The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

This game is really so... wonderful. The emotions are present without being cliché or forced, the gameplay is solid old-school style... it's like the JRPG for people who are tired of all these 'new' JRPGs that have been trying to break from the mold for the past 8 years and in of themselves have become an overused staple.

Go for it, it's a good game.

I guess i can give it a try for 2 bucks, how difficult is it, when it comes to rpg i've been comfortable with ffx10, kingdom hearts 1 and 2, and jade empire.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']cdcovers.cc has some application that you download that will allow to get the covers in the exact size. Look at the top of the main page, kinda on the right side where it says "official cover printing software" and has a link to www.coverxp.com (or just use this link:lol:). Download the free software. I've used it before...just make sure to change the size options (I think it defaults to cd-size).[/quote]

Any type of mac software like this.

Tried to dump the HD DVD add-on today but it didn't come up with a TIV on the system so they probably aren't taking it for trade. The give $30 for it at GS, I was hoping for a bit more at GR.

Does Gamerush take games that don't include the case? I have a copy of Renegade Squadron but it was bundled with my PSP and comes in a little paper sleeve as well as a full sized instruction manual. Just asking if you guys know but I will check with them anyway if I can't get an answer.

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Can anyone on east coast check Soldier of Fortune (Xbox 360)? CC has it for $19.99...[/quote]

Just called, she said $34....Not sure if that is acturate or not...

[quote name='AndrewCP']Does Gamerush take games that don't include the case? I have a copy of Renegade Squadron but it was bundled with my PSP and comes in a little paper sleeve as well as a full sized instruction manual. Just asking if you guys know but I will check with them anyway if I can't get an answer.[/quote]

My store has several PSP games in the used isle without case or instructions. As a matter of fact I've seen a copy of Family Guy and Daxter in the paper sleaves they came in with the Daxter Silver bundle. This seems to be YMMV as some CAGs have been able to trade in game only and some haven't. Depends on the store and whether it's run by a prick manager.

I could've sworn I saw Soldiers of Fortune 360 for $34.99 at Blockbuster but maybe I'm confused.

Does anyone know if :360: Pimp My Ride still gets $19? That'd be a great flip at $7.50.

Well here is some trade prices to update on the wiki 2/17/08:

Beautiful Katamari Xbox 360 $22 (Up $3 from the $19 listed in the Wiki)
Pimp My Ride Xbox 360 $15
Virtua Tennis 3 Xbox 360 $15 (Down from the $19 that is in the wiki)
Madden 06 Xbox 360 $8
Eragon Xbox 360 $12 (To confirm that this is up from $7 because none of my local stores give extra credit so this is $12)

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Can anyone on east coast check Soldier of Fortune (Xbox 360)? CC has it for $19.99...[/QUOTE]

I saw it but it wasn't marked or anything because of this being on sale for two days they will just scan it and it should come up $19.99. It still had a $59.99 tag on it just like the only copy they had of Pimp My Ride at the store.

A message popped up on my acount to call corporate. Anyone else had to call the 800 number? They don't open until tomorrow, so I'll update then..... Oh yeah, I couldn't do any trade-ins.

Hey I new to flipping but sounds fun. I was able to get two worlds for xbox 360 the collector edition, But I already have a reg. copy of 2 worlds. Do you get more for special editions at Blockbuster/gamerush ?. Any idea how much Pirates of the caribbean (ps3) or SpiderMan 3 (xbox360) goes for. Final question. I was able to get Halo 3 Legenday Edition for 35.00 (brand spanking new) picked up 3 of them (will probaly keep one) What the best way to unload for profit ?

Well, I didn't get to that Blockbuster today. I forgot I had to help my daughter deliver Girl Scout cookies (we had the truck at our house delivering ALL of the cookies for the whole town yesterday so I should have known ;)).

Maybe tomorrow... As for the Wiki, someone else has to update as I still get errors every time I try.

actually I got 7 pimp my rides today and have 1 left, 3 different BB but it's a little more then 2x if you have the gamers card. It's much better then the Bigs which costed 17 and got you 32 which is less then 2x. as far as embarassment goes... Flipping period is embarassing/a pain because the people that work there have nothing better to do then try to protect BB.... as if they liked working there.

[quote name='io']OCCASIONALLY... But you have to jump on them. They lasted about a day last time. I got two sets of $75 gift cards. They only cost 750 points, too, which is awesome. So it is like I'd be getting Lost Odyssey for 600 Coke points. To put it in perspective when they have had games recently they had stuff like Open Season and Blazing Angels for 1000-1500 points. And before that, even when they had good games like Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario I think they were 1250. And most gift cards are 1250 points for $50. And even those, when they are for places like Best Buy, go fast.

But at least twice they've had $75 gift cards (you actually get 5 $15 GCs). The first time I only had enough for 1 set, and the second time I was able to snag 2. There are other CAGs who got 4 or 5 of them. I was only 40 points short of a third set :bomb:.

In any case, I plan on taking 4 of my cards to that Blockbuster tomorrow to pick up Lost Odyssey. I'd like to trade there for 2 reasons. For one, to make sure I'm not on a "trading hold" there (don't think I am as I traded there a week or so after finding out at the other stores - but you never know). And two, just because I haven't done it in a while and if I'm going to drive all the way up there I might as well do more than just spend the credit. But Pimp My Ride at only a 2x profit is not worth the hassle (and the embarassment of trading that game ;)). I do have a spare Bionicle Heroes that only cost me $4.20 at Kmart. I also have an extra Arcade Unplugged - I can't believe that's not on the Wiki![/quote]

[quote name='jmiller']Hey I new to flipping but sounds fun. I was able to get two worlds for xbox 360 the collector edition, But I already have a reg. copy of 2 worlds. Do you get more for special editions at Blockbuster/gamerush ?. Any idea how much Pirates of the caribbean (ps3) or SpiderMan 3 (xbox360) goes for. Final question. I was able to get Halo 3 Legenday Edition for 35.00 (brand spanking new) picked up 3 of them (will probaly keep one) What the best way to unload for profit ?[/quote]
First page has the link for TIV's, but those games aren't listed, i'd guess around 12-15 for Spidey and Pirates.

Halo 3 Legendary is COLD on ebay. Best bet would be to just ebay the helmet and bonus stuff for $25-30 , trade the game alone to Blockbuster for $28.50 as of 2/13.
I'd be interested in a helmet for a 'cheap ass gamer' price. My 4 year loves to play and shoot the snow. She's probably one of the only players that likes the Snowbound map. Yes, I mute the other players.
My 1(almost 2) year old can say "Halo" better than her own name.
Anyway, good luck, PM if you want to deal.

I forgot to mention earlier that Bioshock Xbox 360 is $34.99 Used so if your store has any copies because I got a copy today since I hadn't played it yet and have had many people recommend it to me.

I know that this isn't as good as $19.99 new from FYE but the nearest FYE to me is 15 miles away when GR is like 5.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Okay PS3 80gb cost me only 283 now! Whats the lowest anyone has gotten it for?[/quote]

60 gig for 150ish if you wanna throw gas into the mix, but congrats :applause:

got 60gig last month for around $140-150. got alot from the Monster Madness and MUA/Forza2 fun. then also gave my friend gas money to drive me to the Gamerush that was in Staten Island.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']60 gig for 150ish if you wanna throw gas into the mix, but congrats :applause:[/QUOTE]

60GB PS3 for $72 after tax and gas.

Flipped Pimp My Ride today.

Strangely at my store, they had a list of games that couldn't be traded in because they were "given to gamestop employees"...

The titles were the more popular flippers...

Forza 2 / MUA / Motorstorm / Bigs / HoV

They specifically stated that it was given to the gamestop employees for free... Then she asked me if I worked for GS since they denied my Forza / MUA.

Funny since it was me and my friend that flipped most of the Forza / MUA... =X Never mentioned anything about getting it for free... =/

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Flipped Pimp My Ride today.

Strangely at my store, they had a list of games that couldn't be traded in because they were "given to gamestop employees"...

The titles were the more popular flippers...

Forza 2 / MUA / Motorstorm / Bigs / HoV

They specifically stated that it was given to the gamestop employees for free... Then she asked me if I worked for GS since they denied my Forza / MUA.

Funny since it was me and my friend that flipped most of the Forza / MUA... =X Never mentioned anything about getting it for free... =/[/QUOTE]

Damn... I knew wearing my bright red Gamestop T-shirt while flipping all those Hour of Victorys was a bad idea.

[quote name='Chitown021']-$40 after gas. Yes that's right they paid ME to take a PS3. Yeah, that's the ticket! ;)[/quote]

damn! you beat me! :applause:

[quote name='Chitown021']-$40 after gas. Yes that's right they paid ME to take a PS3. Yeah, that's the ticket! ;)[/QUOTE]

-$500. I stole it then sold it.

heh thats priceless:lol:

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']How is that even possible, unless you sold the ps3 at a loss...[/quote]

[quote name='Chitown021']Damn Kunai that's why you're the king! :bow::D[/QUOTE]

Yes I am. Honestly, the best I got was with the 5/$25 coupon. Picked up 13 games for $70 after tax, flipped each for $40 after bonus (totalling $520 in credit), paid $486 for my PS3 after tax, cashed out the remaining $34 and filled up my tank.

It's been pretty slow on my end recently (due to moving mostly), but I still have $600 in giftcards I need to cash out. I'm going to be in Arizona in a month, and I'll probably pick up 100 giftcards at $9.99 then come back to So Cal and catch them out.

[quote name='djkunai']Yes I am. Honestly, the best I got was with the 5/$25 coupon. Picked up 13 games for $70 after tax, flipped each for $40 after bonus (totalling $520 in credit), paid $486 for my PS3 after tax, cashed out the remaining $34 and filled up my tank.

It's been pretty slow on my end recently (due to moving mostly), but I still have $600 in giftcards I need to cash out. I'm going to be in Arizona in a month, and I'll probably pick up 100 giftcards at $9.99 then come back to So Cal and catch them out.[/quote]

What do you mean by "cash out?"

[quote name='DarkRider23']What do you mean by "cash out?"[/quote]

In California, there's a new law that forces companies to give cash for unused credit on giftcards when the balance is less than $10. I purchase giftcards with low denominations, then go to another store and cash them out.

[quote name='DarkRider23']What do you mean by "cash out?"[/QUOTE]

New CA law whereby you can cash out gift cards under $10. Of course, as with everything DJKunai uses and abuses it ;). It is meant for little amounts left over after you purchase things so you aren't obligated to spend more than necessary to use up the last bit of your card. (Edit - of course he beats me to the punch as I write another extended post ;)).

Let's see, I don't have enough credit for a PS3, but the current running total of ALL of my GR/BB trades since March 2005 has netted me a 39% trade-in ratio. So were I to buy a PS3 of the $400 variety it would cost me $156. A $500 one (is that what 60GB cost now, I have no idea?) would run $195. Not too bad I guess, but I just don't need yet another system at this point so I might as well wait for a slim PS3 which we all know will happen eventually.

Of course, on that trade-in ratio I have done much better recently (since my GR went away) as I only bother with 3x or 4x trades - none of this Pimp My Ride BS which ain't worth it. But the average is held down by all the small profit or break-even trades I did back when they had the trade 2 get a preorder for $30 and trade 3 get any used game for $5 deals...

Hey! I like Pimp My Ride... =D

I have the Gamers Card so I get a little more... But there a numerous blockbusters and grs on my daily commute, otherwise many of the flips I do would just not be worth my time.

I am very surprised Kunai's stores allow him to cash out so many at one time... >_> I've never tried it as I suspect my stores to be very clueless, but nonetheless, I will try soon...

[quote name='djkunai']In California, there's a new law that forces companies to give cash for unused credit on giftcards when the balance is less than $10. I purchase giftcards with low denominations, then go to another store and cash them out.[/quote]

You lucky people>_

djkunai i remember that 5/$25 deal...i managed to score about 30 games...and definitely made about $30+ profit on EACH of them. Man...if only that would happen again...it would be AMAZING...sure glad i took advantage of it when it happened cuz i know it shut down IMMEDIATELY the next day at around noon o_O but you are damn GOOD man. I only WISH i lived in cali so i could take advantage of THAT law/deal :whistle2:D

I picked up a 60GB PS3 on Saturday using my credit. I mainly moved GS credit to BB and traded in games that I picked up on clearance and already beat. Never thought I would buy a PS3, but can't beat a FreePS3 :)

:360: Pimp My Ride $7.50 at Circuit City, $15 credit at Blockbuster/Game Rush.

I had a questions about usage of credit. I know years ago if you were using store credit you didn't pay tax, do they still do that? Depends on state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back