The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

Bought Viva Pinata Party Animals at Target for $7.48, traded it to Blockbuster for $15 (value already been reported and may go down tomorrow). Used the credit to get Stuntman Ignition (360) for $14.99 used. I figure if I don't like it, I only *really* spent like $8 on it. Just thought I'd mention that b/c my other local BB still had it tagged at $19.99 used (yet the new copy was the same price.... goons).

Anybody wanna bet (just a gentlemen's bet of course) on whether BB will get Okami tomorrow or if I'll have to wait til Friday? My guess is Friday. =(

Edit: I just played Stuntman Ignition and I actually think its pretty fun. If repetition bothers you, then stay away.... but its kinda fun trying to hit the stunts perfectly.

[quote name='stoned99']I could not find a single copy of that within a 10 mile radius on Friday, that's what I get for living in the oh-so-white Orange County...:lol:[/quote]
I know what you mean. What's the deal with none of the NBA 07s having cover art? One GS even had a "New" NBA 07 without cover art. WTF?:roll:

Almost forgot to mention, I've to a few TIVs;

Untold Legends: DA $16
NBA2K7: $13
The Orange Box: $36

As you can see Untold Legends and NBA 2K7 aren't really good flips. One important thing that I should point out, the XBox 360 version of The Orange Box is selling for $39.99. I don't know quite how that affects the TIV of the PS3 version, but being that today is dump day..."if you got 'em, smoke 'em."

[quote name='mkernan']Bought Viva Pinata Party Animals at Target for $7.48, traded it to Blockbuster for $15 (value already been reported and may go down tomorrow). Used the credit to get Stuntman Ignition (360) for $14.99 used. I figure if I don't like it, I only *really* spent like $8 on it. Just thought I'd mention that b/c my other local BB still had it tagged at $19.99 used (yet the new copy was the same price.... goons).

Anybody wanna bet (just a gentlemen's bet of course) on whether BB will get Okami tomorrow or if I'll have to wait til Friday? My guess is Friday. =([/quote]

Mine have had a slew of Okami lately. $24.99, which seems hard to beat tehse days if you find a good copy with the manual and no scratches.

[quote name='honkymagoo']Mine have had a slew of Okami lately. $24.99, which seems hard to beat tehse days if you find a good copy with the manual and no scratches.[/quote]

I think mkernan is looking for the :wii: version of Okami which comes out this week. I'm waiting for that too. :)

I am going to be ALL OVER Okami if they have it this week, about to go do the genji/nba flip to get it and have ot not affect my giftcard balance lol.

[quote name='whymustiregister']I think mkernan is looking for the :wii: version of Okami which comes out this week. I'm waiting for that too. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry, I meant the Wii version (release date is tomorrow). I've held out this long, figured I'd just get the Wii version.

Just got back...

Traded:
Chromehounds: $6

Picked up
Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (used-360): $15
Stuntman (used-360): $15

Noticed some other recent used price drops (if you've been paying attention to this thread, you should be able to figure out their TIVs - all 360)

Fantastic 4: RotSS now SELLS for $15
DOA4 now SELLS for $20
Vampire Rain now SELLS for $20
Far Cry now SELLS for $20
Soldier of Fortune now SELLS for $25 (? - another was tagged at $30)
Lost Planet now SELLS for $20

I remember some others but I'm not sure how recent their drops were.

Also noticed they cleared outr the entire used X-box and new games section to make way for what seems to be a blue-ray rental section (seemed empty at the moment). Now their new games section consists of a handful of games in a glass case in the Gamerush counter.

Just got back from flipping a couple Genjis and a Nba07, hopefully these don't drop tomorrow I still have the 3 BBs next to my girlfriends place to hit up :)

Anyone know if they sell used systems at GameRush? After all ive heard about Lost Odyssey I think its time to take the risk on a 360, and I've never really looked for used systems at GR. Thanks

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just got back from flipping a couple Genjis and a Nba07, hopefully these don't drop tomorrow I still have the 3 BBs next to my girlfriends place to hit up :)

Anyone know if they sell used systems at GameRush? After all ive heard about Lost Odyssey I think its time to take the risk on a 360, and I've never really looked for used systems at GR. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they sell used systems... but only if somebody has traded one in there, and I seldom see used systems at my two stores.

[quote name='stoned99']I could not find a single copy of that within a 10 mile radius on Friday, that's what I get for living in the oh-so-white Orange County...:lol:[/quote]

Cuz I bought them all...*Evil*Laugh*

Not really, but I could not find any in the Long Beach area either.

I know San Diego GS have a grip of them. If they prices hold tommorrow, I might make a special trip down there to visit the family and do some flipping.

On another note, most of my BB's have been resetting their stores for a BluRay section within the store. Only if they have cheap BRays to purchase as well.

I bought NBA 07 and MLB 07, and traded them along with Children of Mana. Here are the values:

Children of Mana (DS): $8
NBA 07 (PS3): $20
MLB (PS3): $20

And although I didn't trade it for reasons listed below, here's the TIV for...

Kirby Canvas Course (DS): $4

With tax, I made $51.36 by only spending $21.43 at Gamestop (of course, I already owned Children of Mana, so I guess you could say I made $43.36). I would've grabbed another copy of NBA 07 at GameStop, but it didn't have the right cover. However, I was able to get it on a gift card after all with no problem whatsoever (even got the manager to help at one point, so it was legit). That means I have a total of about $91. I didn't use it on GTA 4 just yet in case I find some other deals.

I tried trading in Kirby Canvas Course, but they would only give $4, and when I tried to trade in Mario Kart DS, it didn't even have a barcode on the back. So, does anyone want to buy either game? :p

Well, since it's dump day I traded in my 2 MLB'07 games for $20 apiece at two different Blockbusters. When I was at the second store I saw Resistance for sale right before my eyes. There went my $40 in trade credit! (the purchase amounted to $39.99 plus tax)

I had been looking for Resistance but never seemed to be able to find it. One of the employees told me that this wasn't one of their rental copies, but a trade-in. Needless to say, I believe I was pretty lucky to find it.

I am hoping that Blockbuster location gets a Dual Shock 3 tomorrow in their shipment. I was told by the employee there that they are expecting a BIG videogame accessory shipment either tomorrow or next Tuesday. That would totally make my week!

Steve

Did 2 sets of nba 07 and genji along with a leftover F1 from target. $210 now... almost enough for another Wii to sell on craigslist. I already paid for GTA IV and MKW, so nothing else for me until MSG, as I have at least 4 other games that I haven't even finished... If prices hold, 2 more sets of nba and genji are in order for wed...

how much is are these trading in for on PS3?
Lair
Simpsons Game

Blockbusters here are so limited on PS3 games, some games I saw were Viking, the Club, can't recall the rest

[quote name='ave1']Well, since it's dump day I traded in my 2 MLB'07 games for $20 apiece at two different Blockbusters. When I was at the second store I saw Resistance for sale right before my eyes. There went my $40 in trade credit! (the purchase amounted to $39.99 plus tax)

I had been looking for Resistance but never seemed to be able to find it. One of the employees told me that this wasn't one of their rental copies, but a trade-in. Needless to say, I believe I was pretty lucky to find it.

I am hoping that Blockbuster location gets a Dual Shock 3 tomorrow in their shipment. I was told by the employee there that they are expecting a BIG videogame accessory shipment either tomorrow or next Tuesday. That would totally make my week!

Steve[/quote]

I picked up Resistence for $19 @ MicroCenter last week w/ the $10 off coupon.. I felt pretty lucky, went there on a whim and freaked out when I saw it for $30, I had been waiting to get the game ever since I got my shiny new PS3...

[quote name='Karuto']I bought NBA 07 and MLB 07, and traded them along with Children of Mana. Here are the values:

Children of Mana (DS): $8
NBA 07 (PS3): $20
MLB (PS3): $20

And although I didn't trade it for reasons listed below, here's the TIV for...

Kirby Canvas Course (DS): $4

With tax, I made $51.36 by only spending $21.43 at Gamestop (of course, I already owned Children of Mana, so I guess you could say I made $43.36). I would've grabbed another copy of NBA 07 at GameStop, but it didn't have the right cover. However, I was able to get it on a gift card after all with no problem whatsoever (even got the manager to help at one point, so it was legit). That means I have a total of about $91. I didn't use it on GTA 4 just yet in case I find some other deals.

I tried trading in Kirby Canvas Course, but they would only give $4, and when I tried to trade in Mario Kart DS, it didn't even have a barcode on the back. So, does anyone want to buy either game? :p[/QUOTE]
Mario Kart DS -should- get $20 at Gamestop - it was on their featured values for quite awhile. That was the value two weeks ago when I matched it at GameCrazy. If all else fails, The Cover Project has artwork for it in case they give you trouble.

I just called my local stores and these all seem to have held (all PS3, except VP:pP):

F1 Champ. - 26
Genji - 26
NBA 07 - 20
Viva Pinata Party Animals - 15

Oh yeah, just to let you guys know, my store has started to rent Nintendo DS games, so it's definitely becoming much more widespread since I'm located in a small college town in Iowa. ;)

They also have a much wider spread of Bluray movies to purchase, and even some pre-owned ones as well. Here's to hoping a Wii comes in. I may hold off on GTA4 or MGS4 if they announce it beforehand. Either that, or find more ways to make credit.

Aside from Smash Bros, are there any other games at BB that make a good flip to GameStop so I can stop using real-life money to buy games and flip using credit to credit?

Heh, I was actually able to see the screen today at a local BB I always trade at (one that even takes multiple copies on a regular basis), and there was a big, flashing, "DO NOT LET THIS PERSON TRADE" but they ignored it and didn't even mention it.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Aside from Smash Bros, are there any other games at BB that make a good flip to GameStop so I can stop using real-life money to buy games and flip using credit to credit?[/quote]

I tried buying copies of Brawl, Mario Galaxy, and used copies of Super Paper Mario to get half-decent GS credit back. SPM bought for $35 used and traded for something like $14-$15 - the other two values are listed on the website ($35 for Brawl, $27 for Mario Galaxy). SPM, SSBB, and SMG together traded for close to $100 with Edge and 20% bonus for 3+ Wii games, with a BB/GR cost of about $135. Sure, it's only 75 cents on the dollar, but I couldn't find a way to do much better.

I also tried Zelda: Phantom Hourglass to get some GS credit back, though the ratio was pretty bad (buying used, it was only about 65 cents on the dollar - I thought Zelda's trade value was $20, not $17). Still, that GS credit can always turn into even more BB/GR credit eventually.

Okay, so after mentioning the dismantling of Gamerush's new games sectiopn in my earlier post, I'm starting to get a little bit curious. They used to have about 200 or so individual units viewable from a glass cased shelf in one of the isles, lots of new releases from the past five or six months and even a few scattered older titles (like Perfect Dark Zero!). Now all they have is a small case set in the Gamerush counter with only a few boxes of Condemned 2, Vikings, and Dark Sector on display.

I need to know if there are reports of the same setup starting to happen in other stores. If so, how do they expect to sell their inventory of non-used titles (I mean, it's rather doubtful that someone is going to walk in and ask for a new copy of Perfect Dark Zero...) So if this is going on in other stores, could it be a sign of.... an upcoming clearance sale ( :pray: ); the kind we've been seeing annually for new games as far as two years back? Someone's got to know something....

[quote name='falcon815']I tried buying copies of Brawl, Mario Galaxy, and used copies of Super Paper Mario to get half-decent GS credit back. SPM bought for $35 used and traded for something like $14-$15 - the other two values are listed on the website ($35 for Brawl, $27 for Mario Galaxy). SPM, SSBB, and SMG together traded for close to $100 with Edge and 20% bonus for 3+ Wii games, with a BB/GR cost of about $135. Sure, it's only 75 cents on the dollar, but I couldn't find a way to do much better.

I also tried Zelda: Phantom Hourglass to get some GS credit back, though the ratio was pretty bad (buying used, it was only about 65 cents on the dollar - I thought Zelda's trade value was $20, not $17). Still, that GS credit can always turn into even more BB/GR credit eventually.[/quote]

Hmm...looks like I'll be trading my personal Brawl and SMG + a Brawl from BB to go for the +20%. That should be $97 * 1.3 = $127; SMG and Brawl both sell for $45 used, so less Edge and the omnipresent 10% off coupon, I should be able to buy back two of my games for $72 + tax; netting me with $48 for that Brawl that cost $55 in credit, an 87% ratio...but if I'm grabbing games that flip for on average 75% more, that quickly becomes 1.53x -- and that assumes that I'm holding on to that $80 in credit that those games cost, and not turning it into BB credit immediately.

Also, I don't necessarily need three games -- just PowerTrading and cancel preorders.

By the way, did our star players Genji, NBA 07, Overlord, or anything else drop today?

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Aside from Smash Bros, are there any other games at BB that make a good flip to GameStop so I can stop using real-life money to buy games and flip using credit to credit?

Heh, I was actually able to see the screen today at a local BB I always trade at (one that even takes multiple copies on a regular basis), and there was a big, flashing, "DO NOT LET THIS PERSON TRADE" but they ignored it and didn't even mention it.[/quote]
That's funny, i'm always wondering what the screen says when account info is pulled up. I know i have a warning at one store but had no problem flipping the other day.
It seems the clerks are always reading something waiting for the inevitalbe, "DO NOT LET THIS PERSON TRADE" to show up on mine.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']
By the way, did our star players Genji, NBA 07, Overlord, or anything else drop today?[/QUOTE]

Dude, I just posted like 5 posts ago.... granted its one page back, but c'mon.....

Called two stores, asking two games each. Go back a page to see it.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Hmm...looks like I'll be trading my personal Brawl and SMG + a Brawl from BB to go for the +20%. That should be $97 * 1.3 = $127; SMG and Brawl both sell for $45 used, so less Edge and the omnipresent 10% off coupon, I should be able to buy back two of my games for $72 + tax; netting me with $48 for that Brawl that cost $55 in credit, an 87% ratio...but if I'm grabbing games that flip for on average 75% more, that quickly becomes 1.53x -- and that assumes that I'm holding on to that $80 in credit that those games cost, and not turning it into BB credit immediately.

Also, I don't necessarily need three games -- just PowerTrading and cancel preorders.

By the way, did our star players Genji, NBA 07, Overlord, or anything else drop today?[/quote]

I've been considering this flip, my local store will allow me to trade 3 at a time of SSBB, and I have just about depleted all local BB's. It's a small profit buying and reselling to GS, but I may bite.

Overlord likely dropped today. I had one CSR yesterday laugh when he saw that the buy-back price was $28.50, but the used price was going to be $15. So, I imagine it's down in the $8-$9 range now.

[quote name='falcon815']Overlord likely dropped today. I had one CSR yesterday laugh when he saw that the buy-back price was $28.50, but the used price was going to be $15. So, I imagine it's down in the $8-$9 range now.[/quote]

Oh, dammit. I hope its still going for something decent or that I can find my receipt -- at least its still 1000 points on goozex. Or maybe I can flip it into, yknow, actual cash on Amazon or something.

[quote name='mkernan']I just called my local stores and these all seem to have held (all PS3, except VP:pP):

F1 Champ. - 26
Genji - 26
NBA 07 - 20
Viva Pinata Party Animals - 15[/quote]

Yay for Genji and Nba :)

[quote name='falcon815']Overlord likely dropped today. I had one CSR yesterday laugh when he saw that the buy-back price was $28.50, but the used price was going to be $15. So, I imagine it's down in the $8-$9 range now.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I might use some BB credit to actually buy a used copy of Overlord for myself.... if I can find one in good shape.

Fun info:

1) Stores are no longer taking pre-orders for Mario Kart. Nintendo cannot make the steering wheel controllers fast enough, so they have just enough to fulfill current pre-orders, but no more. I don't know if this is just a BBV thing or if it's a problem everywhere.

2) As stated earlier by someone else, BBV will start taking preorders on a lot more games in the near future (probably right after GTA 4 comes out). Expect a list of at least 10-15 games to select from that'll be guaranteed to be delivered (none of those issues from past years where pre-ordered games would not even be ordered).

3) Stores will being receiving systems of all sorts for sale (PS3, Wii, DS, 360). The PS3 will definitely be bundled for 499.99 (not sure what's in the bundle yet). All the stores in our area have 3 PS3's, 2 Wii's, and 3 NDS's on order. So we should be getting all of those within 30 days. Don't know whether the other systems will be bundled.

4) All stores will be carrying NDS game rentals starting this week (supposedly).

5) All stores should be carrying Blu-ray by the end of May.

I traded in Jericho and Folklore yesterday around 10 pm, I think I ran into the manager or something, don't know if he was being lazy they said they usally don't do trade ins during the night? :^oThere are no gamerushes around here, but he went ahead and took them in anyway

[quote name='stoned99']I've been considering this flip, my local store will allow me to trade 3 at a time of SSBB, and I have just about depleted all local BB's. It's a small profit buying and reselling to GS, but I may bite.[/quote]

Explain how this works again... What is the 1.3 and the 1.53 ratio you are talking about? I don't have an edge card, will that matter much? And isn't the power trade just for pre-orders and don't you have to put down $5 minimum on pre-orders? I have a copy of SMG and SSBB of my own and I could easily get a few copies of SSBB w/ the credit I have now. What else do I have to do?

[quote name='Warner1281']
2) As stated earlier by someone else, BBV will start taking preorders on a lot more games in the near future (probably right after GTA 4 comes out). Expect a list of at least 10-15 games to select from that'll be guaranteed to be delivered (none of those issues from past years where pre-ordered games would not even be ordered).
[/QUOTE]

I noticed a rack yesterday full of black and white pre-order "slips" of some sort. Didn't care to look at it in detail, though. I wonder if SW: The Force Unleashed will be an option.

Scooped up the last NBA 07 at GS earlier and traded it in still getting $20.

Also don't know if its new or not (new at my store atleast) but when I was checking out the guy infront of me was renting a 360 game and they asked if he wanted to buy some Microsoft points they just got them in and were stickering them up.

[quote name='Warner1281']Fun info:

1) Stores are no longer taking pre-orders for Mario Kart. Nintendo cannot make the steering wheel controllers fast enough, so they have just enough to fulfill current pre-orders, but no more. I don't know if this is just a BBV thing or if it's a problem everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Weird.... I just put in my pre-order like 30 minutes ago and they didn't make any mention of that.

[quote name='mkernan']Hmm, I might use some BB credit to actually buy a used copy of Overlord for myself.... if I can find one in good shape.[/quote]

Just picked up a copy for 15$, that is just so sweet, i traded it in yesterday and bought it back today for 1/2 what I traded it for :)

For the previous poster who asked about SSBB, the trade in for SSBB at GS is 45... If you have the edge card and you trade it in with 2 other 360/ps3/wii games.

You are selling at a loss from GR to GS, but when you figure how much the 50$ + tax game bought from GR cost you in actual cash spent to credit earned then that's when ppl start quoting ratio's. I have no clue what my ratio is as I'm willing to trade items that earn as little as 30% profit, but I would guess that each copy of SSSB cost me between 30-35$.

Why trade them to GS, well thats the fun part, once the credit is at GS, it 's very easy to use credit + promotions (like this weeks 25% off PS3, or Overlord) to make even more profit in reverse, selling the GS games back to GR.

This can be repeated indefinetly until either

a) no more games / deals allowing swap between GS and GR
b) credit is used up at either GR or GS, which requires a cash injection to restart the process.

The window of oppurtunity for each game is about a week, some last longer but GR unpreditably drop their trade prices on Tuesday morning, so keeping an item after monday is very risky. Thus Monday is dump day :)

[quote name='AK50']Scooped up the last NBA 07 at GS earlier and traded it in still getting $20.

Also don't know if its new or not (new at my store atleast) but when I was checking out the guy infront of me was renting a 360 game and they asked if he wanted to buy some Microsoft points they just got them in and were stickering them up.[/quote]

Did you know that Microsoft Points can be used to buy music on the Zune site, for those iTunes haters amongst us (I hate iTunes, those nazi bastards!!), this offers a good alternative... You could use that nice shiny Zune you bought at Target on Clearance this week... You did buy the 30-50% of 30 gig Zunes didn't you :) :)

[quote name='mkernan']Weird.... I just put in my pre-order like 30 minutes ago and they didn't make any mention of that.[/quote]

Just make sure you are there early enough so you're not the one who doesn't get the game.

Is that NBA 2K7 for PS3 trading in for 20? I don't see another NBA title on Gamestops site. I almost have enough to pay for GTA 4

[quote name='Warner1281']Just make sure you are there early enough so you're not the one who doesn't get the game.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I will be.... my stores are open til 1am on the weekend, so I might pick it up at midnight. First thing that Sunday morning if not.

To those that have played Overlord: is it worth $15 bb credit? (not that $15 credit cost much real-world money)

[quote name='CaoPi']Is that NBA 2K7 for PS3 trading in for 20? I don't see another NBA title on Gamestops site. I almost have enough to pay for GTA 4[/QUOTE]

Nope, NBA 07:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=63776

You have to make sure you click 'show backordered items' or whatever at the bottom of a results page. Then the site will show things you can't order online (like used games that aren't in stock for online orders).

[quote name='mkernan']Oh, I will be.... my stores are open til 1am on the weekend, so I might pick it up at midnight. First thing that Sunday morning if not.

To those that have played Overlord: is it worth $15 bb credit? (not that $15 credit cost much real-world money)[/quote]

Yes 100% worth it

[quote name='mkernan']Oh, I will be.... my stores are open til 1am on the weekend, so I might pick it up at midnight. First thing that Sunday morning if not.

[/quote]

so they're getting the games earlier than the usual friday after release date?

[quote name='stoned99']Just picked up a copy for 15$, that is just so sweet, i traded it in yesterday and bought it back today for 1/2 what I traded it for :)

For the previous poster who asked about SSBB, the trade in for SSBB at GS is 45... If you have the edge card and you trade it in with 2 other 360/ps3/wii games.

You are selling at a loss from GR to GS, but when you figure how much the 50$ + tax game bought from GR cost you in actual cash spent to credit earned then that's when ppl start quoting ratio's. I have no clue what my ratio is as I'm willing to trade items that earn as little as 30% profit, but I would guess that each copy of SSSB cost me between 30-35$.

Why trade them to GS, well thats the fun part, once the credit is at GS, it 's very easy to use credit + promotions (like this weeks 25% off PS3, or Overlord) to make even more profit in reverse, selling the GS games back to GR.

This can be repeated indefinetly until either

b) credit is used up at either GR or GS, which requires a cash injection to restart the process.

The window of oppurtunity for each game is about a week, some last longer but GR unpreditably drop their trade prices on Tuesday morning, so keeping an item after monday is very risky. Thus Monday is dump day :)[/quote]How do you avoid the $5 pre-order charges for the 20% Power Trades though?

[quote name='stoned99']Did you know that Microsoft Points can be used to buy music on the Zune site, for those iTunes haters amongst us (I hate iTunes, those nazi bastards!!), this offers a good alternative... You could use that nice shiny Zune you bought at Target on Clearance this week... You did buy the 30-50% of 30 gig Zunes didn't you :) :)[/quote]

Hmm that's good to know, thanks. I was just eyeing the 8GB Zune at GS (no 80GBs in my area) recently while flipping back some SSBB copies from GR. No Targets around me (yet). I'm not a fan of downloaded music, I still prefer CDs, but for those occasional singles it would be nice to grab them for ~1/2 price.

Alas, all that GS credit disappeared again by picking up 2 :wii:s. Just happened to stop by GS last night right before closing to trade in 3 more copies and they had it in stock. Went back this morning at opening to grab another. The clerk wouldn't take 3 copies (at once for the bonus) so I had to pay for half out of pocket. Oh well, at least I'll make a couple more families happy. I sell them to friends at cost, for their friends or relatives.

[quote name='runpuddrun']How do you avoid the $5 pre-order charges for the 20% Power Trades though?[/quote]

The deal is not a preorder deal, it's a trade 3 deal.

Just out of curiosity, You did know that you can cancel preorders for a full refund.

[quote name='Troblin']Anyone know if Overlord trade-in held at 28.50?

I still have a copy i need to return/flip[/quote]

I was in a store yesterday that was sellling them for $14.99, so probably not.

[quote name='Warner1281']Fun info:

1) Stores are no longer taking pre-orders for Mario Kart. Nintendo cannot make the steering wheel controllers fast enough, so they have just enough to fulfill current pre-orders, but no more. I don't know if this is just a BBV thing or if it's a problem everywhere.

2) As stated earlier by someone else, BBV will start taking preorders on a lot more games in the near future (probably right after GTA 4 comes out). Expect a list of at least 10-15 games to select from that'll be guaranteed to be delivered (none of those issues from past years where pre-ordered games would not even be ordered).[/QUOTE]

That sounds good in theory but as you noted later since some stores are still taking Mario Kart preorders they may very well end up being short despite whatever "guarantee" they might have :lol:. At least they recognize some of the previous issues (not even ordering games that people preordered). Needless to say I'll be picking up my Mario Kart preorder as soon as they open on release day (is it a Sunday again like with Brawl)? I don't know of any Blockbuster stores open till midnight any more (most close at 10 around here, even on Fri/Sat), so no midnight release I assume.

[quote name='stoned99']Just picked up a copy for 15$, that is just so sweet, i traded it in yesterday and bought it back today for 1/2 what I traded it for :)[/quote]

Sweet - I may go back to the Blockbuster I traded my mint GS copy in at and pick it back up again!

[quote name='stoned99']This can be repeated indefinetly until either

b) credit is used up at either GR or GS, which requires a cash injection to restart the process.[/QUOTE]

You forgot c) you get banned for excessive trading ;)

[quote name='stoned99']The deal is not a preorder deal, it's a trade 3 deal.

Just out of curiosity, You did know that you can cancel preorders for a full refund.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me, I have a full $50 preorder for Brawl at a Gamestop (from the trade 2 Wii games promo last summer) that I never picked up (since Blockbuster came through for me on that one) - need to cancel that puppy and get my credit back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back