The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='vgmben']man.... here we go again....this isn't a cash out forum.... Most people do it so they can have better deals on games and systems. Not to resell or trick BB into giving them cash.... and in fact that is the worse thing you can do to BB. For one you are not spending that cash at BB. If you want money get a freaking job[/quote]

This coming from someone who wouldnt share info and kept to it himself?
For your information, if there were any BB with GR or if they sold any systems, I would definitely use my credits for them or buy games with then. However, there are none around here unless I make a two hour drive. Stand alone BB has the crappiest games for sale. All the new games don't interest me, besides Rock Band and I may use some of my credits for that.

Tempted to pick up a used copy of Indigo Prophecy today. It's one of those games that I've heard a lot about, but never got around to playing. Is it worth my $7? :)

[quote name='Halo3Champ']This forum is all about getting rich/credits quick....DUH[/quote]Since joining CAG, one thing that I'm definitely not is rich.

[quote name='JJSP']Tempted to pick up a used copy of Indigo Prophecy today. It's one of those games that I've heard a lot about, but never got around to playing. Is it worth my $7? :)[/quote]I got it for the PC shortly after it came out and can highly recommend it. Great game.

[quote name='Metrock']Assassin's Creed gets $36.75 as of Feb 24[/quote]

note that is likely with Tax. not all of us get tax. speaking of which, anyone in SoCal know stores that give tax back?

This thread seems so dead when no flips are available... That's probably why everyone is picking on vgmben.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']note that is likely with Tax. not all of us get tax. speaking of which, anyone in SoCal know stores that give tax back?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, I would think it varies by state. >_>

[quote name='nlyonssmith']note that is likely with Tax. not all of us get tax. speaking of which, anyone in SoCal know stores that give tax back?[/quote]

Yeah 35 without tax.

anyone know of a current good deal to turn GR credit into GS/EB credit? my local EB has a copy of marvel vs capcom 2 for xbox that i wanna pick up but all my credit is currently at Gamerush

[quote name='FuelDigga']anyone know of a current good deal to turn GR credit into GS/EB credit? my local EB has a copy of marvel vs capcom 2 for xbox that i wanna pick up but all my credit is currently at Gamerush[/quote]

Sure buy something at gamerush, sell it on ebay and then take that money to gamestop!

Just a heads up on people who pre-order Smash Brothers...One of the workers told me they will stay open an extra 15 minutes after midnight on Saturday to sell Brawl...

[quote name='rcaido']Just a heads up on people who pre-order Smash Brothers...One of the workers told me they will stay open an extra 15 minutes after midnight on Saturday to sell Brawl...[/QUOTE]

I would imagine this is highly YMMV. I seriously doubt my local (non-GR) store will do that. They aren't even open till midnight normally, even on Saturday (they used to be but like my GR before it closed, they cut back on hours). I'll have to check in there again to see if they will even have it for me on Sunday (or at all). I'm probably the only person who's preordered it there.

This is blockbuster non GR...Friday & Saturdays they close at midnight...Most days they close 2300...Im pretty surprise they are doing this...Then again this is the first time my BB did pre-orders on games...It was all over the store pre-order Smash Bros $5...Maybe this is a future trend...

I wonder if they will get a good amount of MLB 08 THE SHOW in....I didn't pre-order, debating on using GameRush credit or Best Buy RZ/GC.

Hrmmm... I'm debating whether or not I should trade in Assassin's Creed and Bioshock. I havn't played either of them since I've bought them, but I love them so much that I don't want to see them go.

I think I should just trade them in so I can pick up army of two or vegas.

[quote name='creeeaature']Hrmmm... I'm debating whether or not I should trade in Assassin's Creed and Bioshock. I havn't played either of them since I've bought them, but I love them so much that I don't want to see them go.

I think I should just trade them in so I can pick up army of two or vegas.[/quote]

2 of the best 360 games out... I don't think I would trade them in until I play them.

[quote name='InvaderZim']2 of the best 360 games out... I don't think I would trade them in until I play them.[/QUOTE]
BioShock won't get you much - they dropped the used price to $39.99, so you might get $20 out of it. Probably not worth it - if you're looking to get rid of it, you could probably do better here or eBay.

[quote name='JJSP']BioShock won't get you much - they dropped the used price to $39.99, so you might get $20 out of it. Probably not worth it - if you're looking to get rid of it, you could probably do better here or eBay.[/QUOTE]

Actually its only $34.99 for Bioshock unless they raised the used price recently.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Actually its only $34.99 for Bioshock unless they raised the used price recently.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the used price of bioshock is indeed $34.99.

Two Worlds (x360) trade-in value holding steady at $32.

[quote name='grecianfox']I can confirm that the used price of bioshock is indeed $34.99.

Two Worlds (x360) trade-in value holding steady at $32.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I stand corrected. I knew the used price came down from $44.99, but I wasn't sure if it dropped $5 or $10.

My flipping moneymaker is still good, traded in a bunch of those walmart wii 2 packs (Now 10$ on clearance), for a nice 22$ per pack profit. There was only a few left in a big clearance hopper in the electronics department.

Glad I already have rockband and GH 3, but as far as sharing info I'm glad I saved a lot of CAG'ers a couple of trips on false information on a bad flip.:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='DrNo888']This coming from someone who wouldnt share info and kept to it himself?
For your information, if there were any BB with GR or if they sold any systems, I would definitely use my credits for them or buy games with then. However, there are none around here unless I make a two hour drive. Stand alone BB has the crappiest games for sale. All the new games don't interest me, besides Rock Band and I may use some of my credits for that.[/quote]

Does Blockbuster accept games without cases? I just recieved a bunch of disk only games from my local mom and pop gamestore for free!! some as new as pro-street!! what about UMD's without the case?

360 Virtua Tennis 3 : $15
360 World Series of Poker 2008: $22
PS3 Folklore: $36
PS3 Stranglehold CE: $30

PS3 Warhawk from bundle, no go. Need to print new insert :)

Damnit, CDcovers.cc's warhawk cover is the not for resale version. Has anyone found the other one? OR, will BB accept it with no cover art?

Damnit moving has been killing my kunai time. I still have 8 copies of Motorstorm I need to get rid of, and I still haven't hit up the GR by Alemany.

Dropped my last copies of Pimp My Ride and Forza today. Not sure why everyone hated PMR, but it complimented my trades nicely.

I hope something flippable shows up soon, I just found something I want.

[quote name='gorgo']360 Virtua Tennis 3 : $15
360 World Series of Poker 2008: $22
PS3 Folklore: $36
PS3 Stranglehold CE: $30

PS3 Warhawk from bundle, no go. Need to print new insert :)[/QUOTE]

Did they say how much they would give for Warhawk?

[quote name='Sinnbox']Does Blockbuster accept games without cases? I just recieved a bunch of disk only games from my local mom and pop gamestore for free!! some as new as pro-street!! what about UMD's without the case?[/quote]

Yeah at my store we accept them without the cover art or the case even.

[quote name='stoned99']My flipping moneymaker is still good, traded in a bunch of those walmart wii 2 packs (Now 10$ on clearance), for a nice 22$ per pack profit. There was only a few left in a big clearance hopper in the electronics department.[/quote]

Man, you're lucky with those! My WM still has them for $20. $12 profit is still a decent flip, but you really made out like a bandit!

[quote name='djkunai']Damnit moving has been killing my kunai time. I still have 8 copies of Motorstorm I need to get rid of, and I still haven't hit up the GR by Alemany.[/quote]

Haha, yeah! I made the sig! :D

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Man, you're lucky with those! My WM still has them for $20. $12 profit is still a decent flip, but you really made out like a bandit!

Haha, yeah! I made the sig! :D[/quote]

My Walmart never drops the price of games!! Wave Race Blue storm is still in teh case for $50...

[quote name='jkircos']Did they say how much they would give for Warhawk?[/QUOTE]

No, they didn't, but I expect it's at least $20.

And BTW, I'd taken all of these to RapeStop first, and they offered less than 1/2 what Gamerush offered for each title. Just FYI.

[quote name='Sinnbox']My Walmart never drops the price of games!! Wave Race Blue storm is still in teh case for $50...[/QUOTE]

Better yet, I was just at my local store and they had the Platinum Hits version of Bloodwake for $49.97!

[quote name='CaptPete']Better yet, I was just at my local store and they had the Platinum Hits version of Bloodwake for $49.97![/quote]How about Kakuto Chojin for 50 and all of the Sony 2004 sports games 40 each! Come on, Shawn Green is on the cover of MLB 2004! The Bouncer was 40, too, wasn't that a PS2 launch game? This was two months ago when I went back home to visit family. Yes, they live in 2004.

Back to the matter at hand, I traded in the following tonight:

360 Over G Fighters 25
360 XBLA Unplugged 6
360 Chromehounds 8
360 Pimp My Ride 15
360 Kameo 8
PS2 Jaws Unleashed 16

I pmed PMR from 50 to 3 with the CC ad last week. Found 3 more at the Best Buy by my house that I never got to check out. $9 to $45 woulda been nice. Oh well, I think I've got enough for my 60GB PS3 now though. . .

[quote name='jdawgg76']How about Kakuto Chojin for 50 and all of the Sony 2004 sports games 40 each! Come on, Shawn Green is on the cover of MLB 2004! The Bouncer was 40, too, wasn't that a PS2 launch game? This was two months ago when I went back home to visit family. Yes, they live in 2004.

360 Over G Fighters 25
360 XBLA Unplugged 6
360 Chromehounds 8
360 Pimp My Ride 15
360 Kameo 8
PS2 Jaws Unleashed 16

I pmed PMR from 50 to 3 with the CC ad last week. Found 3 more at the Best Buy by my house that I never got to check out. $9 to $45 woulda been nice. Oh well, I think I've got enough for my 60GB PS3 now though. . .[/quote]

NICE!! ya my walmart has Kakuto Chojin for $50 to, they didn't even put it on the shelf untill right before christmas, it must have been in the back for a while or something.

But ya....I just called my local Blockbuster and they said that they will take my disk only games, they said that they wll give me.
Need for speed pro street(PS2) $12
Smackdown vs. Raw 2007(PS2) $2.5

[quote name='jdawgg76']How about Kakuto Chojin for 50 and all of the Sony 2004 sports games 40 each! Come on, Shawn Green is on the cover of MLB 2004! The Bouncer was 40, too, wasn't that a PS2 launch game? This was two months ago when I went back home to visit family. Yes, they live in 2004.

360 Over G Fighters 25
360 XBLA Unplugged 6
360 Chromehounds 8
360 Pimp My Ride 15
360 Kameo 8
PS2 Jaws Unleashed 16

I pmed PMR from 50 to 3 with the CC ad last week. Found 3 more at the Best Buy by my house that I never got to check out. $9 to $45 woulda been nice. Oh well, I think I've got enough for my 60GB PS3 now though. . .[/QUOTE]

Hope you find one! Woodstock was the closest GR that had one when I was looking for one.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Hope you find one! Woodstock was the closest GR that had one when I was looking for one.[/quote]Hopefully, the one that I found with two not far away still has one. If not, I'll have to find one closer than Woodstock! I already know I'm getting Resistance for my Bday tomorrow (this is a Bday present as well) so hopefully I'll be start playing at 10:30 and up until I go to work. I'll have to rent a BluRay as well. BTW, the Gamerush near me rents both HD DVD and BluRay. I thought they ONLY rented BluRay. Or was it that they only sold BluRay? Could swear the guy at the register told me they sold HD DVD, too, though.

I think that most dont rent/sell HD, but they had the option to if they felt the local region wanted HD

Sorry everyone is there a list of all the games that give amazing trade values as of today because I realize that it really is time for me to start in on this. Sorry for being lazy everyone.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']Sorry everyone is there a list of all the games that give amazing trade values as of today because I realize that it really is time for me to start in on this. Sorry for being lazy everyone.[/quote]

yes all the new games will give you the highest trade values which are around $33

[quote name='asthmatic']yes all the new games will give you the highest trade values which are around $33[/quote]

People in my town are crazy, I see people trading in practily brand new games at the mom and pop gamestores for $12 tops...then drive to Blockbuster and rent a movie, They have no idea that BB does trading.

[quote name='Sinnbox']People in my town are crazy, I see people trading in practily brand new games at the mom and pop gamestores for $12 tops...then drive to Blockbuster and rent a movie, They have no idea that BB does trading.[/QUOTE]

That's blockbuster's fault though. They have the potential to steal a lot of EB's marketshare. In fact, I think EB is just a really crappy game retailer in general. People just go there out of convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back