The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='DrNo888']Does Assassin's Creed still get $35?

27*0.57*1.0825= $16.66[/quote]
First page says on 4/28 xbox 360 was getting $32. Potential here

It seems the math should be:

27*2= 54 * .9 = 48.60 / 3 = 16.20 (not taking into account tax, which I don't pay ~ $17.50 with 8%)

(unless, of course, Gamestop rings up all 3 titles, then takes 10% off the lot, then subtracts $27 for the price of one game)

[quote name='animemaniac14']oh yeah...that B2G1 free deal is going to ROCK...going to have to run by my GS right after classes end tomorrow...damn...and this is hell week for me too..stupid exams and papers and finals...[/quote]

im going through the same thing, presentations, papers, and finals. i plan on hitting up a gamestop after school as well. need to come up with a list of potential flips though. hoping assassin's creed is a winner as i think most gamestops will have copies on both systems.

as of today:

assassin's creed ps3 - 30
assassins creed 360 - 32
fatal inertia - 35

Does History Channel: BotP still get $28.50 TIV? My local store won't quote me prices over the phone and I can't seem to find a way to search for Game Rush numbers or I would just call myself. When I search it just gives me Blockbuster numbers. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Besides Sega Superstars tennis, Assassins Creed, and Fatal Inertia what are some good games to buy with my credit at Gamestop with b2g1 and flip at blockbuster?

I'm trying to think of some equal price combos of 3. I have 60 bucks at Gamestop and 200 at Blockbuster. I want more money at blockbuster in case they get wii's in again.

Also, if used accessories work for the b2g1 free, what are some good flips and what are some good used accessories in general? If I need a 3rd item around $20, i might get the used GBA player for the Gamecube for $19.99

[quote name='ghozt']im going through the same thing, presentations, papers, and finals. i plan on hitting up a gamestop after school as well. need to come up with a list of potential flips though. hoping assassin's creed is a winner as i think most gamestops will have copies on both systems.

as of today:

assassins creed 360 - 32
fatal inertia - 35[/quote]

gonna grab assassin's creed for 360 then :whistle2:D

[quote name='ghozt']im going through the same thing, presentations, papers, and finals. i plan on hitting up a gamestop after school as well. need to come up with a list of potential flips though. hoping assassin's creed is a winner as i think most gamestops will have copies on both systems.

as of today:

assassins creed 360 - 32
fatal inertia - 35[/quote]

Is that fatal inertia for 360?

OK, I found one store that has History Channel Battle for the Pacific, Assassin's Creed, and Sega Superstar Tennis (Wii). Those aren't the best since they are all different prices but if I buy all 3 it would cost $46.78 and I'd get $90.50. Not so great - but OK if I consider that as paying for Wii Fit with discounted GS credit. I could get a second Sega Tennis if they have one, but that means driving to multiple Blockbusters. The advantage of the 3 different games is that I could take all of them right over to a Blockbuster 4-5 miles from the GS and be done with it. Hmmmmm... I'll have to consider it. And tomorrow is my last chance to use the Edge card as mine expires then - so it is very tempting to make one last run. I'm just now mailing the $2 postcard thing in so I'll be Edge-less for several weeks, probably. Yeah, I should have done it sooner, but oh well!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Is that fatal inertia for 360?[/QUOTE]

You know, when I added it to the OP I thought it was only a PS3 game so I listed it there. The original trade quote DID NOT SPECIFY so be a little cautious over PS3 vs 360. Of course, I can't find the PS3 version at all on EB/GS - it only shows me 360. There is one used 360 at a different store than the one I was planning on going to. But they have nothing else besides Assassin's Creed.

So if anyone could clarify Fatal Inertia on 360/PS3 (or ideally figure out both) that would be great and I'll add it to the OP.

[quote name='io']OK, I found one store that has History Channel Battle for the Pacific, Assassin's Creed, and Sega Superstar Tennis (Wii). Those aren't the best since they are all different prices but if I buy all 3 it would cost $46.78 and I'd get $90.50. Not so great - but OK if I consider that as paying for Wii Fit with discounted GS credit. I could get a second Sega Tennis if they have one, but that means driving to multiple Blockbusters. The advantage of the 3 different games is that I could take all of them right over to a Blockbuster 4-5 miles from the GS and be done with it. Hmmmmm... I'll have to consider it. And tomorrow is my last chance to use the Edge card as mine expires then - so it is very tempting to make one last run. I'm just now mailing the $2 postcard thing in so I'll be Edge-less for several weeks, probably. Yeah, I should have done it sooner, but oh well![/quote]

Mine expires tomorrow too. You were reading my mind exactly about everything u said.

[quote name='animemaniac14']i CAN CONFIRM that Fatal Inertia for the 360 trades in for $35 :)[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think Fatal Inertia is worth keeping and playing? It's a stupid question with GTA4, but I figured I'd ask.

For anyone figuring out the math on the final prices, I remember when GS had used dvds for buy 2 get 5 free, they charged me sales tax on all 7 dvds at the full price. I don't know if this is just FL, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think Fatal Inertia is worth keeping and playing? It's a stupid question with GTA4, but I figured I'd ask.[/quote]

i've not played it myself..but the front cover reminds me of R-Type (which i LOVED as a kid :whistle2:D) so check the reviews on it. I do know it won't beat the reviews on GTA4 (10/10 in everything i've read so far...)

[quote name='asthmatic']there is no fatal inertia for ps3[/QUOTE]

Huh, well, there you go. I looked on Metacritic and they listed it under PS3 and since I had never heard of it I thought it must be a PS3 exclusive ;).

I fixed it in the OP (and added Assassin's Creed for PS3).

Fatal Intertia will only be made available through PSN next month for a price of $29.99. The team has said they have learned from their mistakes, and will try to fix all of the issues with the PS3 version. Let's hope they keep good on their promises. ;)

As for Melee, if it is still at the increased price right before the release of Brawl, then it should be 39.99 used. If it came back down, then it would be 34.99.

I believe Tuesdays are the days that BB change their TIV.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Which day of the week does Blockbuster change their TIV's? If it's Wed, just watch Blockbuster finally be smart enough to screw us all over and lower the prices. :bomb: lol[/QUOTE]

Hello, noob.

Prices drop on Sunday, trade values drop on Tuesdays. Monday is the "dump day" when you are guaranteed the value that it's held since the past Tuesday. You can actually trade in a game for more than they sell it used in most situations.

[quote name='djkunai']Hello, noob.

Prices drop on Sunday, trade values drop on Tuesdays. Monday is the "dump day" when you are guaranteed the value that it's held since the past Tuesday. You can actually trade in a game for more than they sell it used in most situations.[/quote]

lol, thx djkunai. I've only made about $900 in profit by attempting some simple moves in your masterful art, but I somehow always forget that dump day is on Mon and not Tues. Thanks again.

:360: Viking: Battle for Asgard - $35

My GR just changed almost all of the "for sale" :ds: games into rentals. Very strange. Still haven't decided what to do with the copy of TWEWY I bought from them as it's now available as a rental...

The non-GR BBs near me all seem to be carrying Wiis and 360s now along with the new 40gb PS3 bundle reminiscent of the old 80gb they used to sell. I'm glad I picked up my non-bundle 40gb when I did!

Some of them were trying to bundle the systems with other stuff, some weren't; so I don't know what their rules are on that.

Yesterday one had photocopied signs up letting you know you could preorder Lego Indiana Jones.

I picked up my GTA and Artwork yesterday....yeah. Now I jus thave to find time to play it. I wish I had an EDGE card to take advantage of the B2G1 at GameStop.

[quote name='noone13']Does History Channel: BotP still get $28.50 TIV? My local store won't quote me prices over the phone and I can't seem to find a way to search for Game Rush numbers or I would just call myself. When I search it just gives me Blockbuster numbers. Thanks to anyone who can help me.[/quote]

Yes, I traded it last night for 28.50, along with Viking.

I then bought 3 Mario Karts for trade back to GS, It has been confirmed that the wheel can be seperated and gets 3$, so I will actually get 59$ for each copy (My store is giving +50% and it stacks with Edge). A small profit by CAG standards, but when it comes to moving credit from GR to GS, this is absolutely a deal.

The interesting part of the story was how the BB manager had managed to order additional copies of the game, he and all the store employees had actually pre-ordered them against their own personal accounts.

Seems a lot of effort to me, so they must have been given some worthwhile incentives.

[quote name='stoned99']Yes, I traded it last night for 28.50, along with Viking.

I then bought 3 Mario Karts for trade back to GS, It has been confirmed that the wheel can be seperated and gets 3$, so I will actually get 59$ for each copy (My store is giving +50% and it stacks with Edge). A small profit by CAG standards, but when it comes to moving credit from GR to GS, this is absolutely a deal.

The interesting part of the story was how the BB manager had managed to order additional copies of the game, he and all the store employees had actually pre-ordered them against their own personal accounts.

Seems a lot of effort to me, so they must have been given some worthwhile incentives.[/quote]

do you need a special coupon for the +50% trade in?

[quote name='nietzsche74']Just noticed that Blazing Angels 2 (360) dropped to $17.99 used at Gamestop; might be another flipper.[/quote]

I wish they would drop the used price for Blazing Angels 1, now it is more expensive than the sequel and Amazon sells it new for $19.99. :bomb: What is the TIV for Blazing Angels 2 at GR? It is only 7:00 AM here and the local GR's don't open for another 3 hours.

Yea we NEED TO KNOW Blazing Angels 2 , we need more games to play , assassins creed is the only one widely available

[quote name='noone13']Does History Channel: BotP still get $28.50 TIV? My local store won't quote me prices over the phone and I can't seem to find a way to search for Game Rush numbers or I would just call myself. When I search it just gives me Blockbuster numbers. Thanks to anyone who can help me.[/quote]

Why do you have to call a GR, you can call ANY BB

The answer is no on the +50, there is no coupon needed, but the bonus is only good at the Stanton (Broadway / Magmolia) and LB (No idea which one) stores.

Good news on the Blazing Angels II, I actually want that game for my collection.

And TIV (I used up my call for the day)

360 Lost Odyssey $35
360 Blazing Angels II $22
360 Assassins Creed $32

OK, so I'm coming in a little late on the Fatal Inertia thing. $24.99 used + 25% off coupon + 10% Edge card, trade in for $35? Not that I have an Edge card (yet), but...that's the big deal about FI, right?

[quote name='eugaet']OK, so I'm coming in a little late on the Fatal Inertia thing. $24.99 used + 25% off coupon + 10% Edge card, trade in for $35? Not that I have an Edge card (yet), but...that's the big deal about FI, right?[/quote]I don't think there is a 25% off coupon this week, but the buy 2 get 1 free sale on used games started today. That's the big deal. Assasin's Creed costs $26.99 and trades in for $32 on 360. Sega Superstars Tennis costs $17.99 on Wii and trades for $30. I have no Fatal Inertia used copies around here, so I'm trying to find a third game that can get me some profit.

Any star flippers want to give a list of the top games to flip using the buy 2 get 1 free?

[quote name='sj41']I don't think there is a 25% off coupon this week, but the buy 2 get 1 free sale on used games started today. That's the big deal. Assasin's Creed costs $26.99 and trades in for $32 on 360. Sega Superstars Tennis costs $17.99 on Wii and trades for $30. I have no Fatal Inertia used copies around here, so I'm trying to find a third game that can get me some profit.

Any star flippers want to give a list of the top games to flip using the buy 2 get 1 free?[/quote]

Assassin's Creed :360:
Fatal Inertia :360:

Picked up 3 for $53 then flipped them over to GR for $96. Picked up a GTA LE for $1 more.

GameStop only gives $30 for SSBB and $25 for MKWii, so my plan to recycle is dead.

:hot: :hot: :hot: :ps3: Stranglehold (regular and collector's) - $36

Used price for regular edition is $24.99 at GameStop! $50 for 3 copies will fetch $108 back at GR!

[quote name='djkunai']:hot: :hot: :hot: :ps3: Stranglehold (regular and collector's) - $36

Used price for regular edition is $24.99 at GameStop! $50 for 3 copies will fetch $108 back at GR![/QUOTE]
Seriously? The 360 version only gets $19...damn, that's a nice flip.

[quote name='ShaJay']Cn someone else confirm that strangle hold gets 36 for ps3. We need a confirmation[/quote]

I do not doubt djkunai, I am just confused if that includes both the regular and collector's version (I know he put both in his post) for PS3 as I can get ahold of copies of only the regular.

Nice!

I think two sets of below for two different stores is enough for me this week. Don't like trading in two copies of same game to same store. Actually, I already traded in HC: BotP to one store during 360 coupon. Hopefully, they won't notice. If I can find Sega Tennis and Fatal Inertia, then may reconsider another set or two.

AC 360
Stranglehold PS3
HC: BotP

[quote name='ShaJay']oh jesus dint realize dj posted that . but is this game only or do we nee d the collectors additions[/quote]

BOTH editions trade for $36 at GameRush.

Regular edition used at GS is $24.99.
Collector's edition used at GS is $26.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back