The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='JJSP']Hit up a few more Targets tonight...

:360: Stranglehold $7.5x -> $19
:ps3: Orange Box $14.98 -> $36

I bought two copies of Stranglehold and six copies of Orange Box.:whistle2:#[/quote]

JJSP you make me so mad! I went searching targets in socal this morning at 8am because of your previous posts and wasted my time and now this. Grrr

I had a good run going to gamestop today.

BTW on the photo, it has popups just as a warning. I don't know to direct link to the photo.

Tomorrow is my flip day. WOOT WOOT! Hopefully come up on some Wiis.

BTW, as for that accounts, I think it was just a freak accident. I noticed it when I started picking up BBV membership cards at each store. I initially setup trade accounts at each location using my ID as their way of pulling up my account from their server. When they did that, I also asked for a replacement membership card. I started using each store specific card for each location, for example, Valley View card for the Valley View store.

Then one day I only had one membership card on me during a flip day, which was a card I picked up in San Diego. Some locations were able to pull the trade account just fine and others wanted me to setup a new one.

From that week on, I started cycling cards from each location at different stores and noticed that I had 4 different accounts working for me.

Keep in mind, each location has a different address associated with it as well using the "I live in San Diego, but I work up here periodically," which is somewhat true.

I think I may be. But hey, when you have the opportunity to get all your future purchases at 50-60% off (cash to credit value), why not go for it. I've got better things that I really have no choice but to pay full price for, such as gas and food. I can only hope that my Blockbuster gets Amazon gift cards so I can go on Amazon and buy groceries and gas cards. You can always easily turn your credit to cash. Wii's have been selling really well on ebay, so you could always buy a bunch of Wii's for $250 credit each (which probably only costs you $125-150 cash) and sell it for $300+. DS Lite's are always a hot seller too.

I can only imagine how much credit Kunai has.

[quote name='Bezerker']I can only imagine how much credit Kunai has.[/QUOTE]
You should see his house, there's games all over the place.

[quote name='Bezerker'] Wii's have been selling really well on ebay, so you could always buy a bunch of Wii's for $250 credit each (which probably only costs you $125-150 cash) and sell it for $300+. [/QUOTE]

Is this really still the case? Besides my BB having them for over a week now, the Gamestop in the Mall that I went to to pick up a couple of games to flip (and passed when I found out my Edge card had expired) had a big sign saying Wiis were available. And it seems all the big box retailers have been getting them in by the ton. I remember checking a few weeks ago and it seemed you'd be lucky to hit $260 or so and with the higher eBay fees that hardly seemed worth it. Yeah, that's fine to cash out Blockbuster credit but the risk of selling, to me, hardly makes it worth all the trouble needed to go through to get that discounted credit.

Anyway, I wouldn't go through all this trouble just to make a bit of money. I have done it in the past because of what you said about getting 50-60% off of game purchases. But these people with 10-30 copies of single games... I dunno, just seems excessive to me ;). I always thought I went overboard when I traded 5 or 6 clearance games within a few days.

In any case, I still have tons of credit so building it up from this GS sale seems pointless. Then I would just have even more Value Cards sitting in a drawer. My problem with getting too much credit is that I still don't want to buy games at Blockbuster because it means $50 or $60 when I'd normally just wait for those to drop to $20 or less via clearances. Case in point: just got Simpsons for $12.48 from Target a week ago. There are exceptions of course (SSBB, Mario Kart) but I don't see too many more like that on the horizon (almost no 360 games are worth paying $60 to me since they all drop fairly quickly - my one exception was Lost Odyssey). So even the 50-60% off game argument has limited viability. Also, I've never seen them sell DS Lites. I could actually USE a new one so I wish they did have them. Wierd that they would start selling 360's and Wii's but not DS's. Also, it would be great if they'd sell some DS games besides Phantom Hourglass - I might use my credit on those since future drops are less significant. (I'm talking non-GR here of course).

[quote name='io']You people are insane. I mean it![/QUOTE]

I second this notion. I can't believe you guys have all this money to get those many copies of games. I can understand the reasoning though but still. The kunai effect has spread to many more members it seems.

Edit: Seems Nintendo was stocking up for a counterattack against the GTA4 release date. Every GS, Bestbuy, CC, TRU and walmart that I have visited has them in stock and of course every one is buying them because they are being told this is the only time they can buy them which is I'm sure BS.

[quote name='Draknight']I second this notion. I can't believe you guys have all this money to get those many copies of games. I can understand the reasoning though but still. [/quote]

$600 of the money I spent was from the govt stimulus refund. Sure I could have put it towards the rent, food, gas, etc. But they say you've got to spend money to make money. If I choose to keep my credit at BB, I wont have to pay retail for a game for quite a long time.

Serious question.
Guys, do your wives actuallly approve of this? Yea, youre turning $500 into $1000, but youre still spending $500 on video games!

[quote name='asthmatic']Serious question.
Guys, do your wives actuallly approve of this? Yea, youre turning $500 into $1000, but youre still spending $500 on video games![/quote]
To be honest, my girlfriend is just as much (if not more so) a gamer as I am. She's all for it, and to her, she'd rather me pick up games on cheap credit than at full retail. Rock Band was a lot easier to stomach at $35 than $170 (thank you, Monster Madness!). I zeroed out my last value card on GTAIV, and have turned a little over $120 cash into about $320 credit in a few days. I'll probably cash out most of that by reselling a system and save some for Wii Fit.

I'm on the border of three different BB districts as well - it makes trading a little easier. Not gonna lie, I feel a little guilty trading in a bunch of games that may or may not sell (I don't think The Orange Box will be one of those - the BB here doesn't even rent it, let alone sell it), but a few rounds of a $20 Smash Brothers makes things alright.

I have no idea how Kunai does it. I just don't have the capital or the time to be that hardcore.

Anyone think something better will come along during the month of May?

I know there's the various Target clearance games and the b2g1 free. I'm looking to buy a God of War psp bundle in June and am wondering if I should get out today and stock up or if it might not kill me to wait.

You can wait and see if you want. Pretty much all the good deals come via the 25% coupons or deals like the b2g1 sale. Sometimes it hits a lull in between coupons where there isn't really anything great to flip.

There is always clearance titles to fall back on but thats always a ymmv so it all depends.

As of right now though this is as good as it gets. Your getting about 2x flip value.

Guys, do your wives actuallly approve of this? Yea, youre turning $500 into $1000, but youre still spending $500 on video games![/quote]

Better than spending 1000$ on Makeup or Shoes. If you're wife doesn't let you play video games, you need a new wife!!

I'm only 23, so a bit too early for the ball & chain. I can understand where you are coming from. But if you're in a situation where you are financially stable, whats $500 for an investment that pays off two fold guaranteed? Its a lot better than the stock market. There are hundreds of people at the place I work that bought at least 20 shares of stock when it was $30 a share, and now its only worth $5 a share. Needless to say, I don't think their wives/husbands approve of that investment anymore.

I try to keep a balance to what i spend to flip and what I actually keep for myself.
this week is a good week for flipping and Blockbuster having Wii's in stock.
So wife doesn't mind as long as what I put back after selling is more than what I laid out to buy the games.
Bills get paid and I get more STUFF.

[quote name='livingshadows']Ah, if only blockbuster was like amc theaters, where you can turn gift cards into cash(or at least in my state you can)[/QUOTE]

You can in California but the amount has to be less than $10 on the Gift Card.

Guys, do your wives actuallly approve of this? Yea, youre turning $500 into $1000, but youre still spending $500 on video games![/QUOTE]

I normally keep a cap of a few hundred dollars to do what I want with after I pay all of my bills so I take that to spend on flipping or buying games out right every now and then. Even though I have the funds to be on a Kunai level I just am smart enough to do it on a small scale to be able to buy stuff I want here and there.

Bought yesterday:

Assassin's Creed PS3 & Xbox 360
2x Stranglehold PS3
Sega Rally Evo PS3
Fatal Inertia Xbox 360

Bought myself another 12 Month Xbox Live Card so now I have Xbox Live until September 09 (Account didn't originally end until August but just wanted to have it for now). I had my first two years of Live with old original Xbox 12 month cards that I got on clearance for $17 each. So, I have been able thanks to BB/GR to have Xbox Live for 3 years for what it costs for a 1 year card.

Bought today and went straight to BB:

Fatal Intertia - 35 TIV
Stranglehold LE 360 - 35 TIV
Ridge Racer 7 - for me

May go for a History Channel + Stranglehold LE PS3 + Assassin's Creed 360 tomorrow. I should've just bought them today.

I have to agree with you here, that would never fly for me. However, if I can turn $500 cash into $1000 credit and pickup 2 Wii's that I can turn around and sell for $250 each, then I am back to zero with out of pocket cost and now have $500 in credit.

That is an "extreme" version, but it is basically how I have supported my gaming habit for years. 360, PS3, Wii, 2 DS's...almost at zero out of pocket.

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm only 23, so a bit too early for the ball & chain. I can understand where you are coming from. But if you're in a situation where you are financially stable, whats $500 for an investment that pays off two fold guaranteed? [/QUOTE]

Heck, I got married when I was 24. In any case, you guys are overlooking an important point. It isn't necessarily the money but the time. My wife could care less how much money I spend on all this as she knows I get stuff cheap (or free after selling other things as h2dk mentions - I used to preorder 2 copies of most games at GR when they had the $30 deal and sell one on eBay to cover the other). The big problem she has with it is the time I spend running around to stores (meaning less time with the kids, etc) and that is the main reason I have been cutting back. Well, for one thing I'm getting hammered with a work project right now (have about 100 hours of work to do before next Friday - this in itself has pretty much made me sit out the B2G1 flipping opportunity - good news is I may be getting a bit of overtime for it which is WAY more worth it than any flipping I could do ;)). But on top of that if I disappear for 4-5 hours to do flipping runs/clearance game hunting/penny guide buying any more than once every few weeks it causes issues ;).

As for the two-fold thing, it isn't quite that simple. As I said before, it is only two-fold if you consider full-price game purchases as reasonable. Since I'd much prefer to get things like Burnout Paradise and Orange Box when they are $20-$30 (or less) then spending $60 in BB credit on them is kind of pointless. That credit cost me only $20-$30, sure, but it was a lot of effort to get and in the long run I'd rather just wait for cheaper prices (and then use GC or EB/GS credit on them to get them even cheaper). Beyond the occasional worthwhile full-price purchase (SSBB, Mario Kart, Wii Fit I guess), as a way of building up GC or EB/GS credit I'm all for Blockbuster flipping. But the credit transfer opportunities have been few and far between (last for me was Halo 3 in December with some minor transfers from the Blockbuster B1G1 deal a few weeks back).

My wife appreciates the fact that I am able to flip games or use things like the coke rewards program to get my games. That way I can still enjoy games with a very minimal impact on the family budget.

I like knowing that even if I spend $100 on flippable games, I can sell a DS Lite bought on credit and make the cash back while still having $200 in store credit.

This site has definitely made me a smarter consumer.

BB had a sheet which listed games for preorder when I went there this morning. It wasn't really anything big just a couple of titles maybe 8 or 9. titles included MGS4, The Grid, SW Forced unleashed and lego Indiana Jones. They also had some crap games like kung fu panda.

Preordered the Grid and SW unleashed and picked up The world ends with you and tons of wii and MS points when I unloaded my trades.

[quote name='io']Heck, I got married when I was 24. In any case, you guys are overlooking an important point. It isn't necessarily the money but the time. My wife could care less how much money I spend on all this as she knows I get stuff cheap (or free after selling other things as h2dk mentions - I used to preorder 2 copies of most games at GR when they had the $30 deal and sell one on eBay to cover the other). The big problem she has with it is the time I spend running around to stores (meaning less time with the kids, etc) and that is the main reason I have been cutting back. Well, for one thing I'm getting hammered with a work project right now (have about 100 hours of work to do before next Friday - this in itself has pretty much made me sit out the B2G1 flipping opportunity - good news is I may be getting a bit of overtime for it which is WAY more worth it than any flipping I could do ;)). But on top of that if I disappear for 4-5 hours to do flipping runs/clearance game hunting/penny guide buying any more than once every few weeks it causes issues ;).

As for the two-fold thing, it isn't quite that simple. As I said before, it is only two-fold if you consider full-price game purchases as reasonable. Since I'd much prefer to get things like Burnout Paradise and Orange Box when they are $20-$30 (or less) then spending $60 in BB credit on them is kind of pointless. That credit cost me only $20-$30, sure, but it was a lot of effort to get and in the long run I'd rather just wait for cheaper prices (and then use GC or EB/GS credit on them to get them even cheaper). Beyond the occasional worthwhile full-price purchase (SSBB, Mario Kart, Wii Fit I guess), as a way of building up GC or EB/GS credit I'm all for Blockbuster flipping. But the credit transfer opportunities have been few and far between (last for me was Halo 3 in December with some minor transfers from the Blockbuster B1G1 deal a few weeks back).[/quote]

In a very similar boat.
My gamestops and blockbuster runs usually include my 2 and 4 year old girls. At gamestop have to keep them off the demo systems, at blockbuster the racks of candy.
Also agree, even with cheap credit, don't like to spend $60 on a game. For instance, noticed Bioshock was down to $24.99 at Blockbuster. Now, with cheap credit, it's worth it, real cost being about $14. Not that i'd have time to play it, but it's a great deal now.
Also was able to get at Targe,t 2 Xbox 360 dance mats for 9.98 each. Grabbed DDR Universe with another Stranglehold and No More Heroes. Cost $50, which will flip to $66 in credit and DDR will be kept.
Cheapassgaming at it's finest.

Quick question that I know has been answered before so I am sorry...

Trade-in values are usually update on Monday correct?

[quote name='mvp828']Quick question that I know has been answered before so I am sorry...

Trade-in values are usually update on Monday correct?[/QUOTE]

They drop on Tuesdays.

Speaking of the prices dropping. I went in today to trade in my gamestop haul of AC, Folk, and Stranglehold. They rang it up and AC for 360 was still $32 but I guess it shows the current price they sell it for and there was a discussion about it since it's now $30 new or whatever and whether or not to except the trade in. In the end they let it go since it's the in the computer and they can't change it.

But just a heads up you might get some resistance trading in AC now since the price is updated.

[quote name='AK50']Speaking of the prices dropping. I went in today to trade in my gamestop haul of AC, Folk, and Stranglehold. They rang it up and AC for 360 was still $32 but I guess it shows the current price they sell it for and there was a discussion about it since it's now $30 new or whatever and whether or not to except the trade in. In the end they let it go since it's the in the computer and they can't change it.

But just a heads up you might get some resistance trading in AC now since the price is updated.[/QUOTE]

Its Beowulf all over again. I noticed it too my GR didn't accept the game because as the clerk said "they had too much of them". He was probably trying cover for the corporate price drop, but non GR stores still took them go figure.

[quote name='io']Heck, I got married when I was 24. In any case, you guys are overlooking an important point. It isn't necessarily the money but the time. My wife could care less how much money I spend on all this as she knows I get stuff cheap (or free after selling other things as h2dk mentions - I used to preorder 2 copies of most games at GR when they had the $30 deal and sell one on eBay to cover the other). The big problem she has with it is the time I spend running around to stores (meaning less time with the kids, etc) and that is the main reason I have been cutting back. Well, for one thing I'm getting hammered with a work project right now (have about 100 hours of work to do before next Friday - this in itself has pretty much made me sit out the B2G1 flipping opportunity - good news is I may be getting a bit of overtime for it which is WAY more worth it than any flipping I could do ;)). But on top of that if I disappear for 4-5 hours to do flipping runs/clearance game hunting/penny guide buying any more than once every few weeks it causes issues ;).

As for the two-fold thing, it isn't quite that simple. As I said before, it is only two-fold if you consider full-price game purchases as reasonable. Since I'd much prefer to get things like Burnout Paradise and Orange Box when they are $20-$30 (or less) then spending $60 in BB credit on them is kind of pointless. That credit cost me only $20-$30, sure, but it was a lot of effort to get and in the long run I'd rather just wait for cheaper prices (and then use GC or EB/GS credit on them to get them even cheaper). Beyond the occasional worthwhile full-price purchase (SSBB, Mario Kart, Wii Fit I guess), as a way of building up GC or EB/GS credit I'm all for Blockbuster flipping. But the credit transfer opportunities have been few and far between (last for me was Halo 3 in December with some minor transfers from the Blockbuster B1G1 deal a few weeks back).[/quote]

All in all, people are flipping for different reasons. Personally, I flip because it works with my schedule to get some extra cash/games on the side.

For work, I'm a field account exec, so I drive all day checking on 6-8 accounts each day. All of these accounts are retail stores so typically a GS or BBV is around the corner to stop by and take care of my flipping.

Work pays for 80% of my mileage as well so overall, flipping doesn't really interfer with my personal life and what not.

i need to trade in a brand new sealed Metal Gear Solid The Essential Collection,Resident Evil Code Veronica X and Devil May Cry 3.Want to flip for COD 4 GOTY edition.

[quote name='rcaido']Is the Wii Fit available in BB?[/QUOTE]
Preorders will be available in BB nationwide beginning Monday. Some stores jumped the gun, but the SKU goes active on Monday.

[quote name='JJSP']Preorders will be available in BB nationwide beginning Monday. Some stores jumped the gun, but the SKU goes active on Monday.[/quote]

BTW the SKU is 223274. I just preordered on Saturday at a BB. The manager filled out a Customer Special Order Form which I thought was odd, but he said he likes having the paperwork to attach to the items when they come in. I guess that way you don't have to worry about them giving your item to someone else...

I preordered when GTA came out. I also preorder Guitar Hero for the DS today.

Pretty cool setup for the DS...Interested on how it would work out though...

[quote name='JJSP']Preorders will be available in BB nationwide beginning Monday. Some stores jumped the gun, but the SKU goes active on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Wow, some actual real, good, solid info in this thread for once! That explains why my Blockbuster didn't know about it last week (though I haven't been there in several days). But it saves me from going there tomorrow which I was going to do - I'll wait till Monday.

[quote name='io']Wow, some actual real, good, solid info in this thread for once! That explains why my Blockbuster didn't know about it last week (though I haven't been there in several days). But it saves me from going there tomorrow which I was going to do - I'll wait till Monday.[/QUOTE]
I asked tonight when renting a movie, and the girl looked it up for me. I've seen some stores with the SKU on a Post-It Note taped to the counter (along with the SKU's for GH: Aerosmith, GH: On Tour, and Metal Gear Solid 4) so they can begin taking down a list - they're really pushing preorders (even answering the phones in the pseudo-GS "Thank you for calling Blockbuster Video, where you can preorder...") and getting ready to do a full-scale game launch for the big titles.

She wasn't sure about a preorder bonus for Wii Fit or how many each store will be getting, but she seemed pretty excited for it coming out because she gets 10% off. Oh, she has much to learn...:)

Is there a full list of games that BB is taking for pre-order now? GTA4 was my first trade in/reserve deal, and now I'm curious as to whats next. (besides MGS4 and Wii Fit) that has been mentioned.

[quote name='Stingermck']Is there a full list of games that BB is taking for pre-order now? GTA4 was my first trade in/reserve deal, and now I'm curious as to whats next. (besides MGS4 and Wii Fit) that has been mentioned.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Draknight']BB had a sheet which listed games for preorder when I went there this morning. It wasn't really anything big just a couple of titles maybe 8 or 9. titles included MGS4, The Grid, SW Forced unleashed and lego Indiana Jones. They also had some crap games like kung fu panda.

Preordered the Grid and SW unleashed and picked up The world ends with you and tons of wii and MS points when I unloaded my trades.[/QUOTE]

as reported one page back there is a list

Looks like i am on The Trader list warning level at one blockbuster. I tried trading in Stranglehold yesterday and they told me I can only trade if the manager approved of it and they were conveniantly out of town for the weekend.

[quote name='Draknight']as reported one page back there is a list[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got that, just wondering if anyone had the full list. :D

edit: Just called my local, and got the PS3 list:

Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Narnia
WALL-E
MGS4

I asked about Hulk, but it wasn't available

Also Iron Man PS3 trade value is $36

[quote name='AK50']Speaking of the prices dropping. I went in today to trade in my gamestop haul of AC, Folk, and Stranglehold. They rang it up and AC for 360 was still $32 but I guess it shows the current price they sell it for and there was a discussion about it since it's now $30 new or whatever and whether or not to except the trade in. In the end they let it go since it's the in the computer and they can't change it.

But just a heads up you might get some resistance trading in AC now since the price is updated.[/QUOTE]

It's funny that you mention this because when I went inside of one GR when I did my trades they had AC displayed at the front counter with the $29.99 price tag on it but they didn't hassle me on the trade in of it for $32.

Can somebody find out if GR/BB is getting the Limited Edition of MGS4 because most of the employee's around me are clueless about videogames and when I asked at several locations they didn't know what I was talking about?

Well I was hoping Just Cause for the 360 might be a possible flipping candidate (on sale for $9.99 at CC) but I guess not. I searched this thread and a post back in March showed a TIV of $12.:cry:

I suppose if that value was still accurate and if you could PM that advertised price at a place like Sears it might be worthwhile. Sears gives an additional 10% of the difference. When I PMed Monster Madness several months back I got like an additional $4 off because Sears still listed the game at $50 and they PMed it down to $10 - $4 for a final price of $6.

[quote name='cdeener']Can somebody find out if GR/BB is getting the Limited Edition of MGS4 because most of the employee's around me are clueless about videogames and when I asked at several locations they didn't know what I was talking about?[/QUOTE]

The MGS4 LE is a GameStop exclusive. You're not going to get it at BB. The best you're going to do is to find something that you can flip credit back to GS on your pre-order (like it was possible with Brawl a little while ago).

[quote name='JJSP']Preorders will be available in BB nationwide beginning Monday. Some stores jumped the gun, but the SKU goes active on Monday.[/quote]

It's listed as wii - wii fit, which is a little misleading so few people think to look further down in the list. I preordered it on Friday.

[quote name='stone1061']Can anyone else use a breather from flipping?
Buy 2 get 1 sales are exhausting.
:whee:[/quote]

Lol that second link has a quote. "They have gift certificate cards ranging from 5 bucks, 10 bucks, 25 bucks & even 50 bucks!"
I thought that was funny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back