The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='judgeTurpin']they didn't have any signs or posters about the B1G1 here in diego...but i talked to all the managers of the BBV i frequent and they all told me that its a go on monday...

i hit a couple of GS today and found a couple copies of condemned 2...only one store had viking...at one of the stores...they had the $15 extra credit cards right at the counter...i asked the employee if i could take some..my reason was i had a lot of games i wanted to trade in...he said i could take all of them...i got about i got 12 of the cards...i could use these at the GSs that won't accept my printed copies...[/quote]

Is it definitely supposed to start on Monday then, not on the 8th? Maybe I ought to call some local stores to see what they say.

I just stopped by a local BB to see if it was worth going to when the b1g1 starts (yessss) i noticed they had...and i counted 21 copies of Bioshock. Was this game given away for free or something? It was seriously like 1 out of 3 used games was fuck ing bioshock.

I just came back from a flipping run quickly converted into more of the inventory persuasion as the library closed two hours earlier than when I got there plus I forgot my lists AND found out I need a god damn valid credit card in order to even GET a rental membership with Blockbuster (understandable but still irritating for me considering the fact I've had plenty of memberships in the past few years and late fees wont apply to me since I never plan on renting anything there again).

Thankfully between just three of the five GS within my area I think I may be able to do some damage tomorrow provided I can get my hands on a credit card. Tons of Marvel Alliance/Forza packs, a couple of Condemns, two Vikings (three in total but I bought the last one the last store I checked had just in case I couldn't make it back in time), a few Fatals and I'm sure enough else to make good in my blunder eventually. I just hope one BB has an MGS4 Bundle in stock because I'm surely not going through all of this trouble for sport.

Oh, and I should have strangled one of the irritating store clerks for almost spoiling MGS4 for me by chatterboxing the ENTIRE FRICKIN' TIMELINE to a coworker in the store. Annoying. =\

[quote name='Rave Child']Is it definitely supposed to start on Monday then, not on the 8th? Maybe I ought to call some local stores to see what they say.[/quote]

they told me monday...maybe they got it wrong...i will ask them again when i stop by tomorrow...just to make sure..

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I just stopped by a local BB to see if it was worth going to when the b1g1 starts (yessss) i noticed they had...and i counted 21 copies of Bioshock. Was this game given away for free or something? It was seriously like 1 out of 3 used games was fuck ing bioshock.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they arent trade ins but the store's rental copies? For more popular titles like Halo 3, I remember seeing at least 2 dozen copies avaliable, maybe Bioshock was a wanted rental when it came out?

Hey, if it hasn't been mentioned already, I noticed LOTR: Battle for Middle-Earth II (360) marked for $15 used today at Gamerush. It currently sells for $25 used at Gamestop, so it might be worth adding to the list on the first page of viable Gamerush-> Gamestop flips. Also think I noticed Flatout:UC dropped to $10...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nietzsche74']Hey, if it hasn't been mentioned already, I noticed LOTR: Battle for Middle-Earth II (360) marked for $15 used today at Gamerush. It currently sells for $25 used at Gamestop, so it might be worth adding to the list on the first page of viable Gamerush-> Gamestop flips.[/quote]

Freshzen posted its TIV a couple posts up...its TIV is $7...$12.70 with $10 bonus or $15.20 with $15 coupon...

Great flipping day today. I had $30 on me and wanted to see how far I could stretch it.
I went to Kmart first and bought two copies of Moto GP '07 (360) for $10.60.
Drove right over to GS, and flipped them for $22. Spent an additional $18 and bought two copies of Condemned 2.
Flipped both Condemned titles for $64 at BB, and bought Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) and Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction (PS3)
Had faulty copy of Ratchet, so I returned it with receipt, and clerk gave me FULL RETAIL value of $60 for it despite me buying it used for $45. Bought Metal Gear Solid 4.
So I wound up with MGS4 new and Metal Slug Anth Wii for under $30.

[quote name='ultramanJ']Great flipping day today. I had $30 on me and wanted to see how far I could stretch it.
I went to Kmart first and bought two copies of Moto GP '07 (360) for $10.60.
Drove right over to GS, and flipped them for $22. Spent an additional $18 and bought two copies of Condemned 2.
Flipped both Condemned titles for $64 at BB, and bought Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) and Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction (PS3)
Had faulty copy of Ratchet, so I returned it with receipt, and clerk gave me FULL RETAIL value of $60 for it despite me buying it used for $45. Bought Metal Gear Solid 4.
So I wound up with MGS4 new and Metal Slug Anth Wii for under $30.[/quote]

Care to tell us how you got 2 Condemned's for $18?

Alright, I've held off for as long as I can but here's my Noob question....

When purchasing used games from one store to flip at another, do I need to remove the used stickers?

So far I've only purchased from TRU and traded in at BBV but plan on transferring to GS and then back to BBV with the various deals (B1G1 and 25% off xbox 360) each place has going. Thanks for the help guys.

Cap'n_RDM;4573912]Alright said:
you don't really have to but i usually remove the stickers because the used game prices are way lower than the TIV you'll get at BBV...it's a way to make the employees less suspicious of your flipping activities...once they get suspicious...there will be a risk of getting banned...

Cap'n_RDM;4573912]Alright said:
Yes, take off the stickers. Gamestop usually doesn't care(I actually saw a copy of F4 for the 360 with a Blockbuster price tag on it), but I'm pretty sure Blockbuster won't let you trade if it sees that they are giving a $32 TIV for a $22 used game. I always take my stickers off. Make sure you peel the stickers away slowly;).

[quote name='DarkRider23']Care to tell us how you got 2 Condemned's for $18?[/quote]

Methinks he used the GS 25% off 2 USED 360 titles coupon plus his Edge discount which would knock the price of those copies down to $17.54 each.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I just came back from a flipping run quickly converted into more of the inventory persuasion as the library closed two hours earlier than when I got there plus I forgot my lists AND found out I need a god damn valid credit card in order to even GET a rental membership with Blockbuster (understandable but still irritating for me considering the fact I've had plenty of memberships in the past few years and late fees wont apply to me since I never plan on renting anything there again).

[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem when I first started seeing as I don't have a CC either. They wouldn't take my debit card since it wasn't visa or whatever. You just need 2 forms of ID and I think you can get a restricted card meaning you can only rent movies not games since you have to have a CC on file to rent games but it'll allow you to open a trading account with no problems.

When I got my BBV card, I refused to use a credit card and they let me link my debit card to it. I was dressed in a suit and clean shaven, so maybe i just looked reliable lol.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Methinks he used the GS 25% off 2 USED 360 titles coupon plus his Edge discount which would knock the price of those copies down to $17.54 each.[/quote]

I know about that deal. Maybe he just worded it wrong, but he said that he bought 2 copies for a total of $18. For that to be the case he would have had to buy them at $9 each.

[quote name='AK50']I had the same problem when I first started seeing as I don't have a CC either. They wouldn't take my debit card since it wasn't visa or whatever. You just need 2 forms of ID and I think you can get a restricted card meaning you can only rent movies not games since you have to have a CC on file to rent games but it'll allow you to open a trading account with no problems.[/quote]

I actually gave BB a debit card. It was one of those debit gift cards that you can go buy at Commerce Bank for gifts or whatever. My card is pre-loaded with $200. Even though the sign-up form says that debit cards aren't allowed, the employee really didn't care.

[quote name='AK50']I had the same problem when I first started seeing as I don't have a CC either. They wouldn't take my debit card since it wasn't visa or whatever. You just need 2 forms of ID and I think you can get a restricted card meaning you can only rent movies not games since you have to have a CC on file to rent games but it'll allow you to open a trading account with no problems.[/quote]

...Are you serious? You know it's bad when the customers know more about store policies than the clerks themselves. I think I just fell in love with you prematurely AK50. I carry four or five forms of ID on me at all times. Ugh. I even told the guy all I wanted was a trade account so I could get rid of the Viking I just bought. I'm definitely going to argue this at the same BB I went to yesterday after my GS runs later today.

Thanks man.

Dark: Point taken. I had assumed he had bought the first copy with the edge credit gained from his previous flip hence why I understood what he meant by two copies for $18 since that is what basically happened. No worries.

TIV's at BB

:wii: Avatar Last Air Bender $9
:wii: Resident Evil: Umbrella $23
:wii: Carnival Games (I don't remember if it was $13 or $23 sorry)
:wii: Sonic Zero Gravity $25 or $26
:wii: Mortal Kombat Armageddon $26
:wii: Trauma Center: New Blood $30
:wii: Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast $30
:wii: Fantastic 4 $30

:ps3: Unreal Tournament 3 $30
:ps3: Juiced 2 : Hot Import Night $16

i was wondering.....one blockbuster i went to had games that were like 5 dollars more than the other store. case in point this blockbuster had wwe vs raw 07 for 14.99 while the other store had it for 9.99. do different blockbusters have different prices or if i would just take the game to the register it would ring up to 9.99 instead of 14.99. please help. thx

[quote name='tsa4lyfe']i was wondering.....one blockbuster i went to had games that were like 5 dollars more than the other store. case in point this blockbuster had wwe vs raw 07 for 14.99 while the other store had it for 9.99. do different blockbusters have different prices or if i would just take the game to the register it would ring up to 9.99 instead of 14.99. please help. thx[/quote]

I've noticed that as well and figured the stores with the higher prices were just too lazy to update them or didn't wish to update them. Just let a clerk or manager know that you saw it at a lower price at a different store and if they could scan the game for u. They won't bite, I promise.

[quote name='stetson717']I've noticed that as well and figured the stores with the higher prices were just too lazy to update them or didn't wish to update them. Just let a clerk or manager know that you saw it at a lower price at a different store and if they could scan the game for u. They won't bite, I promise.[/quote]

hopefully thats the case cause they have a bunch of games i can flip to gs. i guess ill just ask tomorrow. also hoping they wont be suspicious when i tell them i saw it lower at another bb

[quote name='stetson717']I've noticed that as well and figured the stores with the higher prices were just too lazy to update them or didn't wish to update them. Just let a clerk or manager know that you saw it at a lower price at a different store and if they could scan the game for u. They won't bite, I promise.[/quote]

I'll confirm what stetson just said. The other day I bought EDF that had a label of $9.99 on it. I brought it to the register and it scanned $6.99. Sometimes it could be that the $9.99 store screwed up and the actual price was $14.99 or something. All prices come from corporate so the prices at one store should always be the same at others (Excluding Franchise stores).

what does it usually say on the receipt if its a franchise store? I never really read the receipts since I'm always in a rush to flip

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I just stopped by a local BB to see if it was worth going to when the b1g1 starts (yessss) i noticed they had...and i counted 21 copies of Bioshock. Was this game given away for free or something? It was seriously like 1 out of 3 used games was fuck ing bioshock.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Link927']Maybe they arent trade ins but the store's rental copies? For more popular titles like Halo 3, I remember seeing at least 2 dozen copies avaliable, maybe Bioshock was a wanted rental when it came out?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are former rentals. Nearly all the used game stock at a regular Blockbuster stores consists of former rentals. That's why they have a lot of Spiderman 3, and each stores seems to have exactly one Beautiful Katamari. I keep seeing the same things in roughly the same quantities at all the stores I go to (with exceptions here and there obviously).

[quote name='tsa4lyfe']i was wondering.....one blockbuster i went to had games that were like 5 dollars more than the other store. case in point this blockbuster had wwe vs raw 07 for 14.99 while the other store had it for 9.99. do different blockbusters have different prices or if i would just take the game to the register it would ring up to 9.99 instead of 14.99. please help. thx[/QUOTE]

I just posted about this a few pages back - I wanted to make sure everyone checked their stores for $14.99 and under games because I have found that even in stores where some stuff is marked correctly, often other stuff isn't. Hopefully they will keep those incorrect tags throughout the B1G1 and allow me to pick stuff up much later in the sale!

I really really hope this starts on Monday - that would give me 2 days locally to run around before my trip. I might end up not needing to do any trading when I go to Tucson. But then again, I was kind of planning on that being the activity that filled my down time from work ;). I guess you can always use more credit - though I may have to work the GS->BB returns a bit harder than I usually do or I'll run out of BB credit fast.

Today I used my third scanned $15 coupon at GS without issue. The thing is, so far it is all TRU and Target stuff and nothing from BB. I did get Gamecrazy to PM the $35 on American Idol. They (jokingly) said I must have a machine to print up these Blockbuster receipts with these crazy prices. I had done a F4 there a few days before. I better drop some more preorders on these guys to keep them happy ;).

I also hit up one of the TRU's where I had found a single F4 and SMB in the bin in the RZone marked $5 (WAY back when this first started and I picked up F4 on a whim and then called BB about the price and started this whole mess ;)). It turns out they DO have the frontlane display of cheap Wii games and although there was no F4 in there, there was another SMB. So probably when I went back there last week to adjust my receipts they had more and I just didn't see them. Tomorrow I'm heading to the other one where the RZone guy told me they had none at the very beginning of the sale - I bet he doesn't even know about the frontlane display :wall:. Had I been more on top of this back then I could have saved the big trip to get the ones I did eventually find. Oh well...

Are the people who traded F4 today still having problems with them not scanning? I could see that being an issue here (they would just say they couldn't take it). I guess there's always GS as a backup though...

[quote name='CaoPi']what does it usually say on the receipt if its a franchise store? I never really read the receipts since I'm always in a rush to flip[/quote]

The receipts look exactly the same, I have a franchise store by me and they are nazis... never take games as trades, higher used prices, etc.. All the game prices are linked to the barcodes that are on the sleeves they keep the games in , or on the front of the game case depending on your location.

[quote name='spauldingfan']The receipts look exactly the same, I have a franchise store by me and they are nazis... never take games as trades, higher used prices, etc.. All the game prices are linked to the barcodes that are on the sleeves they keep the games in , or on the front of the game case depending on your location.[/QUOTE]

Except that the receipts say it is a "franchise" store at the top! Well, the only one I've ever gotten, anyway.

Oh, and changing topics, I found nothing at the one GS I went to today that I could flip back to BB except the PS3 Harry Potter game. I probably should have bought one, but I figured I'll have ample opportunity to do that next week.

[quote name='io']

Are the people who traded F4 today still having problems with them not scanning? I could see that being an issue here (they would just say they couldn't take it). I guess there's always GS as a backup though...[/quote]

I brought in a stack of games and hid F4 in the middle, the "manager" quickly picked it out and tossed it back in my hands and said we do not take this one. No scan, nothing..... Then again im in the area with the pissed off District Manager, I was able to flip 3 today ( just took out the covers and had them look it up manually no problem)

[quote name='io']

Are the people who traded F4 today still having problems with them not scanning? I could see that being an issue here (they would just say they couldn't take it). I guess there's always GS as a backup though...[/quote]

i traded it in norcal and it scanned fine today at 6pm

and forza 2 at gs dropped 50 cents to 3.50 before extra 5 and edge

kinda off topic, does anyone here even use goozex? Harry potter for ps3 can catch a good 450 points and SH: CE, gets 750 points

I was able to trade in 3 copies of F4 no problem today in Michigan. Which states or cities are people have trouble trading in F4? I think I remember reading people in Utah were being denied.

[quote name='stetson717']I was able to trade in 3 copies of F4 no problem today in Michigan. Which states or cities are people have trouble trading in F4? I think I remember reading people in Utah were being denied.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it is one thing to deny it and another to have the scan not work. I wonder if this just happened in a few districts? I've never heard of such a thing so I'd like to get to the bottom of it (for future reference at least).

Again, thank you so much io and CAGers for compiling this great list. It would be overwhelming to walk into a good BBV during the B1G1 without a quick reference.

I'll try to find out the promotional code for the B1G1 (if there is one) from BBV employees I'm somewhat friendly with. During the last B1G1, it really sucked when the BBV employees didn't know what the fuck you were talking about when you said B1G1. I plan on making my first rounds first thing on Monday to see if it's started. I know not all the BBV in my area will be aware of the sale.

[quote name='io']Yeah but it is one thing to deny it and another to have the scan not work. I wonder if this just happened in a few districts? I've never heard of such a thing so I'd like to get to the bottom of it (for future reference at least).[/quote]

When it won't even scan I think it means that store has the maximum amount of copies it allows. How they figure that out, I have no frickin idea

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Again, thank you so much io and CAGers for compiling this great list. It would be overwhelming to walk into a good BBV during the B1G1 without a quick reference.

I'll try to find out the promotional code for the B1G1 (if there is one) from BBV employees I'm somewhat friendly with. During the last B1G1, it really sucked when the BBV employees didn't know what the fuck you were talking about when you said B1G1. I plan on making my first rounds first thing on Monday to see if it's started. I know not all the BBV in my area will be aware of the sale.[/quote]

I was not around for the last B1G1, are the stores supposed to already now? Ive asked a few managers im cool with in SoCal and they were clueless about it. I just wanna be ready.

[quote name='spauldingfan']I was not around for the last B1G1, are the stores supposed to already now? Ive asked a few managers im cool with in SoCal and they were clueless about it. I just wanna be ready.[/quote]

they should all be aware of the deal...all the managers that im coo with said they got the memo last week...

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']When it won't even scan I think it means that store has the maximum amount of copies it allows. How they figure that out, I have no frickin idea[/quote]

i'm not sure about that...the stores where i traded in 1 copy each of FF:RotSS had no other copies of the game...i believe it might be a regional thing if not nationwide...they might be catching on...

[quote name='judgeTurpin']they should all be aware of the deal...all the managers that im coo with said they got the memo last week...[/quote]

We dont have to bring in a coupon right? And isn't this monday the 6th? I thought it was starting on the 7th

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']When it won't even scan I think it means that store has the maximum amount of copies it allows. How they figure that out, I have no frickin idea[/quote]

i'm not sure about that...the stores where i traded in 1 copy each of FF:RotSS had no other copies of the game...i believe it might be a regional thing if not nationwide...they might be catching on...

[quote name='spauldingfan']We dont have to bring in a coupon right? And isn't this monday the 6th? I thought it was starting on the 7th[/quote]

u don't need a coupon for this...it should be in their system...today(sunday) is the 6th...some of the employees told me it will start monday the 7th while another one i called said tuesday the 8th...a fellow CAGER and employee of BBV informed me that it will be on the 8th so i'll take his word for it...

I found SST 360 at some local GSs but they were priced at $44.99. I asked the clerk at the first GS to check the price and he confirmed $44.99. I told him that the GS website said $17.99. He said that $19.99(new)/$17.99(used) was "Gamedays" sale price but price went back up to $49.99(new)/$44.99(used) after sale ended. :cry:

Didn't see this mentioned before but that may be because there aren't alot of used SST 360 available. Just a heads up for anyone looking to flip SST to BB.

[quote name='io']Yeah but it is one thing to deny it and another to have the scan not work. I wonder if this just happened in a few districts? I've never heard of such a thing so I'd like to get to the bottom of it (for future reference at least).[/quote]

I'm in the L.A. area and I got denied the F4 trade. At first it wouldn't scan. Then the guy helping did it manually and a note popped up about the game being on sale at TRU for $5 and not to take any trades in. This happened last week right after the Blockbuster sales clerk was fired for trading too many copies of F4 (Kunai story about telling the clerk where he got the F4 from).

[quote name='judgeTurpin']they should all be aware of the deal...all the managers that im coo with said they got the memo last week...[/quote]

No, they might not all know. That is why I typed what I typed. Last B1G1 some stores in my area didn't know for literally weeks. I swear to god. One manager I talked to today didn't know about it or he just didn't want to tell me. He's usually somewhat nice too.

Fine, I'll just assume that every blockbuster in America will be on the ball on the first day. Hopefully the sale is automatic and I'm slightly doubtful of Blockbuster for no apparent reason.

[quote name='judgeTurpin']i'm not sure about that...the stores where i traded in 1 copy each of FF:RotSS had no other copies of the game...i believe it might be a regional thing if not nationwide...they might be catching on...[/quote]

They might not have put out the copies that other people have traded in at those stores yet. They might know that no one is going to buy that crap game for 50 or 55 bucks or however much BBV charges right now. They probably know that the TIV will drop to like 8 on Tuesday and the price will drop to like 15 and they will have to put another sticker on it. In my experience, I don't see the games I've traded in on display for weeks sometimes. I was only speculating. Hopefully it's regional at the worst and not nationwide.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']No, they might not all know. That is why I typed what I typed. Last B1G1 some stores in my area didn't know for literally weeks. I swear to god. One manager I talked to today didn't know about it or he just didn't want to tell me. He's usually somewhat nice too.

Fine, I'll just assume that every blockbuster in America will be on the ball on the first day. Hopefully the sale is automatic and I'm slightly doubtful of Blockbuster for no apparent reason.[/QUOTE]

I most certainly wouldn't assume that. Unfortunately this sale probably requires a register scan (using the little flip book of UPCs they attach to the side of the CRT). This isn't like the sale/clearance pricing where it would pop up "coupon" and take half off each game automatically when they total (often much to their surprise). I'm afraid they will have to know about this one and I see lots of us having to ask them to check their memos/workbooks/MAPs or whatever they call them now (used to be the "MAP" when my old GR was around).

[quote name='io']I most certainly wouldn't assume that. Unfortunately this sale probably requires a register scan (using the little flip book of UPCs they attach to the side of the CRT). This isn't like the sale/clearance pricing where it would pop up "coupon" and take half off each game automatically when they total (often much to their surprise). I'm afraid they will have to know about this one and I see lots of us having to ask them to check their memos/workbooks/MAPs or whatever they call them now (used to be the "MAP" when my old GR was around).[/quote]

I know that's how it was last time. I was just saying that I was hoping they would do something new and make it automatic. I highly doubt it tho. It's very very very hopeful.

All BBV employees are so knowledgable about trading games and how to put the credit onto value cards and gift cards. They are also diligent about keeping the used games priced correctly with the corresponding price stickers. They are superb in the area of customer service overall. I don't know why I would doubt them and speculate that one or two stores in someone's area might not be aware of the sale on the 1st day.

[quote name='Truone']I'm in the L.A. area and I got denied the F4 trade. At first it wouldn't scan. Then the guy helping did it manually and a note popped up about the game being on sale at TRU for $5 and not to take any trades in. This happened last week right after the Blockbuster sales clerk was fired for trading too many copies of F4 (Kunai story about telling the clerk where he got the F4 from).[/quote]

Damn, still have 1 copy of FF left. I have already traded a copy of FF to each of the BBs where I trade. I could try to trade it to one of the BBs where I just started trading last week but the only game I've traded there is FF. I'm afraid of alerting a jr. detective. What to do?

In Pennsylvania, I traded in an F4 no problem at one BB, but at another 5 miles away it had to be entered manually.

And for the record, while BB employees at my stores may be a little clueless at times, the managers always seem to be on top of things. And they're generally real nice to deal with, unlike some other unnamed retail chains I frequent. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back