The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='Spruchy']I got 8 copies of octo, my BB guy said u can only trade 2 of the same game in......might go back later when he isn't working or go to a further one.[/quote]

brilliant :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

just keep encouraging the idiots....

[quote name='Spruchy']I got 8 copies of octo, my BB guy said u can only trade 2 of the same game in......might go back later when he isn't working or go to a further one.[/quote]

The flipping gods will punish this one.

This is just absurd...does CAG have an ignore list? This is the same person complaining about BBVs lack of selection..yet attempts to trade in 8 of the same game at a time? You sir...fail.

Edit, I am also gonna go in tomorrow to get one of my octomanias back b1g1 :) Possibly to trade at a different BBV

seems Juiced 2 still has a base value of $6, and Sega Rally Evo $5, I got about 27.XX with the bonus $15 coupon today

[quote name='emg28']:roll:.[/quote]

I'm out of town visiting my family, so I guess someone probably has been doing it that bad. As for me, I've never traded anything in before to BB so this is all kinda new to me.

Yeah, the BB/GR I went to today actually have eight copies of Octomania on the shelves. Two were from me, and when I first started trading they had none... so I guess there are some leecher CAGs in my area that I don't know about.

TIV (BB -> GS)

GC- Legend of Zelda: Four Swords: $9.99 -> $6.00

[quote name='dys006']I called my local Gamerush this morning. He said he could only look up two for me, because he was working by himself. I got three. :)

:ps3: Kane & Lynch - $30
:ps3: Sega Superstar Tennis - $23
:ps3: Blacksite Area 51 - $30

So it looks like none of these dropped today.[/quote]

so lynch and blacksite is still holding...

LOL @ double standards in this thread.

Whatever keep acting like you have a moral high ground or you're some kind of game flipping genius, I guarantee all 6 of my copies will be gone tomorrow.

[quote name='Spruchy']I got 8 copies of octo, my BB guy said u can only trade 2 of the same game in......might go back later when he isn't working or go to a further one.[/QUOTE]

How come a new douchebag comes out of the woodwork in the thread every week?

[quote name='Spruchy']LOL @ double standards in this thread.

Whatever keep acting like you have a moral high ground or you're some kind of game flipping genius, I guarantee all 6 of my copies will be gone tomorrow.[/quote]

We're not acting like we're on moral high ground, but if you truly carried 8 copies of a single game expecting to be able to trade them, you sir are a moron. Further more if you return to same Blockbuster with more copies of the same game you stand a very high chance of being "noticed", which is what we in general do not like to have happen. While what we are doing is not illegal, it is best to fly under the radar as much as possible on the local level. Try not to ruin it for everyone in your area by acting the way you are. Yes many of us have traded multiple copies of games, but the majority of us take the time to make sure we go unnoticed in the grand scheme of things.

[quote name='DaDeuce']We're not acting like we're on moral high ground, but if you truly carried 8 copies of a single game expecting to be able to trade them, you sir are a moron. Further more if you return to same Blockbuster with more copies of the same game you stand a very high chance of being "noticed", which is what we in general do not like to have happen. While what we are doing is not illegal, it is best to fly under the radar as much as possible on the local level. Try not to ruin it for everyone in your area by acting the way you are. Yes many of us have traded multiple copies of games, but the majority of us take the time to make sure we go unnoticed in the grand scheme of things.[/quote]

Then try explaining what to do and what not to do instead of saying read the massive 200 page thread. I'm not out here trying to ruin this for everyone but you have to see the flaw in expecting everyone to know how to be a professional game flipper. And yeah sure maybe bringing 8 games up at once isn't the best way to to do it but without knowing all the intricacies this is impossible to label as common sense. I'm gonna hit up different blockbusters tonight hopefully trading 2-3 at each one...hopefully that flys with the game flipping community.

[quote name='Spruchy']I guarantee all 6 of my copies will be gone tomorrow.[/quote]

I can guarantee your a dumbass, trade them to different BBVs. The good thing about blockbuster is that they are everywhere. Simple as that, otherwise you are risking a ban (which does happen if you read back in this thread).

Nobody in here can be considered the moral police, but most of us are smart enough to know how to perpetuate a good thing rather then blow one big load and get banned like Halo3Champ.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I can guarantee your a dumbass, trade them to different BBVs. The good thing about blockbuster is that they are everywhere. Simple as that, otherwise you are risking a ban (which does happen if you read back in this thread).

Nobody in here can be considered the moral police, but most of us are smart enough to know how to perpetuate a good thing rather then blow one big load and get banned like Halo3Champ.[/quote]

Ugh just let him do it and get banned. Numerous people have said it over and over... just let him get banned.

DaDeuce is pretty much dead on - no one here is claiming to be on a 'moral high ground' - hell, we're essentially ripping off these companies blind (although legally.) I think the point is, if you're not going to at least try and abide by the unwritten CAG rules (i.e DONT trade 8 copies of a game to a single store, drawing attention to yourself unnecessarily, etc)

I mean, I was joking a little before but this community is somewhat similar to Fight Club. And we all know what you don't do when you're in FC. Just don't be a douchebag, have some common sense, and don't go making stupid decisions that could ruin it for the collective cult here that has done so much to help you prosper. Don't turn your back on the people who did the work for you, that's fucking lame.

Ah, meant to confirm the Kane and Lynch BB TIV at $30, btw.

Also, it was really cool because I decided to reap the benefits of my flipping for once by buying Bioshock at Blockbuster... when I opened the box before leaving, I saw that it didn't have a manual, but was in otherwise pristine condition. I asked the guy if I could trade it for one with a manual, or at least get a manual from one of the other games, and he said that any time I needed a manual and one wasn't packed in, I should just ask and he'll fork it over. I never knew this to be Blockbuster's policy (effectively ensuring a manual with used games), but I definitely felt good walking out that door. Not only that, but it looked like the manual had never even been touched. Like, without fingerprints that you can see from the oils in the skin and stuff.

[quote name='Spruchy']Then try explaining what to do and what not to do instead of saying read the massive 200 page thread. I'm not out here trying to ruin this for everyone but you have to see the flaw in expecting everyone to know how to be a professional game flipper. And yeah sure maybe bringing 8 games up at once isn't the best way to to do it but without knowing all the intricacies this is impossible to label as common sense. I'm gonna hit up different blockbusters tonight hopefully trading 2-3 at each one...hopefully that flys with the game flipping community.[/quote]

Have fun trying to get rid of those Octomanias. I'm fairly certain you bought them new (either from Best Buy or GS) and I'm also fairly certain that you've probably already opened them (broke the seal on gutted GS copies/or removed the cellophane wrapping) so a return is probably out of the question. Add the fact that Blockbuster is now selling them for less than they give TIV and now you're stuck with 6 copies of Octomania.

Sure, you might be correct that nobody directly informed you that trading in 8 copies of one game at one store might be a bad idea, but that's what common sense is usually for. You're extremely lucky they didn't call the police because you definitely made yourself look like a theif.

[quote name='jonac13']Ah, meant to confirm the Kane and Lynch BB TIV at $30, btw.

Also, it was really cool because I decided to reap the benefits of my flipping for once by buying Bioshock at Blockbuster... when I opened the box before leaving, I saw that it didn't have a manual, but was in otherwise pristine condition. I asked the guy if I could trade it for one with a manual, or at least get a manual from one of the other games, and he said that any time I needed a manual and one wasn't packed in, I should just ask and he'll fork it over. I never knew this to be Blockbuster's policy (effectively ensuring a manual with used games), but I definitely felt good walking out that door. Not only that, but it looked like the manual had never even been touched. Like, without fingerprints that you can see from the oils in the skin and stuff.[/QUOTE]

yeah, they also will have the game covers if you ask for them. I bought a few game I actually wanted to keep, and asked if they had any other complete copies and the manager went to a folder and went through it and pulled out the ones I wanted.

My 2 cents...

The common sense refers to the contract you sign when you activate a BBV trading account.

When you set up a trading account with Blockbuster, you sign a contract that basically states at most you're only allowed to trade two copies of the same game title. In some cases people who have traded two copies in one transaction that have been banned so many flippers have refrained from trading more then one copy per BBV. Go to google, search for BBV/GS and make a route that you can hit when you to flip.

[quote name='jonac13']Ah, meant to confirm the Kane and Lynch BB TIV at $30, btw.

Also, it was really cool because I decided to reap the benefits of my flipping for once by buying Bioshock at Blockbuster... when I opened the box before leaving, I saw that it didn't have a manual, but was in otherwise pristine condition. I asked the guy if I could trade it for one with a manual, or at least get a manual from one of the other games, and he said that any time I needed a manual and one wasn't packed in, I should just ask and he'll fork it over. I never knew this to be Blockbuster's policy (effectively ensuring a manual with used games), but I definitely felt good walking out that door. Not only that, but it looked like the manual had never even been touched. Like, without fingerprints that you can see from the oils in the skin and stuff.[/quote]

Its not really a policy, but most employee realize there is no point in having display cases with manuals.

Yeah, the blockbusters sometimes have tons of stuff from games (assuming they didn't throw it out already). So if you ever want something just ask, and they will usually accommodate.

:bomb:[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I can guarantee your a dumbass, trade them to different BBVs. The good thing about blockbuster is that they are everywhere. Simple as that, otherwise you are risking a ban (which does happen if you read back in this thread).

Nobody in here can be considered the moral police, but most of us are smart enough to know how to perpetuate a good thing rather then blow one big load and get banned like Halo3Champ.[/quote]

I do remember warning Halo3Champ that he should slow down but he kunai overdoosed lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ets']My 2 cents...
When you set up a trading account with Blockbuster, you sign a contract that basically states at most you're only allowed to trade two copies of the same game title. In some cases people who have traded two copies in one transaction that have been banned so many flippers have refrained from trading more then one copy per BBV. Go to google, search for BBV/GS and make a route that you can hit when you to flip.[/quote]

Good points on both, I actually did the google trick when I started flipping and found out about a few BB's that were around or close to my normal stomping grounds and never knew they were there.

Edit:

Has anyone else seen the signs in Gamestop for the 10/20/30 bonus that hang from the ceiling? I'm talking about the 3 sided ones. there was one up in one of the stores I visited the other night that had the current deals for bonus $20 for a system, the 10/20/30 deal, and it also had the Bonus $10 for 2 Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3 game trades on it. Does anyone know if it is actually still active? I asked the kid working and he said he never know what deals are active and only finds out about a lot of deal when they ring up.

[quote name='DaDeuce']

Edit:

Has anyone else seen the signs in Gamestop for the 10/20/30 bonus that hang from the ceiling? I'm talking about the 3 sided ones. there was one up in one of the stores I visited the other night that had the current deals for bonus $20 for a system, the 10/20/30 deal, and it also had the Bonus $10 for 2 Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3 game trades on it. Does anyone know if it is actually still active? I asked the kid working and he said he never know what deals are active and only finds out about a lot of deal when they ring up.[/QUOTE]

I believe it isnt active anymore, they're probably just too lazy to take off the signs. You might be able to get them to manually adjust if you point out the sign, but YMMV on that.

TIV today (sun) at BBV
fatal inertia: $28.50
blacksite (ps3): $30
SST (ps3): $23

Wow.

It's pretty amazing how many of you idiotic leechers can't possibly bother yourselves to actually spend a reasonable amount of time reading as much of the thread as you have to in order to not compromise yourselves or the rest of us in the process. Because, well... it's not like any of the regulars or contributors actually did the same. :roll:

God forbid you lurking legion of Grade F douche nozzles not brave through potential flames and looking stupid first by asking enough questions in order to gain, learn, and most importantly earn valuable information so that you might one day return the favor.

...And instead of a damn apology you guys have enough nerve left to bite the hand feeding you free of charge because it isn't moving fast enough or bringing you breakfast in bed at your righteous beck and call?

How f*cking ignorant and lazy is that? =|

wow, got 4 games at BB today, none work. Return tomorrow and pick up that jedi outcast II i left behind.

also saw 2 copies of orange box 360 with new stickers on top, marked $19.99. So that and bioshock are pretty cheap if you want them in exchange for a $10 octomania.

[quote name='Link927']I believe it isnt active anymore, they're probably just too lazy to take off the signs. You might be able to get them to manually adjust if you point out the sign, but YMMV on that.[/quote]

Yeah thats what I think, but I thought it was weird because it was on there with 2 active deals, and I don;t remember acttualy seeing it (the sign) when that deal was active.

[quote name='DaDeuce']Yeah thats what I think, but I thought it was weird because it was on there with 2 active deals, and I don;t remember acttualy seeing it (the sign) when that deal was active.[/QUOTE]

same thing at my local gs, but they took down the whole triangle sign and never put it back up after I asked if it was still going on. pretty lazy if you ask me. I told another GS what happened and he said they never got a triangle sign, just a flat one. I dunno, seems to me like GS employees are really lazy.

also, one of those games that wont work I got is Mario golf which I had been looking for.

[quote name='Spruchy']Got rid of the last six, thanks for putting the ass in CAG guys.[/quote]

Maybe it's because I'm incredibly new, but the idea is CHEAP ass gamer, not SELFISH...there's a difference. For instance, I was in a GS today with 5 copies of Octomania; I took two. Why didn't I take all 5? There may have been some other CAGs in the area. If these guys really wanted, they'd not even post anything and just get a very small group together and leave the rest of us out in the cold, but they don't.

Oh, and I'm new at this too, but I know that trading so many copies of something makes it look bad. One, people may think you stole it, and two, they'll know something is up with that game, ruining it for any CAGs in your area. I've also probably read 1/100th of this entire thread, and know all I need, and if I need to find out something specific, the Search this Thread button is a magical tool.

[quote name='Spruchy']Got rid of the last six, thanks for putting the ass in CAG guys.[/quote]

Hey, thanks for putting that extra 21 in your 21st chromosome!

I found out how to ignore this guy. Click on his name and select the ignore option. I wish we made it just a little harder for trolls to get access to these good deals.

So if BB's sell price is lower than their TIV, do they still accept the trade? If no one replies, I will respond in a few hours.

It depends on the employee, most of them find it funny that they pay more than they sell it for. Others will get all Jr Detective and say that they cant accept the trade pending investigation, fingerprint dusting, and a full cavity search.

So has anyone been rejected yet? Well, I think I'll go out a little later ot get rid of my last copy, maybe check out the shops while Im at it.

returned 2 of the defective games to BBV, and got jedi outcast II and capcom vs SNK 2eo (xbox). Figured it wasn't worth anything but it looked interesting. Also on my receipt it says my total is $16.xx. I think the guy returned my 2 games for $15 each and then sold me 2 $15 games b1g1, so I got $15 credit. If anyone wants the capcom vs snk 2 eo (xbox) I'd be willing to sell it quite cheap, maybe for GS credit. I only got it because it was complete/prefect disc and looked cool to me. I may keep it to see what its about.

Is this on my value card or on my account or what?

I've personally never had a problem trading at BB/GR but I'm not even close to what I would call a "flipper". I recently bought a PS3 and started getting back into CAG'n. The last big flip I did was when GTA:SA came out for the Xbox and I bought two games and got a 2x double return pretty much getting the game for next to nothing. Recently I've traded three games (two octos and one other game) and plan on trading in two more octo's and I'm working on building up some credit for the winter rush. Also did a few nice trades to get Assassins Creed for free. Small time flipper here. :)

No problems at all trading but I keep it low key and small time. The two GR's I frequent mostly have employees who don't really give a crap about what I'm doing other then I have problems getting TIV's over the phone.

I am directing all of my will power into a single thought...YOUR DOOOOOM!
All joking aside you are an assh*le. You clearly don't care about the community in any sort of way but you continue to post here regardless. All you do is gloat or call other people jerks. Like the good lord says you should GTFO.
Managed to get 160 GS credit this weekend and I still have twenty left at bb. Nice haul for me. Can't wait for the next flipping week. I'm guessing you're going to close this thread on Aug. 5 eh io?

I was able to trade my last octomania for $23 today. But I'm definitely done flipping for a while, unless something else crazy comes up. However while trading, ran into one GS store refused to take any xbox or gamecube games...so that was a bit depressing. Anyway only a few left to trade to GS and we're all good. Hope things went well for everyone else.

And one more value (breaks even):
Evil Dead Regeneration (PS2) $7 -> 3.50

[quote name='wingedvictory']I was able to trade my last octomania for $23 today. But I'm definitely done flipping for a while, unless something else crazy comes up. However while trading, ran into one GS store refused to take any xbox or gamecube games...so that was a bit depressing. Anyway only a few left to trade to GS and we're all good. Hope things went well for everyone else.

And one more value (breaks even):
Evil Dead Regeneration (PS2) $7 -> 3.50[/quote]

A lot of people said they were done after Fantastic Four (including myself) its better not to deny the addiction and let the flipping continue :cool:

just did a few trades to BBV.
Octomania $23
Black Site Area 51 PS3 $30
DBZ Budokai 3 WIi $26
Fatal Inertia Xbox 360 $28.50

Trades to GS after 40% bonus
Star wars Battlefront 2 Xbox $11.20
Star Fox Assault GC $9.80
Manhunt PS2 $8.40
Spider Man FOF PS2 $8.40
Destroy all humans 2 Xbox $8.40
Zoo Cube GC $0.35 (messed up on this one though it was rare.)

Lastly. I noticed that Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii is $34.99 Used and $39.99 New at the BBV i went to. Anyone else know about this price drop? If this is true. trade in credit for SSBB at GS is 30+40% would be $42 so around $7 profit

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']A lot of people said they were done after Fantastic Four (including myself) its better not to deny the addiction and let the flipping continue :cool:[/quote]

This is true (assuming you weren't banned or got Jr. Detected).

If it weren't for the fact I haven't been in a position to spend my hard earned credit (aside from buying Bioshock which temporarily quelled my disappointment) I would probably be out now flipping for GS preorders instead of sitting here wishing BBV would get one of their three back ordered MGS4 bundles and start selling 60 GB 360s.

Lately I've been dancing around the insane thought of calling corporate and pulling any string I can find to speed up the process. I'm scared of my chances of buying a bundle next month with the new 80 GB so close to coming out. The last thing I want to see is my credit expiring before I get a chance to spend it on something I actually want. Hell if it weren't for this thread I would have had no clue it expired at all. ;\

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']This is true (assuming you weren't banned or got Jr. Detected).

If it weren't for the fact I haven't been in a position to spend my hard earned credit (aside from buying Bioshock which temporarily quelled my disappointment) I would probably be out now flipping for GS preorders instead of sitting here wishing BBV would get one of their three back ordered MGS4 bundles and start selling 60 GB 360s.

Lately I've been dancing around the insane thought of calling corporate and pulling any string I can find to speed up the process. I'm scared of my chances of buying a bundle next month with the new 80 GB so close to coming out. The last thing I want to see is my credit expiring before I get a chance to spend it on something I actually want. Hell if it weren't for this thread I would have had no clue it expired at all. ;\[/QUOTE]

Just restarting getting BB credit again I checked a few of the threads do you know how long it takes for credit to expire?

I have about $260 in BBV credit, Looking to get an 80 gig PS3. My question is has anyone seen any 80 gig PS3 at BBV? or should I take advantage of the GS deal?

[quote name='vanlandw']Just restarting getting BB credit again I checked a few of the threads do you know how long it takes for credit to expire?[/quote]

I found the post I was talking about although...

[quote name='TURBO']Does GameStop credit expire after an amount of time?

I read the BlockBuster trade in agreement & asked about it & they said their credit expires in 180 days.

How long does GameStop credit last (on an EDGE card)? Does it expire too?

anyone?[/quote]

...he/she never specified whether or not in the agreement the rule included value cards or strictly applied to store credit only. I assume both. Can anyone else confirm?

1) Ignore the trolls... they'll take care of themselves and then we can laugh at them for not reading.

2) As stated previously, the used price of Octomania dropped to $14.99 so expect the trade in price to drop to $6-8 on Tuesday. Feel free to buy back the copies you traded in as part of the B1G1 that ends tomorrow at midnight.

3) In trying to figure out trade in price changes... I don't know what to tell you. My guess is what happened last week/two weeks ago was something out of the ordinary that hopefully won't be happening with any real frequency. As far as I can tell, none of the TIV's dropped today.

4) Re: expiring credit. If the credit is on your account, I believe it expires after 6 months of inactivity on that account. So if you go in and rent a movie, or buy a stick of gum, or do anything on your account, you'll reset the 6 month counter. If the credit is on a giftcard/value card, it depends on where you are located. If you're in CA, the card doesn't expire. It's good til you lose the card. If you're anywhere outside of CA, I believe you have either 12 or 24 months to use it, then they start taking out a certain amount ($2.50?) every month until the value drops to $0.

5) TIV: PS3- Rockband = $30

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back