The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

The best flippable game I've found was Phantasy Star Universe. $9.99 at GR and $5 trade in at GS so double your money easily. The Edge takes care of the tax if you have one. I picked up 2.

Only noteworthy thing I have to post is that a GS employee told me a B2G1 sale should be happening "soon" I know its hardly a reliable tip, but I'm definitely hoping it happens.

[quote name='donut']Confirmed today
Star Trek Legacy BB $14.99 GS TIV $6
The Outfit BB $9.99 GS TIV $2.50
Transformers BB $14.99 GS TIV $6
Street Homecourt $14.99 GS TIV $5
Monster Madness $14.99 GS TIV $5
Ratatouille $14.99 GS TIV $5[/QUOTE]

So Transformers just went down to $15 used a GR... can anyone else confirm this?

Last edited by a moderator:
flipped all my credits to GS and i have about 110$ credit + Edge card(16.02 after taxes with 12 issues of GI) at gamestop from 32$ out of pocket money from flipping before =). Tomorrow will be GS flipping back to BBV. Found a store with a some copies of C2 and Viking. Or might just buy my own copy of MGS4 instead of keep renting it from BBV with my free rental card when i buy ps3 because my BBV seen to be ran out of the top 5 games i consider most profitable to flip. The only have VT3 left (lot of them) and 1 beautiful katamari at another store >.>. So might turn my GS credit in cash by buying wiifit or ps3 games. Good luck every one on flipping. The B1G1 deal will end 13 days from now. Get the best out of it.

[quote name='swetooth9']on gs.com, it says that harry potter ps3 new is 29.99 now[/quote]

Yeah, the $9.99 price is just for the Game Days sale and I've seen it lying in a bin in a couple of stores still. They'll probably do it til they're gone. It's only a +$6 flip though, barely worth it.

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, the $9.99 price is just for the Game Days sale and I've seen it lying in a bin in a couple of stores still. They'll probably do it til they're gone. It's only a +$6 flip though, barely worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they had a bin today at GS with all the gameday crap. Mostly psp games, but they had a few harry potter and DJ : icon for either 9.99 or 14.99.

Thanks to this B1G1 free sale for the first time I have more Gamestop credit than BBV credit. I couldn't find a copy of Fatal Inertia anywhere.

At one GS that I never go to:
Me: so what does that come out to.. about $80?
Cashier: $79.60. How did you know?
Me: Cause I've traded these games about 5 times each already beeyotch!
Me (out loud): I figured they're worth $5 each and then the bonus.

Then I quickly left the store.

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, the $9.99 price is just for the Game Days sale and I've seen it lying in a bin in a couple of stores still. They'll probably do it til they're gone. It's only a +$6 flip though, barely worth it.[/quote]

Definitely not worth it on it's own, but if you're already buying 2 360 games with the coupon, you might as well toss it in and use the +$6 at BBV to it's fullest.

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, the $9.99 price is just for the Game Days sale and I've seen it lying in a bin in a couple of stores still. They'll probably do it til they're gone. It's only a +$6 flip though, barely worth it.[/quote]

If your using all credit, it doesn't really matter, $6 will add up if you buy a harry potter at GS for each BBV stop before visiting your local BBV's to stock up on games.

Edit: oops beat by 3 mins...

I will ask a quesiton then:

If I bought viking to play at GS with partial Edge credit and partial cash, can I return and rebuy so I can pay it all w/ credit so I can get my ~$10 back?

[quote name='confoosious']Thanks to this B1G1 free sale for the first time I have more Gamestop credit than BBV credit. I couldn't find a copy of Fatal Inertia anywhere.

Then I quickly left the store.[/quote]

LOL, Don't do that. The last thing anyone needs is attention to this type of flipping.:roll:

My GSs all have DVDs b2g4 free but they never have anything I want (south park or Family Guy seasons). So I'm saving my remaining $50 credit since the store that had a used BF:BC wouldnt honor the 25% coupon

Meh, you kidding? Mathematically speaking, $6 on $10 is better than $9 on $20.

Although if that's all that you're buying and trading, though, its a cause for incompetent employes to waste a lot of time, but its nice to toss in with whatever else you're flipping.

[quote name='jraypeon']If your using all credit, it doesn't really matter, $6 will add up if you buy a harry potter at GS for each BBV stop before visiting your local BBV's to stock up on games.

Edit: oops beat by 3 mins...

I will ask a quesiton then:

If I bought viking to play at GS with partial Edge credit and partial cash, can I return and rebuy so I can pay it all w/ credit so I can get my ~$10 back?[/quote]

Technically, yes.... but the clerk would probably be slightly annoyed. You could always return it and buy it later or at a different store. But technically speaking, it should be doable. They give you 7 days to return used stuff if you just flat out don't like it or beat it that quickly. (30 days if its defective)

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Meh, you kidding? Mathematically speaking, $6 on $10 is better than $9 on $20.

Although if that's all that you're buying and trading, though, its a cause for incompetent employes to waste a lot of time, but its nice to toss in with whatever else you're flipping.[/quote]

Ok, ok, I concede. Especially if you're buying it in credit and there's not tax. But, if that were the only game I was flipping, I'd probably not bother. But in conjunction with other flips and/or flipping to BB, then back to GS as we've all been doing, then yes, every bit helps.

I used to buy copies of Madden 06 for like $3.something and trade to BB for $8, so I guess I'm the pot calling the kettle black.

FOR THE SERIOUS FLIPPERS OUT THERE:

Do not trade in more than 30 at a time.... the computer caps off at 30 for the extra 10...

Also do not try it in front of the District Manager like I did.

I think I'm done, traded my last 4 games over lunch, I think yesterday was an easy record for # games traded to GS (30+ easily), between the 25% 360 coupon and this B1G1 the only way things could get better is if they were giving away free money.

[quote name='spauldingfan']FOR THE SERIOUS FLIPPERS OUT THERE:

Do not trade in more than 30 at a time.... the computer caps off at 30 for the extra 10...

Also do not try it in front of the District Manager like I did.[/quote]

Wow. Your BBs must be (EDIT: must 'have been') bursting with flippable games. The most I took from BB to GS at one time was like 14 or 16 I think.

Good to know though, thanks!

[quote name='mkernan']Wow. Your BBs must be (EDIT: must 'have been') bursting with flippable games. The most I took from BB to GS at one time was like 14 or 16 I think.

Good to know though, thanks![/quote]

180 and counting

[quote name='

Also do not try it in front of the District Manager like I did.[/quote']

Did he say something? I would think he would be happy to get that many at one of his stores.

GS has the Forza2/Marvel U Alliance combo for only 11.xx after 25% off coupon and edge. Paid store credit of course. BBV gave me $8 for MUA. So its like getting Forza for $3 store credit.

[quote name='leung19']hey very stupid question, does GS take multi copy of the same game?[/QUOTE]

some people on here said ymmv. But I'd try...

Up to 400 at GS and still have 200 at BBV, my 5 stores are all out of flippable games, basically all thanks to Fantastic Four...I wish i could send the developers a thank you letter for this lol

wow wish my BB's had 180.... I found a total of 12 decent titles to flip. I don't consider flipping unless you get atleast double or around double in profit from it.
fantasy star universe cost 9.99 and gets 10.50 after edge.

[quote name='leung19']hey very stupid question, does GS take multi copy of the same game?[/quote]

I wouldn't try bringing up ten pairs of identical games or anything, but a couple of times now, I've slipped in 2 copies of the same game during a big trade (10 to 12 games). I just put one near the top and one near the bottom, they don't even notice. but generally speaking, they don't take in multiples, its just ymmv.

[quote name='UjnHunter']wow... I went yesterday and grabbed 14 games total for $90

Xbox 360: Sega Rally Revo, Spiderman Friend or Foe, Saints Row, WWE SvR 2007, Star Trek Legacy, Just Cause, MotoGP 07, Armored Core 4, FlatOut Ultimate Carnage
.[/QUOTE]

Some new stuff here - Star Trek Legacy and Flatout...

[quote name='vanlandw']I'm so on the fence on this B1G1. I'm mostly only looking for Wii and PS3 games and sadly nobody really has been buying any PS3 or Wii titles. Can anybody report any good < $14.99 PS3 titles at any GR's?[/QUOTE]

They marked up ALL PS3 and Wii games to $16.99. If you happen to find any still tagged $14.99 you might get them to manually adjust to give you B1G1 free - YMMV of course on that. I brought up an Avatar Burning Earth for Wii tagged $14.99 and it scanned $16.99. They didn't offer to do anything about it and I was getting other 360 stuff and needed to make sure they paired everything up right (they didn't believe me on the deal anyway until they saw it happen) so I didn't push it.

[quote name='Karuto']You will, but you will take a hit of 20% when you decide to go cash instead of credit. Not worth it, imho, since you can just buy new games and sell them back online, like what mkernan did. I did that with Crackdown when the Halo 3 beta was attached, and made a nice return. :D[/QUOTE]

Weird thing is that I got offered cash from the promo prices (at 20% less than credit). But still, it was $21 or so from the 2 BB games I traded (using $15 promo). I said no, but in retrospect I probably should have done it :lol:. It was $27.10 credit or $21.xx cash. I was under the impression all promos like the $10 or $15 extra only applied to trades for credit but maybe that's not the case. It would be tempting to get some of those trades in cash if I can...

[quote name='doubledown']
- Enchanted Arms & Overlord ($14.99) -> $6.00 at GS[/QUOTE]

OK. Overlord is another to add to the list.

[quote name='guinaevere']I sent io a PM about Sega Superstars Tennis having gone up at GameStop, so if you're looking for reverse flipping fodder, this one isn't as hot as it was before.

As to b1g1 at GameRush, Amped 3 is 14.99, so that works and it currently gets $4 pre-edge or $5 bonus at GameStop, so we can add this to the list of GS credit builders.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll update Sega Tennis and add Amped. By the way, I'm quoting all these posts so I can have them in one place to make the update easier ;).

[quote name='mkernan']
-I don't know what the GS trade in value for Overlord is because when I bought a copy at BB yesterday, I kept it for myself to play (heard its pretty fun and you can't beat the price). Played the first tutorial-style level and it seems pretty good, especially for $7.50.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it is a great game. I just finished playing through it and the DLC content. I had bought it at GS during the last 25% off deal, and traded some to BB and GC. I then bought the GC copy back when they dropped the price on it. Funny, though, I haven't seen any at BB - I'll have to keep an eye out for it though.

But yeah, I'd say the best "keep 'em" games from this sale are Beautiful Katamari and Overlord.

[quote name='donut']Confirmed today
Star Trek Legacy BB $14.99 GS TIV $6
The Outfit BB $9.99 GS TIV $2.50
Transformers BB $14.99 GS TIV $6
Street Homecourt $14.99 GS TIV $5[/QUOTE]

More newness - thanks!

I have been to 5 BBV's within last couple of days and have only been able to find 16 games (one is defective so have to exhange/return). Suck ass.

BTW, if anyone is in SF south bay area and want Mario Party 4 &5, and Mario something Baseball, they are available at the El Camino & Grant location for $14.99 each. Disc only for all copies however. I didnt want to spend my credit on them and bought flippable games instead. The store is closing down ann Sunday is the last day they will be open. I may pick them up Saturday if I still have credit left over.

So this is my story, thus far:

Spent about $710 cash at TARGET
Some clearance, others with B2GMass Effect Free
Returned 8 Mass Effects for about $260 cash at Target
Sold 6 Tom Clancy's to FYE for $174 cash
got $400 in BB and $350 in GS credit
Bought PS3 80gig for $350 credit, $180 cash
Sold PS3 for $530 cash.
Sold Ninja Gaiden for $55 cash
At this point had netted $130 cash and $400 in BB credit

Then this week, I flipped a ton of crap between stores. Have now about $100 BB credit and about $300 GS credit plus about $200 worth of new games I'm keeping and about $200 worth of credit in games in my car to trade in.

Now that I have recouped all my cash, and have substantial credit at both stores, I wonder how long I can flip between them and satisfy all my movie/gaming needs before I need to spend more cash again.

Here's my question about Gamestop: I assume that the Edge card links your entire account so your whole trading history is there. Do they just not care if you've traded in 5 copies of Pirates of the Caribbean?

[quote name='theeipi']
Now that I have recouped all my cash, and have substantial credit at both stores, I wonder how long I can flip between them and satisfy all my movie/gaming needs before I need to spend more cash again.[/quote]

With a little self-control you can keep ~$100 in credit at each store and you should never have to use cash again. I haven't had to use cash since the days of the Beowolf flip.

Woooooooo, my sister had her twins today (everyone's healthy, WOOT x 3) and there was a Blockbuster I'd never been to on the way back.

PS2-Sly 3 6.99
PS2-Micro Machines V4 6.99 FREE (Replaces one I goozex'd yesterday)
XB-Live Arcade 6.99
PS2-Yakuza 6.99 FREE
GC-Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes 9.99 (w00t!)
PSP-Killzone Liberation 9.99 FREE
PSP-Loco Roco 14.99
PSP-Patapon FREE
GC-Mario Power Tennis 14.99
GC-Mario Kart: Double Dash 14.99 FREE
GC-Zelda: Twilight Princess 14.99
PS2-God of War II FREE

Also, between the previously mentioned store and another BBV, I got 12 $9.99 junkers to flip to GS for 2x credit. I won't waste space listing them.

[quote name='confoosious']Thanks to this B1G1 free sale for the first time I have more Gamestop credit than BBV credit. I couldn't find a copy of Fatal Inertia anywhere.

Then I quickly left the store.[/quote]

lulz :bouncy:

[quote name='BrandonJ33']Woooooooo, my sister had her twins today (everyone's healthy, WOOT x 3) and there was a Blockbuster I'd never been to on the way back.

PS2-Sly 3 6.99
PS2-Micro Machines V4 6.99 FREE (Replaces one I goozex'd yesterday)
XB-Live Arcade 6.99
PS2-Yakuza 6.99 FREE
GC-Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes 9.99 (w00t!)
.[/quote]

Wow congrats to your sister.

I was wondering, any other good games from BBV that might have good ebay resell value?

So far from being a religious follower of the thread I have seen:
MGS: Twin Snakes and Pikmin 2.

Just wanted to post and say Amped 3 is in fact $14.99 at BBV and trade in value is:

Base: $4
After EDGE: $4.40
After EDGE and BONUS: $9.40

So its a decent one to use as well.

As of now I havent found any real good ratio games...although I did pick up 14 games from the one BBV I went to today (will go to another one that I think has a LOT of good ratio ones tonight). But I have transferred credit from BBV to GS. Have only made a total of about $35 in profit from the flip. But Im hoping that will go up a bit. Plus I dont feel like dealing with the $5 coupon and having to go to many many GS stores and hope they take it so Im only doing the normal $10 promo.

Woot im done! at BB at least. I cleaned out all of them with the newly formed list of games. Went from $200 credit down to $13 with a boatload to trade into GS. It was funny returning to the stores i went to yesterday as there were all new staff.

At my favorite BB i went to out of them all, the new chick was like you must be that guy everyone was talking about who came in yesterday and bought all these games with xxx.xx credit. I just laughed and was yea i guess im a legend now. I definitely know im the only flipper in this area which is very good and made good connections out of 5/6 stores (i get a creepy feeling from one). I now have a decision to get the rest of the earth defense force (best flip) with my $13 left but that store is the furthest :/.

I returned to the same gamestop i went to yesterday and they have different workers (yesterday i ran into that *****). Yesterday the ***** wanted to charge me for refurb fee's for some of my games, so I took them back home. Today with different workers i traded in the same games and they did not charge me refurb fees. I cant wait until that ***** see's all the games with blockbuster tags on pilling up knowing its me lol. The downfall is that they still didn't take duplicates only one of each so this might be a long process.

TIV @ GS ALL 360
Darkness- $4
Spiderman Friend or Foe- $5
Conan- $5
Stranglehold- $5

[quote name='spauldingfan']FOR THE SERIOUS FLIPPERS OUT THERE:

Do not trade in more than 30 at a time.... the computer caps off at 30 for the extra 10...[/quote]

Ah, so that's what happened yesterday. I was thinking WTF? :wall: All the games with a TIV less than $4 didn't get the bonus so I had them removed from the transaction. I almost returned them all to BB. Good thing I thought better of it and decided to try to trade them in at another GS (which of course worked fine).

I'm completely out of BB credit now. I need a good used sale at GS if I want to move some credit back. No clearance deals in my area. And all my BB stores have been declining trades due to excess stock so I don't want to risk picking up new games just to flip. I've specifically asked ahead of time if they would take the trade before opening some of them (outside in the car), just to be shot down once they start processing. :headache:

2nd post updated with new stuff. I need a GS trade-in for Flatout before I add that.

Here are the new ratio rankings:

$10 promo, all above 1.8:

Earth Defense Force
Meet The Robinsons
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
DDR Universe
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Arcade Unplugged
Bullet Witch
Fantastic 4
Golden Compass
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

$15 coupon, all aabove 1.8:

Earth Defense Force
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
DDR Universe
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Armored Core 4
Lord of the Rings BfME II
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Ninety-Nine Nights
Spiderman Friend or Foe
Juiced 2
Cabela's Alaska
Crash of the Titans
Enchanted Arms
Moto GP 07
Overlord
Star Trek Legacy
Test Drive Unlimited
Transformers

An observation:
If you are just using the regular promo, you definitely want to get the $9.99 (and $6.99) games and avoid the $14.99 ones (there isn't a single $14.99 game above 1.8 with the $10 promo). However, if you can use the $15 coupon a lot of the $14.99 ones become worth it. In general, though, I'd avoid the $14.99 games if you have a good selection.

[quote name='io']

Some interesting notes:
1) If you are just using the regular promo, you definitely want to get the $9.99 (and $6.99) games and avoid the $14.99 ones. However, if you can use the $15 coupon a lot of the $14.99 ones become worth it. In general, though, I'd avoid the $14.99 games if you have a good selection.[/quote]

Unless you are just trying to transfer credit and maybe gain a few bucks. I did 12 $14.99 games and 2 $9.99 games and made about $35 so nothing to be excited about but considering its credit at GS now instead of BBV I would think thats a good enough reason to keep using the $14.99 games.

I just wish there was a GS around me that would take that coupon and apply it to ALL of my trades not just one pair and only 1 coupon. Its not worth the extra effort for me to make another $30-50 OVERALL(would probably spend that in gas for all the different GSs lol.

Thanks again for all the work you put into this IO...your lists make this insanely foolproof.

...I lost.

$150 initial investment, 18 hours across the span of three days (IMO) wasted.

Countless employees, tons of coupons, a truckload of fairy tales and a stack of games traded in.

And finally... losing $75 GS credit only lucky enough to get it back in the same day by the same manager who by right was never supposed to in the first place.

...I still lost.

My final tally? Tch, $553.93 in Blockbuster credit but really now... who gives a fuck?

Because of my big mouth I'm almost 99.9% positive one of the BB employees bought my motherf*cking PS3 MGS4 80 Bundle. All because I wanted to cover my basis just in case an actual CUSTOMER bought it, but an employee!? Now that is something worth getting angry about in my humble opinion. I can't BELIEVE that slimy little amazonian she-giant probably snatched what I've been working my ass off tooth and nail for this week.

I'm completely discouraged right now. I'm sick and tired of ending up on the losing end of a battering ram dispite how effort and heart I put into every process. I dotted every 'i', crossed every 'x', brought my A+ game and STILL got owned.

What a shitty day. ;\

I guess there's nothing more left to do than call Buffalo, NY and continue the search since I'll be in town this weekend. Family matters and the like, but if they don't have any within the area then I'm stuck sitting on this credit until another one shows up.

Meh. At least I got out of the house and did something JUST FOR ME for a change. It was fun while it lasted I suppose and I managed to learned quite a staggering amount of life lessons along the way. Hilariously enough I had a better experience at every BB I went to today and flipped everything no questions or heavy interference to speak of.

...Dicks.

Thanks again to everyone whom helped along way especially IO and his dynamic lists. I guess I'll return for the next substantial flipping hunt with pure unbridled negro rage. If my competition thought I was a problem this time... oh how sadly mistaken they are indeed.

Oh, and the number one rule I've learned as a greenhorn flipper is to ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS. I wouldn't have gotten my $75 credit back had I took the loss and might have that bundle now if I asked the manager to let me spend a little credit on it to ensure it couldn't be bought by anyone else. >_>

Ah well. Another L for Ink. Good luck and happy flipping guys.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']*snip*[/quote]

Dont worry man BBVs will get in more PS3s and Im sure theres more in your area or will be by next week.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Unless you are just trying to transfer credit and maybe gain a few bucks. I did 12 $14.99 games and 2 $9.99 games and made about $35 so nothing to be excited about but considering its credit at GS now instead of BBV I would think thats a good enough reason to keep using the $14.99 games.
[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, that is true. The thing is, I did a ton of "slight gain" flipping a few weeks back when the GS $10 promo started. So now in order for it to be worth it (to me) I need to be making much more on it then before. Given the hassle of trading all this stuff in (especially if you are using the coupons) I am trying to be fairly selective and not just buying everything in sight - though I could make a lot more that way :lol:.

[quote name='jraypeon']Wow congrats to your sister.

I was wondering, any other good games from BBV that might have good ebay resell value?

So far from being a religious follower of the thread I have seen:
MGS: Twin Snakes and Pikmin 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :)

Those are the only two games I've come across during the last two B1G1s that have such high resale value. I recall from working for BBV a few years ago that most of the rental stock were Western games that wouldn't retain value well. Nearly all of the Japanese titles they got were of very mainstream series. So the only valuable games I'd expect to find are ones that were widely available but their value shot up (like those two games).

Mario Power Tennis and Zelda Twilight Princess GC both have good enough resale value ($27 and $30 right now, respectively on Amazon for the cheapest copy) to be good re-sells.

I think the BBV I worked for had a copy of that PS2 Konami Fire Fighter game for rent once upon a time, but that's probably a really rare find (and maybe not 14.99 or under)

[quote name='io']Well, yeah, that is true. The thing is, I did a ton of "slight gain" flipping a few weeks back when the GS $10 promo started. So now in order for it to be worth it (to me) I need to be making much more on it then before. Given the hassle of trading all this stuff in (especially if you are using the coupons) I am trying to be fairly selective and not just buying everything in sight - though I could make a lot more that way :lol:.[/quote]

Haha yeah. I just used a bunch of the $15 coupons BEFORE this B1G1 started so I dont want to be called on it and be hassled just to make an extra $5. Ill probably throw one in here and there but Im also limited to whats left from the last transfer. I used a LOT of the $9.99 games just to transfer earlier heh... I need to mosey out to a couple of BBVs further away that I havent pilaged.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Dont worry man BBVs will get in more PS3s and Im sure theres more in your area or will be by next week.[/quote]

Unfortunately my area is picked clean (even Cleveland doesn't have any) and none of the managers I talked to knew when they were getting more. Hell I know of two within the area that never even got their shipment to begin with. ;\

If I knew someone out of state I'd have them check for me then just mail my cards to them in exchange for it, but it seems as though I'm screwed either way for the time being. I'll have to work my e-social circle and see what I can come up with because it's not a particularly LIFE OR DEATH huge sort of a deal.

Nonetheless for all the hard work and close calls I've been through this week it's pretty hard not to feel entitled to that bundle. I can't believe it. Five minutes before they closed and it was gone. ...It had to be her. Ugh.

/Shrug

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']$150 to more than $500 in credit?

I think you won there buddy.[/quote]

Well... yes and no. The MGS4 bundle was the initial fuel that lit my fire. The reason I decided to start flipping in the first place. Now if I wanted a 360 + games instead then I would consider that a flawless victory, but the PS3 is a frickin' rent payment plus having seen the last bundle untouched with my own eyes for the past three days doesn't help.

Eh, I'll get over it.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Oh, and the number one rule I've learned as a greenhorn flipper is to ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS. I wouldn't have gotten my $75 credit back had I took the loss and might have that bundle now if I asked the manager to let me spend a little credit on it to ensure it couldn't be bought by anyone else. >_>
[/QUOTE]

I dunno, man. What I've learned is to shut my mouth and NOT ask questions or act like I know what's going on TOO much. That got me in trouble back with Beowulf. If you had asked to put some credit on it they might be asking you why won't you just buy it now? That leads to you having to explain that you want to buy it after building up credit and that is something you don't want them catching on to. (Edit - I lost track of what the missing $75 credit was but in that case you definitely want to speak up. I am very aggressive when they screw up promos and such - I just learned to be quiet about talking about other stores, what I'm buying, etc).

Anyway. I'm sitting on WAY more credit than you have but I don't see it as time wasted. Amongst other things, I'm waiting for some future version of the PS3 that doesn't even exist yet (hoping for a slim) :lol:. It won't kill you to sit on it for a few months - something will come along that you can spend it on.

I'd considered waiting to dump the BB games till the weekend when I had some free time, but it seems like I should just get rid of them ASAP so the values don't bomb out on me. I was going to borrow a friend's Edge card, but I figure for the $5 or so I'd actually gain, it's not really worth waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back