The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='edavis0780']Which store is this? Did you find those copies of Twin Snakes again?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what store it was at the moment, gotta check my map I made since I am very unfamiliar with the area/streets, its in garden grove though, I think.

Funny you ask that, I couldn't find it at the 2 stores I saw them at (this was yesterday) and I asked if they had anymore, and the woman said oh someone just bought it, I didn't ask at the 2nd one. But I assumed it was one of you guys on here...

Anybody happen to check on the price of DDR Universe 2 for the xbox360, since the used price dropped another 5$ to 19.99? It's registered as a bundle on the site, potentially allowing you to keep the mat, and Second Spin shows a TIV of 18.00. I would have done it myself, but the phone was dead and I was out of town.

[quote name='dyeknom']Anybody happen to check on the price of DDR Universe 2 for the xbox360, since the used price dropped another 5$ to 19.99? It's registered as a bundle on the site, potentially allowing you to keep the mat, and Second Spin shows a TIV of 18.00. I would have done it myself, but the phone was dead and I was out of town.[/QUOTE]

what site?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I'm not sure what store it was at the moment, gotta check my map I made since I am very unfamiliar with the area/streets, its in garden grove though, I think.

Funny you ask that, I couldn't find it at the 2 stores I saw them at (this was yesterday) and I asked if they had anymore, and the woman said oh someone just bought it, I didn't ask at the 2nd one. But I assumed it was one of you guys on here...[/quote]

Are you talking about Garden Grove (about the Twin Snakes)? I purchased both in Cerritos/Santa Fe Springs actually.

[quote name='edavis0780']Are you talking about Garden Grove (about the Twin Snakes)? I purchased both in Cerritos/Santa Fe Springs actually.[/QUOTE]

Sort of, when I said I saw them (twin snakes) it was at garden grove BBVs, and someone, you? said if I got them you pay GS credit. And since they were gone yesterday I assumed someone from here grabbed them.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Sort of, when I said I saw them (twin snakes) it was at garden grove BBVs, and someone, you? said if I got them you pay GS credit. And since they were gone yesterday I assumed someone from here grabbed them.[/quote]

I wish someone would have contacted me about it already. Nothing's come up yet.

It is kind of sad to see a deal like this go. I was eyeing a few BBs with some decent GCN games that were ready to be transferred.

[quote name='vanlandw']Yeah I got Octo blocked today. I went to the same BBV and they said I've already traded those games before and they wouldn't take them. Oddly enough I saw none of my copies of the game on the shelves so I would assume they sold them. Ended up going to another BBV and they took the games BUT no longer worth $23 dollars so it was a rough day for me.[/quote]

How much WAS it worth @ BBV though? I want to know if it's still a 100% profit over the purchase price from GS.

If not, then I'll probably hold off trading anything else in for a while.

As posted previously, Octomania is now down to $9.

Blockbuster has always had a price matching policy as far as trades go, but that whole system is kinda flawed as you need to bring in a receipt. If you bring in a receipt, it most likely means you've already traded a copy of the game. I think thats what the manager was referring to. I really cant see BB matching prices to sell games.

Last edited by a moderator:
TIVs before midnight EDT -

:ps3: Warhawk - $23

After midnight -

:ps3: HC: BftP - $26
:wii: DwtS - $26

There was a huge sign at GR saying that if you spend $25 you will be automatically entered into a drawing for a :wii: system. A winner at every store. Promo starts on the 5th. So I guess the next time you buy something over $25, make sure they scan your membership card first. ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only dumba$$ to get banned from trading at gamestop. IMO its easier to get banned from GS than BB :eek:. Its easy to give them a fake name/address/phone number, but if they are tracking your edge card that will be hard to counter unless you get a new one :/. Or worse comes to worse let someone else do trading for you :)

[quote name='Bezerker']As posted previously, Octomania is now down to $9.

Blockbuster has always had a price matching policy as far as trades go, but that whole system is kinda flawed as you need to bring in a receipt. If you bring in a receipt, it most likely means you've already traded a copy of the game. I think thats what the manager was referring to. I really cant see BB matching prices to sell games.[/quote]

Well that sucks, since I was hoping it would've held it's value for a bit longer, so I could've traded in 2 copies at each of my local BBV stores and made 100%+ profit over what I was going to pay for the game(s).

I just wish I didn't procrastinate as long as I did, since I would've liked to pump up my credit total a bit from the meager(compared to some of you)$46 it's at now.

got 10 more trades to do then will be posting my final earnings :whistle2:D won't be as large as many of the rest of you dedicated flippers, but I'm happy with it and that's all that matters :whistle2:D

and it is indeed very unfortunate that Octomania went down to $9...but to look on the positive side, no loss really :)

[quote name='cheapskate01']I'm glad I'm not the only dumba$$ to get banned from trading at gamestop. IMO its easier to get banned from GS than BB :eek:. Its easy to give them a fake name/address/phone number, but if they are tracking your edge card that will be hard to counter unless you get a new one :/. Or worse comes to worse let someone else do trading for you :)[/quote]

A flipper only qualifies as a dumb ass if they blatantly did something unnecessarily stupid to compromise themselves or others in here i.e. dumping a large amount of duplicates in one visit, bragging excessively, mentioning CAG or the term 'flipping', or being a jackass in general by complaining about coupons.

Many of us who have been banned from either store played the game as best we could strictly adhering to the rules and advice posted in this thread. Thankfully many of the very same people banned quickly resolved their particular situations and are still here to flip another day. 90% of the time it can been chalked up to nearly anything from a random string of bad luck, mistaken identity, petty thieves (in my case) or paranoid managers. Lately though a hoarding leecher ruining a good deal while setting off alarms is our worst nightmare and can rarely be avoided.

To put it simply... shit happens. I would only let the risk scare off any potential newbie if their sole interest is making 'x' amount of profit in one hour while passing out fake coupons and TIV lists in every store he or she plans to visit.

[quote name='stone1061']Also states 'no purchase necessary'. Hmmmm.[/quote]

They have to do this. Otherwise it's considered running a lottery, which is illegal in many states. Not sure why they even bother mentioning spending $25 to be entered then...but I guess a sucker is born every minute.

[quote name='stone1061']Free Nintendo Wii console and accesories at Blockbuster!

http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

Fine prints states one entry per person, per day. runs until 9.06(or 8).
Spend $25 and be entered, must have membership.
Also states 'no purchase necessary'. Hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

Fine print from this link: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores/wiiSweepstakesRules

You may also enter without purchase or visiting the Store by legibly hand printing your name, address (including zip code), day and night telephone numbers (including area code), age and email address (optional) on a 3"x5" piece of paper/card and send it in a #10 business size envelope with the Store number legibly printed on the front of the envelope and mail to: BLOCKBUSTER Nintendo Wii Giveaway, PO Box 847, Tenafly, NJ 07670. You can obtain your Store's identification number by calling the Store and requesting it. Mail-in entries without the Store identification number legibly written on the front of the envelope will be disqualified. No copies, mechanical reproductions or metered mail accepted. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than 9/8/08 and received on or before 9/15/08. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one (1) entry per person per Store per day regardless of the method of entry. Multiple entries on the same day will not be entered and shall result in voiding all entries but the first one.

I hit as many stores as I could last night, at the very last one I found
Mario Sunshine
WarioWorld
Mario Tennis
Mario Strikers
Mario Golf
Kingdom Hearts 2
Fzero GC

Not a bad stop.
I converted as much GS to BB credit as I could last night, then went on a buying spree. I've got 150 games to trade in (I've got 12 sets of Manhunt, SM FoF, Iridium, Golden Compass, Bee Movie, and TH Wasteland) There is a DM for GS here who knows what I'm doing, and has no problem with it, especially since two of his stores NEED used game inventory. I started with $200, I've spent $450 or so on myself, and should finish with around $1300-$1400 in credit.

I have conformation on a clearance video game sale, however the manger could not tell me the systems or the games off the top of his head. He relayed to me that it would all be done by the end of the day. Do you guys have any idea what those titles or what platform the clearance will be for?

[quote name='Capa']I hit as many stores as I could last night, at the very last one I found
Mario Sunshine
WarioWorld
Mario Tennis
Mario Strikers
Mario Golf
Kingdom Hearts 2
Fzero GC

Not a bad stop.
I converted as much GS to BB credit as I could last night, then went on a buying spree. I've got 150 games to trade in (I've got 12 sets of Manhunt, SM FoF, Iridium, Golden Compass, Bee Movie, and TH Wasteland) There is a DM for GS here who knows what I'm doing, and has no problem with it, especially since two of his stores NEED used game inventory. I started with $200, I've spent $450 or so on myself, and should finish with around $1300-$1400 in credit.[/quote]

I call BS on the $200 >>> $1400 JUST from this last GS promo. Im guessing you are going back a few promos...say the 25% off promos and the extra $10 promo. Maybe even back to the Fantastic Four flip. For every $4 spent you made $25-$30. WTF?

[quote name='millerjm2']I have conformation on a clearance video game sale, however the manger could not tell me the systems or the games off the top of his head. He relayed to me that it would all be done by the end of the day. Do you guys have any idea what those titles or what platform the clearance will be for?[/QUOTE]
Hmm... very interesting...

[quote name='millerjm2']I have conformation on a clearance video game sale, however the manger could not tell me the systems or the games off the top of his head. He relayed to me that it would all be done by the end of the day. Do you guys have any idea what those titles or what platform the clearance will be for?[/quote]

Likely their remaining inventory of :ps2: and :gc:.

[quote name='king007']I call BS on the $200 >>> $1400 JUST from this last GS promo. Im guessing you are going back a few promos...say the 25% off promos and the extra $10 promo. Maybe even back to the Fantastic Four flip. For every $4 spent you made $25-$30. WTF?[/quote]

Well, going back to the FF flip, that WAS $4 to $30... ;D

I wish I could catch some of these clearance deals where you get $30 trade for $5-$6 bucks..... The best thing I've managed is Octomania, Eye of Judgement, & Blacksite.

Edit: Thanks to this month of deals I have so much credit that I'm not sure I'll be able to spend it all in a reasonable amount of time. I'm glad I managed to stumble across this thread.

[quote name='DaDeuce']I wish I could catch some of these clearance deals where you get $30 trade for $5-$6 bucks..... The best thing I've managed is Octomania, Eye of Judgement, & Blacksite.

Edit: Thanks to this month of deals I have so much credit that I'm not sure I'll be able to spend it all in a reasonable amount of time. I'm glad I managed to stumble across this thread.[/quote]

The majority time, you usually only get a 2x ratio. The past 2 months have just been a godsend for racking up the big bucks with little cash used. There's always something around the corner though. . .

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Well, going back to the FF flip, that WAS $4 to $30... ;D[/quote]

yeah but that was as good as it ever got. to reach that number from $200 without the FF4 flip would have required alot of leg work and alot of luck with GS having a ton of flippable games.

[quote name='millerjm2']I have conformation on a clearance video game sale, however the manger could not tell me the systems or the games off the top of his head. He relayed to me that it would all be done by the end of the day. Do you guys have any idea what those titles or what platform the clearance will be for?[/quote]

it'll be interesting to see what this is. I looked through all of our MAP and communications and didn't see any mention of this. There are a bunch of things going on clearance, but I didn't see ANY games on the clearance lists. From what I remember from the lists, there was:

-Lots of used movies going down to $1.99
-A bunch of framed art prices getting dropped by 50%
-Stores with electronics (flip cameras, Ipod accessories, and a few other things I can't remember), getting dropped by 30% or more.
-Some of the licensed crap dropping by 25% or more.
-Candy/popcorn that's not selling succesfully is being dropped in price (some for the second time now).

Like I said, I don't remember seeing anything about games, but it might be because we sold out of almost all last gen games at our store during the B1G1 (we literally have less than 5 games left between PS2, GCN, and Xbox).

Lastly, stores with less than 20 games for rent in the GCN or Xbox section are being told to convert them all games for sale. We did ours when the B1G1 sale started.

[quote name='stone1061']Free Nintendo Wii console and accesories at Blockbuster!

http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

Fine prints states one entry per person, per day. runs until 9.06(or 8).
Spend $25 and be entered, must have membership.
Also states 'no purchase necessary'. Hmmmm.[/quote]

As everyone who has been to a BB 850 times in the last month knows, the 2 out combo pass is $34.99 and the 1 out at a time combo pass is $21.99. While I am mildly interested in winning a free Wii and will continue to enter the drawing for that regularly (and I'll end up with a couple of those "gamer packs"), the interesting thing about that link is that it states that the 2 out pass is $21.99. I'm sure it was supposed to say "starting at $21.99" but that's not what it says.

What do you think the odds are that we could get that pass for that price? :lol:

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']As everyone who has been to a BB 850 times in the last month knows, the 2 out combo pass is $34.99 and the 1 out at a time combo pass is $21.99. While I am mildly interested in winning a free Wii and will continue to enter the drawing for that regularly (and I'll end up with a couple of those "gamer packs"), the interesting thing about that link is that it states that the 2 out pass is $21.99. I'm sure it was supposed to say "starting at $21.99" but that's not what it says.

What do you think the odds are that we could get that pass for that price? :lol:[/quote]

I noticed that too. It wouldn't hurt to print it out and take it in, see if the manager will honor it. I know our store won't, but that doesn't mean others won't.

[quote name='animemaniac14']strange news about bbv:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...g4tv&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=TheFeed[/quote]

Does this smell like desperation to anyone else?

Blockbuster was losing money, so they tried the online thing. They did the in store exchanges to get an edge, but realized that no one was giving money to their B&M anymore so they limited exchanges. They tried game trade ins. They're going to try these kiosks. Soon I'm sure they'll implement online streaming... they might be spreading themselves a bit too thin, but they also may not have a choice.

Warner -

It seems like this would have to be honored by corporate. It clearly states a price and feature set, with no disclaimer whatsoever (for the pass, the wii promotion has tons of them).

I really like the people at my local store, but the online deal just isn't that great anymore, this would be a LOT better for me. Trying to decide if it's worth pushing for, because I don't want to raise too many eyebrows, but I definately want in on this deal.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Any word on whether or not Blockbuster will start selling the new 60 GB 360s?[/quote]

Not that I've seen. I think it depends on what happens with the X360 bundles that are currently in stores. I know in our district, all stores have had 4 360's in stock since 4 months ago, without a single one sold. We've finally started selling one or two here and there now that we've got the bundle available. Most likely though, given the poor sales of the units by themselves, BBV won't carry them unless msft offers BBV a bundle to sell.

[quote name='animemaniac14']strange news about bbv:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...g4tv&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=TheFeed[/quote]

While the "blue box" kiosk is news to me, The big boys at corporate have been throwing around the idea of being able to burn a movie to disk and sell it, johnny on the spot, since Jim Keyes hopped on board. Obviously they've got technical/legal aspects to work around, but don't be surprised if you see that available by next year. The idea is to have a kiosk in store that you walk up to, find your movie, and then decide whether you want it on your thumb drive or a burned disk and then wait 2 minutes while it transfers the data for you. It'll be interesting to see if it works well in a business setting.

As for the desperation thing mentioned by GuardianE... yes and no. BBV is afraid to miss out on a money maker like they did back in the days of netflix. If you don't remember, before netflix was popular, they offered their business to BBV for $X million and BBV declined. 3 years later, netflix was worth 10x the inital offer. After realizing their bonehead mistake they hopped on the bandwagon (unlike Hollywood video who missed the wagon completely and is now still wondering where everyone went). Now they're trying to hop on every bandwagon they can find before it gets too far ahead of them.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']It seems like this would have to be honored by corporate. It clearly states a price and feature set, with no disclaimer whatsoever (for the pass, the wii promotion has tons of them).

I really like the people at my local store, but the online deal just isn't that great anymore, this would be a LOT better for me. Trying to decide if it's worth pushing for, because I don't want to raise too many eyebrows, but I definately want in on this deal.[/quote]

Stores can claim it's a typo and therefore doesn't need to be honored. I'm sure if you raised enough stink, they'd honor it anyways, but who wants to call that much attention to themselves/their account? As for the online deal... yeah, with the new CEO, his first goal was to cut the online subscriber base in half, but continue bringing in the same amount of money. With the old CEO, the entire online progrm was breaking even (losing money if you count advertising), regardless of how many subscribers we had. With the new CEo, so long as the subscriber base stays above 1.2 million, BBV turns a profit. So sure, we went from 4 million down to 2 million subscribers, but we made money in the process and now have a steady stream a revenue from that part of the company (and apparently from my experiences with blockbuster.com this morning they revamped the website).

[quote name='GuardianE']Does this smell like desperation to anyone else?

Blockbuster was losing money, so they tried the online thing. They did the in store exchanges to get an edge, but realized that no one was giving money to their B&M anymore so they limited exchanges. They tried game trade ins. They're going to try these kiosks. Soon I'm sure they'll implement online streaming... they might be spreading themselves a bit too thin, but they also may not have a choice.[/quote]

I don't know for how long, but they have a Beta online streaming tab on their website. I saw it earlier today following a previous link in this thread about wii contetst.

[quote name='Warner1281']it'll be interesting to see what this is. I looked through all of our MAP and communications and didn't see any mention of this. There are a bunch of things going on clearance, but I didn't see ANY games on the clearance lists. From what I remember from the lists, there was:

-Lots of used movies going down to $1.99
-Stores with electronics (flip cameras, Ipod accessories, and a few other things I can't remember), getting dropped by 30% or more.
-Candy/popcorn that's not selling succesfully is being dropped in price (some for the second time now).

Like I said, I don't remember seeing anything about games, but it might be because we sold out of almost all last gen games at our store during the B1G1 (we literally have less than 5 games left between PS2, GCN, and Xbox).

Lastly, stores with less than 20 games for rent in the GCN or Xbox section are being told to convert them all games for sale. We did ours when the B1G1 sale started.[/quote]

Yesterday they too told me about the movies being cleared out. The information about the GCN and X-Box games are news to me though. There are several BBs around here that have yet to convert their last gen games so this may be good news, however I can only speculate. I'll make a run later on tonight and see if there is any truth to this and get back to all of you.

[quote name='king007']yeah but that was as good as it ever got. to reach that number from $200 without the FF4 flip would have required alot of leg work and alot of luck with GS having a ton of flippable games.[/quote]

Not impossible at all...I turned $50 BB store credit into ~$500 combined (GS/BB) store credit over a 10 day span...in a town with only 5 BB and 4 GS.

god, I dont wanna go back to GS...

I got about 15 games on the floor next to me, and gotta leave for work soon. But without the prospect of flipping via the b1g1 deal at BBV, I feel soooo lazy... I might not get these games to gs for another few days, added up it should get me around $120 or so.

im a little relieved the b1g1 is over. for the past week i've been spending my couple hours before work running around flipping. now i can finally relax before work. it was good while it lasted though. thanks to the perfect storm im up $200 cash and have over $1000 total credit at various stores (gamecrazy, gamestop, bbv, and fye). thanks to all who have contributed.

[quote name='Warner1281']

Lastly, stores with less than 20 games for rent in the GCN or Xbox section are being told to convert them all games for sale. We did ours when the B1G1 sale started.[/QUOTE]

Any chance any of the Beatles posters are getting the 50% discount? I've already bought 2 there at full price (my son really wanted them) but I held off on that $39.99 album cover one but would gladly snag that at $20.

Also, the "licensed crap" wouldn't happen to include Wall-E toys would it? I've also bought a ton of those at full price when I dragged my kids around on flipping runs (how could I refuse with such cheap credit and them putting up with all my stops? :lol:). But I never bought the bigger ones so those might be good to get if a discount comes along.

As for the last point, damn, I wish at least one of the stores around here (and I must have gone to at least 10) had done that at any point during the B1G1. They have all stubbornly held on to their Xbox and GC rental sections.

Any chance any of the Beatles posters are getting the 50% discount? I've already bought 2 there at full price (my son really wanted them) but I held off on that $39.99 album cover one but would gladly snag that at $20.

Negative. Mostly crap that is only popular at certain times (Indiana Jones would be likely) and stuff that just isn't selling well (NASCAR stuff was on the list).

Also, the "licensed crap" wouldn't happen to include Wall-E toys would it? I've also bought a ton of those at full price when I dragged my kids around on flipping runs (how could I refuse with such cheap credit and them putting up with all my stops? :lol:). But I never bought the bigger ones so those might be good to get if a discount comes along.

I honestly don't remember. I'm guessing the Indiana Jones and Hannah Montana stuff are on there. Wall-E might last a little bit longer before going on clearance, but I didn't look into the specifics so it might be on clearance too.

As for the last point, damn, I wish at least one of the stores around here (and I must have gone to at least 10) had done that at any point during the B1G1. They have all stubbornly held on to their Xbox and GC rental sections.

A lot of stores are being stubborn about this. Our store jumped on the opportunity the moment it became possible. We were relieved to get a little open space in our game section so we could put in the new DS section and open up the next-gen stuff so it didn't look so cramped. But yeah, it isn't being required just yet. Only suggested.

For those that traded Warhawk in, how did you get around the "not for resale" label? I tried to trade my copy in but they wouldn't take it.

[quote name='milmanias']For those that traded Warhawk in, how did you get around the "not for resale" label? I tried to trade my copy in but they wouldn't take it.[/quote]

I went to like 10 Gamestops and found only one with the barcode. Didn't matter anyway because it didn't come up and they had to look it up in the system.

[quote name='Warner1281']Negative. Mostly crap that is only popular at certain times (Indiana Jones would be likely) and stuff that just isn't selling well (NASCAR stuff was on the list).

I honestly don't remember. I'm guessing the Indiana Jones and Hannah Montana stuff are on there. Wall-E might last a little bit longer before going on clearance, but I didn't look into the specifics so it might be on clearance too.

A lot of stores are being stubborn about this. Our store jumped on the opportunity the moment it became possible. We were relieved to get a little open space in our game section so we could put in the new DS section and open up the next-gen stuff so it didn't look so cramped. But yeah, it isn't being required just yet. Only suggested.[/quote]

Have any idea when BB's are gonna start selling used blu-rays?

[quote name='DaDeuce']Have any idea when BB's are gonna start selling used blu-rays?[/quote]

a couple already do. But the general answer is, about 8-12 months from when your store started carrying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back