The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='CaoPi']kinda off topic, does anyone here even use goozex? Harry potter for ps3 can catch a good 450 points and SH: CE, gets 750 points[/quote]

I just checked, and Jumper gets 650 points...isnt this like 8.99 used at gamestop before the 25% coupon and edge card?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I just checked, and Jumper gets 650 points...isnt this like 8.99 used at gamestop before the 25% coupon and edge card?[/quote]

Yeah, but there's 15 available already and two trades have happened since March, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

[quote name='emg28']I found SST 360 at some local GSs but they were priced at $44.99. I asked the clerk at the first GS to check the price and he confirmed $44.99. I told him that the GS website said $17.99. He said that $19.99(new)/$17.99(used) was "Gamedays" sale price but price went back up to $49.99(new)/$44.99(used) after sale ended. :cry:

Didn't see this mentioned before but that may be because there aren't alot of used SST 360 available. Just a heads up for anyone looking to flip SST to BB.[/quote]

He didn't know what he was doing. I can confirm that it is still $17.99 used. I believe the online system uses the same pricing as they do in store.

[quote name='judgeTurpin']u don't need a coupon for this...it should be in their system...today(sunday) is the 6th...some of the employees told me it will start monday the 7th while another one i called said tuesday the 8th...a fellow CAGER and employee of BBV informed me that it will be on the 8th so i'll take his word for it...[/QUOTE]

i hope it starts tomorrow.. Im going past 2 blockbusters tomorrow and it would save me gas money.

Love to get

harvest moon boy girl and some type of afterburner for the PSP for 14.99

and 2other PSPO games at antoehr store for 10

[quote name='DarkRider23']Care to tell us how you got 2 Condemned's for $18?[/QUOTE]

You read it wrong. I traded in the two Moto GPs for $22 and spent an additional $18. So I had to add an additional $18 to the credit I just received to purchase the two Condemned 2 titles.

[quote name='Bezerker']He didn't know what he was doing. I can confirm that it is still $17.99 used. I believe the online system uses the same pricing as they do in store.[/quote]

It's a little YMMV. The one at my home store told me that SST for the 360 was not included because it wasnt in the picture (only the wii one). He then proceeded to tell me that it had never been 19.99/17.99 before, despite having been that low for months prior. I told him w/e, bought the wii version... drove it across the street and flipped it... hoping he saw me in my yellow car.

[quote name='ultramanJ']You read it wrong. I traded in the two Moto GPs for $22 and spent an additional $18. So I had to add an additional $18 to the credit I just received to purchase the two Condemned 2 titles.[/quote]

I just assumed you used cash because you didn't mention credit ;). Mess ups happen. Oh well.

[quote name='dyeknom']It's a little YMMV. The one at my home store told me that SST for the 360 was not included because it wasnt in the picture (only the wii one). He then proceeded to tell me that it had never been 19.99/17.99 before, despite having been that low for months prior. I told him w/e, bought the wii version... drove it across the street and flipped it... hoping he saw me in my yellow car.[/quote]

Employee competence is YMMV, the prices are the same across the company.

i checked out a few blockbusters when i was out yesterday and found 1 with a load of fliippable games. sucky thing is, this blockbuster didn't participate in the b1g1 last time.

[quote name='ghozt']i checked out a few blockbusters when i was out yesterday and found 1 with a load of fliippable games. sucky thing is, this blockbuster didn't participate in the b1g1 last time.[/quote]

the trouble is - are they really not participating or do they just not know about it?

Does anybody know the Trade in Value for Splinter Cell: Double Agent the special edition? I saw the price on the wiki and i called two on the phone and they would not give me the trade in price over the phone :whistle2:(

i am assuming most have cell phones with free long distance. if your local BB doesn't give TIV over the phone call any of these.

(817) 926-5711
(817) 377-2396

[quote name='slidecage']i hope it starts tomorrow.. Im going past 2 blockbusters tomorrow and it would save me gas money.

Love to get

harvest moon boy girl and some type of afterburner for the PSP for 14.99

and 2other PSPO games at antoehr store for 10[/quote]

I can confirm it doesn't start until Tuesday. All of the stores should have received information on the deal in their communications update last week. Blockbuster's deals do not start until Tuesday when the Map goes into effect. Hope that helps.

I have a question about the B1G1 sale. Are you limited in how many games you can get?

For instance, if I go up to the register with 8 games in hand, will I take home 4 free?

As long as they are under $14.99 each, yes.

I plan on getting around 30 games at one store alone, unfortunately, its a store where they keep all the discs in the back, so they're going to have to hunt down each one. But maybe I'll get lucky and one of the people who I hate will be working, so they can deal with it.

I really do find it retarded that they keep empty game cases not only locked with the yellow locks, but in a secondary clear case with another lock. Though it would be incredibly hiliarious to see someone go through a lot of effort to steal & open both locks, only to find an empty case inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, it'll take them hours to get out all those games for you. i've waited 5-10 mins for just 1 game on numerous occasions.

In general, do DS games trade in for a decent value? My wife just got a DS and she already does not want some games....I'm curious if I should trade in or trade here :)

Nevermind, it appears $15 was the going rate for $35 games....(New Super Mario Bros was the one I checked in the Wiki).

Nope, I have never been impressed with the trade in value for portable games @ BB. I can usually get similar value @ GS and would just prefer the credit there.

[quote name='Bigjames']I can confirm it doesn't start until Tuesday. All of the stores should have received information on the deal in their communications update last week. Blockbuster's deals do not start until Tuesday when the Map goes into effect. Hope that helps.[/quote]

Thank god for that as I need to unload all the Vikings I have on Monday to rebuild my credit.

Io, add Guitar Hero III as a good flip from GS to GR using the 25 coupon + 10% edge discounts.

So anyone know what the chances are of Wii Fantastic 4 dropping to $10-$15 on tuesday. Whoever bought it from GS recently could presumably just pick it up and return it back to them!

Great day for flipping as everything I eyed yesterday was still sitting there just begging me to buy them. The coupons worked perfectly which is a testament to how superior CAG posters are compared to other sites. The first GS I went to had no issues whatsoever accepting my coupons and ringing up separate transactions for my purchases. Great customer service, clean and spacious store, never pushy, rather friendly to be honest. Definitely won over a new customer there regardless of this flipping business. One of the clerks at the second wasn't down for that but instead let me use the first coupon then turned right around and actually sold me two Vikings for the price of one in exchange for handing over the second coupon (WTF I know right?). Oh so lovely. The third I'll have to be careful with as the manager is ALWAYS there and thus always the one to ring me up. He couldn't have cared less when I traded in duplicate Viva Pinatas but I make sure never to buy any there when he's working without I have a story to back it up. I had to change the subject quick (but nonchalantly) when he asked me how the Viking was that I bought yesterday since I don't even own a 360. >_>

Unfortunately... for everything plus there has to be at least a few negatives lurking in the shadows just waiting to wreck shop and balance my universe out. All of my issues today stemmed with Blockbuster and their screw ball employees seemingly itching for me to punch them in the fucking face. It all started at the first BB which was the very same refusing to offer me a membership without a credit card yesterday. I strolled in after my GS runs fully prepared to argue my way into victory and for a moment your boy Ink almost achieved his goal. The hesistant, mildly attractive, slightly snappy idiotic assistant to the Jr. Detective in the making store manager couldn't accept my second form of ID, but instead of allowing me to walk out of the store to collect my vehicle registration as previously suggested... she directed me to her 20-something store manager infused with the power of Grayskull, menopause, and unlimited amounts of generally unwarranted jackassery. Oh my shit! Why look who it is! The same douche adament about valid credit card inclusion for the trading AND purchasing of all games and gaming related items! Oh you little smug motherfucker... Ugh. To make a long story short dispite making my intentions clear in calm voice that I had previous memberships and even with a RESTRICTED MEMBERSHIP I COULDN'T EVEN RENT GAMES WITHOUT CONVERTED TO A FULL MEMBERSHIP WHICH WOULD THEN REQUIRE THE DAMN CREDIT CARD... he STILL refused to give me a membership.

What a dick.

Fine. I'll take my undeserved L and be on my merry way you demon spawn. Jesus.

As of now I am seriously on the fence about doing any sort of business so long as Mr. Why So Serious!? is connected to the branch... period. I could easily imagine him feverishly checking accounts on his spare time. Most definitely will keep my wits about me there for sure. Thankfully for some unknown reason the world immediately decided to right itself at the second BB branch which was the only one with a GR sign stamped on it... was heavenly. Absolutely HEAVENLY. First of all it turns out the clerks there though noticeably lax were well informed and refreshingly professional. They knew exactly what I was talking about concerning the membership even so far as wonder why the hell a credit card was even brought up in the first place at the last store. We all came to an agreement the guy was a complete dick and could have easily done his damn job. They hooked me up quite nicely and clued me into the fact that at their they're only allow to accept three total dupe trades per account instead of the normal two without hassle... simply because they just don't give a fuck. Beautiful. Because of this staggeringly positive turn of events I decided to direct a fellow customer searching for a Wii to the previous branch of hell since I've been eyeing a couple since I first stepped foot into it.

What's even better is that I'll have $283 in BB credit after I dump these last few Vikings and they've got the only object of my desire there (MSG4 PS3 BUNDLE BABY!!!). Can you say icing on the cake? Wonderful. If I play my cards right I'll have it this week. Pray for me folks. Pray for me. As for the third and final BB, eh. A decent experience to be had indeed. The only irritating part being that I now have two accounts since my card hasn't been accepted to the system yet and I need to form another trade account at the same place when I return, but no big deal.

All and all I'm looking forward to B1G1. :D

As for TIVs the only one I have is Conan (360) for $12. Not much but better than nothing.

[quote name='nietzsche74']So anyone know what the chances are of Wii Fantastic 4 dropping to $10-$15 on tuesday. Whoever bought it from GS recently could presumably just pick it up and return it back to them![/quote]

I think Blockbuster is going to collect all the copies and bury them in the desert next to the E.T. carts and wish it never saw them. :)

On another note, does anyone know how BBV handles banning people. Is it done on a store-by-store basis or district-wide or what? Reason I ask is that my local store won't accept any more trades from me because I "traded in too many copies of the same game," but I can still trade at another BBV.

I only traded one copy of F4 there, but I did do a dumb thing and traded a couple at a time at other stores (irony being their "only 2 copies of same title per day" signage made me too bold). So obviously another store called my own store and got me banned, however I've been able to trade at least one other BBV since (though even sticking to a strict policy of one copy of a game ever, the managers still look at me funny because I'm pretty much the only person who does trades).

Just wondering if maybe there's different levels of being banned? Are the notes on your account only put on by store managers, and if the jr. detectives don't call the other stores, you're ok? I'm figuring since it was my "home" store, that's why they got called. But I guess that note doesn't go to every store, unless it's put on at a district or corporate level? And does anyone know how big a typical BBV district is?

Just curious.

And before anyone wants to point out how dumb I am, believe me, I already realize it.

[quote name='swetooth9']flippers love their consoles, eh?

i'm just gonna use my credit on new releases that won't drop in price soon (gears 2, etc.)[/quote]

I love em both :). I'm using my credit to buy a couple of games when they come out(Gears 2, SC IV, Star Wars: Force Unleashed), but I'm also going to save enough credit for a PS3.

But the catch is that I'm trying to use no money out of pocket. I started with $40 BB credit and I've been increasing it and flipping back and forth from BB to GS. Right now I have $89 BB Credit and $13 in GS credit. I can't wait for the B1G1. I'll be doubling my BB>GS credit instead of keeping it 1:1.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='swetooth9']flippers love their consoles, eh?

i'm just gonna use my credit on new releases that won't drop in price soon (gears 2, etc.)[/quote]

As soon as I get my next gen consoles I'll be flipping exclusively for the same reason. You guys were right about this being an addictive habit for some. I couldn't sleep yesterday because I was looking forward to making some money. >_>

I just wish there was more of a variety for $32 and $25 TIV titles. Once the B1G1 starts it is going to be an uphill battle from then on. =\

Has everybody been planning on getting any current gen games out of this B1G1? I'm mostly curious about PS3 games but when I went to BB this past week the cheapest PS3 game I was able to find was Assassin's Creed $24.99. What is everybody planning on buying for this sale?

Io - Confirmed that FF4 for Wii did not scan at one of my local GR locations. They had no copies on the shelf, and she looked it up and gave me the $30, but it would not scan. I'm guessing this was an easy way for corporate to try to minimize trade-ins on that game???

I had bought that copy from GS as part of my overall strategy to turn $200 in GS credit into $600 before the end of next week. The "no-scan" made me remove that game from my list of GS to BB/GR flippables. Not worth the hassle IMHO. Regardless, moved over about $150 GS into about $275 GR/BB today, hoping to get the other $50 flipped tomorrow.

[quote name='ghozt']i am assuming most have cell phones with free long distance. if your local BB doesn't give TIV over the phone call any of these.

(817) 926-5711
(817) 377-2396[/quote]

Well I will be saving those numbers. Thanks, my BBV are extremely new at the trading game thing (I believe its me, a buddy who I told, and one other person in my area) and they never give them over the phone.

[quote name='vanlandw']Has everybody been planning on getting any current gen games out of this B1G1? I'm mostly curious about PS3 games but when I went to BB this past week the cheapest PS3 game I was able to find was Assassin's Creed $24.99. What is everybody planning on buying for this sale?[/quote]

I plan on almost cleaning out my local BB with games to flip back to GS.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']Io - Confirmed that FF4 for Wii did not scan at one of my local GR locations. They had no copies on the shelf, and she looked it up and gave me the $30, but it would not scan. I'm guessing this was an easy way for corporate to try to minimize trade-ins on that game???

I had bought that copy from GS as part of my overall strategy to turn $200 in GS credit into $600 before the end of next week. The "no-scan" made me remove that game from my list of GS to BB/GR flippables. Not worth the hassle IMHO. Regardless, moved over about $150 GS into about $275 GR/BB today, hoping to get the other $50 flipped tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You know if you have a Game Crazy near you they will price match the TIV of FF4 so you could get rid of copies that way, too. Just take the receipt with the value on it.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I love em both :). I'm using my credit to buy a couple of games when they come out(Gears 2, SC IV, Star Wars: Force Unleashed), but I'm also going to save enough credit for a PS3.

But the catch is that I'm trying to use no money out of pocket. I started with $40 BB credit and I've been increasing it and flipping back and forth from BB to GS. Right now I have $89 BB Credit and $13 in GS credit. I can't wait for the B1G1. I'll be doubling my BB>GS credit instead of keeping it 1:1.[/quote]

which games will you be using? just the ones on the first page that io listed?

idk how you would double it with that....oh wait..i forgot you use the B1G1...sweet

if only my stores had more of the better ones to trade :(

[quote name='salty tbone']On another note, does anyone know how BBV handles banning people. Is it done on a store-by-store basis or district-wide or what? Reason I ask is that my local store won't accept any more trades from me because I "traded in too many copies of the same game," but I can still trade at another BBV.[/quote]

Well they are store by store. Unless the store manager wants to have too much time on there hand and call the other locations to do some digging. But again that is rare. I am currently "banned" from one store thanks to MM and Beowulf where the store manager wanted to check. But I have trade in privileges at 4 other stores in my area. Might go sign up at the other few in the area and attempt to see if I can get back in the one nearest me (the manager is gone now so I might be able to)

Also you weren't stupid just inexperienced. You will learn. I spread out my flips between my 4 stores never giving up 1 of each title per day.

[quote name='Agrippan']Too late... :)[/quote]

LOL.

Yeah. You got me. I just pray I don't run into a Jr. Detective at the new branches I plan to hit either tomorrow or Tuesday to get rid of these Vikings and History Channel. I feel like a kid in a candy store knowing that four of the seven within my area accept trades (well... six barring the "only trade under extreme circumstances" store with Mr. WSS which I know for a fact will monitor my account wondering how the hell I got a membership in the first place ;\).

I'm on a mission and I plan to complete my god damn objectives by any means necessary. My broke ass has waited too long for that PS3. Hell if it wasn't for BC I wouldn't have convinced myself to buy one in the first place, but with that and KZ2 on the horizon plus Bioshock coming soon, MGS4 and a bunch of other titles? Tch, I just couldn't pass up a chance to snag one for cheap.

wait is RoSS still getting $30? im kinda confused.

im pretty new to this flipping thing since i just discovered my blockbuster does trades. so i guess im spending the night tryin to figure out a game plan of how I can get the most store credit (for either gs or bbv) through flippin shit

Some price info from this weeks price drops (all prices are used at BBV):

Conan (X360)- 14.99
Eragon (X360)- 6.99
Spyro: Eternal Night (Wii)- 16.99 [I think this one went UP in price]
Fantastic Four: ROTSS (Wii)- 29.99 [meaning the TIV will drop to $20 or less on Tuesday]

Also, the B1G1 will start on TUESDAY, regardless of what your local, not so intelligent BBV employee says.

I'm on a mission and I plan to complete my god damn objectives by any means necessary. My broke ass has waited too long for that PS3. Hell if it wasn't for BC I wouldn't have convinced myself to buy one in the first place, but with that and KZ2 on the horizon plus Bioshock coming soon, MGS4 and a bunch of other titles? Tch, I just couldn't pass up a chance to snag one for cheap.

^ Fair enough dude, especially if the MGS bundle is available where you are.

I may have to find a Viking and Condemned tomorrow to do some late flipping...although, I do NOT have an EDGE card, so not sure if it is worth it. What are they, $15 or something?

[quote name='doubledown']I may have to find a Viking and Condemned tomorrow to do some late flipping...although, I do NOT have an EDGE card, so not sure if it is worth it. What are they, $15 or something?[/quote]

Yeah, but you can use Trade-in credit to buy it. Worth it if you plan on trading in/buying used games at GS a lot.

You also get a subscription to Game Informer, but I've found it to be pretty crap. Lower quality than EGM overall.

[quote name='doubledown']I may have to find a Viking and Condemned tomorrow to do some late flipping...although, I do NOT have an EDGE card, so not sure if it is worth it. What are they, $15 or something?[/quote]

You can still use the 25% off coupon... It's $17.84 after taxes with EDGE+Coupon.

[quote name='Bigjames']I can confirm it doesn't start until Tuesday. All of the stores should have received information on the deal in their communications update last week. Blockbuster's deals do not start until Tuesday when the Map goes into effect. Hope that helps.[/quote]

so, when they inevitably say 'i don't know what you're talking about', how do we respond? please check your 'Map'? please check your communications update?

[quote name='UCLAevo']so, when they inevitably say 'i don't know what you're talking about', how do we respond? please check your 'Map'? please check your communications update?[/quote]

Try to get a manager to do everything. Ask them to check their memos.

I'm going in like 30 minutes after they open just so I can get the manager to do everything.

With the B1G1, i think its time to get an edge card :)

I keep track of everything through my receipts, and since I've had an edge card I've saved/earned over $200 from it (through trade in value, and discounts off games). If your a flipper, its pretty much needed and starting tuesday its a great chance to get it.

Ok, I may get one....plus, my wife just got a DS (well, I got it for her with GR/BB credit) and the selection on USED games at Blockbuster/GR is HORRIBLE. I may just get some used at GameStop (if they come with case/manual).

I was looking at this page on GameStop's website (http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/) and it says New Super Mario Bros. trades in for $20-$24...is that accurate? I cannot think that is true....my wife does not enjoy the game.

[quote name='doubledown']Ok, I may get one....plus, my wife just got a DS (well, I got it for her with GR/BB credit) and the selection on USED games at Blockbuster/GR is HORRIBLE. I may just get some used at GameStop (if they come with case/manual).

I was looking at this page on GameStop's website (http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/) and it says New Super Mario Bros. trades in for $20-$24...is that accurate? I cannot think that is true....my wife does not enjoy the game.[/quote]

Yes, it's accurate. It's a good game and still sells. Sells for $30 used so expect it to give you $20 TIV.

not really anything worth driving around looking for. tempted to drive out to Jefferson to see if they have anything but i doubt i will waste my gas money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back