The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='stoned99']More trades:

PS3 FEAR 26$
PS3 NBA 07 20$
PS3 Genji 26$
PS3 MLB 07 The Show 20$

And the thing I'm most happy about, I finally figured out a way to transfer credit back to GS for a very small loss. GS are running a trade 3 get extra 20%, which becomes 30% with the edge card. Super Smash Brothers Brawl gets 46$ after bonus, so I traded 3 SSSB and transfer 150$ in credit, with the overlord trade, I should be able to put that credit to good use.[/quote]

Did you trade all of those today?

[quote name='Troblin']hypothetically speaking:

Say you get your Blockbuster account banned for excessive trading.

Does that prevent you from using your credit to purchase things at blockbuster, or just prevent you from future game trading?[/quote]

You can still purchase. I used credit for a PS3 at a BB (nonGR) that had blocked my trade account.

[quote name='stoned99']Bought and sold today, yes.[/quote]
Where did you get FEAR from and what was the price you paid for it ?

[quote name='jmiller']Where did you get FEAR from and what was the price you paid for it ?[/QUOTE]

$14.98 at Target on clearance.

And the thing I'm most happy about, I finally figured out a way to transfer credit back to GS for a very small loss. GS are running a trade 3 get extra 20%, which becomes 30% with the edge card. Super Smash Brothers Brawl gets 46$ after bonus, so I traded 3 SSSB and transfer 150$ in credit, with the overlord trade, I should be able to put that credit to good use.[/QUOTE]

How many GSs are going to allow someone to trade in 3 copies of SSBB at the same time?

That's a heck of a good flip though. I have about $450 in BB credit that I wish I could move over to GS.

Question for BB/GR employee:

What is your opinion on, say, someone trading in a bunch of games and preordering a hot new title that will be out in a couple weeks and using the rest of the credit to buy a used game and then returning the used game in a couple weeks and applying it towards the purchase of the preorder?

I was thinking about doing this, but I was wondering if they would be upset about it. I have 3 GR's in the area, and one of them screwed me out of $10 a couple weeks ago and has a bunch of idiot teenagers working for them, so if this is something that is frowned upon I will make sure to do it at that location. The other 2 are awesome, the employees are great, and I would never do anything sleazy to them.

[quote name='DarkRider23']All Pro Football 2k8 for PS3 and 360 is on clearance at BB. Any idea what the TIV for it is?[/quote]
It should still be $8

[quote name='tex1ntux']Question for BB/GR employee:

What is your opinion on, say, someone trading in a bunch of games and preordering a hot new title that will be out in a couple weeks and using the rest of the credit to buy a used game and then returning the used game in a couple weeks and applying it towards the purchase of the preorder?

I was thinking about doing this, but I was wondering if they would be upset about it. I have 3 GR's in the area, and one of them screwed me out of $10 a couple weeks ago and has a bunch of idiot teenagers working for them, so if this is something that is frowned upon I will make sure to do it at that location. The other 2 are awesome, the employees are great, and I would never do anything sleazy to them.[/QUOTE]

They only take back used games if they don't work. Why would you buy it and plan on returning it anyway? Just play through it, then return it?

[quote name='tex1ntux']Question for BB/GR employee:

I was thinking about doing this, but I was wondering if they would be upset about it. I have 3 GR's in the area, and one of them screwed me out of $10 a couple weeks ago and has a bunch of idiot teenagers working for them, so if this is something that is frowned upon I will make sure to do it at that location. The other 2 are awesome, the employees are great, and I would never do anything sleazy to them.[/quote]

Why dont you just have them put the extra credit on a value card or on you account?

Or are you trying to just "borrow" a game, per se, by buying it and returning it?

PS3 FEAR 26$
PS3 NBA 07 20$
PS3 Genji 26$
PS3 MLB 07 The Show 20$

[/QUOTE]

Damn, I need to try those. I'd love to get Ratchet for $40.

[quote name='mkernan']They only take back used games if they don't work. Why would you buy it and plan on returning it anyway? Just play through it, then return it?[/QUOTE]

I think he's suggesting that the pre-ordering of the "hot new title" would somehow make up for the subsequent returned game.

Whatever you buy, you better be damn sure they won't have any more copies in stock the day you return it.#-o

Edit: And I can GUARANTEE those 2 idiot employees won't be sitting around the lunchtable pondering how upset you would be if they were to throw a trade ban on your account. At the very least you'd still retain the moral high-ground.:applause:

[quote name='mkernan']They only take back used games if they don't work. Why would you buy it and plan on returning it anyway? Just play through it, then return it?[/quote]
Yeah, I'm trading in like 6 games and I was wondering if I could get another one in to play in the mean time (until GTAIV comes out).

But they really don't do returns for used games within 30 days?

[quote name='tex1ntux']Yeah, I'm trading in like 6 games and I was wondering if I could get another one in to play in the mean time (until GTAIV comes out).

But they really don't do returns for used games within 30 days?[/QUOTE]

Unlike Gamestop, they don't have a "play it for 7 days and bring it back if you don't like it" policy. I mean, they are a RENTAL chain.......

On that same subject, their "no late fees" policy means this: You can rent a game for 5 days, keep it a week past the due date and you'll be charged for the price of the game, but return it within 30 days and you'll be refunded the price, minus a $1.25 restocking fee. In other words, you can rent a game for an entire month for $7.99 + $1.25. Use a free rental coupon, and that becomes $1.25 for a month. Granted, you have to deal with charges and credits to your credit card, but you can certainly stretch their rental period this way.

(I'm pretty sure I'm correct, but I take no responsibility for any inaccuracies in this post)

[quote name='tex1ntux']Yeah, I'm trading in like 6 games and I was wondering if I could get another one in to play in the mean time (until GTAIV comes out).

But they really don't do returns for used games within 30 days?[/QUOTE]

Haha, just saw your post after applying my edit. They don't share an "open" return policy like Gamestop. The 30 day return policy is only for defective merchandise (so if you return something that's already in stock, they'll just give you another copy.) I've returned games before that could be technically defective (i.e. froze at least once with the disc being in visibly poor condition), but I'd try not to abuse this policy - there could be a time where they'd be too suspicious when you have to make an honest return.

The only time I lied when making a return was with a $5 copy of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - but I doubt anyone who played it wouldn't at least sympathize.:^o I'd save your money for the pre-order and make the $8 investment to rent whatever it is you want to play.

Thanks for the advice. :)

I'm trading in Cars, Open Season, Fusion Frenzy 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Phantasy Star Universe, and MTV's Pimp My Ride (all 360). Spent $40 total buying all of them; trade in quote was like $65. Totally worth it for GTAIV. I love this site, btw. :)

So anyone have any expectations on what GTA IV launch eve\day is going to be like at GR. I remember being down by the mall hoping to pre-order LOTR: Third Age the day before the initial San Andreas PS2 launch and ended up being discouraged by huge lines outside all 3 Gamestops\EBs. One of the reasons I reserved my GTA at GR (not counting the high trade-in prices and the fact that I reserved it less than a month ago, of course;) ) was to avoid all the chaos one should be anticipating at the game-exclusive chains.

I'd expect it to be even worse this time around; what with the dual console relaease and the (groan) the recent surge in the "casual gamer" demographic. So any thoughts on what to expect launch time at a dealer more involved with movies than games? Or will it be just as bad? :twoguns:

[quote name='nietzsche74']So anyone have any expectations on what GTA IV launch eve\day is going to be like at GR. I remember being down by the mall hoping to pre-order LOTR: Third Age the day before the initial San Andreas PS2 launch and ended up being discouraged by huge lines outside all 3 Gamestops\EBs. One of the reasons I reserved my GTA at GR (not counting the high trade-in prices and the fact that I reserved it less than a month ago, of course;) ) was to avoid all the chaos one should be anticipating at the game-exclusive chains.

I'd expect it to be even worse this time around; what with the dual console relaease and the (groan) the recent surge in the "casual gamer" demographic. So any thoughts on what to expect launch time at a dealer more involved with movies than games? Or will it be just as bad? :twoguns:[/QUOTE]

When I pre-ordered (2 weeks ago), they mentioned that I was the first one to do so.... so it'll prolly be pretty tame.

This is only mildly BB/GR-related, but I finally fired up the copy of EDF I bought during the B1G1, and its hella-stupid fun.

Not sure if this mentioned earlier, but we just got some new information at the store that we will be preordering many many many more games coming up.

Guitar hero Aerosmith is now on pre order and I forgot what titles but 5-8 more games will be available for preorder within the next month.

Also our store is already moving towards the new style of BB store. We will have Wiis, 360s, pS3 systems for sale. We just finally got in DS games for rent too which means they will be pre owned soon enough. Good changes are coming for people without GR BB's

[quote name='xDerekRx']Not sure if this mentioned earlier, but we just got some new information at the store that we will be preordering many many many more games coming up.

Guitar hero Aerosmith is now on pre order and I forgot what titles but 5-8 more games will be available for preorder within the next month.

Also our store is already moving towards the new style of BB store. We will have Wiis, 360s, pS3 systems for sale. We just finally got in DS games for rent too which means they will be pre owned soon enough. Good changes are coming for people without GR BB's[/QUOTE]

Good to hear! No DS's for sale though? That would seem to be a more buy-at-the-video-store kind of impulse buy than a full blown home console. See, I could use another DS ;).

that is great news. i've been sitting on my bb credit for months till recently, when they started getting more new games in. im less tempted now to price match to gamecrazy in fear of having useless credit at bb. if only they sold blu-rays at decent prices.

[quote name='mkernan']Unlike Gamestop, they don't have a "play it for 7 days and bring it back if you don't like it" policy. I mean, they are a RENTAL chain.......

On that same subject, their "no late fees" policy means this: You can rent a game for 5 days, keep it a week past the due date and you'll be charged for the price of the game, but return it within 30 days and you'll be refunded the price, minus a $1.25 restocking fee. In other words, you can rent a game for an entire month for $7.99 + $1.25. Use a free rental coupon, and that becomes $1.25 for a month. Granted, you have to deal with charges and credits to your credit card, but you can certainly stretch their rental period this way.

(I'm pretty sure I'm correct, but I take no responsibility for any inaccuracies in this post)[/quote]

This policy was correct until about 2 weeks ago, they have changed the policy to reign in the abuse and to simplify things.

All games regardless of system or generation are now 6 day rentals, you have a 3 day grace period to return it. After those 3 days the game sells to your credit card. Then you have 3 days to return it for a full refund. (No $1.25 charge.) After the 2nd 3 days it's yours forever, although my GR said that they would except a return but that the money would return to your store account, not your credit card, but that may be just a local policy.

So it used to be 5+30 days, now it's 6+3+3.
All movies are 3+3+3 and they lowered the prices on renting older movies.

My store had lots of signs up about the changes and was telling every customer about it.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Not sure if this mentioned earlier, but we just got some new information at the store that we will be preordering many many many more games coming up.

Also our store is already moving towards the new style of BB store. We will have Wiis, 360s, pS3 systems for sale. We just finally got in DS games for rent too which means they will be pre owned soon enough. Good changes are coming for people without GR BB's[/quote]

My Blockbuster (NON-GR) has been renting and selling DS games for a couple months now.

actually blair it's still 30 day grace in most stores nationwide. the policy you are referring to is only certain test markets. I believe most stores will do that policy eventually, Because we lose way to much revenue when people abuse that policy. As for preorders, it will be awhile before we transform to a known game retailer. right now we only take preorders for 3 games. blockbuster is years aways from even being taken seriously in the game market. 1 they take preorders for games too close to release date, where as gamestop been taking orders for these games months to a year in advance. 2 they get titles way too late. instead of getting them wed. they get them friday. and all advertisments except for window decals are in black white ink so it doesnt catch ur eye.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Guitar hero Aerosmith is now on pre order...[/quote]Sign. Me. Up! I'll have to see if I can preorder it locally yet.

[quote name='blair2100']This policy was correct until about 2 weeks ago, they have changed the policy to reign in the abuse and to simplify things.

All games regardless of system or generation are now 6 day rentals, you have a 3 day grace period to return it. After those 3 days the game sells to your credit card. Then you have 3 days to return it for a full refund. (No $1.25 charge.) After the 2nd 3 days it's yours forever, although my GR said that they would except a return but that the money would return to your store account, not your credit card, but that may be just a local policy.

My store had lots of signs up about the changes and was telling every customer about it.[/quote]

Ah!!! Shucks, I was the worst offender when it came to "Taking Advantage" of the 30 day policy. I will be sad to see that go away. Which area are you in that has instigated the new policy ?

[quote name='blair2100']This policy was correct until about 2 weeks ago, they have changed the policy to reign in the abuse and to simplify things.

My store had lots of signs up about the changes and was telling every customer about it.[/quote]

Blair, your Blockbuster is part of a test market. Jim Keyes (BB CEO) is running several test markets simultaneously at the moment (at LEAST 7 different test markets are currently running, my area being one). The ones that I am aware of are as follows:

1- 5 day rentals, 5 day grace period, 30 day refund period
2- 5 day rental, 5 day grace period, 5 day refund period
3- 5 day rental, 5 day grace period, 5 day refund to store credit only period
4- 3/6 day rental, 3 day grace period, 3 refund period (your market)
5- Rewards test market-> $20 for the card, but every new release rental is $1 off the price on top of the other benefits.
6- $1 per day rentals, with a minimum of 3-day rental required.
7- something about late fees.

Also, most of these test markets are utilizing a different price structure. Most of the 5 day rental markets have made what used to be 2-day rentals into "hot new releases" and increased their price by a dollar (over other new releases) while simultaneously lowering the price on their older movies. The majority of stores across America are currently unaffected, but those stores that are in test markets have signs up everywhere to inform their customers of the changes.

[quote name='Warner1281']Blair, your Blockbuster is part of a test market. Jim Keyes (BB CEO) is running several test markets simultaneously at the moment (at LEAST 7 different test markets are currently running, my area being one). The ones that I am aware of are as follows:

5- Rewards test market-> $20 for the card, but every new release rental is $1 off the price on top of the other benefits.

Also, most of these test markets are utilizing a different price structure. Most of the 5 day rental markets have made what used to be 2-day rentals into "hot new releases" and increased their price by a dollar (over other new releases) while simultaneously lowering the price on their older movies. The majority of stores across America are currently unaffected, but those stores that are in test markets have signs up everywhere to inform their customers of the changes.[/QUOTE]

Damn..... talk about confusing. I dunno, I was happy with things the way they are now.

once they fucked with restricting and raising the cost of BB Online, I decided to no longer rent movies there and now just go the redbox route and the cheapest netflix option.

[quote name='Warner1281']Blair, your Blockbuster is part of a test market. Jim Keyes (BB CEO) is running several test markets simultaneously at the moment (at LEAST 7 different test markets are currently running, my area being one). The ones that I am aware of are as follows:

Also, most of these test markets are utilizing a different price structure. Most of the 5 day rental markets have made what used to be 2-day rentals into "hot new releases" and increased their price by a dollar (over other new releases) while simultaneously lowering the price on their older movies. The majority of stores across America are currently unaffected, but those stores that are in test markets have signs up everywhere to inform their customers of the changes.[/quote]

My Blockbuster is a part of market. I can't remember which of the first 2 it is though.

[quote name='stoned99']Ah!!! Shucks, I was the worst offender when it came to "Taking Advantage" of the 30 day policy. I will be sad to see that go away. Which area are you in that has instigated the new policy ?[/QUOTE]

I can't say I'll complain when they make the change. Those single copy ps3 games they have up for rent that have been gone for 3-4 weeks because of people like yourself may come trickling back in. haha

[quote name='io']Good to hear! No DS's for sale though? That would seem to be a more buy-at-the-video-store kind of impulse buy than a full blown home console. See, I could use another DS ;).[/quote]

We got a packet of information, just some highlights to mention

-Many more preorders. Like a moron I forgot most of the titles but I remember a Wii fitness type of game on there, and Guitar Hero Aerosmith thing.

-Indy 4 swag up the ying yang. They are getting hats, shirts, bundles with Indy whips/cowboy hats/indy brown shirts, and even Indiana Jones sponsored race cars. All of these things can be purchased by customers and employees. So if you see an Employee dressed like Indiana Jones, dont get scared, just a huge promotional blitz.

-Systems for sale. In the packet they showed 3 systems to be sold in Bundle form unfortunately. I believe each bundle included 1 system + 1 game + 1 extra controller. The systems were only PS3/360/Wii. I didnt see DS but there are a few random stores in my area that sells them, but there are over 30 total so its not widespread.

As far as a date, Ill have to double check. I ll try to study the sheet and get back to you guys but for now this seems like something that is happening within the coming months.

I guess some advice for people with lots of credit and dont have a GR, just a BB - save your credit, some big stuff is on the way, not to mention even more retail.

[quote name='xDerekRx']-Many more preorders. Like a moron I forgot most of the titles but I remember a Wii fitness type of game on there, and Guitar Hero Aerosmith thing.
[/QUOTE]

Might that be Wii Fit perhaps? :lol:

I have it preordered at Gamecrazy and wasn't sure I wanted to blow $90 (not confirmed I guess but that seems to be what it will cost) in precious GC credit on that - but BB credit might make it OK. Though with all this news it is likely I will want to get a PS3 there too, eventually, and I don't have enough for all that unless I start building back up again...

[quote name='io']Might that be Wii Fit perhaps? :lol:

I have it preordered at Gamecrazy and wasn't sure I wanted to blow $90 (not confirmed I guess but that seems to be what it will cost) in precious GC credit on that - but BB credit might make it OK. Though with all this news it is likely I will want to get a PS3 there too, eventually, and I don't have enough for all that unless I start building back up again...[/quote]

Ha yes, Wii Fit, a perfect game for the Wii if I had to say so.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Ha yes, Wii Fit, a perfect game for the Wii if I had to say so.[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see how widespread this preorder expansion is. Do you think this will only be at the stores that carry PS3's/Guitar Hero/other new games now, or at *all* stores like the SSBB/Mario Kart preorders? I'm guessing the former as the Wii Fit balance board peripheral will make the packing pretty bulky. Though as a preorder item it's possible for any store to deal with it I suppose (except if people cancel preorders on them and they are stuck trying to sell it in the store).

Even my local little podunk store got a ton of those framed posters to sell, though (mostly at $29.99). If they have the space for those, they should have the space to sell a few games - even Wii Fit.

One of my stores got in Indy (as in racing) posters. I understand the movie posters, but who in Los Angeles would spend $30 on an Indy racing poster?

I noticed that Stuntman Ignition (360 at least) dropped to $19.99 new at BB/GR. The used copies I saw were still also tagged $19.99, but I'd guess its like $14.99 used now. Just figured I'd post that since somebody recently posted about that drop in general.

[quote name='djkunai']One of my stores got in Indy (as in racing) posters. I understand the movie posters, but who in Los Angeles would spend $30 on an Indy racing poster?[/quote]

Deleted due to me not reading!!! Doh!!!

Got this letter today:

Dear Mr. / Ms. XXXXX

Thank you for your enthusiastic participation in the BLOCKBUSTER Trading Program. While conducting a recent review of trade activity, your account(s) were identified as having excessive trade activity.

In order to be fair to all our trade members, BLOCKBUSTER reserves the right to limit the number of copies of a title and overall number of goods accepted from a member or authorized trader without prior notice. As of XXXXX, we have suspended your trading account(s) from further activity in all stores until further notice.

However, please note that this does not apply to your rental or purchase privileges. You may continue to rents and/or purchase at all BLOCKBUSTER locations under the current terms of your Membership agreement.

Thank you again for your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you in out stores again soon. If you have any questions regarding your trade privileges, please contact our Customer Care team at XXX.

Sincerely,

Blockbuster Trade Support

Blockbuster Inc.

I love the part where they tell me I'm allowed to still buy stuff. Ironically, I traded in two days ago without an issue.

[quote name='djkunai']Got this letter today:

I love the part where they tell me I'm allowed to still buy stuff. Ironically, I traded in two days ago without an issue.[/QUOTE]

Wow, looks like a corporate-wide review... Yikes... See, although my trading has been a tiny percentage of yours this is why I haven't pushed the issue of getting reinstated at the couple of stores I've been banned at with the DM or corporate - no need to let them know I am still active at other places!

So they actually sent you this in the mail?

[quote name='io']Wow, looks like a corporate-wide review... Yikes... See, although my trading has been a tiny percentage of yours this is why I haven't pushed the issue of getting reinstated at the couple of stores I've been banned at with the DM or corporate - no need to let them know I am still active at other places!

So they actually sent you this in the mail?[/quote]

Snail mailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back