The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='gi60']Where are you located? I just called my BB in Orange County, CA and they haven't receive Wii in a long time.[/quote]

Cincinnati, they probably don't have the Wii but they have boxes. Should have probably edited that sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']This sucks... So I have to hope for not only 1, not 2, but 3 games not to drop their TIV tomorrow. I hope I get lucky.

If anyone feels like being nice and would like to call and ask tomorrow (if they are calling anyways) Im looking for the TIV of:

MLB2K8 PS3
Guitar Hero III 360
Devil May Cry 4 PS3

Thanks![/quote]

lol, why don't you just call yourself? That's just lazy.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']lol, why don't you just call yourself? That's just lazy.[/quote]

Um I CAN call myself. My point was if someone was able to call before I was able to tomorrow then if they could post it that would be great. Otherwise I will prob call when I get a chance that would probably be in the afternoon which would be after, Im sure, a LOT of members here have called on something already.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']if someone was able to call before I was able to tomorrow then if they could post it that would be great. Otherwise I will prob call when I get a chance that would probably be in the afternoon which would be after, Im sure, a LOT of members here have called on something already.[/quote]

I'm sure they havent called tomorrow though. Unless theres some kind of paradox going.

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm sure they havent called tomorrow though. Unless theres some kind of paradox going.[/quote]

Now go back and read my entire statement and it makes perfect sense ;)

it's odd...posting on forums under anonymous is easy as pie...but actually having to VERBALLY COMMUNICATE with others anonymously...NOW THAT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY! :roll:

Does anyone know if Blockbuster gets Limited Editions of games in for sale? I was hoping to get the Gold Edition of Bad Company this week, but is there any chance of Blockbuster getting it or am I going to have to get my credit back and flip it to Gamestop?

A little new to this but it seems that most games you flip you are only getting 2-5 dollars. To make over $100 wouldnt you have to be turning in like 10 games of the same thing at a time. Dont they only limit you to 1 of the same game? Whats going on?

So the cycle goes as:
1. Buy games at Block Buster
2. Trade them in at Game Stop for Profit.
3. Buy more at Block Buster
4. Go Back to Game Stop?

Are GR and GS affiliated?

[quote name='s00pNAZi']Whats going on?[/quote]

Currently:
1. Buy marked-down games from GameStop.
2. Trade them into Blockbuster for credit worth 2x what you paid.
3. Buy games from Blockbuster that will get you equal credit at GameStop.
4. Trade the games from Blockbuster to GameStop.
5. Use the credit to buy more GameStop markdowns.
6. Repeat steps 2 -5 until Monday.

[quote name='s00pNAZi']A little new to this but it seems that most games you flip you are only getting 2-5 dollars. To make over $100 wouldnt you have to be turning in like 10 games of the same thing at a time. Dont they only limit you to 1 of the same game? Whats going on?

So the cycle goes as:
1. Buy games at Block Buster
2. Trade them in at Game Stop for Profit.
3. Buy more at Block Buster
4. Go Back to Game Stop?

Are GR and GS affiliated?[/quote]

You got it backward dude. The big credit is earned flipping recent price drop games from GS to BB/GR. This turns into an incredible opportunity when GS runs a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" promo.

Flipping credit back to GS is not as easy, and the only reason to do so is because of the greater flexibility (and therefore value) that GS credit holds. This can basically only be done (without taking a big hit) when BB/GR is having a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" sale OR when GS is running a "Trade 2 Get Bonus $10" promo...which they currently are (until 6/29). But even when you convert BB/GR credit to GS credit, you'll be lucky if you make a $1 profit per flipped game.

These special promotions aside, the usual end objective is to take a little cash/GS credit and turn it into twice as much in BB/GR credit. If your BB/GR doesn't take pre-orders or sell many games/systems, there wouldn't be much in it for you. Flipping the credit back to GS is a once in a blue moon event. Hope that helps.

[quote name='djkunai']Currently:
6. Repeat steps 2 -5 until Monday.[/quote]

Nice teamwork kunai...you did short-term, I did long-term. That should pretty much explain everything, haha

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I saw 2 deals at my Blockbuster in SC.

Rock Band PS2 - $99 (good till August 15)
$10 off GTAIV for PS3 and 360

I tried to do that today but Meet the robisons on Wii was 16.99 instead of 9.99 at BB so that's a loss in TIV to GS

[quote name='CaoPi']I tried to do that today but Meet the robisons on Wii was 16.99 instead of 9.99 at BB so that's a loss in TIV to GS[/QUOTE]

Which is reflected in the OP - they bumped it up from $9.99 last week. Stick to the 360 games as they have stayed the same or gone even lower (like EDF 2017).

[quote name='Quintox']Not sure if this was mentioned, but I saw 2 deals at my Blockbuster in SC.

$10 off GTAIV for PS3 and 360[/QUOTE]

Well if you look back ONE page to post #639, you will see that it was mentioned, as well as on the ORIGINAL POST of this thread. Does anyone bother to read these threads AT ALL ??!?!?!!?!!??

[quote name='Warner1281']For those of you interested in getting the GTA4 for $10 off. You shouldn't need the coupon. All stores were sent a memo with a barcode to scan for anyone buying GTA4 (any system, regular edition only). The barcode will take off $10 w/o the need for the coupon that was sent out.[/quote]

WTF? I just bought GTA4 PS3 on Sunday and was charged $59.99. The "Shift Leader" completed my transaction. She made me wait for about 10 minutes as she claimed that the guy with the key to the case had stepped out for a moment. Maybe she was being difficult as I had just traded 2 games and asked for the credit on my existing value card. I guess she doesn't know how to reload a VC because she told me that it was full (had $52 on it) :roll:. She gave me store credit and I took it since I was buying GTA4 anyways. I guess she was embarrased by her ineptness. I have traded in to her before and she had her co-worker take over the transaction when it came time to reload my VC.

[quote name='Quintox']Not sure if this was mentioned, but I saw 2 deals at my Blockbuster in SC.

$10 off GTAIV for PS3 and 360[/quote]

Did they have signs up for the GTA4 deal?

I still have GTA4 sealed. I will return and rebuy, hopefully, less $10 and tax.

A few trade in values as of 6/23/08

NHL 08 (360) - $28.50
The Bigs (360) - $12
College Hoops 2K7 (PS3) - $9

I believe those are correct....I know NHL is for sure, the others I might be off, but I'm almost positive I got $49.50 back...so it seems correct for me.

[quote name='emg28']WTF? I just bought GTA4 PS3 on Sunday and was charged $59.99. The "Shift Leader" completed my transaction. She made me wait for about 10 minutes as she claimed that the guy with the key to the case had stepped out for a moment. Maybe she was being difficult as I had just traded 2 games and asked for the credit on my existing value card. I guess she doesn't know how to reload a VC because she told me that it was full (had $52 on it) :roll:. She gave me store credit and I took it since I was buying GTA4 anyways. I guess she was embarrased by her ineptness. I have traded in to her before and she had her co-worker take over the transaction when it came time to reload my VC.

Did they have signs up for the GTA4 deal?

I still have GTA4 sealed. I will return and rebuy, hopefully, less $10 and tax.[/quote]

You have to mention the discount to get it. Just say you received a text message about it. Blockbuster is testing out texting coupons to. Also we received a memo saying that GTA was going to be dropping to $54.99. I'll check the memo today and see what day that goes into effect.

[quote name='CaoPi']so how would I go about buying SH for $15 at BB and trading it in to others for $33 store credit? :lol:[/quote]

You can't. The TIV dropped.

As of today, which games from GS still get 2x credit at BBV?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']As of today, which games from GS still get 2x credit at BBV?[/quote]

Stranglehold. Go buy every copy.

If someone could call up for SST, that'd be cool. I'd do it myself but my phone is dead and the charger is at work. Otherwise I'll post it around 3pm.

[quote name='djkunai']If someone could call up for SST, that'd be cool. I'd do it myself but my phone is dead and the charger is at work. Otherwise I'll post it around 3pm.[/quote]

djkunai's phone is dead! ARMAGEDDON!!!!!!!!!!:hot:

SST (x360) $25 as of today. Some other values:

Orange Box (PS3) $23
Guitar Hero III (x360) $28.50
Nights (Wii) $16 (2.99 at Meijer if you happen to live in the Midwest).

[quote name='djkunai']If someone could call up for SST, that'd be cool. I'd do it myself but my phone is dead and the charger is at work. Otherwise I'll post it around 3pm.[/quote]

istockphoto_29687_pay_phone.jpg

just got some TIV over the phone:

iconxbox360.gif
Bully: Scholarship Edition $15
iconwii.gif
Sega Superstar Tennis $26
iconps3.gif
Sega Superstar Tennis $30

thankfully SST didnt drop this week. i gonna start flipping those now that stranglehold is over. i actually found a 360 Collectors Edition used at microcenter for $23 and used the coupon to get it for $15 after tax.

$15 -> $35 is pretty sweet

Stranglehold will be missed . . .

TIV:

Sega Rally Revo 360: $8
MLB 2K8 PS3: $36

So SRR is a fail. Lol.

Glad to see MLB2K8 held at $36 (and SST for that matter). Looks like those us who got in on the Amazon price of $15.99 will have a nice profit there. My 2 copies come today.

Thanks for the Guitar Hero 3 quote also...glad that held.

I didnt bother asking about DMC because Ill be trading it in no matter so Ill just find out when I go. Doubt it dropped much at all.

For anyone wondering..you can get SST for the PS3 BRAND NEW from GS for $19.99 as part of their gameday sale. Also if you have look around enough you can get the 10% off new games coupon to make it cheaper.

Flipped the Club (PS3) today - $30

I have $380 in BBV credit at the moment on less than $150 spent. Pretty good for a noob, I think. I'd like to flip it into GS credit, but that seems a bit more difficult than the striaght flips to BBV I have been doing so far.

I guess I'll just stick with BBV credit for now. I probably need to stop flipping for awhile, just so I can get rid of some of my credit. I'm not sure there are 6 games coming out in the next 6 months that I actually want, plus the envitiable TRU B2G1 sale.

[quote name='soonerdoc']Well if you look back ONE page to post #639, you will see that it was mentioned, as well as on the ORIGINAL POST of this thread. Does anyone bother to read these threads AT ALL ??!?!?!!?!!??[/quote]

Sorry for trying to help

Alright, so I am a noob at this thread, just starting to read.

What are good flips right now? SST is all?

Is there still a 10% off new games coupon? The one that we previously used was changed to used stuff only right?

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']TIV:

Sega Rally Revo 360: $8
MLB 2K8 PS3: $36

So SRR is a fail. Lol.

Glad to see MLB2K8 held at $36 (and SST for that matter). Looks like those us who got in on the Amazon price of $15.99 will have a nice profit there. My 2 copies come today.

Thanks for the Guitar Hero 3 quote also...glad that held.

I didnt bother asking about DMC because Ill be trading it in no matter so Ill just find out when I go. Doubt it dropped much at all.

For anyone wondering..you can get SST for the PS3 BRAND NEW from GS for $19.99 as part of their gameday sale. Also if you have look around enough you can get the 10% off new games coupon to make it cheaper.[/quote]

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Is there still a 10% off new games coupon? The one that we previously used was changed to used stuff only right?[/quote]

From the Game Informer I have from being an EDGE member there is a "gamedays sale" 10% off any new games. Has this not been posted elsewhere on here? If not I could probably scan it and post it up.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Is there still a 10% off new games coupon? The one that we previously used was changed to used stuff only right?[/quote]

i believe he is referring to the 10% coupon for the game days sale. it is found inside the game informer with guitar hero 4 on the cover.

I should have checked here first but I was already on the road. Stranglehold for PS3 dropped to $9 (well that's what she told me). Now I gotta go back to GS and get my credit back.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']That coupon is only good for the stuff that is part of the GameDays sale...[/quote]

Wow seriously? Does anyone read anything other then the absolute LAST post before they post something?

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']

For anyone wondering..you can get SST for the PS3 BRAND NEW from GS for $19.99 as part of their gameday sale. Also if you have look around enough you can get the 10% off new games coupon to make it cheaper.[/quote]

saw these at 9.99 for 360, not sure how much they get at gamestop, but these would allow you to barely break even only making a few bucks more.

V. Tennis 3
Prey
LEgo S. Wars 2: Originally Trilogy

Wii
MTR 16.99

[quote name='djNfinity']I should have checked here first but I was already on the road. Stranglehold for PS3 dropped to $9 (well that's what she told me). Now I gotta go back to GS and get my credit back.[/quote]

that sucks, there goes an extra spending on gas driving back and forth, not to mention time and effort also! :roll:

[quote name='CaoPi']saw these at 9.99 for 360, not sure how much they get at gamestop, but these would allow you to barely break even only making a few bucks more.

V. Tennis 3
Prey
LEgo S. Wars 2: Originally Trilogy

Wii
MTR 16.99[/quote]

Well MTR would get you negative value... VT3 is pretty solid you gain about a dollar. Dont know about Prey or Legos.

Forza Motosport 2 (360) is $5.95 on gamedailydeal.com! Someone quickly find out the TIV!!!! probably not worthed since shipping is high from them

[quote name='CaoPi']Forza Motosport 2 (360) is $5.95 on gamedailydeal.com! Someone quickly find out the TIV!!!! probably not worthed since shipping is high from them[/quote]

Is your phone broken? lol

As of Today

GameStop TIV:
Fantastic 4 RSS: Wii 5.00 (I got 7.00 yesterday)
Ninety Nine Nights: 360 7.00
Prey: 360 1.50

with the 2/$10 deal these aren't bad without that not so much

BBV TIV:
Condemned 2: 360 32.00

called 2 different bb 1 GR 1 BB today about PS3 gh3 tiv and was told they don't have a trade in value for it and can't accept it stopped by another and talked to them about it and she veriefied that she has wii and 360 values but no ps3 values

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back