The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

Io,

I did'nt see these games in your list so here is a contribution for the trade list to gamestop:

Shrek The Third 9.99 -> 10.50
Just Cause 9.99 -> 9.40
Superman Returns 9.99 -> 8.30
Call Of Duty 3 9.99 -> 9.40 (YMMV on this i've seen it for 9.99 at some and 14.99 at others even when they scan it)

This includes the bonus from Edge card

[quote name='shrike4242']io, thanks for making a new thread. The old one was getting a little ponderous under its own weight. You're the right person for that job.

Oh, [highlight]and first[/highlight]. ;)[/QUOTE]
D'oh! Ruining my fun, Shrike!

[quote name='DaDeuce']Sorry, a noob here, but is this thread so we can trade our games into blockbuster, buy some of their cheap used games, and flip them to gamestop for a bigger profit?[/QUOTE]
Not at all - it is a general Blockbuster gaming thread covering such topics as: game availability (preorders, systems, etc), trade-in pricing, and used game deals. That just happens to be the topic of the week since GS has that extra $10 trade-in deal going on.

[quote name='DaDeuce']Thats a shame, none of the BB's around me do this[/QUOTE]
None of them do what, exactly? Exist? If you have franchise stores they may not take trade-ins (or the prices will be completely different as I found at one franchise store near me). If you have regular corporate stores (ie, the vast majority of them) then they do "do this".

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Amen. I plan on starting tomorrow and it was nearly impossible to keep up without a list in the old thread. Wouldn't it be easier if those with values PM'd the OP after posting since the wiki can't be updated? Certainly wouldn't hurt.[/QUOTE]
Please DO NOT PM me with trade-in prices. Keep posting them here. If no one steps up to do the wiki editing maybe I'll reinstate the list I used to have in the old thread with the current "hot" trade-in values.

[quote name='asthmatic']sonic rider (wii) from costco.
$12.31 to $26 as of 6/13
This game will not scan correctly but if you have an employee that knows what they are doing, they will look it up manually, write down the new UPC code (im not sure if that is what it is called) which is 735183. So instead of scanning the barcode, they can just type 735183 and it will show up.[/QUOTE]
WTF? I was going to get one of these today but I don't want to deal with that hassle. That number doesn't look like the UPC, but BB's internal part number (which is what they'd need to look up). I'm not sure I know any clerks that can handle that ;). I'm sure they'll just tell me they can't take it.

[quote name='alexiel']just a question, when you trade in at blockbuster and have money stored on the account can it be transferred to a value card/gift card at a later time? the manager at that blockbuster told me once it is on there it cant be transferred. also i did the bb->gs and i got charged refurb fees, which kind of sucked. oh well atleast i am moving credit from that blockbuster, they never have anything in stock.[/QUOTE]
It is certainly possible to get a gift/value card later, but YMMV on this manager letting you do it. I guess you could try it when he isn't there - say you need to give the credit to your Dad for Father's day ;).

[quote name='ddrpower']From what I read of the last few threads, it's no good to trade multiple copies of one game to a single BB right? I've only got one nearby, so I need to figure out how much I'm going to push it. I do see a few people managing more than one at a single store, but that's not a good idea right? What about spread across different days?[/QUOTE]
It is completely and utterly YMMV. There should be nothing wrong with it (trade agreement says 2 PER DAY), but it has gotten many in trouble. Hell, I even got in trouble for trading the same game (1 time each) to 5 different stores. I have always tried to keep them to 1 per store though occasionally I break that rule. I always make sure some time, and other trades, have passed if I do that. I traded a second March Madness 08 to my local store recently but it was 2-3 weeks after the first one. Now if you have Gamerush stores it tends to be easier there since they see a higher volume of trades. I never had a problem trading 4-5 copies of one game into my one GR (though I still spread them out over time).

[quote name='chronojin']Io,

I did'nt see these games in your list so here is a contribution for the trade list to gamestop:

Shrek The Third 9.99 -> 10.50
Just Cause 9.99 -> 9.40
Superman Returns 9.99 -> 8.30
Call Of Duty 3 9.99 -> 9.40 (YMMV on this i've seen it for 9.99 at some and 14.99 at others even when they scan it)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, especially, for the Shrek quote. I saw that at a couple stores but it was marked $14.99-$24.99. I figured it really was $14.99 and thus probably not worth it. There are probably more out there to uncover!

[quote name='Ragekod']I'm in phoenix trying to find GR stores, its not like LA where we have them in every other block.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Missed this on my multi-quote rampage... Give it up - there are no GR stores in Arizona at all. Southern CA is the only place in the entire Western U.S. with any GR stores. Well, I guess there are a handful in central CA (Fresno, Sacramento, maybe). But that's it. I think you have to go all the way to Missouri or Texas for more.

[quote name='ddrpower']From what I read of the last few threads, it's no good to trade multiple copies of one game to a single BB right? I've only got one nearby, so I need to figure out how much I'm going to push it. I do see a few people managing more than one at a single store, but that's not a good idea right? What about spread across different days?[/quote]

If you really MUST then trade the same game ONLY twice and make sure the trades are 4-5 days apart. Even then, you might get caught. Some BB's actually allow you to trade in two of the same game.

[quote name='DarkRider23']If you really MUST then trade the same game ONLY twice and make sure the trades are 4-5 days apart. Even then, you might get caught. Some BB's actually allow you to trade in two of the same game.[/quote]

If you read the trade agreement it says you can trade 2 of the same copy per store per day. But unfortunately, it also says that BB may choose to reject the trade at any time.

[quote name='io']

None of them do what, exactly? Exist? If you have franchise stores they may not take trade-ins (or the prices will be completely different as I found at one franchise store near me). If you have regular corporate stores (ie, the vast majority of them) then they do "do this".
[/quote]

I looked on BB's website and none of the ones around here have a Gamerush in them. Do stores not listed as Gamerush take trade in's? Its been so long since I was in a Blockbuster (Its probably been 2 years) I wouldn't know.

[quote name='Bezerker']If you read the trade agreement it says you can trade 2 of the same copy per store per day. [/quote]

Newer agreements don't list a specific limit. However, yeah, they can change the rules and limit you to 1 if they want to.

[quote name='DaDeuce']I looked on BB's website and none of the ones around here have a Gamerush in them. Do stores not listed as Gamerush take trade in's? Its been so long since I was in a Blockbuster (Its probably been 2 years) I wouldn't know.[/quote]Yes, regular BBs take trades. BB is trying to get more into the gaming business. Franchise stores set their own rules and would be YMMV to taking trades and the amount they give for titles.

[quote name='DaDeuce']I looked on BB's website and none of the ones around here have a Gamerush in them. Do stores not listed as Gamerush take trade in's? Its been so long since I was in a Blockbuster (Its probably been 2 years) I wouldn't know.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been to a Gamerush in a year and a half.

ps3
devil may cry 4 $33
Skate $22
Stranglehold $33

wii
spiderwick $30
Sonic rider $26

harry potter phoenix $12

[quote name='stoned99']See, even when the thread is only 40 posts long ppl can't be bothered to read it. They simply post their lazy ass request and completely ignore the big informative #1 post. When a thread is actively maintained like this one there is just no rational reason to create it anew. You new thread junkies are just off your rockers. :roll::roll::drool:[/quote]

And one more thing, I'm noticing that the DIGG counts have all reset for the new threads, that can't be good for CAG. Healthy DIGG scores bring in ppl from the outside, if it gets reset any 5 days to zero whats the point of digging any thread.

[quote name='io']

It is certainly possible to get a gift/value card later, but YMMV on this manager letting you do it. I guess you could try it when he isn't there - say you need to give the credit to your Dad for Father's day ;).

[/quote]

i had a feeling she was lieing! I would but every time I go she is always working from open to close. It's okay though, thanks to you guys i have been able to shift credit from there to gamestop and back to other blockbusters ;).

On another note, I enjoy seeing the employees giving me a stupid look when I ask them for a price check. They tell me its going to be such and such price on the box until they ring it up, "Oh its cheaper" and i smirk at them. I made this one girl get beatiful katamari out the glass case for me and she was having trouble opening it up. When we got it the price said 40 something and i asked her to price check and she gave me attitude. She told me 19.99 and I said no thanks and she gave me more attitude. she had to put it back in the glass case and i was :rofl:while she was fighting with the lock.

P.S. gamestop employees don't know jack sh**. Twice I had to inform them of the $10 deal!

wow spauldingfan lucky you 225 for 60gb ps3 i woulda so buy it even for 250 lol nice deal man. I have 33$ credit at block buster what would be best for me to do to transfer it to GS with profit or even?

[quote name='luan87us']wow spauldingfan lucky you 225 for 60gb ps3 i woulda so buy it even for 250 lol nice deal man. I have 33$ credit at block buster what would be best for me to do to transfer it to GS with profit or even?[/quote]

Hell's yeah! Even the GS clerk kept telling him to ebay it for more money.... Now I got to sell my 40gb ps3 which i'll prob get more than 225 for :lol:
If I were you I would look for Meet the Robinsons, Pirates of the Carribean, Virtua Tennis 3, Spiderman Fof or Sonic and the secret Rings if you want to transfer your 33 to GS with no loss.

[quote name='luan87us']wow spauldingfan lucky you 225 for 60gb ps3 i woulda so buy it even for 250 lol nice deal man. I have 33$ credit at block buster what would be best for me to do to transfer it to GS with profit or even?[/quote]

Oh I dont know maybe the whole list in the first post would be a good place to start?

[quote name='spauldingfan']Hell's yeah! Even the GS clerk kept telling him to ebay it for more money.... Now I got to sell my 40gb ps3 which i'll prob get more than 225 for :lol:
If I were you I would look for Meet the Robinsons, Pirates of the Carribean, Virtua Tennis 3, Spiderman Fof or Sonic and the secret Rings if you want to transfer your 33 to GS with no loss.[/quote]

Wait I didnt see a quote for Pirates of the Carribean. Maybe in the old thread?
Could you specify which version, price at BB and trade price at GS?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the new thread, Io!

Just one request, if possible --

Could we keep current TIVs in the first post? That way we don't have a million "Hay whats the tiv on X" posts coming up every Tuesday. A thousand, tops. ;)

Just a quick note before I spend the rest of my evening assembling furniture. I ran out on the family from 6-9pm to transfer some credit. I hit up 3 Blockbusters and 2 Gamestops and was able to transfer $145 in BB credit into $158 at Gamestop. I also picked up a Stranglehold which I am going to trade at my local store tomorrow. The only reason I did this is that I saw something fairly cool at every one of those Blockbusters, and it's name is Blast Works and Lost Planet Colonies, both available in large quantity new! I was quite shocked, especially on Blast Works as that has been out for a while - it shows a bit of positive reaction in BB's game stocking as they have decided to stock this sleeper game well after release.

I'll be trading that Stranglehold and picking up both of those from my local store tomorrow (hopefully - didn't actually check there today but all the others seem to have them).

I traded all the usual suspects and there was not a drop to be seen - all prices as in the OP. I was even able to trade 2 Spiderman FoF at one GS (was in hurry since the Mall closed in 15 minutes and I wasn't sure if I'd make it to the other GS there in time so I gave it a shot). Since I had 8 games total I don't even think the guy noticed. Also, I need to stop rejecting purchases from BB as I have been turning down about 1/3 of the discs I look at (including 2 360 MtR, unfortunately). But they barely check at GS and I haven't had a single problem wrt refurbishing fees and whatnot. Of course that could be because I'm being fairly selective...

Oh, and I was able to snag some GTA 1-month trial cards. So the gas I used (maybe $7-$8 worth) to travel 50 miles to do all this I can pawn off on those cards ;). Yeah, it does take a 50 mile round trip for me to hit up 3 Blockbusters and a couple of Gamestops. You people in big metro areas have it easy!

[quote name='asthmatic']sonic rider (wii) from costco.
$12.31 to $26 as of 6/13
This game will not scan correctly but if you have an employee that knows what they are doing, they will look it up manually, write down the new UPC code (im not sure if that is what it is called) which is 735183. So instead of scanning the barcode, they can just type 735183 and it will show up.[/quote]

I'm glad I only found 1 copy of Sonic Riders at my Costco. I called before picking it up and they quoted me $26. I will trade in tomorrow (along w/ American Idol and Stranglehold). If I have no problems, I will pass by another Costco and see if I can find more.

Oh, and here's a nice find (although slightly embarrassing since I spent almost $50 in BB credit on candy) --

Apparently, many BlockBusters are putting their gourmet snacks on clearance. This includes "PoppyCock Cashew Lovers" glazed popcorn with cashews (despite the name, it is SO fuckING GOOD Toffee popcorn with massive cashews mixed in.) for a buck a bag, Dark Chocolate and Almond Toblerones for $1.15 each, bags of Pistachios for $1.50, various gummy items (one of my friends, who was doing the driving, picked out all the fucking red and clear gummi bears in the five minutes I was in GameStop) and Nerds for a dollar or less, and more. Plus, a bunch of the Indy merchandise is now on clearance, but the savings aren't that significant.

But, yes, between those and the 2-for-6 on the tubs of their usual snacks, I dropped around $50 in my credit on candy and some games. I also found Karaoke Revolution vol. 3 for the PS2 for $20!

I've got a big stack of games to flip back to GameStop and hopefully I'll find some Strangleholds to flip to BB. Is there anything else that's worthwhile aside from the PS3 version of Sega Tennis?

Tomorrow is going to be fan-flipping-tastic. ;D

Nice new thread.

It was a funny thing that happened when I was visiting my folks in PA (I am in VA) I traded in a few games I had in my car using my parents address then when I went to trade my last copy of stranglehold to BB I was already baned from the location (2 Strangleholds and 2 SST Wii in one day) So I guess there are some flippers in Johnstown PA and that BB manager was looking for something. Doesn't matter though since I have it all on my Value card..

[quote name='malalrd']Wait I didnt see a quote for Pirates of the Carribean. Maybe in the old thread?
Could you specify which version, price at BB and trade price at GS?
Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, guess I never added it to the list. But we talked about it a lot ;).

It is :360: Pirates of the Caribbean 3 $9.99 -> $10.50

Just figured out my total since the start of the GS promo.

I've moved $269 from Blockbuster into $294 at GS. Today was nice because I didn't include any games I bought from anywhere but Blockbuster. So it was a no cash out-of-pocket day ;).

Unfortunately most of the easy stuff is done. Now it means picking through the worse discs and going to further Blockbusters. I probably see myself only doing one more run before the GS promo ends which is too bad since I'd like to convert about $200 more.

[quote name='io']Just figured out my total since the start of the GS promo.

I've moved $269 from Blockbuster into $294 at GS. Today was nice because I didn't include any games I bought from anywhere but Blockbuster. So it was a no cash out-of-pocket day ;).

Unfortunately most of the easy stuff is done. Now it means picking through the worse discs and going to further Blockbusters. I probably see myself only doing one more run before the GS promo ends which is too bad since I'd like to convert about $200 more.[/quote]

Well, if we happen to get a B2G1, you can turn $36 of that GS credit into $99 BB credit, buy more conversion games and turn what started as $36 GS into $99 GS.

Thanks for the heads up about PotC & Shrek 3. My local blockbusters had tons of them.

Off to go turn my last remaining 65 dollars of BB credit into a similar amount at GS. First time in over a year I will be out of BB credit...and I couldn't be happer :)

Is there a limit on how much you can have on a GS edge card? I believe I have upwards of 475 on mine now and don't wanna set off any red flags.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']

Is there a limit on how much you can have on a GS edge card? I believe I have upwards of 475 on mine now and don't wanna set off any red flags.[/quote]

hmmm I would like to know this too, for BB thelimit is 500 right?

I'm not sure if there is a limit, but I'm currently at $564 and change. [quote name='spauldingfan']hmmm I would like to know this too, for BB thelimit is 500 right?[/quote]

So if I got "suspended" at the store by my school, would I still be "suspended" at another store about 200 miles away near my hometown?

[quote name='jraypeon']So if I got "suspended" at the store by my school, would I still be "suspended" at another store about 200 miles away near my hometown?[/quote]

They are store specific most always unless some ass employee gets involved and calls the district manager or other stores. I'd say it's safe to say you are ok at the store 200 miles away. Long trip to make a flip... :p

I was able to find a store that trades in games here in phoenix and I guess it's a store that no one trades at because when i asked the guy if they did trade ins he said yeah they do but I won't be getting much. I think he'll flip out if he saw that you can get as much as $35 credit for a used game. Oh and this store had a MGS4 PS3 bundle on the counter so it looks like this store gets in a lot of the newer merch.

Now I'm off to play MGS4 that I bought from GR back in cali. Oh and I was able to find a HDMI cable at frys for $7.99 so looks like I'll be enjoying juno on Blu-Ray tonight. :D

[quote name='Ragekod']I was able to find a store that trades in games here in phoenix and I guess it's a store that no one trades at because when i asked the guy if they did trade ins he said yeah they do but I won't be getting much. I think he'll flip out if he saw that you can get as much as $35 credit for a used game. Oh and this store had a MGS4 PS3 bundle on the counter so it looks like this store gets in a lot of the newer merch.

Now I'm off to play MGS4 that I bought from GR back in cali. Oh and I was able to find a HDMI cable at frys for $7.99 so looks like I'll be enjoying juno on Blu-Ray tonight. :D[/quote]

Can you stop by the GameCrazy by the stadium? They had a Gears of War 360 carrying case, and I'd like a double- unless you pick it up for yourself. I'll pay you back when you get back.

[quote name='joshnorm']Nice new thread.

It was a funny thing that happened when I was visiting my folks in PA (I am in VA) I traded in a few games I had in my car using my parents address then when I went to trade my last copy of stranglehold to BB I was already baned from the location (2 Strangleholds and 2 SST Wii in one day) So I guess there are some flippers in Johnstown PA and that BB manager was looking for something. Doesn't matter though since I have it all on my Value card..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jraypeon']So if I got "suspended" at the store by my school, would I still be "suspended" at another store about 200 miles away near my hometown?[/QUOTE]

See, this is my pet peeve with the way Blockbuster handles these things and I've been saying this for years. Why don't they simply NOT ACCEPT certain games for trade-in if they think something is up with those? These half-assed bans are ridiculous. They can control all this simply by refusing to take certain games in (or, say, if they've already gotten a few of anything, to stop taking more of those). That is the way to handle this that fits the trading terms we all signed and is far more reasonable. Then again, that is the way a real used game dealer would handle things, so...

Well, anyway, I'm off to trade a Stranglehold at my local store (first one I've ever done) and pick up Blast Works and Lost Planet Colonies.

[quote name='judgeTurpin']the FYE brownbag deal is back...there is some potential here to change bbv credit into cash again...[/quote]]

If this were last week I would have agreed- Blockbuster was doing there 3/$20 DVD deal.

Well, dammit, for some reason my local store did not have Lost Planet Colonies yet I saw it at 3 other stores yesterday. No biggie - I'll pick it up when I make my next BB->GS run.

However, they did have Blast Works (though they didn't have them out - I had to ask them to check for it). It turns out this is even better than I realized because Blockbuster is selling it for $29.99 and it is $39.99 everywhere else!

So it goes like this. I took my cheap (39% of cash) Blockbuster credit to buy a bunch of games that I converted to GS credit at a slight profit. Then I took $16.19 of that to get a Stranglehold that netted me $33 back at Blockbuster. Then I picked up a game for $29.99 that costs $39.99 everywhere else. Pretty nice. BTW, this is the first genuine game deal Blockbuster has had in over a year ($10 off on this one). It might be something they catch and adjust soon so if anyone wants this game at a cheap price in cheap BB credit, get it now! Plus we need to reward them for picking up games like this for sale after the initial release date. I want more of that!

So I figure all in all, if I take my original BB credit at 39%, I spent less than $6 of real money to get this - not bad at all...

[quote name='io']Well, dammit, for some reason my local store did not have Lost Planet Colonies yet I saw it at 3 other stores yesterday. No biggie - I'll pick it up when I make my next BB->GS run.

However, they did have Blast Works (though they didn't have them out - I had to ask them to check for it). It turns out this is even better than I realized because Blockbuster is selling it for $29.99 and it is $39.99 everywhere else!

So it goes like this. I took my cheap (39% of cash) Blockbuster credit to buy a bunch of games that I converted to GS credit at a slight profit. Then I took $16.19 of that to get a Stranglehold that netted me $33 back at Blockbuster. Then I picked up a game for $29.99 that costs $39.99 everywhere else. Pretty nice. BTW, this is the first genuine game deal Blockbuster has had in over a year ($10 off on this one). It might be something they catch and adjust soon so if anyone wants this game at a cheap price in cheap BB credit, get it now! Plus we need to reward them for picking up games like this for sale after the initial release date. I want more of that!

So I figure all in all, if I take my original BB credit at 39%, I spent less than $6 of real money to get this - not bad at all...[/quote]

So I'm back from my timeout :)

I picked up blastworks today as well, it got a decent review in Game Informer, and it's certainly different, although not great, it's a decent fun sideway shooter with coop support, and it has a level editor with the ability to build your own ships using basic tools, which appealed to my 10 year old, who plays alot of the free pc games with similar themes.

Although to be honest Geometry Wars is the must have space shooter for wii. And on the same note, the williams pinball game is a huge hit with adults and kids. I think it the board shaking element which is appealling as it's so easily done using the controller.

My GR --> GS flips are done I think, I'm up to 600$ on my GS credit, and really can't think why I need to transfer any more of my GR credit, after all they still do get a decent number of games, and the future looks bright for preorders.

So IO hows your Lego Indiana Jones going, It's good family fun just like the starwars version (although the characters are not so diverse)?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Off to go turn my last remaining 65 dollars of BB credit into a similar amount at GS. First time in over a year I will be out of BB credit...and I couldn't be happer :)

Is there a limit on how much you can have on a GS edge card? I believe I have upwards of 475 on mine now and don't wanna set off any red flags.[/quote]

I hit 600$ today and other than the clerk almost choking I think there is room for more.

I got some strange pricing on Wii games I attempted to buy today...

Alien Syndrome
Meet the Robinsons
Sonic and the Secret Rings

All rang up $16.99 not $9.99/14.99 =(

[quote name='stoned99']
I picked up blastworks today as well, it got a decent review in Game Informer, and it's certainly different, although not great, it's a decent fun sideway shooter with coop support, and it has a level editor with the ability to build your own ships using basic tools, which appealed to my 10 year old, who plays alot of the free pc games with similar themes.

Although to be honest Geometry Wars is the must have space shooter for wii. And on the same note, the williams pinball game is a huge hit with adults and kids. I think it the board shaking element which is appealling as it's so easily done using the controller.

So IO hows your Lego Indiana Jones going, It's good family fun just like the starwars version (although the characters are not so diverse)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my boys are playing it coop right now. I wish Blockbuster would stock Geometry Wars - I'd snag that with BB credit in a heartbeat. We're done with Lego Indiana Jones - 2 free rentals from Hollywood. I got 100% (and 1000/1000 achievements) and the boys beat it to varying degrees. It was time to move on ;).

[quote name='freshzen']I got some strange pricing on Wii games I attempted to buy today...

Alien Syndrome
Meet the Robinsons

All rang up $16.99 not $9.99/14.99 =([/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s. This is a very good indication that a Buy 1 Get 1 free on $14.99 and under games is coming this week! Wow... I guess I should have held off a bit more. Oh well, depending on how many games they hose up for it (ie, make $16.99) there ought to be plenty out there to get. And once again I'm back to wondering if I can get price adjustments on my previous purchases (FWIW - I expect that to be very difficult if not impossible).

If BB and GS are doing a bxg1 deal at the same time...:whee:

Hope BB doesnt raise them all up...although it does look like something they will do if the last time is any indication.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']If BB and GS are doing a bxg1 deal at the same time...:whee:

Hope BB doesnt raise them all up...although it does look like something they will do if the last time is any indication.[/quote]

If this would actually happen, I would take a few days off work to clean out all the BBV and GS in my area.

[quote name='freshzen']I got some strange pricing on Wii games I attempted to buy today...

Alien Syndrome
Meet the Robinsons

All rang up $16.99 not $9.99/14.99 =([/quote]

i also got the same price (16.99) for sonic and the secret rings here in cali. but it got it anyways cuz i needed a filler... :( oh well

Hm is it confired that mass effect and bioshock (saw multiple posts about bioshock) are both 19.99 at BB? Cuz those 2 games for 20 bucks would be insanity.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Hm is it confired that mass effect and bioshock (saw multiple posts about bioshock) are both 19.99 at BB? Cuz those 2 games for 20 bucks would be insanity.[/quote]

I can confirm Bioshock for that price (I managed to get a disc that looked basically new too) but I have been unable to get Mass Effect for that. It rang up for the $39.99 as marked at the two stores I tried. Anyone else had luck with that one?

TIVs at BBV drop on tuesday, right?
Although, doesn't that mean if those games are ringing up as 16.99, they would NOT be eligible for the sale? Somewhere I read that they're generally for the lower priced games (9.99 and under).

Last edited by a moderator:

Alien Syndrome
Meet the Robinsons

All rang up $16.99 not $9.99/14.99 =([/QUOTE]

Same here with MTR (Wii) and Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Also, Earth Defense Force for 360 rang up $6.99. Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the VERY HELPFUL list on the first page has it at $9.99.

Big thanks to everyone reporting prices and TIV's @ BBV and GS and io for keeping it all organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back