (with bongos). Thanks for the tip, OP, and thanks for all the help to everyone in the thread.

Just went to TRU today, Was going to get:
Ratchet & Clank: Deadlock
Shadow of The Colossus
Sly 3/ Blitz The League

Unfortunatly, they only had Ratchet.

So I then looked at the GT'd ($39.99) PS2 games, the best... wait no, only $39.99 GT'd PS2 games were Bujingai, Dragon Ball Z: Sagas, and another I could remember. My TRU sucks

Both of the TRU's in my area did not receive any Shining Force Neo's.

So, I ended up getting Mario DDR, Shin Megumi Tensei (#1 version) and Fire Emblem GC.

It seemed like a good time to pick up budget titles I missed so I got...

Sly 2 free
Ratchet and Clank (I already beat 2 and 3 so might as well get the first one) $20
We Love Katamari $30

3 for the price of 1 regular priced game isn't bad

Is this deal still available online through amazon? after applying the coupon code is says it doesn't apply to the items.

[quote name='Stingermck']Is this deal still available online through amazon? after applying the coupon code is says it doesn't apply to the items.[/QUOTE]

use the link in the first post, you gotta go through Toys R Us. I made the same mistake a week ago. Free shipping now, they used to charge per game.

[quote name='$hady']use the link in the first post, you gotta go through Toys R Us. I made the same mistake a week ago. Free shipping now, they used to charge per game.[/QUOTE]

Got a few combinations to work, but It would not work with Soul Calibur 3 added to my cart, or Star Wars Battlefront II

[quote name='Stingermck']Got a few combinations to work, but It would not work with Soul Calibur 3 added to my cart, or Star Wars Battlefront II[/QUOTE]

Star Wars isn't out yet, cant use it...........

Soul Calibur 3 I don't know why.....

Edit:

I just tried and it wont let me use the coupon if Soul Caliber 3 is included either. My advice is to buy and Xbox and forget the game exists. ;)

My local Toys 'R' Us totally mismanaged this sale.

I'm never going to shop there again.

Is the 10 dollar gift card automatic or do you need a coupon? I received a big toy book in the mail but the coupon states it starts tomorrow.. is this the same one?

Btw, I stopped by my local TRU to get a gift receipt for Mercenaries since I'll either give it as a gift for a friend for Christmas or return it to the store and get something else. My local TRU never got in Fable: Lost Chronicles or Doom 3: RoE and nothing else there caught my eye. Far Cry Instints was tempting, but I passed on it. For now. Anyone know offhand if you return a game that was gift receipted and exchange it for another is it the price point during the sale ($20) or the actual price of the item ($29.95)? I would assume it'd be for the discounted price. Thanks.

[quote name='Brak']My local Toys 'R' Us totally mismanaged this sale.

I'm never going to shop there again.[/QUOTE]

What happened at your store?

[quote name='spideymike']What happened at your store?[/QUOTE]

They haven't put any new releases on the sales floor for the past two months. There are no spots on the shelves for new titles, either.

When I asked about BattleField 2, the employee said it didn't come out until late December. This was three days after it's shelf date, so I asked why I saw it at Toys 'R' Us -- no answer. And, for kicks, I asked about Tony Hawk's American Wasteland... he said that it doesn't come out until 360 comes out, neglecting that it's on every platform known to man.

I keep track of new releases... didn't see a shelf sticker for a single one, and I've been in there a couple times a week, so they weren't sold out.

After going to about 15 different TRUs in LA, NJ and NYC, I came out big on this sale. I got every single game below for free:

We Love Katamari
Mario Superstar Baseball
Fire Emblem GC
Samurai Western
Metal Slug 4+5 XB
Tron 2.0 XB
Dead Man's Hand
D2R2 XB
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
Virtua Quest PS2
Romancing Saga

How, you ask? Pretty simple actually. I bought all of the games in sets of 3, each time with 2 GT games (using the GT trick) and kept trying my luck with different customer service desks to return the 2 GT games I didn't want. More often than not, they would tell me (probably rightfully so) that I needed the 3rd game to get my money back (the stores in LA were really stringent about this), however I did get a few cashiers who just literally gave me full credit back for the 2 games, thus making the 3rd game completely free. Nothing wrong on my part - I was returning games with a receipt and just happened to get dumb cashiers. I still have 2 more sets, trying to get Shadow of the Colussus and NG Black. We'll see. If not, I can always just return all 6 games. Anyway, this is obviously YMMV, depending on how much time you want to spend doing it and what cashiers you get. Worked for me though!

[quote name='wannabepunktony']XENOSAGA 2 IS CLEARANCED???!!! NO FRICKIN' WAY!!! OH MAN, I DID NOT KONW THAT CAP LOCK CAP LOCK CAP LOCK.

Guess what? We know that. Guess what else? The gift cards are not because you are special, but because of a TRU promotion going on.

Damn, I usually don't give a rip about people, but come on...an "CAG All-star" should just know better. =P[/QUOTE]
Sorry, moron, but if you read the fine print, you are limited to how many gift cards you get. A VETERAN should know better! The store MANAGER was standing there and said I could get only one PER CUSTOMER. You have to be the stupidest person on this site. The chic was cool and gave me the extra cards anyways after he left, which was risky for her and she didn't have to do it. Read into things before trying to act all cool. hahaha. :shame: :dunce: :shame:

[quote name='tayaf69'] The store MANAGER was standing there and said I could get only one PER CUSTOMER. You have to be the stupidest person on this site. The chic was cool and gave me the extra cards anyways after he left, which was risky for her and she didn't have to do it. .[/QUOTE]

So wait, she went behind the store manager's back once he left?

Wow, what a retarded employee, but probably a quick and easy way to get fired if you don't want to work a job anymore.

[quote name='n00bie']WTF, all that and you're going back for more? Either you're really stupid and think you're going to make a ton of money or really generous with friends and family. I suspect you have a case of eBay-itis.

Seriously, you'd get what $40 (including shipping) per $50 game. With tax and after deducting the shipping, you'd make maybe (and that's a big maybe) $10 per $109 you spent. Doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]
First, do your math....forget it....Ill do it for you.

3 games = 109.00 (after TN tax)

which means each games is....36.33.

However, I used gift cards on each purchase after the first one, so take $3.00 off per game.

Each game is $33.00

I sell Soul Calibur 3 on ebay for $45.00 plus 6.00 ship (only costs 3.85 to ship) so actually make it $47.15 after shipping. After ebay and paypal fees I am looking at 43.00 each game....

WHAT????? 10.00 a game isn't too shabby if you sell about 30 of them at a time. That's around 300.00 profit from a quick day's worth of selling. And yes, I do this ALL the time, and yes, It ALWAYS works.

Actually, I am selling DDR Mario Mix for $49.00 (going ebay rate for some reason) so you could tag on another 4.00 per game on those.

So, yes your math was wrong, but that's ok because I won't judge you. But, I wouldn't make mathematical statements or claims without more proof. Thanks.

[quote name='Roufuss']So wait, she went behind the store manager's back once he left?

Wow, what a retarded employee, but probably a quick and easy way to get fired if you don't want to work a job anymore.[/QUOTE]
You're telling me. She was being really nice. BUT, she did remember me from last years sell so she was being really cool.

I went back today for round 2....

3 more DDR Mario Mix
2 Fire Emblem - GC
1 more Soul Calibur 3. The guy gave me two gift cards today which I instantly used. I was surprised but he let me use them both on my last purchase (even the one that I was getting for that purchase).

got my last set of games today, kinda bummed they had a poor player's choice collection and they finally sold the last copy of megaman anniversary collection.

Killzone
Viewtiful Joe
Xenosaga II
---------------
$20 Total

the awesome thing is that I scored the original xenosaga last year from TRU on clearance for an obscenely low price so I've only payed around $10 for the pair.[quote name='edson13']Is the 10 dollar gift card automatic or do you need a coupon? I received a big toy book in the mail but the coupon states it starts tomorrow.. is this the same one?[/QUOTE]yeah, that's the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back