The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='awp']Has anyone seen Battlefield:Bad Company yet at Blockbuster?

They say they won't get it in until Friday, but lately -- since they are pushing pre-sales big time -- it seems like they've been getting things in when other stores actually get new releases (Tuesday or Wednesday).[/quote]

nope. All stores will get the shipment on Friday.

[quote name='asthmatic']

any body with MLB 2k8 get the bobble head site to work?[/quote]

Nah...pretty sure the offer is over so the site is down. Oh well hahaha.

On a sidenote if anyone was wondering NHL08 for PS3 gets $30. I dont normally trade in my catalog games but since its a sports game and come Sept 2 I wont eve touch it again, I guess having it pay for half of 09 isnt a bad deal.

[quote name='Warner1281']nope. All stores will get the shipment on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Stopped by my store at lunch and they got in the RENTAL copies, but not the retail copies. This is BS. Blockbuster pushes pre-orders (my local manager actually begged me to preorder this so they can met their quota) and then they give preference to their rental population.

I think if they get rental copies in before the retail copies and you pre-ordered, then you should be able to get a free rental of it until the retail copies come in!

This is really getting ridiculous...

Friday I went in to trade and they didn't have the trade forms.
Tuesday I went in and was told i needed the account to be in my name... Spent a couple of minutes doing it and then I asked to trade in games. The two working employees didn't know how to do the trades -_-. I don't think they even had a MOD at the time.
Today I went in and the system wasn't working. Everything's set. My account and all that garbage, but the system isn't working.

I also bought an Edge card today anticipating that I could start flipping, but no... I guess it'll just sit in my wallet gathering dust -_-....

Tomorrow will be my 4th trip there in one week. If trading doesn't work tomorrow, I'm going to flip out.

[quote name='DarkRider23']

Tomorrow will be my 4th trip there in one week. If trading doesn't work tomorrow, I'm going to flip out.[/quote]

hehehe

[quote name='mikeyme']usually at wat time of the day does blockbuster gets thier shipment in and processed?[/quote]

Shipments usually arrive by noon or 1PM and depending on the size of the shipment, can take from 2 hours to 2 days.

Re: Bad Company rentals.
I'm actually very surprised your store even had that. None of the stores were supposed to receive the rental OR retail versions til Friday. How many copies did they have?

[quote name='Warner1281']Shipments usually arrive by noon or 1PM and depending on the size of the shipment, can take from 2 hours to 2 days.

Re: Bad Company rentals.
I'm actually very surprised your store even had that. None of the stores were supposed to receive the rental OR retail versions til Friday. How many copies did they have?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how many copies they got. This was just over the phone with the manager. He didn't know why they had gotten in only the rentals. But I plan to stop by after work to check to see if they got the retail copies....and bitch if they didn't to see if they give me one of their rentals.

[quote name='awp']I'm not sure how many copies they got. This was just over the phone with the manager. He didn't know why they had gotten in only the rentals. But I plan to stop by after work to check to see if they got the retail copies....and bitch if they didn't to see if they give me one of their rentals.[/quote]

Use a free rental coupon and then to tell them you want to keep it.

[quote name='awp']I'm not sure how many copies they got. This was just over the phone with the manager. He didn't know why they had gotten in only the rentals. But I plan to stop by after work to check to see if they got the retail copies....and bitch if they didn't to see if they give me one of their rentals.[/quote]

That seems pointless, they have done it this way forever, rentals first followed by to buy copies. I think the reason is obvious, if you rent then buy they profit twice, the buy price even after renting a new game is the same as the regular buy price for an initial period. They stopped deducting the coupon from the initial price last year when they realized for people like me it was an instant 8$ discount on ANY game (I used to get 2 free game rentals, bastards reduced it to 1 this month).

I've grown accustomed to this limitation of GR preorders, I think of it like getting Amazon free shipping vs paying for Next day delivery, it's just a matter of saving a buck or two (by using low cost credit).

Anyway, I don't give them back their rentals on time, so it's only fair they deliver my games to me late :)

[quote name='CaoPi']Amazon DotD: Monster Jam for Wii and 360 $16 any idea how much these are trading in for?[/quote]

Jack squat. They've both been $16 at my TRU for months now.

And from this point forward, anyone that constantly asks others to check TIV's will personally receive a kick in the ass from either myself or io. ;)

[quote name='stoned99']That seems pointless, they have done it this way forever, rentals first followed by to buy copies. I think the reason is obvious, if you rent then buy they profit twice, the buy price even after renting a new game is the same as the regular buy price for an initial period. They stopped deducting the coupon from the initial price last year when they realized for people like me it was an instant 8$ discount on ANY game (I used to get 2 free game rentals, bastards reduced it to 1 this month).

I've grown accustomed to this limitation of GR preorders, I think of it like getting Amazon free shipping vs paying for Next day delivery, it's just a matter of saving a buck or two (by using low cost credit).

Anyway, I don't give them back their rentals on time, so it's only fair they deliver my games to me late :)[/QUOTE]

I had gotten used to it as well, but lately they've really ramped up their push to have pre-orders and have started getting some games in on-time. So if they really want to compete with other stores with pre-orders, etc., then they need to change their strategy.

I think Im screwed just received stranglehold today to find out that two blockbusters nearby had $8 trade in value for 360 version ce.

If you bought the 360 version to flip, you weren't reading carefully enough anyway. That 360 version hasn't been flipping material for a while, it was only the PS3 version that was gettting the $33.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']If you bought the 360 version to flip, you weren't reading carefully enough anyway. That 360 version hasn't been flipping material for a while, it was only the PS3 version that was gettting the $33.[/quote]

Not true. The CE of it on 360 was actually getting the most TIV at $35 (or maybe $36).

Either way bad planning to order it from somewhere.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']so anyone who's bought a 40gb ps3 at blockbuster recently know if they are the newer chips using the 65nm?[/quote]

40GB have always had 65nm.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Not true. The CE of it on 360 was actually getting the most TIV at $35 (or maybe $36).

Either way bad planning to order it from somewhere.[/quote]

Lamp is right. The 360 CE was at $35 until yesterday. I know Gamefly had the 360 version for $9.99, but I didn't think it was the CE. I hope you didn't pay much more than that, otherwise, you did get burned. Not sure what the TIV at GameStop is, but if you pair it with the $10 bonus, you might make out ok. Otherwise, just trade them to BB for $8 and cut your losses.

Or hell, even play the game. That's gotta be $8 of entertainment. But use this as a lesson to keep up with the thread. People have been discussing the VERY likely drop of SH for a while now.

I'd say it was a good day. Found a Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) at GS and traded that for $30 at BB. With that $30 I was able to get Spiderman FoF to flip to GS, and Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC) for $15.

Only 4 days left to cash in on the BB -> GS flipping.

[quote name='Bezerker']I'd say it was a good day. Found a Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) at GS and traded that for $30 at BB. With that $30 I was able to get Spiderman FoF to flip to GS, and Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC) for $15.

Only 4 days left to cash in on the BB -> GS flipping.[/quote]

Nice, I wish I could find some used SST for PS3 around here. Im gonna end up just grabbing two new copies of it I guess. Still 2 dollars more in TIV after you take out the extra 2 dollars to buy it new.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Not true. The CE of it on 360 was actually getting the most TIV at $35 (or maybe $36).

Either way bad planning to order it from somewhere.[/quote]

Yep. CE was $35. PS3 version was $33. Got my 80GB MGS4 bundle for a little over $200 cause of these 2 games with a little help from Sega Tennis (PS3) + Viking (PS3) at the end. Been working MLB 2k8 to the bone (5-6 flipped already) Now time to keep an eye out for used copies of spiderwick (wii) floating around. Gets $30 and most people cant wait to get rid of it.

[quote name='Warner1281']Re: Bad Company rentals.
I'm actually very surprised your store even had that. None of the stores were supposed to receive the rental OR retail versions til Friday. How many copies did they have?[/QUOTE]

Went back and sure enough the rental copies were in. About 4 of each (PS3/360). When I asked if I could buy one and they could have my retail copy for rental, they agreed to do it. But when they went to ring it up, they said, "oh, wait, this isn't even supposed to be released until 6/27". I was like, "Well, everyone else -- from Gamestop to Walmart -- is already selling it."

Needless to say, they wouldn't give it to me and said they had to go by the date in the system. I know, it's the usual Blockbuster thing. But this time, they really did have it in the store prior to the Friday date they usually do. And it's not a street dated title with the "DO NOT SELL BEFORE XX/XX/XXXX" sticker. BB needs to get on top of things if they want to be treated seriously for gaming pre-release sales.

[quote name='king007']Yep. CE was $35. PS3 version was $33. Got my 80GB MGS4 bundle for a little over $200 cause of these 2 games with a little help from Sega Tennis (PS3) + Viking (PS3) at the end. Been working MLB 2k8 to the bone (5-6 flipped already) Now time to keep an eye out for used copies of spiderwick (wii) floating around. Gets $30 and most people cant wait to get rid of it.[/quote]

how much does spiderwick cost?

[quote name='FoxAlive']how much does spiderwick cost?[/quote]

You can get them off ebay anywhere from 15-25. But awhile ago Amazon had them for 14.99. I only grabbed one at the time. Wish I had grabbed at least 3.

Although I think its always the case because I grabbed 2 of the ML2K8s and I wish I had grabbed another 2 lol.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']You can get them off ebay anywhere from 15-25. But awhile ago Amazon had them for 14.99. I only grabbed one at the time. Wish I had grabbed at least 3.

Although I think its always the case because I grabbed 2 of the ML2K8s and I wish I had grabbed another 2 lol.[/quote]

Hell, for Spiderwick I grabbed 10, I wish I got 20. I would have easily dropped $500 on MLB 2k8 had I gotten to them on time.

[quote name='Bezerker']Hell, for Spiderwick I grabbed 10, I wish I got 20. I would have easily dropped $500 on MLB 2k8 had I gotten to them on time.[/quote]

hmm they look cheaper on ebay, althuogh its the same as half.com, the game is more expensive on there

[quote name='Bezerker']Hell, for Spiderwick I grabbed 10, I wish I got 20. I would have easily dropped $500 on MLB 2k8 had I gotten to them on time.[/quote]

Well I only have about 5 blockbusters I can trade to and Im trying REALLY hard not to get banned lol so I havent traded in more then 1 copy of something at any of the stores. I MIGHT go up to 2 copies here soon if we get something worthwhile.

Right now I have to make a trip sometime this week to trade in:

GH3x2
MLB2K8x2
DMC4
NHL08
SSTx2

[quote name='doubledown']Any of the Toys R Us clearance games worth flipping? I picked up Splinter Cell for $5....what does that net at GR?[/quote]

Check Fantastic Four RSS for Wii TIV at your local Blockbusters.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Well I only have about 5 blockbusters I can trade to and Im trying REALLY hard not to get banned lol so I havent traded in more then 1 copy of something at any of the stores. I MIGHT go up to 2 copies here soon if we get something worthwhile.

Right now I have to make a trip sometime this week to trade in:

GH3x2
MLB2K8x2
DMC4
NHL08
SSTx2[/quote]

Is the nhl 08 a personal? If not where are you getting them from?

[quote name='king007']Is the nhl 08 a personal? If not where are you getting them from?[/quote]

Yeah NHL08 is a personal. Considering my backlog of games right now and NHL09 coming out in 3 months I probably wont play this much more and when 09 comes out Ill never play it. So I figured I would take the $30 for it now and that pays for half of 09 for me easily.

[quote name='FoxAlive']how much does spiderwick cost?[/quote]

There was a guy selling them on ebay for $11 with $8 shipping. But the catch was he only charged $.25 for each additional. I had a free ship coupon from ebay and bought 2 for $22. He had 13 more available when i purchased. Went back the next day to buy more and yep he was all out.:bomb:

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Nah...pretty sure the offer is over so the site is down. Oh well hahaha.
[/quote]

Sucks, I even checked when that game came out. I thought after 3 months they would still have some. I was going to keep one for myself and share the other 9 codes with my CAGs

Tonight - 2 stores (one corp and one franchise)

Bought
360 MTR $6.99 x 4 ($10.50 each TIV at GS)
360 EDF $6.99 x 2 ($10.50 each at GS)

Tonight TIV -
360 GH 3 - $28.50
wii Sonic Riders - $26

[quote name='donut']Tonight - 2 stores (one corp and one franchise)

Bought
360 MTR $6.99 x 4 ($10.50 each TIV at GS)
360 EDF $6.99 x 2 ($10.50 each at GS)

Tonight TIV -
360 GH 3 - $28.50
wii Sonic Riders - $26[/quote]

Man, youre lucky to find that many MTRs and EDFs....my three stores only had 2 copies (both same store) of MTR and only 1 of EDF. Makes me sad. lol

EDIT: On a sidenote on gamestop.com they have Sonic Riders for Wii for $19.99 NEW but $34.99 USED lol... So it could be another ok option to go with SST if youre flipping back and forth with BB/GS credit. It says Temp price reduction...anyone think the used versions will come down to match to say like 17.99?

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Man, youre lucky to find that many MTRs and EDFs....my three stores only had 2 copies (both same store) of MTR and only 1 of EDF. Makes me sad. lol

EDIT: On a sidenote on gamestop.com they have Sonic Riders for Wii for $19.99 NEW but $34.99 USED lol... So it could be another ok option to go with SST if youre flipping back and forth with BB/GS credit. It says Temp price reduction...anyone think the used versions will come down to match to say like 17.99?[/quote]

I think I saw Sonic Riders Wii for 39.99 used at BBV today. It might be an old price tho. But if they are actually selling it for 39.99, the TIV is probably like 22.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I think I saw Sonic Riders Wii for 39.99 used at BBV today. It might be an old price tho. But if they are actually selling it for 39.99, the TIV is probably like 22.[/quote]

It has already been posted...including the post DIRECTLY above mine that its $26 for sonic riders for wii. So it would be the same as doing the SST for Wii.

Found a couple of EDF 360 to flip to GS among others. I'm now down to flipping mostly disc only copies. Don't know how I had missed that EDF was $6.99 and traded in for $10.50 at GS. Down to about $50 in BB credit and no used SSTs in sight. It's ok though since the BBs in my area are pretty much cleaned out of flippable games.

TIV (over the phone):

NCAA Football 08 360 - $12 - 6/25/08
Spyro Wii - $13 - 6/25/08

NCAA College Football 08 is down to $14.99 at my Target. Tried to pick up 2 copies using two of the $10 coupons and a $5 coupon but was shot down because just as she was about to scan the 1st coupon the cashier noticed the exp date.

$5.3x -> $24 would have been nice. Will try again with different cashier (games were locked up in the glass case).

I found a new BB->GS transfer game. Nothing special, but Jumper is $9.99 at BB and trades for $9.40 after bonus. I also found Golden Compass for $9.99 but I may actually keep that (after all I have the penny guide to go with it). I was tempted to keep Jumper too for the "so bad it's good" factor but I dumped it. I'm sure I can find another ;). Both were mint as they were probably never rented. (Edit - wow, I didn't realize just how bad these games are: Golden Compass has a 41 average from Metacritic and Jumper a 29!)

So I hit up one Blockbuster that didn't have much last time I went there and it seemed they were restocked with all of these good GS transfer games. WTF is up with that? I got PotC, TRL, SM3 x 2, 360 MtR, and Shrek the 3rd. I swear I had bought any decent copies of those from this store last week but these were all in good condition. I also traded a PS3 MLB 07 I got from the neighboring Kmart for $5 for $13 (decided to use it at BB to help pay for the xfer games rather then get $10.50 for it at GS).

Then, as usual, I was running out of time so I stopped at one GS instead of the 2 I was going to spread my games out to. I completely forgot to look for used SST, but oh well. They did at least take both of my Spiderman 3 games with no fuss (and processed my 10 game trade without a single snarky comment about where I get my games and all the BS BBV employees put you through). I traded all of the games from the BB plus a FNR3 and The Bigs from Target and a PS3 Virtua Tennis 3 from Kmart. I don't know if we ever got a quote on that last one for Blockbuster, but I got $13.80 for it at GS, so that's nice. But FNR3 got me $16 and I think it is $15 at BB and The Bigs netted me $12.70 instead of $12. So I guess I can consider those "transfers" as well since I probably would have traded them at Blockbuster. Fortunately the BB gave me quote on MLB 07, though, so I can take another copy I got at Sears to Gamecrazy with that ;).

I was quite shocked I found a couple games at both Sears and TRU with the CORRECT price tags of $4.97 or $5 (VT 3 and MLB 07 at Sears, Far Cry Instinct, SMB Wii, and F4:RSS Wii at TRU). So all in all, even though I didn't end up trading that much in to Gamestop from Blockbuster ($67 -> $71), I had a pretty nice run.

Before heading to a second Blockbuster I went to Target and found an endcap full of NCAA Football 08 for $14.98. I got 2 with the coupon for $4.98 each. Of course I didn't see emg28's post till now. Apparently it gets $12, not bad. It would be $10.50 at GS with the promo.

Then I hit up the 2nd BB - one I have only ever been to once before (when the new games were on clearance a couple years ago and most stores still carried new PS2/GC/Xbox games before they got rid of them all and then brought in the next gen stuff). It was a goldmine of transfer material. I picked up a lot of the usual suspects including 2 SM FoF, 360 MtR, Beautiful Katamari, VT3, Golden Compass, etc... I only bought 9 games total but I could have bought a few more. As one guy was digging out all the used games I asked the other if he could look up a few trade-in prices for me. I was informed by the helpful young man that it was impossible to do so without having the actual games so he could scan them. Then, he informed me, he could tell me what they are before "posting" them. As part of my new strategy to act like a dumbass (since talking too much about trade-in forms and whatnot got me in trouble in the Beowulf days) I just nodded dumbly and listened to him go on about how I might get a decent value if it was a brand new game but probably not if it was too old. And (this is the good part) about how they might give more if it is rare or less if they are overstocked :)rofl:). I really wanted to find out the values for NCAA 08, VT3, and Far Cry but I didn't want to go out to the car and get them after I acted like a dumb regular guy ;).

[quote name='emg28']Don't know how I had missed that EDF was $6.99 and traded in for $10.50 at GS. [/QUOTE]

That drop happened just last week (EDF used to be $9.99 at Blockbuster). I only ever found 1 of them at the 4 or 5 stores I've been to, so good find there. MtR seems a little more common though.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']It has already been posted...including the post DIRECTLY above mine that its $26 for sonic riders for wii. So it would be the same as doing the SST for Wii.[/quote]
I think I'm going to trade in my Sonic Riders (it is a truly horrible game) for the $26. It looks like it runs about $20 even on half.com still, but I just saw it there today for $10.

[quote name='io'] As part of my new strategy to act like a dumbass (since talking too much about trade-in forms and whatnot got me in trouble in the Beowulf days) I just nodded dumbly and listened to him go on about how I might get a decent value if it was a brand new game but probably not if it was too old. And (this is the good part) about how they might give more if it is rare or less if they are overstocked :)rofl:). I really wanted to find out the values for NCAA 08, VT3, and Far Cry but I didn't want to go out to the car and get them after I acted like a dumb regular guy ;).[/quote]
I've taken to using this approach. It gets progressively more effective the older I get and the more kids I have (It's how I scored my second Wii Fit for a handful of Target games). The problem is that it also gets progressively more intolerable listening to clerks drone on with no idea what they are talking about.

[quote name='io'] ;).[/quote]

Holy crap man lol. I read through all that and almost went cross eyed hahaha.

Can you give cliff notes on anything new that you found? Such as BB--> GS transfer game(prices also) etc?

Ill read through it again but theres a lot going on there at almost 3am hahaha.

EDIT: How much is TIV for golden compass after edge and bonus?

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Holy crap man lol. I read through all that and almost went cross eyed hahaha.

Can you give cliff notes on anything new that you found? Such as BB--> GS transfer game(prices also) etc?

Ill read through it again but theres a lot going on there at almost 3am hahaha.

EDIT: How much is TIV for golden compass after edge and bonus?[/QUOTE]

I guess you need to read it a third time ;). See, I said I was going to keep Golden Compass, so I don't know, though I think it is posted in the GS deal thread. I was about to look myself. And the only "new" game I found I spelled out pretty clearly: Jumper ($9.99 -> $9.40).

And next time please don't quote huge posts like that. It was enough to have it there once ;).

[quote name='io']I guess you need to read it a third time ;). See, I said I was going to keep Golden Compass, so I don't know, though I think it is posted in the GS deal thread. I was about to look myself. And the only "new" game I found I spelled out pretty clearly: Jumper ($9.99 -> $9.40).

And next time please don't quote huge posts like that. It was enough to have it there once ;).[/quote]

Ah yeah I thought you decided to turn GC in. Ok Ill check the other thread. And yeah I got Jumper...just didnt know if you found others we didnt know about since you mentioned about 10 different games throughout your post haha.

Fixed my quote just for you ;)

Golden Compass
BBV Price: $9.99
Gamestop TIV: $5.00 + $5.00 = 10
GameCrazy TIV: $2.00

Movie titles @ GC = blah

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back