The Bill Goldberg Wrestling Thread - William Regal - New King of The Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Davis

Banned

Goldberg_full.jpg

Hi. My name is Bill Goldberg. I'm a Jew.

I was born in 1966 and came into WCW not too soon after that. At least my attitude did.

After meeting Sting and Lex Luger in a gym, I figured, hey I could do this too. At least I know how to roar.
I quickly signed a contract and joined the WCW Power Plant where I was trained in the fine art of professional wrestling.
After months of training, I finally learned a total six moves and was brought up into WCW.

My streak began on September 22, 1997. I beat Hugh Morris and the rest is history.
I know that the number of wins in my streak always didn't add up, but numbers are for people who can't roar.

My name is Bill Goldberg. I am Nitro. I am Thunder. I am professional wrestling.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OknYjUQc0ww[/media]

us.jpg

I love you THIS much Guyver.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Shouldn't the threat title be possessive?[/quote]

I want to save the space since I'll be updating the title every day with TV matches for that night.

RAW:

randy_orton_small.jpg
vs.

vs.

triple_h_small.jpg
vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

:rofl: He commentates for MMA now, pretending he knows what he's talking about. WHO'S NEXT?!

I remember reading on wrestling news sites that after his PPV match with the Rock, the Rock said something along the lines of "He doesn't know what he's doing in there" backstage.

The Goldberg statue has more talent than the real deal, and would probably job more than Bill too.

Ladies and gentlemen, your new TNA Heavyweight Champion, the Goldberg statue.

It's about time they started featuring Mickie James more. She's way too good for just "Oh hey, look who's teaming with Ashley/Maria/hot diva of the week"

Heres his real entrance where he falls down after his flurry of punches and kicks.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2JCJOor9w[/media]

[quote name='Demolition Man']:rofl:

We certainly need more Goldberg botch videos in this thread.[/quote]

Anyone got the one where he ends Bret Hart's career?

Edit: NVM found it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvcMxmbwS2A[/media]

:rofl:

guyver's going to be disappointed he didn't get to make the thread himself.

BTW, thanks for putting the link in the old thread, Zen.

[quote name='neocisco']:rofl:

guyver's going to be disappointed he didn't get to make the thread himself.

BTW, thanks for putting the link in the old thread, Zen.[/quote]More like guyver's going to look as angry as that statue when he sees Goldberg being mocked in his own thread...

[quote name='Demolition Man']:rofl:

We certainly need more Goldberg botch videos in this thread.[/QUOTE]
About half of those would be him falling from his PAUNCH PAUNCH KICK COMBO-NATION!

The other half would be Goldberg matches. ZING!

Guys, I just got a text message from Guyver. It's kind of odd.

5:53 P.M.- "My physical address is 2351 NE 192nd St, Miami, FL 33180. The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open."

[quote name='JJSP']This thread needs more evil Santa Goldberg action.[/QUOTE]

A classic right up there with Santa with Muscles.

[quote name='Matt Young']Guys, I just got a text message from Guyver. It's kind of odd.

5:53 P.M.- "My physical address is 2351 NE 192nd St, Miami, FL 33180. The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open."[/quote]

I see what you did there...

[quote name='Midnite']A classic right up there with Santa with Muscles.[/quote]
02%20small%20santa_fs.jpg

Santa Bill (or is that Xanta?) says "I approve this topic".

I turned the show on at 6:02, as the opening video played. Did they announce KOTR in the 2 minutes before that?

Also, why has Jericho been involved (playing heel) in the whole HBK/Batista thing? It seems as though they're setting up HBK/Batista to be one and done before moving on to Shawn/Jericho, which would be a waste of the Shawn/Batista feud.

Heel Jericho > Face Jericho. He's a lot more entertaining when he's playing the "holier than thou" character.

ha ha ha.

This thread is great.

Bout time goldie gets his due.!

Somebody better check up on guyver he might have killed his wife and kid and strangled him self with his own gym equipment! ( I know....I Know.)

That was pretty wrong not to let him do it. Well maybe he can have the cena thread.

I was really surprised that they gave away the title change there instead of saving it for Backlash. I guess they wanted to throw the English fans a bone.

Why have they not mentioned the "history" between Beth and Mickie in a long time? The storyline began during Beth's brief tenure on Raw in 2006, and they mentioned it when she came back in 2007.

No, they mentioned it when Beth came back last year as a heel, and Mickie was face, I believe when Mickie got her first title shot against Beth.

Welp, looks like they just answered my questions about whether HBK/Batista would be a one-off before Shawn goes on to feud with Jericho (bad idea, but they are) and how they'd get the IC title off Jericho before the feud.

List of competitors in the KOTR next week.

Jericho
Umaga
HBK
CM Punk
Batista
Big Show
Triple H
MVP

as per WWE.com

MVP seems to be the most logical choice, since Punk won MitB.

[quote name='Matt Young']List of competitors in the KOTR next week.

Jericho
Umaga
HBK
CM Punk
Batista
Big Show
Triple H
MVP

as per WWE.com

MVP seems to be the most logical choice, since Punk won MitB.[/QUOTE]

Jericho needs it IMO.

No he doesn't - he's established as a top-level guy, and is IC champ. MVP is the U.S. champ, but could use the KotR win to further add to his list of credentials, and make his character even more arrogant.

what is gained by winning the king of the ring? like really? i haven't ever seen the pay-per-view, and when i asked a friend, he simply said "a soda pop." now while i'd enjoy a wrestler coming out every week and treating a bottle of soda like a title, anyone who could shed actual light on this would be appreciated.

well when Booker won the last one, it allowed him to refresh his character (for better or worse) and wound up with a World Title run out of it. ALL HAIL KING BOOKAH

the five time five time five time five time five time wcw champion! KING BOOKA!!!!!! Can you dig it???

You get a cool crown. Or a cape your choice! How long you milk it for is up to you.

If Triple H doesn't win KOTR, then he will certainly be cutting a promo in which the phrase "I AM THE GAME! THE KING OF KINGS! THE GAME!" will be uttered with whoever does.

Excellent show tonight. Beth-Mickie was very good, didn't hurt Beth, and Mickie's tears came across as genuine. Jericho-Umaga was Umaga's best match in months, and an excellent way to showcase him as a major threat after destroying him at 'Mania. Heelish Jericho was awesome tonight, and I look forward to seeing him face HBK once HBK finishes with Batista at Backlash.

Londrick-Santino/Carlito was fun, London sold the back stabber better than anyone, plus, we got a post-match Santino promo, but unfortunately, no celebration. Regal-Orton was Regal's best match in years, had a Regalplex that I never expected to see done on the WWE Champion, had a super-hot crowd, and an excellent finish. Birchill-Duggan was highlighted by Katie Lea's ass. JBL-HHH was JBL's best match since returning, and featured him doing hold exchanges that I don't ever remember him doing pre-retirement. Very good match, and I dug the ending, as it allowed the heels to get one over on HHH finally.

Like last week, tonight's show featured a bunch of funny (or otherwise amusing) signs, including:
Flair Retired, Why Don't You? (directed towards HBK in the opening segment)
Maria, cook my dinner (during women's title match and Santino's match)
I'm a Glamazon
Hungry Hungry Hippo (during the main event)
John Cena - For ages 5-12
I bought my ticket when Cena got injured
I'm going to WrestleMania 25->ME TOO!
Orton Son of a Cowboy!
Raw is Regal
England is Regal Country
UMANGA!
Y2J For Prime Minister
Triple H For My School Head Teacher
Cena Fears Lee Trundle
JBL WHERE'S FAROOO
Cena Want Some Come Get Some

Quotes -
Crowd - REGAL! REGAL!
JBL - I don’t care that you’re in your home country, what I care about is that you are a spineless puppet. Cena and HHH are in MY title match at Backlash - and you just give it to them. They had their chance, now my 1-on-1 title match has become a fatal 4 way.
Regal - Thank goodness it has, because it saved me from having to make the fans to see 2 of the biggest pillicks in WWE history. What do you want?
JBL - What I want is a charter plane - I want to go back to NYC - I am the most valuable commodity, you’d better start taking care of me.
Regal - I’m gonna show some authority - you’re not going home, in fact, for the first time ever tonight, you’re going to be in a match against Triple Haitch!
HBK - You know, the last thing I wanted to do was to come out here and once again address the issue between myself and Batista, but it seems like no matter which country I go to, I have to explain it - so let’s recap - Flair asked me to face him at ‘Mania, I accepted, we had a match for the ages, I beat him, and he thanked me - that is closure, it’s finished. Everyone within the sound of my voice can accept that…except Batista. Dave, I know that it is gonna be hard for you to no longer have your mentor in your life, but on SD, we got to the real issue didn’t we - we got into what’s really bugging you, and it’s me. Image that! You accused me of holding people down and backs tagging people my way to success. Now I’ve got a little news flash for ya - it takes more than that to succeed in this sport. In ‘98, doctors told me that I’d never wrestle again, and in ‘02 I defied them and did it better than anyone expected like I do till this day. Why? Because I’m born to do this - I’m built for this. I’m not proud of some things I’ve done in my past, but I’M SICK AND TIRED OF APOLOGIZING FOR MY PAST! Batista, you say the only reason I retired Flair is to boost my ego and you know that’s not the case. What’s gonna boost it is come Backlash, I kick your teeth down your throat, and then, there’s gonna be absolutely no…(Flair’s theme hits, Jericho comes out, fans boo)
Jericho - I’m sorry that I misled you with that music, but I had to get your point - you can gloss over Flair as much as you want to, but the bottom line is that we’ll never hear that music because of you. I think I’ve figured out the problem Shawn, you’re a phony. At least that’s what Batista thinks. You talk about doing what you love, but what you love most is you, right? I don’t think his problem lies in just you retiring Flair, it’s that deep down inside, you enjoyed retiring him. YOU THRIVED ON RETIRING RIC FALIR! It’s the same way that you say you’re a victim of circumstance, but we all know that you thrived on screwing Bret Hart, the same way you super kicked Marty through a window. Just admit it! If you did, I think he’d respect you, Shawn. Okay, it’s okay. You don’t have to say anything, your eyes say it all. In my opinon, Batista’s being irrational in complaining about Flair being gone, but I don’t think he’s being irrational in not liking you. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if you suggested the idea of the retirement stipulation to McMahon in the first place, JUST ADMIT IT! (HBK super kicks him)
HBK - I’ll admit this - that felt pretty darn good!
J.R. - London and Kendrick on a winning streak here on Raw, and elsewhere.
Lawler - Don’t forget, they were tag champs for many months on SmackDown.
(London grabs Santino’s foot)Santino - JOO TINK DAT’S FUNNY, AH!?
Carlito - HOLLY, CODY RHODES!
Santino - HARDCORE HOLLY, SOFTCORE GODY RHODES, YOU SEE, YOU NEED 3 TINGS TO BE WORLD TAG CHAMPIONS - YOU NEED STRENGTH, AGILIGTY, AND YOU NEED TO BE INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTARS, AND THIS YOU’RE NOT! WHEN WE FIGHT FOR THE WORLD TAG CHAMPIONS! WE WILL BE DA REAL WEINERS!
Carltio - Winners?
Santino - WEINERS! WEE-WEE!
Lawler - This new kids magazine is challenging, it’s got puzzles, quizzes… everything!
Grisham - Mickie, how do you feel?
Mackie - I KNEW IT! I KNEW I COULD BEAT HER! WORDS CAN’T EVEN DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW! (she kisses Grisham)
Lawler - She’s done what seemed impossible - kissed Todd Grisham.
Adamle - Mr. Regal, sorry to interrupt your training, but why did you want to face the best in the world, Randy Orton, tonight?
Regal - I decided to take on the very best in the world to prove that I could beat the very best.
Jericho - You made a fatal four way for the WWE, and seem to be in a giving mood, so I want to be in a triple threat with HBK and Batista. Michaels super kicked my teeth down my throat!
Regal - You can be the special guest referee.
Jericho - I want to wrestle.
Regal - You want to wrestle? Tonight, you can wrestle Youmanga.
Jericho - DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I SAID ABOUT MICHAELS SUPERKICKING MY TEETH DOWN MY THROAT!?
Regal - …and you’ll be defending your Intercontinental championship.
Lawler - Mick Foley’s in Anamorphs, it opens this Friday, IT’S REALLY GOOD!
JTG - YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO!
Crowd - YO!
Shad - London, England, what’s really hood!? JTG, tell ‘em what’s hood. Whether’s in pounds or dollars, people like money, money, yeah yeah! Euros, Euros, yeah, yeah!
J.R. - Trevor’s good enough, tan enough, and by golly, he’s nice enough!
Lawler - Cryme Tyme is Wynona Ryder’s favorite tag team.
J.R - I did not know that.
J.R. - JTG with a kick right to the grill!
Orton - At WrestleMania, everyone thinks that I got lucky - you can call me lucky, but I prefer WWE Champion! How’d I become champion? I beat HHH and I took out John Cena, and after Backlash is over, I’ll have beaten HHH, Cena, and JBL ALL IN THE SAME NIGHT! Hell, I’ve beaten everyone there is to beat. But tonight, I get to beat the Raw general manager, in his own country! It doesn’t matter what continent you’re on - we are all living in the age of Orton!
Crowd - REGAL! REGAL!
J.R. - This match is not being contested on a neutral court here tonight.
J.R. Regal with a break that wasn’t spic and span, and for those in this generation, that means it wasn’t a clean break.
J.R. - Regal left home at 15, before he even had a driver’s license, to fight for money on the streets of Blackpool, England.
Lawler - He’s certainly got a wrestling license.
(Orton grabs a chinlock)Crowd - LET’S GO REGAL! LET’S GO REGAL!
J.R. - Bret Hart was King of the Ring, Stone Cold Steve Austin, HHH, WHO WILL BE NEXT!?
J.R. - Jericho is a musician, but he can’t enjoy sweet chin music.
J.R. - Jericho looking for a pin... found a pin, but no cigar.
J.R. - Umaga’s set to go both ways, and Jericho’s hitting and moving!
HHH - At Backlash, four of the greatest superstars in WWE will do battle for the WWE Championship. There will be no flukes, and no luck. JBL, you should’ve kept that cushy announcing job, because tonight, for the first time ever, one-on-one, it’s time to play the game!
Lawler - To quote you, J.R., this match is gonna be a slobber knocker!
JBL - RESPECT ME, YOU GOT THAT PUNK!? RESPECT ME!
J.R. - JBL’s head’s gotta be throbbin’!

Screens -

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back