The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

Folklore TIV $33, if it hasnt gone down within last couple of weeks. Used at GS for $26.99? (not listed on website)

Today at gamestop (with edgecard) and b2g1 I bought:

Eye of Judgement used 26.99 - Blockbuster TIV 36
Assassins Creed (360) used FREE - Blockbuster TIV 32

Sega Superstars Tennis (360) used 16.20 - Blockbuster TIV 28.50
Sega Superstars Tennis (360) used 16.20 - Keeping for myself
Xbox live arcade compilation disc (360) FREE - Keeping for myself

The xbox arcade disc is the one that comes with the 360 arcade bundle. It has pacman championship edition, uno, and all that great stuff.

MY ADVICE: if you trade in the Eye of Judgement and want to keep the camera, take off the cover. I almost got into trouble because the blockbuster employee read on the front of the dvd cover that it comes with a camera. I just said you can play it without a camera (I don't know if that's true or not). You would just have to trade at a Blockbuster that doesn't care about covers.

Then I bought a wii all on credit and I had plenty left over for smash bros and mario kart.

I traded at a GR, Sega Superstars Tennis (360) might get more than $28.50 at a regular Blockbuster.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Today at gamestop (with edgecard) and b2g1 I bought:

The xbox arcade disc is the one that comes with the 360 arcade bundle. It has pacman championship edition, uno, and all that great stuff.

MY ADVICE: if you trade in the Eye of Judgement and want to keep the camera, take off the cover. I almost got into trouble because the blockbuster employee read on the front of the dvd cover that it comes with a camera. I just said you can play it without a camera (I don't know if that's true or not). You would just have to trade at a Blockbuster that doesn't care about covers.

Then I bought a wii all on credit and I had plenty left over for smash bros and mario kart.

I traded at a GR, Sega Superstars Tennis (360) might get more than $28.50 at a regular Blockbuster.[/quote]

My Blockbuster REQUIRES Cover and manuel

[quote name='ShaJay']We Need More Trade INS!!![/quote]

I agree, I was overwhelmed with all the possibles for flips and I didn't know what would make the best flips. I just saw those eye of judgements and sega tennis and thought it was a good way to convert my gamestop cred to blockbuster cred for a wii.

I went to one gamestop, bought a Sega tennis, went to another gamestop, returned my Sega Tennis, rebought my sega tennis, bought another sega tennis, and got the 3rd game free. This was only because the gamestops are literally in walking distance of each other. What I'm saying is, if you only see one game you want and you're willing to drive to another gamestop, just do what I did.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Today at gamestop (with edgecard) and b2g1 I bought:

I traded at a GR, Sega Superstars Tennis (360) might get more than $28.50 at a regular Blockbuster.[/quote]

That Arcade disk is worth it for Pacman alone. I think this is the best version of Pacman by far. I love the sense of urgency it brings, and the flashlight maps are a blast.

[quote name='djkunai']:hot: :hot: :hot: :ps3: Stranglehold (regular and collector's) - $36

Used price for regular edition is $24.99 at GameStop! $50 for 3 copies will fetch $108 back at GR![/quote]That's the kind of stuff I wanted to see. I'll pick up Stranglehold, Assasin's Creed, and Sega Superstars Tennis to flip, and Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition to keep. I just need to figure out how to group them since they are seperated across a couple of stores.

No used fatal inertia's show up in my area, and used eye of judgment doesn't appear on the site at all.

Are there any good GameCrazy to BB flips? I've got $60 in store credit at GC and I'd like to make that number grow at BB.

Picked up Assassins Creed, Folklore, and History Channel BC to Flip. Nice to know about Stranglehold.
I was going to pick up No More Heroes to Keep at Gamestop but the used price is still 39.99 even though it's 29.99 new. They told me to check back in a few days and the used price will probably be down. So maybe I can pick that up with a couple Strangleholds.

[quote name='blair2100']Picked up Assassins Creed, Folklore, and History Channel BC to Flip. Nice to know about Stranglehold.
I was going to pick up No More Heroes to Keep at Gamestop but the used price is still 39.99 even though it's 29.99 new. They told me to check back in a few days and the used price will probably be down. So maybe I can pick that up with a couple Strangleholds.[/quote]

I was wondering about this flip with No More Heroes. On the site it is quoted at 26.99. hmm....

Well, so much for my Target finds. Last prices for Genji and NBA 07 were $26 and $20 in the list in the OP. I was wuite surprised today I found a stack of each for $14.98. I bought one of each with the $5 coupon (so $12.50 each). I thought that would make a decent trade-in - I remember looking for these before and could never find them. I just called my local store and Genji now gets $13 and NBA 07 $9. WTF!? I was wondering why no one mentioned them recently :lol:

Oh well, I'm off to try my luck at a GS. Looks like it will be Assassin's Creed and Stranglehold and either Fatal Inertia if I can find it or a Sega Superstar Tennis - or possibly another Stranglehold though that means multiple BB trips later.

Gotta go game hunting during lunch tomorrow. With all the games that just came out and all the great flipping my wallet is crying in pain right now. Its going to be ass creed, stranglehold, SST, and whatever tickles my fancy.

So far today:

14 x Assassin's Creed :ps3:
2 x Assassin's Creed :360:
3 x Stranglehold Regular
2 x Stranglehold CE

And that's the AC from only one store.

[quote name='djkunai']So far today:

14 x Assassin's Creed :ps3:
2 x Assassin's Creed :360:
3 x Stranglehold Regular
2 x Stranglehold CE

And that's the AC from only one store.[/QUOTE]

I just bow down to your Kunai power.

I have a fun story about picking up my Special Edition of GTA IV Xbox 360:

Me and My Girlfriend went to pick up the game at 12 a.m. Tuesday because the store was suppose to stay open an extra 15 minutes but that turned out to be 45. The only female in the store is my girlfriend who has the only special edition on reserve at this location but none of the people in line with us know this fact until we get to the register. Then, they hand it to her so she posed for several pics with the box that we took with her cell phone. The look on everybody's face when they handed it to her was priceless because all of their mouth's dropped. I wish I would have took a pic of their reaction but my camera phone is horrible so I didn't take the pic. I was sleepy as hell because I had to be up for work like 5 hours later.

[quote name='PATWRIK']I was wondering about this flip with No More Heroes. On the site it is quoted at 26.99. hmm....[/quote]

I just got this new device called a telephone. I pressed a couple buttons and it let me talk to someone that works at Blockbuster. They told me it was worth $30.

I'm gonna be on vacation from 5/2-5/12 (not going anywhere, just dont have to work). So this'll give me quite a lot of time to find trade fodder. I think im gonna pick up some Assassins Creeds, PS3 Evo's and Strangleholds.

Alright, I mad because majority of my paycheck is going towards bills but I have some money saved up so I need to know which have the biggest flips:

Stranglehold PS3 $36 from $25 @ GS
Sega Superstar Tennis PS3 or Wii $30 from $18 @ GS (Only thing sucks is that the stores closest to me don't have any of these used in stock)
Sega Rally Evo PS3 $33 from $27

Help me with some more if I can't find them in the thread.

From what I see:

Sega Rally Evo PS3 $33
Stranglehold PS3 $36
Eye of Judgement $36
Total: $105 for $55 at Gamestop (This is the best combo unless I can't get Sega Rally Evo swap that out for Assassin's Creed for one dollar less.

PS3
Assassin's Creed: $27 -> $32
Rock Band: $30 -> $36
Sega Rally Revo: $27 -> $33
Sega Superstars Tennis: $18 -> $30
Stranglehold (Reg & Coll Ed): $25 -> $36

Fatal Inertia: $25 -> $36
Sega Superstars Tennis: $18 -> $28.50
History Channel BFTP: $25 -> $28.50

Wii
No More Heroes: $27 -$30

I'm lazy, so im probably missing stuff. Ah well. All prices are before edge card and of course the B2G1 makes it sweeter, mix and match as you see fit. I just got my $600 rebate check from the govt, I have a feeling its going to go straight into Blockbuster credit over the next week.

[quote name='Bezerker']PS3

Wii

I'm lazy, so im missing out[/QUOTE]

You forgot Eye of Judgement PS3 trades for $36 and is $27 at Gamestop.

So for me it will be:

Fatal Inertia $36
Eye of Judgement $36
Stranglehold $36
Total: $108 in GR/BB Credit to $55 Cash at Gamestop
which is almost double the credit which is always a good thing. It sucks that my local Gamestops don't like to combine the 10% off coupon with the Edge Card but it is already a sweet deal for me so I don't mind that much.

I didn't forget it, theres no way to check the store locater so i didn't bother. I'm sure there are some other gems in there, but that list alone provides me with a combination of at least 50 games to buy & trade.

I can only pray now that they start carrying Amazon gift cards.

djkunai im just glad as HELL you don't live near me...cuz i'd pwn your ass if you did..lol. but i do bow down to you cuz i don't live in your area :)

well got a HUGE exam friday...but im goign to be there at 10 AM at GS to pick up DBZ Tenkaichi 3 Wii (for myself) + Assassin's Creed x10 (from 3 different GS's) + Stranglehold (PS3) (and howeva many i can find) + possible eye of judgement...if i can find it...JOY!!!!

I still don't see how it's worth it to flip cash to bb credit. with all the time you guys spend you should just buy high resale game and sell them on ebay.

^personally, i only try to flip games that are 2:1 or close to it. flipping cash to bb credit gets me games for half price, which is fine with me as i would've bought the game full price anyways.

no stranglehold, eye of judgment or sega tennis around me. i try not to go out of my way so im limited to about 5 gamestops. if only i knew about sega rally before i did my runs today. i didn't find it used on the gs website so ill be going out of my if i revisit gamestops i've already been to. guess im done for this round of flips.

Well, the resell value on games is rarely, if ever, 2:1.
Stranglehold goes for 24.99 on half.com, 21.90 for Assassin's creed.

So we break even (and in some cases lose money) by selling them for cash on the first two, and make 24.99 or 21.90 for the third.

Out of those sales, we take a loss of half.com / ebay fees. After the ebay fees, we lose the amount on the paypal cut.

After all of this on three sales, the actual amount of money received is pretty much just breaking even. With blockbuster credit, they can be immediately taken to be dumped (locking in a price for the inevitable drop since games are mass produced). It only sweetens the deal when you realize that the store pays more than the game actually sells for new/used.

[quote name='Bezerker']PS3

Sega Superstars Tennis: $18 -> $28.50

Wii
No More Heroes: $27 -$30

I'm lazy, so im probably missing stuff. Ah well. All prices are before edge card and of course the B2G1 makes it sweeter, mix and match as you see fit. I just got my $600 rebate check from the govt, I have a feeling its going to go straight into Blockbuster credit over the next week.[/quote]

PS3 Assassin's Creed is ONLY $30 not $32. It's correct on TIV list but like you I overlooked it. 360 version is $32.
Still able to payoff GTA IV with a copy of Assassin's and Stranglehold. :lol:

They had a couple wii's but were selling with game pass. Ugh.

[quote name='RandyTsai']I still don't see how it's worth it to flip cash to bb credit. with all the time you guys spend you should just buy high resale game and sell them on ebay.[/quote]

Last month with 25% off ps2 and xbox games, i was able to get a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for both systems. Those were good ebay sellers, but i don't think there is anything thing else rare enough to make a profit on.

Rather flip to blockbuster to get stuff half off, sell some of those to get cash for flipping. Especially with them carrying systems, there is more opportunity then the couple bucks made on ebay.

[quote name='blair2100']Picked up Assassins Creed, Folklore, and History Channel BC to Flip. Nice to know about Stranglehold.
I was going to pick up No More Heroes to Keep at Gamestop but the used price is still 39.99 even though it's 29.99 new. They told me to check back in a few days and the used price will probably be down. So maybe I can pick that up with a couple Strangleholds.[/quote]

[quote name='Bezerker']I just got this new device called a telephone. I pressed a couple buttons and it let me talk to someone that works at Blockbuster. They told me it was worth $30.

I'm gonna be on vacation from 5/2-5/12 (not going anywhere, just dont have to work). So this'll give me quite a lot of time to find trade fodder. I think im gonna pick up some Assassins Creeds, PS3 Evo's and Strangleholds.[/quote]

No need for your sacrasm here DICK! I was just commenting on the price on GS site and in store.

[quote name='RandyTsai']I still don't see how it's worth it to flip cash to bb credit. with all the time you guys spend you should just buy high resale game and sell them on ebay.[/quote]

I bought 3 copies of GTA IV for random people at GR tonight. I just said "I'll pay for it with store credit if you give me $60 cash. You save $5 on tax."

[quote name='PATWRIK']No need for your sacrasm here DICK! I was just commenting on the price on GS site and in store.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing when i read his evil post. I know patwrik was the person nice enough to call to get a fairly nice list of TIVs a few weeks back.:applause:

[quote name='djkunai']I bought 3 copies of GTA IV for random people at GR tonight. I just said "I'll pay for it with store credit if you give me $60 cash. You save $5 on tax."[/quote]

I did the same thing with the 2 people at my store that night who were paying cash. It makes me want to go to more Blockbuster midnight openings even if I don't want the game, but I guess there's nothing as popular as GTA coming out any time soon that would make people go at midnight. Maybe Guitar Hero Aerosmith?

So, apparently Edge card subs expire mid-month :bomb:. I thought since my sticker said 4/08 on it that I was good through the end of the month. I went to the Mall and found Stranglehold (CE), Fatal Inertia, and Assassin's Creed. They said my card was expired and asked if I wanted to renew. Being the cheapass that I am I said I re-upped by mail (which I did - though only for $2 - not $19.98 + $2). The guy went on a big lecture about how it was cheaper to do so in store despite my several statements that I already mailed it. Yeah, so if I actually paid $22.98 to resub via GameInformer you think I'd give you $15 MORE dollars?

Anyway, feeling like I'd be losing out if I bought the games without the 10% discount I left them there. It would have been $53.98 that would have turned into $103 at Blockbuster. It was probably stupid to pass it up. But instead of rushing across town to the Blockbuster to trade them in before I had to get my mother at the airport I called it a night (wrt to flipping) and let my boys play in the play area at the Mall and have a leisurely dinner instead. And look on the bright side - no chance of getting banned for trading too many games! Plus I had the very slight pleasure of NOT giving that guy a sale at Gamestop after he went on and on about the Edge sub (and wouldn't override to give me the discount - not that I asked but I thought it would have been good customer service to do so - yeah, right).

I did trade in my last VP Party Animals at Gamecrazy earlier in the evening for $15 using a Blockbuster price match (regular GC price: $6). So the evening wasn't a total loss for my hobby ;).

In any case, once I get my Edge card and a 25% coupon comes back around I know where there's a Fatal Inertia to pick up if nothing else... Also, it wasn't quote a doubling of the credit and if I'm patient I'm sure more lucrative trades will come up. It's not like I'm desperate for more limited-use Blockbuster credit anyway (I currently have more there than at GS).

Edit - Just read back and saw kunai (and others) talking about trading [highlight]10+[/highlight] Assassin's Creed and other games. And here I agonized over 3 games because I didn't get the 10% and that difference made the hassle of going to Blockbuster and being scrutinized and possibly called around to other stores about and possibly banned by the DM for trading things that are perfectly reasonable to trade and all that other crap not worth it. I really really don't see how you guys do it. Here's one issue that I think comes up with me and maybe you guys living in big metro areas don't have it - it is very obvious to most of the clerks at the far flung Blockbusters that I trade to that I am trading far from my home address. I think this makes them suspicous since there is a Blockbuster in my very own town. After all, why wouldn't I just do all my trading there? With some amorphous metro area like LA they would be less likely to recognize your address and how close/far you were from home, if they even care to begin with (I think BB clerks in some of these smaller places may take their jobs a bit more seriously too ;)).

Couple of random trade in values from last night.

PS3
Conan - $16
Eye of Judgement - $36 (I've been unsuccessful at 4 BB's trading this without the Eye... but I'm going to keep trying)

Wii
Pets Horsez 2 (don't ask) - $9

[quote name='io']After all, why wouldn't I just do all my trading there? With some amorphous metro area like LA they would be less likely to recognize your address and how close/far you were from home, if they even care to begin with (I think BB clerks in some of these smaller places may take their jobs a bit more seriously too ;)).[/quote]

As for me, I know I cover several different districts with in the LA area as well as the San Diego area. In my case, they don't bother me much when the pull up my account. When I first opened up the trading accounts, they questioned the addresses and I just told them that I live in SD / work in LA.

In San Diego, I have a little more problem with them looking at the address. I just tell them that I moved recently to the area.

Either way, I make it work for me. Oh, BTW, I'm rocking 3 different accounts so that probably helps as well. I don't know it happened, but I think it has to do with me living in different areas and just opening new accounts. For example, NorCal, AZ, San Diego.

[quote name='dyeknom']Well, the resell value on games is rarely, if ever, 2:1.
Stranglehold goes for 24.99 on half.com, 21.90 for Assassin's creed.

So we break even (and in some cases lose money) by selling them for cash on the first two, and make 24.99 or 21.90 for the third.

Out of those sales, we take a loss of half.com / ebay fees. After the ebay fees, we lose the amount on the paypal cut.

After all of this on three sales, the actual amount of money received is pretty much just breaking even. With blockbuster credit, they can be immediately taken to be dumped (locking in a price for the inevitable drop since games are mass produced). It only sweetens the deal when you realize that the store pays more than the game actually sells for new/used.[/quote]

this is pretty much dead on for why I follow kunai's lead for flipping games.

Also, while BB as a company is pretty much a tale of a company who got too greedy and is now paying for it, I'm a really big fan of their trying to be more geared toward gamers. Gamestop has a virtual monopoly and although BB doesn't really sell used games at good prices, their trade-in values are excellent.

[quote name='RandyTsai']I still don't see how it's worth it to flip cash to bb credit. with all the time you guys spend you should just buy high resale game and sell them on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Over the past year, I've used BB credit to get a 360, PSP, two DS Lite's, 3200 MS points, an extra 360 controller, two extra Wii Remotes, a Wii Zapper, about 20 games and 15-20 DVDs. That haul would normally cost, what, around $2,500? Thanks to flips ranging from 1:2 to 1:4, I've only spent around $1000 total and I've still got $350 in credit sitting on my GameRush card. It's definitely worth the occasional evening of driving to 15 or 20 local stores.

[quote name='maxfisher']Over the past year, I've used BB credit to get a 360, PSP, two DS Lite's, 3200 MS points, an extra 360 controller, two extra Wii Remotes, a Wii Zapper, about 20 games and 15-20 DVDs. That haul would normally cost, what, around $2,500? Thanks to flips ranging from 1:2 to 1:4, I've only spent around $1000 total and I've still got $350 in credit sitting on my GameRush card. It's definitely worth the occasional evening of driving to 15 or 20 local stores.[/quote]

well put way to defend this thread :applause:

[quote name='stone1061']
They had a couple wii's but were selling with game pass. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

If you want to buy a Wii and a store is making you but something else with it throw a fit. Make them get their District Manager on the line. Stores are not allowed to do this and will get in trouble when it is reported.

You may not feel like going through the hassle, but humbling arrogant store managers that do this crap is good for all customers. Blockbuster could use the revenue of forced bundles, but as of now not only are they not doing it, it is against policy.

[quote name='Sulik2']If you want to buy a Wii and a store is making you but something else with it throw a fit. Make them get their District Manager on the line. Stores are not allowed to do this and will get in trouble when it is reported.
[/quote]

Actually this is flat out wrong.

Stores can make and force any bundle they want. There is no law governing it. Stores could sell Wii's for $500 if they wanted to. The only exception is if BB has an agreement with their distributor to not sell an item above, or below a certain price. Almost all of these agreements refer to the seller not selling below a certain price.

Agh. I have enough games to trade in to get a PS3. But I really want a 60 or 80 GB for the PS2 backwards compatibility. None of my local BB's have 'em -- only the 40 GB like everywhere else.

I understand there's a MGS bundle coming out next month that will have the 80 GB, but I don't know if my local stores will get them. I also have NO patience and am going to have trouble waiting a month and a half to get my hands on one.

I had a mix of 16 360 and Wii games that would net $371 in credit at BB. So just out of curiousity I took the same games to GS -- along with GTA IV (360) which I was going to trade and rebuy just to get the extra 20% on all 16(17) games. Even WITH the extra 30% (20%+10% Edge) I would get about $256 for the same games (and that doesn't include the fact that I have to pay another $15 or so to buy back my copy of GTA IV). GS is pathetic.

Now...what to do...wait or live with a 40 GB.

[quote name='PATWRIK']As for me, I know I cover several different districts with in the LA area as well as the San Diego area. In my case, they don't bother me much when the pull up my account. When I first opened up the trading accounts, they questioned the addresses and I just told them that I live in SD / work in LA.

In San Diego, I have a little more problem with them looking at the address. I just tell them that I moved recently to the area.

Either way, I make it work for me. Oh, BTW, I'm rocking 3 different accounts so that probably helps as well. I don't know it happened, but I think it has to do with me living in different areas and just opening new accounts. For example, NorCal, AZ, San Diego.[/quote]

I've opened two accounts, but they all lead back to the same address because I am asked for an ID, and I guess it is traced back through that.

How do you do it, having three accounts?

I have four BB accounts, but not for trading. In 2001, the BBs near me made me open accounts to rent movies (linked to my old dorm building). So I have those two active accounts. Then they opened a BB where i stay during the summer(linked to my permanent address), so I opened one there because they needed people to join as members. Then I went off to a different school, they required me to open a new account because i was over 1000 miles from the old stores (linked to my current address).

I think I've only traded on my oldest account, though.... because really... most of the stores just wanted me to sign up a membership through their store, regardless of which I use.

I am curious as well. When I opened a second trading account, they saw that I already had an account at the first location. Didnt cause any problems since second one was actually closer to my house. However, multiple accounts at locations farther away would look very suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back