The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

VF 5 was $14.99, scanned at $16.99 and got price adjusted to be the free game on a pair.

And, as seen in the photo, MVC2 was stickered and rang up $14.99. Apparently, one of the employees traded it in just a few days prior.

[quote name='JJSP']Generally harder to move credit from BB to GS as Gamestop is notorious for having low trade prices. The B1G1 sale is the best option when combined with the $10 bonus at Gamestop because you're moving credit at roughly 2:1 (ex. I spent $53.xx and got $108.xx). It's rare that the B1G1 and $10 bonus promos run simultaneously, so anyone looking to move credit from BB to Gamestop is best advised to do it while this is going on.

The "Trade 2, Get $10" promo ends 7/20. The B1G1 will likely be over by then - best to load up as best you can this weekend if you're looking to move credit.

It's always easier to move credit from Gamestop to BB. Better to have a surplus there than at Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

ok, for sure. I'll definitely try and get some BB credit tomorrow via ps3 coupon (if it comes) and just get some b1g1 games w/ at least 2-3 tiv. I'll leave about 30-40 at BB and hopefully end up with over 100 at GS. I do have the luxory of having a BB withing 1/2 a mile from a GS, but the BB with better games is further away. Do you think its better to go to a further BB to get 9.99 games or just get whatever, since the BB closest to GS only had 1-2 9.99 games left, but quite a few 14.99 games.

[quote name='JJSP']

The "Trade 2, Get $10" promo ends 7/20. The B1G1 will likely be over by then - best to load up as best you can this weekend if you're looking to move credit.
[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised no one here asked a manager to look in the MAP (or Warner or one of the BB employees didn't report this). I was at one store where they were thrilled I was cleaning out their old game stock and the guy told me to come back next week because they will have more... I thought that was strange - but the point was he looked it up in the MAP and said the B1G1 runs till July 21st! Wow, what perfect timing with the GS promo - maybe BB was monitoring this thread ;).

Anyway, I pretty much just got home. I'll have a lot more to say later. Now I'm worried I have a GS junior detective on my case...

[quote name='io']I'm surprised no one here asked a manager to look in the MAP (or Warner or one of the BB employees didn't report this). I was at one store where they were thrilled I was cleaning out their old game stock and the guy told me to come back next week because they will have more... I thought that was strange - but the point was he looked it up in the MAP and said the B1G1 runs till July 21st! Wow, what perfect timing with the GS promo - maybe BB was monitoring this thread ;).

Anyway, I pretty much just got home. I'll have a lot more to say later. Now I'm worried I have a GS junior detective on my case...[/QUOTE]

thats good news, since the manager at my BB (she wasn't game savvy at all by the way) and she said it ends monday. But I'll take your word for it over her's for sure.

Thats my fear when doing this flipping, which i dont see why it can be stopped by GS and BB, but I've only gotten roughly $100 credit and I'm looking over my shoulder.

Can BBV tell when you started your trading membership? I dont want to send up any red flags if I bring in a small stack of games and they can tell that I opened it yesterday >_>

[quote name='Link927']Can BBV tell when you started your trading membership? I dont want to send up any red flags if I bring in a small stack of games and they can tell that I opened it yesterday >_>[/QUOTE]

me as well, I opened the account today so the new BB I went to had to call up my original BB since I wasn't in the system yet (and she asked for my trades). I'll stick to trading at my original one, only 1 copy of a game though.

When dumping from BB -> GS, has anyone had luck on going back the next day on using the same coupon, on the same cashier for extra $15 for 2 next gen games?

Sure there are lots more GS compared to BB, but I've been trying to take note in order to avoid anal ones when it comes to refurbishing fees. I havn't tried this yet just asking since they'll probably recognize me.

well for the most part if they know you then they might let it slide (thats the case with me, at least 5 gamestop cashiers know me cause i go all the time lol)

[quote name='DarkRider23']
They'll eventually be added to the 2nd post in the thread, but for now I'll do it... I just passed the 100 post mark for this thread alone..[/QUOTE]

I removed the 360 games from the second post (now that the coupon is no good). I won't post the OS3 ones until we actually have the coupon - and I'm going to let you compose the list. Either keep posting them here or send it to me in a PM later, if you don't mind.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']thats good news, since the manager at my BB (she wasn't game savvy at all by the way) and she said it ends monday. But I'll take your word for it over her's for sure.
[/QUOTE]

Well, it isn't my word that you are taking, but what a BB manager told me. He could have been wrong, but he looked in the MAP and read out "July 21st" to me, so that seems pretty specific.

I'm sorting through a pile of receipts now... :lol:

[quote name='whatup5']they are. I think they are the same as 360 on TIV[/quote]

PS3 prices are usually a buck or two better than 360.

i thought i was done with this this amazing coincidence of promos, but if this ps3 coupon comes i don't think i'll be able to stay way. im at 65 cents bb credit at the moment, so i left a handful of $14.99 games at all the bbs i went to. i may just have to snatch them up once i flip some ps3 games to bbv.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']

So after you guys do this flipping thing, do you lay low for a bit or what? I'm not going back to that BB, they are pricks, although they had a lot of good TIV b1g1 games left.

So are most of you "professional" flippers done for now? Just wait until the next sale, b2g1 perhaps?

[/quote]

The professional flipper does not rest. He/She lies in wait for the next moment of vulnerability in TIVs. Such is the way of the Kunai.

[quote name='edavis0780']The professional flipper does not rest. He/She lies in wait for the next moment of vulnerability in TIVs. Such is the way of the Kunai.[/quote]

HAHAHA....

If you play the game correctly, you shouldn't have to lay low.

"Correctly" is the key word.

Lately I've seen too many people that are trying hard to get banned. Flipping too many copies at one time; whether it be in one visit or over a couple of days AT THE SAME LOCATION.

Its not that hard for those who are not KUNAI. JUST DONT BE GREEDY!

Curious if anyone else has come across this, and if not, to look out for it.

The Blockbuster Video nearest to me has the B1G1 $14.99 and under, BUT they have ammended the signs, in black marker, with " * Excludes PS3, Xbox360, and Wii Games* "

This particular location is rather "quick with the marker". Nearly every one of their sale signs have had asterisks markings on them saying that something is excluded.
I have to go and check some of the other locations that aren't as close to me.

I hit up a BBV I don't normally go to and it was another bonanza. Even though they had prominent signage for the deal, it didn't look like anything was touched. This was the store where the manager told me the deal went to the 21st. He also said to check back on Wednesday because they get new shipments in Mon or Tues. What is weird about that is did he imply they get used games sent to them for sale? I thought their only source for games was trade-ins and rental conversions? I know my local store once sent off a bunch of games to another store, but this one didn't seem like it would be one to receive them... Anyway... I bought 18 games here and left MANY more good ones alone. I tried to pick the higher ratio ones of course. But they told me something strange. This was before the manager came out but they insisted it was Blockbuster's rules that you could only buy 2 copies of any game per day. Wow - that's a new one. I think I have seen that before on some of their deals, but I never imagined it would be enforced (nor was it posted this time). But the 2 clerks were pretty sure about that. I had wanted 3 Virtua Tennis 3's (they had about 5). No big deal, as I had plenty of other stuff to get. Also, they had the games in a completely different room ("upstairs" according to him). So needless to say it all took a while especially as I had to send him back about 3 times as some of the discs were bad. At this time the manager was out and he was very pleased with my purchase and that's when he told me I should come back next week ;).

Anyway, combined with 4 games I got at my local store on the way up there, I got 22 games for $127 and turned those in to $270 across 3 Gamestops. I was able to use the $15 coupon a total of 7 times for all the pairs that it would apply to. I had no problems at the first 2 stores and at the second, where the guy said "Sweet!" when he read the coupon and let me use 3 of them, I really wish I had dropped a preorder or two. Maybe I'll go back and see if he's there next time and do that. At the third store, though, things started to get dicey. The guy asked me where I got it (I said someone emailed it to me). He accepted 2 of them, but I noticed he wrote my Edge card number across both of them and on the 25% off 360 coupon I used. This could be the beginning of some Jr. Detective work or just something they do at this store. Needless to say I will avoid this one in the future.

I also picked up the only other Fatal Inertia in the entire area, along with HP OotP and HC:BftP. I combined those with my last FF:RoSS at the next Blockbuster at got a nice $93 for those. I really had a lot of hope for this store as it is one of the better ones for new game stock. But it was really disappointing - they had very little for the B1G1 sale. I ended up with 6 games. I was hoping to do 2 $15 transactions and 1 regular with the 6 games at a new GS I had never been to before - but my luck had run out. I finally had a GS employee pull out the real NCAA $15 promo card and say they couldn't take copies. I just did the $4 and under games with the intent of keeping the 2 sets of $5+ ones for another store.

I probably just should have done them there as well, but I really hate leaving any potential credit on the table ;). But then I hit some bizarre traffic on the way home (at 9:30 PM) and had to get off the freeway. This led me to a BB I hadn't planned on visiting. It was another HUGE bonanza though - I got another 12 games there and left many more. At this store I had something happen that I've never seen - the guy actually promoted their trade-in program to me! I was astounded! He asked if I had a lot of games and informed me I could trade them in for credit. Like a dumb ass I told him I already did that (and mentioned my local store to boot). I forgot my own rule. But it was no big deal as I actually didn't have any games to trade anyway. I like to keep a few of the stores in between ones I trade at "pure" and won't open a trade account there unless absolutely necessary.

Anyway, so I'm sitting on 16 games that I need to trade tomorrow. I may try to go to the one GS nearest to me. I probably will have to do several without the $15 coupon (maybe I'll try 2 again). I'll just have to deal with it I guess. It would be a mistake, I think, to hold on to the games until the weekend or later - I'll probably lose out nearly as much on trade-in value.

To summarize :)lol:):
[highlight]Down $4 cash[/highlight] (one copy of FF:RoSS)
[highlight]Down $122 at Blockbuster
Up $245 at Gamestop[/highlight] (traded 24 games across 4 stores and NO refurb fees!)
[highlight]16 games still to trade in[/highlight] (will get $180 with regular $10, or $210 if I can use 6 $15 coupons somehow for all the ones that qualify)
(and lest you think that ratio is too high given all the games in the 2nd post don't forget I bought 3 games from GS and traded them to BB, thus softening the blow to my BB credit).

Pretty good day. Besides not being able to use the coupon at that last store, the only disappointment was the poor selection of last-gen and DS/PSP stuff at the 3 BB's I went to. I saw almost no GC or DS/PSP stuff in particular (lots of crappy PS2 stuff though).

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Lol typical GS employee 360 fanboy. Every one I go into has at least one who thinks the 360 is the greatest thing in the world.

MGS4 will NEVER be on the xbox360. If you have played the game you would realize that. Not only would it take probably 10 DVDs for it to be on the 360 but they would have to edit out a LOT of scenes that were thrown into the game that MAKE FUN OF the 360. Plus all the Apple stuff that Im sure M$ wouldnt like very much.

MGS4 coming to the 360 is pure pipedream from 360 fanboys who are jealous.[/quote]

1. Most of the scenes are in real-time and would not actually take up very much disc space
2. The textures are good, but not anything that would blow the pants off of Gears of War of Call of Duty 4
3. There were surprisingly few audio conversations throughout the game, and an overload of unused soundtracks
4. Overuse of HD video (nanomachine ads in the beginning of the game and the egg cooking)

7 discs? Come on, be serious now. I'm almost a hundred percent sure that most of the disc space was allocated for the HD video and tons of uncompressed (and unused) audio. Real-time graphics often do not hog disc space unless high resolution textures are employed (both in detail and variation). MGS4 could easily fit on two dual-layered DVDs. I'd even go so far as to say that the game would load faster (PS3 Blu-Ray read time vs. XBOX 360 read time). Even with the HDD install, the game had to load everytime you entered a new room (WTF!?).

Don't get me wrong though. I enjoyed the game, and firmly believe that it helped the PS3 a great deal, but I question some of Kojima's decisions. I think he tried to stick with the tried and true for most of the game. There wasn't anything on the same level as the "Psycho Mantis" boss fight and other "wow" moments peppered throughout the series. The B&B were weak replacements for Cobra Unit and FOXHOUND (talk about copy and paste bosses) and the showdown with Liquid Ocelot was anticlimactic to say the least.

Financially speaking, Konami NEEDS to reach a wider fan base, and the only two options are PC and Xbox 360.

[quote name='JJSP']Taking to EB today...

Everything I bought the other day (minus a Beautiful Katamari that I've learned to love), and I've added XBLA Unplugged, LOTR:BFME, and BioShock from my own collection. If anyone happens to know what BioShock gets, that'd be much appreciated. Might also dump off a copy of Zelda: TP (GC) that I picked up on a random clearance for $10 at a liquidator here. It's still sealed, but I've no use for it - if anyone's interested, let me know.[/quote]

Where'd you pick up that BK? I thought I cleaned out most of Fullerton. ;)
It's a great pick up though, and definitely a keeper for only $10 (which I paid) and a downright dirty steal at $5.

[quote name='stoned99']FV[/quote]

Cool cool. I see you're down near the beach then, right? I'm mostly around upper county.

If you are in the San Diego area and were trying to trade in Condemned 2 and Harry Potter today and were accused of stealing those games and trying to trade in... I apologize for my fellow store's incompetence. PM me and I'll get you set-up. judgeTurpin can vouch for me if necessary.

io... I COMPLETELY forgot to look in the MAP for the end date. I was busy interviewing people and trying to undo all the damage that was done to my store by a manager in training :bomb:. The 21st sounds right though, so I would go with that until further notice.

I lucked out today. Went to an out of the way BBV to try to find some trade fodder. While I was there I found a Condemned 2 and Viking priced at 14.99 used. I'll be damned if I didn't grab those and play dumb when they rang up for 49.99 each. ;) So I got them for $15 total. Problem is I can't trade them back to BBV since I've traded one of each to pretty much every store that I can. Oh well... I'll just trade em in to GS (they get $11 each= $22 + 10% + $15).

[quote name='Warner1281']
io... I COMPLETELY forgot to look in the MAP for the end date. I was busy interviewing people and trying to undo all the damage that was done to my store by a manager in training :bomb:. The 21st sounds right though, so I would go with that until further notice.

I lucked out today. Went to an out of the way BBV to try to find some trade fodder. While I was there I found a Condemned 2 and Viking priced at 14.99 used. I'll be damned if I didn't grab those and play dumb when they rang up for 49.99 each. ;) So I got them for $15 total. Problem is I can't trade them back to BBV since I've traded one of each to pretty much every store that I can. Oh well... I'll just trade em in to GS (they get $11 each= $22 + 10% + $15).[/QUOTE]

When you get a chance if you could confirm the 21st that would be great. For now I'll put it in the thread title but I don't want everyone wanting to kill me if it stops this Monday (though it isn't like a trade-in deal where you'd be stuck with anything).

As for the rest, I'm amazed they even let you trade in games as an employee - or at least that frequently ;).

Oh, I saw some new qualifying games today. Unfortunately my memory is not what it used to be and I didn't have a pen with me to jot them down but I do remember Call of Juarez was $14.99. There was at least one more though...

Otherwise, though, the prices all stayed the same for everything I traded so there's really no need for an update to the lists today - hooray!

I did one last round on the xbox 25% off coupon yesterday. I took 22 games to GS to trade including multiples of some titles. Before bonus i was quoted $94 which by 22 means 110 in bonus money so i was stoked even though i spent $120 at BBV to aquire that stash. After a minute the bonus shows up and the guy said i had a total of $184! Im like wtf, he said sign the agreement and a receipt will print out. Im like i should be up in the $200 range in trades. I guess the guy charged me for $4 in refurb fees on 3 games (first time ive seen this) and i made mistake of trading 2 madden 07 and 1 prey which i didn't know that those traded for $1 and no bonus. I got confused on the madden as it's GS>BB but i thought the other way.

The guy is overall cool as he let me use EDGE when i traded there yesterday before i even had EDGE and he also let me use multiple coupons, although they really can't stop it since all you need to do is ask for seperate transactions OR after 1st sale, walk out of store and walk back in. I didn't understand how he was flying through the discs as he was checking them and not disclosing which ones were getting hit with fee. I wouldve taken them out of trade so i feel this is deceitful and will complain to corporate on this. Also knowing madden and prey didn't trade, Btw $3 of 4 refurb fees were on these 2 games, I definately wouldve taken them out of trade.

After 5 hours of work in 2 days i took $40 out of pocket and now have the following

$360 GS Credit
$20 BB Credit
3 HD-DVD movies
1 Oblivion CE *USED*
1 Wall*E plush doll

I have traded dry my 2 local blockbusters so i have to move away from these 2 if the PS3 coupon shows up.

[quote name='frankcastle']how are you guys getting 19.xx for rock band ps3. it is 39.99 used minus coupon and edge makes it 26. where is the extra coming from?[/quote]

Its $29.99 used.

BTW, Good find on PES 08. I wish we could get an employee to print out a list of all the PS3 TIV's, I bet there are some other great flips lurking out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io'] This was before the manager came out but they insisted it was Blockbuster's rules that you could only buy 2 copies of any game per day. Wow - that's a new one. I think I have seen that before on some of their deals, but I never imagined it would be enforced (nor was it posted this time).[/quote]

That came up for me a few weeks ago when I attempted to clean out the :360: Spider-Man 3/Spider-Man: Friend or Foe games at two BBs. Then it happened at a GR on Tuesday, the manager let me buy 3 of each title. When I stopped by the next day, pretty much everything I left behind was gone. Some other CAG got there. ;) Good thing I grabbed 42 games during that first run. Ratio wasn't awesome, but it was easy.

I was very happy to have all that credit at GS today. I was able to score a :ps3: MGS bundle. :bouncy:

[quote name='Bezerker']Its $29.99 used.

BTW, Good find on PES 08. I wish we could get an employee to print out a list of all the PS3 TIV's, I bet there are some other great flips lurking out there.[/quote]

has that been confirmed? its 39.99 on thier website

edit: nvm i must have been looking at the wrong thing. it is 29.99 on web

Last edited by a moderator:
My total as of now...
GS: 350+ish
GS Bonus: Soul Calibur II

BBV: 100+ish
BBV Bonus: (from 5 different stores)
1: Sonic Rider + Resident Evil 4
2: Mario Kart: Double Dash + Mario Tennis
3: Mario Golf + Pokemon XD
4: Mario Sunshine + TMNT
5: Avalanche 1080 + Wario World

Regarding the "you can only buy 2 per day".

I saw some "official" B1G1 signage and it did have some limitations on it, but they were so flexible that it really didn't matter. I'll try to remember to get back to that BB and copy down what it said.

If I remember correctly it was something to the effect of 2 per day and 5 per month. And there was a limitation in the total number of BB games that could be bought as part of this... but it was something like 90.

[quote name='king007']has anyone received the gs coupon for the week yet?[/quote]

I haven't and I have to leave for my internship in a little over an hour, pleeeaaaasssseee ps3 coupon :) I wanna pick up orange box

That would be nice for a PS3 coupon for some flipping and maybe even a purchase. Although, most of my BB stores are not out of anything decent for $14.99 or less.

OHHHHH BOY!

time to do some flippage. what are some high-value PS3 games i could score off of the GS coupon to trade in at BB, like we had with the 360 coupon? that would be soooo helpful :D

I'll be nice and post it again

Name GS price BB TIV
F1 - 16.25 - 23
Orange Box - 17.55 - 23
Rock Band - 19.50 - 33
EOJ - 17.55 - 36
Warhawk - 19.50 - 26(i think, not sure)
Pro Evo Soccer 08 - 17.55 - 30
Nascar 08 - 16.25 - 16
RSV 2 - 22.75 - 33
Medal of Honor: Airborne - 17.55 - 16
Time Crisis 4 - 19.50 - 30
Conflict Denied Ops - 22.75 - 23

you missed:

History channel battle for the pacific

[quote name='doubledown']I'll be nice and post it again

Name GS price BB TIV
F1 - 16.25 - 23
Orange Box - 17.55 - 23
Rock Band - 19.50 - 33
EOJ - 17.55 - 36
Warhawk - 19.50 - 26(i think, not sure)
Pro Evo Soccer 08 - 17.55 - 30
Nascar 08 - 16.25 - 16
RSV 2 - 22.75 - 33
Medal of Honor: Airborne - 17.55 - 16
Time Crisis 4 - 19.50 - 30
Conflict Denied Ops - 22.75 - 23[/quote]

Hit up another BB... they had basically nothing. But after sifting through every game they had, I managed to find another Golden Compass, as well as a Jade Empire LE for keeps. I still have yet to play through Stranglehold and The Darkness which I picked up from a couple days ago, but with those and the rest of the games I got I should be down about $60 cash, and up $120 GS credit. First time I really got into this whole flipping business, so I don't think I did too badly at all.

[quote name='ashesrocsktar']whats EOJ stand for...sorry for the newb question guys...just cant miss another 20 dollar profit[/QUOTE]

Eye of Judgement

[quote name='io']

As for the rest, I'm amazed they even let you trade in games as an employee - or at least that frequently ;).[/quote]

With the exception of my store, I don't trade at stores that know I'm an employee :whistle2:$

Here are abunch more bb trade in values for the ps3:

oblivion $13
fantastic 4 rise $13
enchanted arms $9
dark kingdom $13
juiced 2 $9
assassins creed $16
ninja gaiden sigma $20
moh airbourne $16
ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 $16
splinter cell double agent $16
fear $16