The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='JJSP']I'd considered waiting to dump the BB games till the weekend when I had some free time, but it seems like I should just get rid of them ASAP so the values don't bomb out on me. I was going to borrow a friend's Edge card, but I figure for the $5 or so I'd actually gain, it's not really worth waiting.[/quote]

Well with so many people trading in so many copies of the same games, it never hurts to lock in ASAP because you know Gamestop won't likely raise the TIVs. ;) That said, the most you'll likely see by this weekend are $1 drops (although the $3 drops to Conan and Juiced 2 hurt me today).

My local GSes have nothing but the rare Battle for the Pacific and Harry Potters. I'll have to check on the World Pokers tomorrow, but its going to be a bit of a climb back to having credit at BBV (I ran out - barely $10 or so left from the $3-400 I started with from my $40 worth of TRU games), but I did end up with a big stack of games for myself, a paid off FFIV DS at GameStop, two Wii Sports that I've already sold to recoup $50ish total, $330 in GameStop credit...and I've got two each of GH3 and HPatOotP to turn into $90 at BBV.

Tomorrow is my last final, so after that, all hell is breaking loose. Shit, I should go study.

I tried to get that Trade-2-Get-$15-Extra coupon, but the guy at GameStop didn't know what the hell I was talking about. He said I could try and get it when NCAA 09 is closer to its release date, but the game comes out next Tuesday! Is this only YMMV? :(

Felt like I took a big hit at BBV. I don't feel so good trying to convert credit to GS anymore...

aight.. some 360 TIVs for GS:
all listed as base values.

title(BB price): TIV@GS (after EDGE + $10)
Bullet Witch (14.99): 2.75 (8.03)
Monster Madness (14.99): 3.50 (8.85)
PotC (9.99): 3.00 (8.30)
Cabela's Alaskan (14.99): 6.00 (11.60)
Spiderman: FoF (12.99): 5.00 (10.50)
Spiderman 3 (9.99): 3.50 (8.85)
Lost Planet (14.99): 5.00 (10.50)
Stranglehold (14.99): 3.50 (8.85)
enchanted arms (14.99?): 5.00 (10.50)
all pro football 2k8 (9.99): 1.50 (6.65)
VT3 (9.99): 4.25 (9.67)
WWE 2007 (9.99): 2.75 (8.03)
Shrek 3rd (9.99): 5.00 (10.50)
MtR (6.99): 3.25 (8.57)

ack.. i need more BBs around me...

Spiderman 3 took a hit! I'm so glad I got rid of my last copy yesterday for $10.50 ;).

Today I walked into the local BB and they had barely any games left to flip. They had 4 games left. It flat out sucked. Someone also bought 2 of the games I put away in a corner of the rack... Of the 6 games I could have bought, I was down to 4.

I'll be checking out a fresh new Blockbuster tomorrow. Hopefully, they have some games to buy...

Also, I've traded in 5 Spiderman: FOF's to the same GS so far. The BB near me has 3 left, but I don't want to seem suspicious and go buy 3 more. Pretty much all of the employees have seen me buy the game so I think I'll leave them alone.

I also spent $53 in GS credit today... My friend convinced me to buy Ninja Gaiden II off him for $33 in GS credit(He played til chapter 2... he bought it new and sold it for $33 in GS credit towards UT3). I also bought my cousin a wireless Xbox controller for $20...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IcyFlame']aight.. some 360 TIVs for GS:

ack.. i need more BBs around me...[/QUOTE]

Looks like Spider-man 3 went down... those bastards!:twoguns:

Well I spent the day flipping, flipping and more flipping.

Nothing to really report that is different just happy that my GS has a ton of Battle of the Pacifics. When everything was said and done for the day I ended up with:

GS:
$255 GS Credit
GH: Aerosmith (Used)
Bourne Ultimatum (used)
Civilization Revolution NEW

BBV:
$45 BBV Credit
Pikimin 2 - Missing manual (this is my second one so this is up for trade/sale)
Hulk Ultimate Destruction (wanted the new Hulk game but this is better)

Needless to say it was a good day. My BBV still have a few games that I can flip back to GS which I will do later this week.

ack.. i need more BBs around me...[/quote]
Spidey, Virtua Tennis 3, Meet The Robinsons, and Bulletwitch dropped. fuck.

I need to get to Gamestop tonight. :(

When did you trade these? Because either you got screwed somehow or GS JUST changed a couple of their TIVs.

I just traded in Monster Madness and got $10.50 after bonus and edge and you have it listed at $8.85.

Also looks like Bullet Witch is down too? That doesnt match what IO has.

EDIT: My Monster Madness TIV is from about 6PM.

spideman 3 was still 4.99 for me before promo price just an hour ago

edit: and yeah some of the other games don't match up with yours that I did a couple of hours ago. TIV are the same as the op

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']...I lost.

$150 initial investment, 18 hours across the span of three days (IMO) wasted.

Countless employees, tons of coupons, a truckload of fairy tales and a stack of games traded in.

And finally... losing $75 GS credit only lucky enough to get it back in the same day by the same manager who by right was never supposed to in the first place.

...I still lost.

My final tally? Tch, $553.93 in Blockbuster credit but really now... who gives a fuck?

Because of my big mouth I'm almost 99.9% positive one of the BB employees bought my motherf*cking PS3 MGS4 80 Bundle. All because I wanted to cover my basis just in case an actual CUSTOMER bought it, but an employee!? Now that is something worth getting angry about in my humble opinion. I can't BELIEVE that slimy little amazonian she-giant probably snatched what I've been working my ass off tooth and nail for this week.

I'm completely discouraged right now. I'm sick and tired of ending up on the losing end of a battering ram dispite how effort and heart I put into every process. I dotted every 'i', crossed every 'x', brought my A+ game and STILL got owned.

What a shitty day. ;\

I guess there's nothing more left to do than call Buffalo, NY and continue the search since I'll be in town this weekend. Family matters and the like, but if they don't have any within the area then I'm stuck sitting on this credit until another one shows up.

Meh. At least I got out of the house and did something JUST FOR ME for a change. It was fun while it lasted I suppose and I managed to learned quite a staggering amount of life lessons along the way. Hilariously enough I had a better experience at every BB I went to today and flipped everything no questions or heavy interference to speak of.

...Dicks.

Thanks again to everyone whom helped along way especially IO and his dynamic lists. I guess I'll return for the next substantial flipping hunt with pure unbridled negro rage. If my competition thought I was a problem this time... oh how sadly mistaken they are indeed.

Oh, and the number one rule I've learned as a greenhorn flipper is to ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS. I wouldn't have gotten my $75 credit back had I took the loss and might have that bundle now if I asked the manager to let me spend a little credit on it to ensure it couldn't be bought by anyone else. >_>

Ah well. Another L for Ink. Good luck and happy flipping guys.[/QUOTE]

That is why I purchased a 80GB PS3 last week...so I can return it and use the additional BBV credit that I will be accumulating within the next 2 weeks. I think BBV has a 30 return policy on unopened systems but I am not sure.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']*rant*[/quote]

at first when you said you "wasted all this time and money," i was expecting you to have lost your gift cards or get caught and got all your credit taken away or something

but if you still have the credit, you still have something..although it sucks that the ps3 is gone...hopefully your BBV's will get more in stock

are you only looking for the MGS bundle? b/c my stores have a crapload of ps3 regular systems (with packaged games...don't remember which)

GS changed their TIV depend stock in hand of their stores. Appearantly they're getting too much of VT3 and Spiderman 3. I didn't know about it til this morning when i did my flips. I basically cleaned up all the good flippable at my BBVs all they have left is Sega Rally, VT3, Spiderman: FoF, WWE 07, stranglehold. oh and Mr_hockey66 you should have them scan the game as if you were going to buy them because the one of the cashier asked her mananger if she need to overide or scan any code and the manager said no it should be in the system and automatically come off when they hit total.

[quote name='IcyFlame']just got back from GS..
i m confused as well seeing how for some reason..
my TIVs seems lower.. yet it's constant around the 4 GS here...[/quote]

Where are you, because I seem to remember io saying the last deal that Gamestops in the Kansas City area have TIVs different than the rest of the country. The telltale sign is the odd .25 and .75 prices (the typical TIV for GS are whole dollars, although there are some exceptions).

I just did some trades a few hours ago, and I got $5 for Spiderman 3, $4 for Bulletwitch, $4 for Pirates of the Carib., etc., so I don't think it's time for the rest of us to panic just yet.

wait...so...bullet witch, pirates, spiderman 3, vt3, wwe, AND meet robinsons ALL DROPPED?

damn...only game that i used that still held is shrek

hope it's just youre stores and not nationwide lol

I'd be curious as to what time you traded as well...

I dumped Spider-man 3 and WWE07 at 6:15 EST for $5 and $4 base

I'm waiting for confirmation on all those drops before I change anything. We've been through this before. You wouldn't happen to be in the OKC or KC area, would you? We had someone reporting wacky GS trade-in prices from there before - most of them being of these strange $x.25/$x.75 variety . Usually GS trade-in prices do not change in 25 cent increments.

Edit - Hey h2dk, I was wondering if you were paying attention to any of this ;). How's the BBV selection down there?

I traded Monster Madness in at 7:02 eastern today and got 10.50 with edge and $10 bonus (traded with Golden compass for which I got 9.40)

Hey, even though I bought my games from one Blockbuster, can I return it to another? I want to know because I may try and get all my credit back. :)

[quote name='h2dk']I'd be curious as to what time you traded as well...

I dumped Spider-man 3 and WWE07 at 6:15 EST for $5 and $4 base[/QUOTE]

spidey 3 @ 07/08/08 20:12 CST
WWE07@07/08/08 19:21 CST

neither comes w/ any refurb service fees...
according to the receipts..
i'm getting 3.5 and 2.75 as of yesterday....

this is crazy..
esp. when everyone else is getting OP's prices...
yet here i m.. staring at my receipts...

[quote name='whatup5']i just called gamestop and they quoted the TIV for
Spiderman 3 - $5
VT3 - $6
SVR 07 - $4

thats a relief[/quote]

sweet jesus

[quote name='io']I'm waiting for confirmation on all those drops before I change anything. We've been through this before. You wouldn't happen to be in the OKC or KC area, would you? We had someone reporting wacky GS trade-in prices from there before - most of them being of these strange $x.25/$x.75 variety . Usually GS trade-in prices do not change in 25 cent increments.

Edit - Hey h2dk, I was wondering if you were paying attention to any of this ;). How's the BBV selection down there?[/QUOTE]

yes..
i m in OKC atm............

[quote name='IcyFlame']spidey 3 @ 07/08/08 20:12 CST

this is crazy..
yet here i m.. staring at my receipts...[/QUOTE]

Oh, it was yesterday... Well, I got many of the 2nd post prices myself late yesterday evening and it seems the are holding today as well. Just saw your confirmation of being in OKC. Yeah, for whatever reason they have different prices there. It is a strange thing.

Just traded in a few games that I got from BB to GS...

Game - BB(Blockbuster used game price) -> GS(Gamestop TIV + Bonus + Edge = Total)
---
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe - BB($12.99) -> GS(5 + 5 + .50 = $10.50)
Spider-Man 3 - BB($9.99) -> GS(5 + 5 + .50 = $10.50)
Golden Compass - BB($9.99) -> GS(4 + 5 + .40 = $9.40)
Bullet Witch - BB($9.99) -> GS(4 + 5 + .40 = $9.40)

And a couple of games that I've been holding onto to trade in...

Madden NFL 2008 - GS(5 + 5 + .50 = $10.50)
Crackdown - GS(3 + 5 + .3 = $8.30)

[quote name='IcyFlame']spidey 3 @ 07/08/08 20:12 CST

this is crazy..
yet here i m.. staring at my receipts...[/quote]

where do you live???

edit nvm..OKC FTL unfortunately for you :(

You just got screwed or were hit with refub fees because I just traded in Spiderman 3 half an hour ago and it still was $5 before bonus and edge.

[quote name='io']I dunno, man. What I've learned is to shut my mouth and NOT ask questions or act like I know what's going on TOO much. That got me in trouble back with Beowulf. If you had asked to put some credit on it they might be asking you why won't you just buy it now? That leads to you having to explain that you want to buy it after building up credit and that is something you don't want them catching on to. (Edit - I lost track of what the missing $75 credit was but in that case you definitely want to speak up. I am very aggressive when they screw up promos and such - I just learned to be quiet about talking about other stores, what I'm buying, etc).[/quote]

Eh, point taken. After today's events I have to maintain as low of a profile as possible. And yeah, the missing $75 was regarding promos ($15 bonus coupon) and the store usually willing to ring me up in separate transactions. Long story short the computer didn't total them in with Edge and after a return visit + lengthy wait time with the manager sorting everything out I finally got it back.

Obviously they'll never ring anyone else up in separate transactions there again, but I didn't have a choice in the matter when it came down to the credit. I couldn't get the games back. Plus the manager knew how much business I was giving them and how impressed I was with the customer service he let it slide this time. Eh, it couldn't be helped. The clerks allowed it for the days I was there WHILE he was working and he got a Force Unleashed preorder + store compliment out of it anyway for the trouble I caused.

Anyway. I'm sitting on WAY more credit than you have but I don't see it as time wasted. Amongst other things, I'm waiting for some future version of the PS3 that doesn't even exist yet (hoping for a slim) :lol:. It won't kill you to sit on it for a few months - something will come along that you can spend it on.

I know it won't kill me hence why I said I'd get over it. =\ And yes... you do have a surplus of credit compared to me and have been doing this for quite a while so it would be weird to expect you to view any time spent as time wasted. You know exactly how to maximize your profit and efforts effectively. Myself on the other hand who just got started entirely for the bundle sake, well... yeah. I've got a long way to go and a lot more to learn in general.

[quote name='swetooth9']at first when you said you "wasted all this time and money," i was expecting you to have lost your gift cards or get caught and got all your credit taken away or something

but if you still have the credit, you still have something..although it sucks that the ps3 is gone...hopefully your BBV's will get more in stock

are you only looking for the MGS bundle? b/c my stores have a crapload of ps3 regular systems (with packaged games...don't remember which)[/quote]

Well... my main concern was backward compatibility and I knew for a fact the 80 GIG bundle is currently the best bang for your buck so to speak. There's no sense in purchasing one if I can't have access to my entire PS2 library, right? Plus more storage, Metal Gear, dual shock? A must have purchase for sure, but I could live without a dual shock and MGS4 easily. I just don't want to waste this credit on a poor purchase.

Sorry for making sort of a scene in here btw. It wasn't my intentions at all. I just needed to vent for a bit and honestly didn't expect a response considering the length of the post. >_>

I can confirm all the crazy prices from the midwest area around OKC and KC. I'm getting the same values, I just hadn't mentioned it to avoid confusion. It's a PITA, but we just somehow have a different pricing scheme.

well i just got back from a gamestop where i found condemned 2 and viking both at 26.99 however they rang up with the new increased price. upon questioning why i was getting charged more than the tag some fat bitch (not to mention ignorant) said they cant keep up with the price changes (supposedly there is 900 daily), they cant do anything about prices, etc.

had she been a little more friendly, i wouldnt be on the phone with corporate customer service right now.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']I can confirm all the crazy prices from the midwest area around OKC and KC. I'm getting the same values, I just hadn't mentioned it to avoid confusion. It's a PITA, but we just somehow have a different pricing scheme.[/quote]

what sucks is that you guys don't have lower BBV/GR prices to compensate...oh well...a flip is a flip, you still gain credit in the end

[quote name='kearns710']well i just got back from a gamestop where i found condemned 2 and viking both at 26.99 however they rang up with the new increased price. upon questioning why i was getting charged more than the tag some fat bitch (not to mention ignorant) said they cant keep up with the price changes (supposedly there is 900 daily), they cant do anything about prices, etc.

had she been a little more friendly, i wouldnt be on the phone with corporate customer service right now.[/quote]

if prices aren't marked up, aren't they OBLIGATED to give you the lower price...is that an individual franchise policy or is it a nationwide BBB policy?

[quote name='swetooth9']if prices aren't marked up, aren't they OBLIGATED to give you the lower price...is that an individual franchise policy or is it a nationwide BBB policy?[/quote]

With a little finesse here or there he should have been able to speak to the manager who then should have sold them to him for the ticketed price. It sucks that he lost out. How the hell is it his fault they didn't price them correctly?

Today I got:

2 copies Dracula X PSP - $5
Psychonauts PS2 - $5
Platypus - $5 (this one was only $6.99 although it was marked $9.99...I would have got another $9.99 game if I'd know that).

They had plenty of decent last gen and PSP games...may go back for a few more.

[quote name='swetooth9']if prices aren't marked up, aren't they OBLIGATED to give you the lower price...is that an individual franchise policy or is it a nationwide BBB policy?[/quote]

i would assume its a nationwide policy...

update: just got off the phone, they gave me the district managers number who i will be calling tomorrow. On a side note, the customer service was very nice and the waiting music is quite enjoyable

[quote name='Rictor']Today I got:

2 copies Dracula X PSP - $5
Psychonauts PS2 - $5
Platypus - $5 (this one was only $6.99 although it was marked $9.99...I would have got another $9.99 game if I'd know that).

They had plenty of decent last gen and PSP games...may go back for a few more.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I think I saw Platypus marked $19.99 at one store and was hoping I could get it using the promo. One thing we are kind of overlooking in all this flipping discussion is getting a good current price list for regular stuff like this that we may want to keep. I saw almost no PSP games marked $14.99 or under but probably a lot of them actually are.

In completely unrelated news, that Guitar Hero III bundle I bought at GS yesterday with just a bit of my converted credit is a big hit in my house. Both my older son (8) and daughter (11), both of whom have been playing games less and less recently (especially my daughter who is the reason I got back into gaming - got her a Gamecube back in 2003) have been fighting over playing it ever since I got it home last night. I may have to go get a second guitar now :lol:.

My store manually adjusted Condemned 2 down for me when I pointed it out, as $26.99 was on the price tag. They had no problem using coupon and EDGE on it still.
Most stores should adjust the sale price for you when you point it out. Same type of thing happens to me occasionally at the grocery store and stuff, and is never a problem.

In my state (Michigan) there is actually a law about stickered price versus scanned price. Basicly, if an item scans for more than the sticker price, and you complete the sale for that amount, you are then entitled to a refund of Ten times the difference in price, up to a maximum of $5.00 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked Up:
Platypus(PSP) $6.99
MTR(360) FREE
Armored Core 4(360) $14.99
Saints Row FREE
Bullet Witch $9.99
PSU Free

I also saw Mercury Meltdown PSP for $6.99, might pick that up. ATV Offroad Fury Pro(PSP) is marked at $19.99. Anyone know if that used price dropped? would like to pick it up. Going to trade in those 360 games tomorrow...hope there is a 25% off PS3 games coupon next week...

Decent games available "for keepsies" that I've seen include primarily PS2 titles, such as:

Rogue Galaxy $15 (Well, I never opened my K-Mart clearance one, so for the couple of bucks on clearance this cost me, I figured I might as well keep it...)
Valkyrie Profile $9.99 (Haven't seen a complete copy, but I might bite the bullet on one)
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1 $9.99 (Grabbed two, mint and complete)
God of War 2 $14.99 (I keep finding ones with the damn bonus disc missing)
Yakuza $6.99 - replaced my disc-in-a-BB-case from the last BBV BOGO for half the credit as before.

PSP:
Harvest Moon Boy & Girl $14.99 (grabbed two, one for me and one for the gf, or Goozex if she doesn't want to bother since she has the DS version)
Patapon $14.99 (Pata pata pata...dammit)
PaRappa The Rappa $9.99 (I got it at TRU for $8, but its unopened, so I might grab one of these as filler if the time and place are right...)

DS:
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow $14.99 (Mmm, this was mint/complete)

GC: (all $14.99)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Whatever Baseball
Pokemon Channel ($9.99)
Star Fox Assault ($9.99)

[quote name='io']D'oh! I think I saw Platypus marked $19.99 at one store and was hoping I could get it using the promo. One thing we are kind of overlooking in all this flipping discussion is getting a good current price list for regular stuff like this that we may want to keep. I saw almost no PSP games marked $14.99 or under but probably a lot of them actually are.[/quote]

I've only seen a few marked over actually. There were a couple that were 19.99 like Manhunt 2, and one that was 24.99 which I think was Valkyrie Profile.

Did a bit more flipping today. Started with $310 in Gamestop credit, ended up with $240 in Gamstop credit and $11 in BBV plus the following:

Juiced 2
Command & Conquer 3
Battlestations Midway

PSP
After Burner
Full Auto 2
Harvest Moon
Loco Roco
Madden 08
Patapon

6 DVDs because I made the mistake of taking the wife in.

Plus $40 in trades to make to GS tomorrow and a GHIII sans barcode I was unable to unload at 2 of the BBVs I tried. I'll probably return that for $20 at GS tomorrow. So after trade-ins and returns tomorrow I'll be even again and have gotten 9 free games and 6 DVDs today. Probably start off tomorrow picking up a History Channel Battle for the Pacific and a Viking that were at my local GS and heading out from there. There are 6 PSP games that will run me ~$32 at one BBV, and after that I think I'll just be building up credit.

[quote name='kearns710']i would assume its a nationwide policy...

update: just got off the phone, they gave me the district managers number who i will be calling tomorrow. On a side note, the customer service was very nice and the waiting music is quite enjoyable[/quote]

good to know something about GS is enjoyable :lol:

[quote name='io']D'oh! I think I saw Platypus marked $19.99 at one store and was hoping I could get it using the promo. One thing we are kind of overlooking in all this flipping discussion is getting a good current price list for regular stuff like this that we may want to keep. I saw almost no PSP games marked $14.99 or under but probably a lot of them actually are.
[/quote]

wait, we're supposed to be FLIPPING Conan, Golden Compass, Jumper, Meet the Robinsons, and Shrek????? wtf, i've been playing this flipping game all wrong! I thought those were for our personal collection! ;)

[quote name='io']In completely unrelated news, that Guitar Hero III bundle I bought at GS yesterday with just a bit of my converted credit is a big hit in my house. Both my older son (8) and daughter (11), both of whom have been playing games less and less recently (especially my daughter who is the reason I got back into gaming - got her a Gamecube back in 2003) have been fighting over playing it ever since I got it home last night. I may have to go get a second guitar now :lol:.[/quote]

greatest. dad. ever.

[quote name='io']D'oh! I think I saw Platypus marked $19.99 at one store and was hoping I could get it using the promo. One thing we are kind of overlooking in all this flipping discussion is getting a good current price list for regular stuff like this that we may want to keep. I saw almost no PSP games marked $14.99 or under but probably a lot of them actually are.

In completely unrelated news, that Guitar Hero III bundle I bought at GS yesterday with just a bit of my converted credit is a big hit in my house. Both my older son (8) and daughter (11), both of whom have been playing games less and less recently (especially my daughter who is the reason I got back into gaming - got her a Gamecube back in 2003) have been fighting over playing it ever since I got it home last night. I may have to go get a second guitar now :lol:.[/quote]

my hero and future inspiration for fathering my own kids :whistle2:D

Oh damn, I almost forgot! 3 for $20 on DVDs @ BB is applying to HD's if your store happens to still have them.

I grabbed 3 of the 6 at the only store I noticed them at yesterday since I was low on credit, but I'll probably get the rest shortly.

Hey, can anyone answer my question I had? If I buy games at one store but want to return them, can I go to a different Blockbuster? Thanks!

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Decent games available "for keepsies" that I've seen include primarily PS2 titles, such as:

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1 $9.99 (Grabbed two, mint and complete)[/quote]

I hope you saved your receipt because you could have bought both Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting collections for $10 at TRU.

[quote name='Karuto']Hey, can anyone answer my question I had? If I buy games at one store but want to return them, can I go to a different Blockbuster? Thanks![/quote]

So long as you have your receipt exchanges and returns are possible at any Blockbuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back