The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='sp00ge']Was this confirmed today? Today was drop day.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this was confirmed today. I actually had called to see if it had dropped for sale to use some credit I had. It hadn't and he told me that it traded for more than the EB price -- $28.50.

F1 Championship Racing PS3 - $26 x 2
MLB 07 The Show PS3 - $20
NBA 07 PS3 - $20

Also pre-ordered Mario Kart Wii and GTA IV and paid off all but $1 for each game. They will be getting them in on release day and WILL be staying open past midnight for release of these 2 games.

My two local stores still have no idea when they'll get any Dualshock 3's in. Neither of them even knew what I was talking about, one of them practically got in an argument with me.... saying his PS3 controller he's had for a while rumbles. I tried to explain, but he wasn't getting it.

Oh, and F.E.A.R. (PS3) gets $26. (pretty sure that's what they said, don't hold me to that though - call to double check if you want to trade it - $15 at TargeT)

[quote name='runpuddrun']Also pre-ordered Mario Kart Wii and GTA IV and paid off all but $1 for each game. They will be getting them in on release day and WILL be staying open past midnight for release of these 2 games.[/QUOTE]

Aren't they actually coming out on the same day - 4/29?

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Overlord is $19.99 new at EB/GS. $18 after coupon. or $17.99 used and $16.19 after EDGE. Trades in for $28.50...makes for a nice flip..[/quote]

you would be correct but that would be before tax.

The best way to execute this flip would be to do the 10% coupon + EDGE on overlord. So for me...

$17.99 price
-10% Coupon
-10% EDGE
$14.392 before tax
+6% tax rate
$15.255 -> $15.26 after tax

everyone would adjust accordingly for their own personal tax rate but nonetheless a great flip.

[quote name='mkernan']GTAIV - 4/29
Mario Kart - 4/27[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you're right. I keep forgetting that Nintendo first party releases usually do come out on Sundays.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']you would be correct but that would be before tax.

The best way to execute this flip would be to do the 10% coupon + EDGE on overlord. So for me...

$17.99 price
-10% Coupon
-10% EDGE
$14.392 before tax
+6% tax rate
$15.255 -> $15.26 after tax

everyone would adjust accordingly for their own personal tax rate but nonetheless a great flip.[/quote]

There's a new one for the books. Pretty good flip.

[quote name='mkernan']GTAIV - 4/29
Mario Kart - 4/27[/quote]
what he said...

On a side note, the manager of the store was extremely excited that I was pre-ordering those 2 games, they were badgering me every time I went in there. they tried to get me to plunk down $90 for the SE of GTA, but I think that SE's of all games are completely idiotic and useless.

They (BB/GR) will be getting more flips and business from me if the trend of releasing new games on time continues.

Put in my preorder for Mario Kart. Unfortunately I'm gonna be $1.65 short when I go to pick it up, so now I'm tempted to trade in something that will obviously be far more than $1.65 just so I don't have to pay cash.

Any idea if Hour Of Victory (360) is still getting $25? I've got a copy in my car I need to get rid of after work if it does. :)

[quote name='botticus']Put in my preorder for Mario Kart. Unfortunately I'm gonna be $1.65 short when I go to pick it up, so now I'm tempted to trade in something that will obviously be far more than $1.65 just so I don't have to pay cash.[/quote]
and I thought I was cheap :lol:

[quote name='botticus']Put in my preorder for Mario Kart. Unfortunately I'm gonna be $1.65 short when I go to pick it up, so now I'm tempted to trade in something that will obviously be far more than $1.65 just so I don't have to pay cash.[/QUOTE]

You know, I often push being a cheap-ass to the edge but this is a bit much even for me ;). Unless you are wanting to build up credit for other reasons I'd just pay the $1.65 to be free of the hassle of Blockbuster trade-ins and flipping headaches!

Having said that I'm considering picking up an Overlord at Gamestop if I make a trip out tonight (primarily to Best Buy for penny guides but I might as well multitask).

[quote name='botticus']Put in my preorder for Mario Kart. Unfortunately I'm gonna be $1.65 short when I go to pick it up, so now I'm tempted to trade in something that will obviously be far more than $1.65 just so I don't have to pay cash.[/quote]

I feel ya. I went and bought a copy of Folklore at Target for $25 (w/$5 off coupon) to trade when I picked up my SSBB preorder, just so I would get more credit for my cash, even tho it was only an $11 profit.

[quote name='blair2100']Anyone know the trade in for NFL on Tour for the 360 or PS3 it's the amazon DOTD.[/quote]

15$

Not worth it.

*edit* Folklore....Target has em for 14.9x right now, but most stores are sold out, and last i saw they trade for 35-36.

Has anyone been able to confirm the extra wheel with the mario kart preorder? Im about to go and try tomorrow so I can update then. :)

[quote name='Forsaken']How much is Folklore trading in for now? And where can I buy it for cheap? ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']*edit* Folklore....Target has em for 14.9x right now, but most stores are sold out, and last i saw they trade for 35-36.[/QUOTE]

$33, but could have dropped today. Quoted by djkunai like 3-4 pages back.

Yeah I had checked my local Target a couple weeks ago and they were sold out. I will check with another Target tomorrow. If I can get for $30 (minus the 5 dollar coupon) and it trades for 33, I will be happy.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Has anyone been able to confirm the extra wheel with the mario kart preorder? Im about to go and try tomorrow so I can update then. :)[/quote]

It's just the wheel that comes with the game- I asked.

$28.50 for History Channel: Battle for the Pacific (360)

This seems like the game to get cheap to trade in if you can find it anywhere. I should have picked up more copies for $9.99 at my local Best Buy when I had the chance.

:(

I'll pick up a few copies of Overlord to trade in to different BB's and GR's around here. Nice to see a new flip. I guess I'll just do a few of these to pay for Mario Kart and pick it up even without the bonus wheel.

I'm definitely trading one into Game Crazy after price mathcing so I can pick up House of the Dead there also.

This is probably a LONG SHOT...But any CAGs in SoCal, have you seen any 60gb PS3s at your stores?

I am willing to drive anywhere from SD to LA, even the IE if needed!!!

Any help would be great. Thanks!

[quote name='PATWRIK']This is probably a LONG SHOT...But any CAGs in SoCal, have you seen any 60gb PS3s at your stores?

Any help would be great. Thanks![/QUOTE]

There was one in Riverside off La Sierra back in December. Worth calling to see if they still have it.

[quote name='PATWRIK']This is probably a LONG SHOT...But any CAGs in SoCal, have you seen any 60gb PS3s at your stores?

Any help would be great. Thanks![/QUOTE]

i doubt you will find any. BBs even ran out of the 80GB movie bundle.

[quote name='sj41']I'll pick up a few copies of Overlord to trade in to different BB's and GR's around here. Nice to see a new flip. I guess I'll just do a few of these to pay for Mario Kart and pick it up even without the bonus wheel.

I'm definitely trading one into Game Crazy after price mathcing so I can pick up House of the Dead there also.[/QUOTE]

Yep, confirmed Overlord at $28.50. It isn't available in a couple of the closest Gamestops (used, anyway) but fortunately the Best Buy I went to (and scored some decent penny guides at) is right next to a Mall. They had 3 copies at the Mall Gamestop - I bought two (wierd aside: this GS was staffed by 3 women - never seen that before). I used the new used-game-only GS coupon to make the total cost $28.78 ($14.39 each - no tax here). I traded one at a Blockbuster.

I had planned on stopping by Gamecrazy on the way home but was 10 minutes too late - so I have another Overlord to trade there later. While the Blockbuster price will hold till Tuesday it's fairly urgent to get it into GC because once they adjust the new price to $19.99 there it is unlikely they will price match to $28.50. If that happens I'll just take it to another Blockbuster.

I actually want a copy of this game but I can always buy a new one at GS for $19.99 (if I can't find a nice used one - the ones today were just OK condition).

This was my first GS -> BB transfer since the ill-fated Beowulf ;). I actually have reason to do this now, though, what with them actually getting real new games (SSBB and soon, Mario Kart) at my local Blockbuster. I can't trade there (as far as I know - I haven't actually checked in 2 months) so would otherwise not do any business there but damn it is hard to pass up the convenience of being able to pick up Mario Kart 1/2 mile from my house (all GS/Best Buy/CC/TRU/other game retailers are at least 10-12 miles away). I probably wouldn't bother with Overlord as a cash -> BB credit trade, but converting $28.78 of Gamestop credit into $57 of Blockbuster credit is well worth it.

[quote name='runpuddrun']what he said...

On a side note, the manager of the store was extremely excited that I was pre-ordering those 2 games, they were badgering me every time I went in there. they tried to get me to plunk down $90 for the SE of GTA, but I think that SE's of all games are completely idiotic and useless.

They (BB/GR) will be getting more flips and business from me if the trend of releasing new games on time continues.[/QUOTE]

I noticed my BB/GR had a sign behind the counter that said "Countdown to 40" for GTAIV. I am assuming they are getting 40 copies to sell possibly. I think I was like #20 on the list...so not bad...more than I thought for my store.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']i doubt you will find any. BBs even ran out of the 80GB movie bundle.[/QUOTE]

Someone in the Atlanta thread confirmed one here, so it's not impossible.

I think one of my two stores still have one 60 GB PS3, so its not totally out of the question to still find one. I think when they started pushing PS3/Bluray recently, many of them were finally sold off though.

[quote name='io']Yep, confirmed Overlord at $28.50. It isn't available in a couple of the closest Gamestops (used, anyway) but fortunately the Best Buy I went to (and scored some decent penny guides at) is right next to a Mall. They had 3 copies at the Mall Gamestop - I bought two (wierd aside: this GS was staffed by 3 women - never seen that before). I used the new used-game-only GS coupon to make the total cost $28.78 ($14.39 each - no tax here). I traded one at a Blockbuster.

[/quote]

Are you talking about the %10 coupon or something else entirely? Thanks.

A little off topic, but for those of you that continue to use GameCrazy to balance your GR trading, I traded F1 and Stanglehold last night at my local GC. I've traded many time at this store and each time I go through the same pain of explaining to the clerk that "Yes, you do price match...". This time was a little odd, as I was dealing with the manager, who initially was very frosty, he went into the back to talk to his DM, and came out almost giddy with happiness. He spent the next 5 mins kissing my ass, telling me how smart I was to have figured out to use BB/GR trade prices, he shook my hand twice. It was just plain weird, you would think I had just found the Lost Ark.

Anyway, I wish Id more GC's in my area as my credit there is certainly more usefull in the long term.

[quote name='stoned99']A little off topic, but for those of you that continue to use GameCrazy to balance your GR trading, I traded F1 and Stanglehold last night at my local GC. I've traded many time at this store and each time I go through the same pain of explaining to the clerk that "Yes, you do price match...". This time was a little odd, as I was dealing with the manager, who initially was very frosty, he went into the back to talk to his DM, and came out almost giddy with happiness. He spent the next 5 mins kissing my ass, telling me how smart I was to have figured out to use BB/GR trade prices, he shook my hand twice. It was just plain weird, you would think I had just found the Lost Ark.

Anyway, I wish Id more GC's in my area as my credit there is certainly more usefull in the long term.[/quote]

Im going to see if my GC will do this...I asked how much for Stranglehold & they said $1

[quote name='Forsaken']Anyone know where else I can find Folklore for 30 (or less)?[/QUOTE]

$14.98 at Target is the only thing I know of.

[quote name='Forsaken']I've already checked. My local Targets never have anything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, none of the ones in my area had it either. I think somebody might have come across it in a Best Buy YMMV clearance thing, but I really think Target is the only place. I was lucky enough to work out a trade with someone, their Folklore for some stuff I'd picked up on clearance, so you might want to hit up the trade forums.

Still waiting on Dualshock 3s at Blockbuster.... maybe my $75 BB cards from coke rewards will come before they get them.

anyone know the current trade in value of Stuntman Ignition for either the PS3 or 360? would make a nice flip if it gets alot since it's $17.99 used at EB/GS...

[quote name='Forsaken']I've already checked. My local Targets never have anything.[/quote]

gamestops new price is $29 new, $24 used. YMMV maybe.

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, none of the ones in my area had it either. I think somebody might have come across it in a Best Buy YMMV clearance thing, but I really think Target is the only place. I was lucky enough to work out a trade with someone, their Folklore for some stuff I'd picked up on clearance, so you might want to hit up the trade forums.

Still waiting on Dualshock 3s at Blockbuster.... maybe my $75 BB cards from coke rewards will come before they get them.[/quote]

I haven't checked the MCR page in weeks, due to the crappy prizes, so seeing your post was what got me to check. Thanks so much!!!!

Picked up 2 Overlords today (1 for myself, of course ;) ) Trades:

Overlord (360): $28.50
Quake 4 (360): $8

Bought Beowulf and the new Highlander film on DVD (2 for $20), some candy, and leaving the rest aside for GTA IV.

Noticed some used 360 titles for $15 that I hadn't seen at that price before: Golden Compass, Spider-Man 3, Call of Duty 3 . Maybe a few others...

Anyone who's picking up an Overlord to keep should note that there should be a map included seperate from the instruction booklet, SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE MAP BEFORE YOU TRADE IN A SECOND COPY!!!

More trades:

PS3 FEAR 26$
PS3 NBA 07 20$
PS3 Genji 26$
PS3 MLB 07 The Show 20$

And the thing I'm most happy about, I finally figured out a way to transfer credit back to GS for a very small loss. GS are running a trade 3 get extra 20%, which becomes 30% with the edge card. Super Smash Brothers Brawl gets 46$ after bonus, so I traded 3 SSSB and transfer 150$ in credit, with the overlord trade, I should be able to put that credit to good use.

Hmm...I might have to get on this Overlord action. How is it? Worth keeping a copy?

And are there going to be any differences between GTA 4 on the PS3 or 360? I'm leaning towards the 360 one because of acheivement whoring, but if the PS3 one will have some awesome content or better visuals, I'll lean towards that.

[quote name='edavis0780']Are you talking about the %10 coupon or something else entirely? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the GS 10% email signup coupon. $17.99 - 10% for Edge ($1.80) - 10% for coupon (also $1.80) = $14.39.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Hmm...I might have to get on this Overlord action. How is it? Worth keeping a copy?

And are there going to be any differences between GTA 4 on the PS3 or 360? I'm leaning towards the 360 one because of acheivement whoring, but if the PS3 one will have some awesome content or better visuals, I'll lean towards that.[/QUOTE]

At some point after release, the 360 version will have some exclusive downloadable content, but nobody knows what exactly it is yet. Aside from that, they're supposed to be mostly identical. I was going to get the 360 version b/c of that, but I think I'm going to switch to PS3 since more of my real-world friends have a PS3.

hypothetically speaking:

Say you get your Blockbuster account banned for excessive trading.

Does that prevent you from using your credit to purchase things at blockbuster, or just prevent you from future game trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back