The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='stone1061']Can anyone else use a breather from flipping?
Buy 2 get 1 sales are exhausting.
:whee:[/quote]

well said my brother.

I just got back from doing some trading at GameRush (just some Strangleholds at $36), and Beautiful Katamari has dropped to $19.99 new. I picked up a copy, of course.

If you want to get MGS 4 Limited Edition I would buy two copies of Mario Kart Wii at Blockbuster and trade them into Game Stop and you should get $50 after the bonus 20% for putting credit toward reserving MGS4. You might want to confirm that EB/GS is still giving out $35 for Mario Kart first.

[quote name='elmyra']I just got back from doing some trading at GameRush (just some Strangleholds at $36), and Beautiful Katamari has dropped to $19.99 new. I picked up a copy, of course.[/QUOTE]

Ooohhh...$14.99 used FTW I hope.

[quote name='jmillion']any1 know if Blockbuster will be getting the MGS4 Ps3? or is that GS exclusive too?[/quote]

It is not GS exclusive, my local gamecrazy is taking preorders for them, $50 down.
Im talking to a helpful manager at gamerush and i asked if i could preorder one. She said she hasnt heard anything from corporate but she'll email them. I'll give her a call by the end of the week and hopefully she says that she can at least special order them.

I'm going to trade in Sega Superstars Tennis tomorrow on my way home from school, but I'm not sure if I should trade in my last Assasin's Creed copy since I've already traded one into the store that's on the way home. I really want to play the game anyways, so I think I'll just keep it since I already have $210 in BB credit with nothing to spend it on since I'm loaded with games after this B2G1 free sale.

Lol, Metal Gear Solid a Gamestop exclusive. I think it'd be a cold day in hell when GS gets a total exclusive on an A-List game. They may get their exclusives on Limited Editions, but so far it seems that most of those have been anything but limited. My stores still have copies of Final Fantasy 12 LE.

Back on topic, my store had a couple of both the 360 & PS3 LE versions of GTA 4. I picked up Zack & Wiki today for $19.99 (which was the price for both the used & new copies). I really did miss having a Wii. Super Mario Galaxy is awesome.

[quote name='Bezerker']Lol, Metal Gear Solid a Gamestop exclusive. I think it'd be a cold day in hell when GS gets a total exclusive on an A-List game. They may get their exclusives on Limited Editions, but so far it seems that most of those have been anything but limited. My stores still have copies of Final Fantasy 12 LE. [/quote]I'm pretty sure he was talking about the system bundle that has MGS4 with it that was announced a few weeks back.

Does anybody know the return policy for used games bought from GameStop's B2G1 free sale? I bought Sega Rally Revo (360) because I couldn't find anything at one of the stores, and I thought I had heard about it getting good trade value at GR, but it only brought me $15, and it had cost $25 before the discounts. Will I be able to return it for close to what I paid for it?

Well, I feel funny for spending $198 in cash at Gamestop to get all of these:

2x Assassin's Creed PS3 1 @ $32 & 1 @ $30
Assassin's Creed Xbox 360 $32
3x Stranglehold PS3 $108
Stranglehold Collector's Edition Xbox 360 $35
Sega Rally Evo PS3 $33
2x Fatal Inertia Xbox 360 $70
Folklore PS3 $30
Nascar 08 $28.50
Total Credit: $398.50 Bought a $50 12 Month Live Card & Wii Zapper so I have about $324 left plus some other credit I had so all together I have $337.

Funny thing is when I traded in Assassin's Creed yesterday they still gave me $32 but when I traded in the one I got today they gave me $30. I'm sad because I had an Eye of Judgement in my hands and left it at the store because I thought it cost too much and they had more than one copy.

In my shopping today at GS they forgot to ring up Folklore on my receipt so even I tried to return it they wouldn't let me because they never rung it up. It seems like every once in a while when I buy a stack of games they forget to ring up one of them.

[quote name='sj41']I'm pretty sure he was talking about the system bundle that has MGS4 with it that was announced a few weeks back.

Does anybody know the return policy for used games bought from GameStop's B2G1 free sale? I bought Sega Rally Revo (360) because I couldn't find anything at one of the stores, and I thought I had heard about it getting good trade value at GR, but it only brought me $15, and it had cost $25 before the discounts. Will I be able to return it for close to what I paid for it?[/QUOTE]

To make the situation benefit you I would exchange it for something that is the same original price because if you try to return it for what you paid for it they may want you to return all 3 games but I know that is YMMV. You probably don't even have the other 2 games you bought with it so I would go with the exchange.

[quote name='sj41']I'm going to trade in Sega Superstars Tennis tomorrow on my way home from school, but I'm not sure if I should trade in my last Assasin's Creed copy since I've already traded one into the store that's on the way home. I really want to play the game anyways, so I think I'll just keep it since I already have $210 in BB credit with nothing to spend it on since I'm loaded with games after this B2G1 free sale.[/QUOTE]
You can trade it in for $32 and rebuy it when you want to play it for $24.99 used there. ;)

[quote name='sj41']I'm pretty sure he was talking about the system bundle that has MGS4 with it that was announced a few weeks back.

Does anybody know the return policy for used games bought from GameStop's B2G1 free sale? I bought Sega Rally Revo (360) because I couldn't find anything at one of the stores, and I thought I had heard about it getting good trade value at GR, but it only brought me $15, and it had cost $25 before the discounts. Will I be able to return it for close to what I paid for it?[/QUOTE]

you have 7 days to return it with receipt. Depending on the GS they might require you to bring all 3 games back to do a switch to another game or you just need the receipt.

[quote name='freshzen']If you want to get MGS 4 Limited Edition I would buy two copies of Mario Kart Wii at Blockbuster and trade them into Game Stop and you should get $50 after the bonus 20% for putting credit toward reserving MGS4. You might want to confirm that EB/GS is still giving out $35 for Mario Kart first.

Ooohhh...$14.99 used FTW I hope.[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart is only getting $25. I tried to flip some at a GS and even though on their big board it was posted as $35, the computer came up as $25. Even after bonuses the $17.50 credit loss is too much.

i believe the end of the B2G1 free deal at GS ends the good flips for a while...the next good one mite be the during MGS4 release...

[quote name='jmillion']yea i was referring to the MGS4 PS3 bundle. not the game. wouldnt mind scooping that up w/ my credit.[/quote]
Yeah I've been flipping just to get the bundle, if I don't hear anything soon about the bundle being at GR then it looks like I might have to flip a few SSBB at GS to get credit there.

[quote name='sj41']

I bought Sega Rally Revo (360) because I couldn't find anything at one of the stores, and I thought I had heard about it getting good trade value at GR, but it only brought me $15, and it had cost $25 before the discounts. Will I be able to return it for close to what I paid for it?[/quote]

yeah whats the deal with the 360 Sega Rally Revo I also thought I read that it brought in as much as the PS3 version.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so is the b2g1 deal still going on?[/quote]

I believe it ended yesterday (the gamestop deal), but as time has shown there will be more flipping madness soon enough :whee:

[quote name='judgeTurpin']i believe the end of the B2G1 free deal at GS ends the good flips for a while...the next good one mite be the during MGS4 release...[/quote]

There is still Sega Superstars Tennis, which is $18 New after coupon -> $30. Not quite as good as the B2G1 flips, but $36 for a $60 game is better than $60 for a $60 game ;-).

There's also all the Target flips, but Target deals are always YMMV.

I highly doubt Blockbuster/GR will get the limited edition gray PS3 (MGS4). If they do, I would LOVE to get one just to have. I could sell my 60GB for something decent I would imagine.

Just got a quote over the phone:

PS3 NCAA football '08 - $16

Damn shame, too; there's an endcap full of these for $9.98 at a local Target. I was hoping the $26 had held from 4/22.

[quote name='doubledown']I highly doubt Blockbuster/GR will get the limited edition gray PS3 (MGS4). If they do, I would LOVE to get one just to have. I could sell my 60GB for something decent I would imagine.[/quote]

My store (regular BB) had a pic of these systems in their window with a big "coming soon" on it.

I have a problem!!! The Blockbuster I traded eye of judgement in at called me back and let me know that I needed to bring in all the extra stuff...Camera, battle mat, cards...They already gave me trade credit and I have non of it.

pretty good b2g1 for me. had a little credit left at blockbuster and ended up spending about $100 at gs. the last bb i went to to trade just happened to have a wii left just as i hit $260 in credit. :) cant beat a wii for $100.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']I have a problem!!! The Blockbuster I traded eye of judgement in at called me back and let me know that I needed to bring in all the extra stuff...Camera, battle mat, cards...They already gave me trade credit and I have non of it.[/quote]

They can call all they want, but once they accept the deal it's over and the merchandise has been sold. If a customer cannot change their mind after they leave the store then BB cannot. It's actually in the trading contract that you sign.

I would call them back and let them know that you traded in the camera to another store (or sold it on Ebay) and no longer have it. No matter what they say they cannot reverse the transaction.

[quote name='djkunai']After 50% coupon + Edge, SSBB gets $48. I grabbed another copy today.[/QUOTE]

I've been searching the thread for the 50% coupon and can't find it. Do you have a link to it anywhere?

[quote name='daminion']They can call all they want, but once they accept the deal it's over and the merchandise has been sold. If a customer cannot change their mind after they leave the store then BB cannot. It's actually in the trading contract that you sign.

I would call them back and let them know that you traded in the camera to another store (or sold it on Ebay) and no longer have it. No matter what they say they cannot reverse the transaction.[/quote]

Considering this is one of the only blockbusters I can trade into, they can probably put a hold on my account. I talked with the manager on the phone and he was sort of like whoever took this trade didn't know that it was suppose to include additional stuff. How much does this extra stuff cost and where can I find it?

[quote name='daminion']My store (regular BB) had a pic of these systems in their window with a big "coming soon" on it.[/QUOTE]

If that is the case...wow. I know the Gunmetal PS3 is supposed to be REALLY limited. Now, they are also releasing an 80GB with MGS4 with the BLACK console also.

I have around $390 in credit and I would love to flip a LE console on EBAY...or keep it and sell my 60GB as I could care less about backwards compatible games.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Considering this is one of the only blockbusters I can trade into, they can probably put a hold on my account. I talked with the manager on the phone and he was sort of like whoever took this trade didn't know that it was suppose to include additional stuff. How much does this extra stuff cost and where can I find it?[/quote]

Actually they shouldn't put a hold on your account just because they screwed up. Just remember that the manager of BB has a supervisor that he has to answer to as well. You weren't trying to fraud the store. You brought in a trade, they accepted it. All trades are final. Neither party can alter or change the trade once it is done. Now if you had the stuff, it would be nice of you to bring it in and I commend you on wanting to do the right thing (that is getting rare lately). But you don't have it.

Purchasing that stuff separately would cost you way too much (camera alone is $40 new). So your only true choices are:

1) Tell Blockbuster that you are sorry, but you don't have the rest of it. Remind them of their policy and the contract that you signed. Ask them how they would react if you called them a couple of days after the trade and asked to get more money because you didn't feel like you got enough.

2) See if they will indeed reverse the trade. You get your game back and you give up your store credit.

In my opinion option 1 is the most fair. A deal is a deal. If they screwed up then they should just eat it. I can tell you that if this goes to corporate, you win.

[quote name='srad1968']Actually they shouldn't put a hold on your account just because they screwed up. Just remember that the manager of BB has a supervisor that he has to answer to as well. You weren't trying to fraud the store. You brought in a trade, they accepted it. All trades are final. Neither party can alter or change the trade once it is done. Now if you had the stuff, it would be nice of you to bring it in and I commend you on wanting to do the right thing (that is getting rare lately). But you don't have it.

Purchasing that stuff separately would cost you way too much (camera alone is $40 new). So your only true choices are:

1) Tell Blockbuster that you are sorry, but you don't have the rest of it. Remind them of their policy and the contract that you signed. Ask them how they would react if you called them a couple of days after the trade and asked to get more money because you didn't feel like you got enough.

2) See if they will indeed reverse the trade. You get your game back and you give up your store credit.

In my opinion option 1 is the most fair. A deal is a deal. If they screwed up then they should just eat it. I can tell you that if this goes to corporate, you win.[/quote]

It already sounded like he wanted to reverse the credit if I didn't have the game. He was trying to sound all intimidating, which was funny. I assumed that once the credit was issued the deal was done, because once they scan the games they hand me a piece of paper and ask, DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS DEAL. I said yes and boom the rest is history. I am wondering if I should just disregard it and see what happens.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']It already sounded like he wanted to reverse the credit if I didn't have the game. He was trying to sound all intimidating, which was funny. I assumed that once the credit was issued the deal was done, because once they scan the games they hand me a piece of paper and ask, DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS DEAL. I said yes and boom the rest is history. I am wondering if I should just disregard it and see what happens.[/quote]

On another note, the manager at this store who had all my other accounts locked down were I could only trade in games at his store said I couldn't trade in games at any other blockbusters. So I decided to venture to a store I never opened a trade account at and what-d-ya-know, I was able to trade in their.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']It already sounded like he wanted to reverse the credit if I didn't have the game. He was trying to sound all intimidating, which was funny. I assumed that once the credit was issued the deal was done, because once they scan the games they hand me a piece of paper and ask, DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS DEAL. I said yes and boom the rest is history. I am wondering if I should just disregard it and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of my situation...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4211312&postcount=2311

I have yet to go back and try it, but I will sooner or later when I do go to a store I've never go to/will never visit again.

[quote name='Sulik2']I've been searching the thread for the 50% coupon and can't find it. Do you have a link to it anywhere?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing its a in store coupon that they wouldn't accept a print out of, otherwise there would be a thread for the coupon cause 50% is a huge bonus.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']It already sounded like he wanted to reverse the credit if I didn't have the game. He was trying to sound all intimidating, which was funny. I assumed that once the credit was issued the deal was done, because once they scan the games they hand me a piece of paper and ask, DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS DEAL. I said yes and boom the rest is history. I am wondering if I should just disregard it and see what happens.[/quote]

If he is trying to intimidate you then you should definitely take this up the ladder. He doesn't have the right to treat his customers that way. You didn't do anything wrong.

Totally off topic but I just remembered this.

So my brother in law goes into Blockbuster on Tuesday to rent GTA 4. He used a MCR coupon for the free game rental. They actually gave him one of the free artworks with his rental.

[quote name='srad1968']If he is trying to intimidate you then you should definitely take this up the ladder. He doesn't have the right to treat his customers that way. You didn't do anything wrong.[/QUOTE]

This is coming from a manager at Blockbuster: once the trade is done, it is final. The manager can't demand you bring in the stuff and there is no way to reverse the trade. I have the most game knowledge at our store and I am the one who always find the trade screwups. (The store manager took a Halo 2 LE as a Halo 3 CE edition the other day, that was funny. SM asked how am I supposed to tell them apart and I pointed at the giant 2 on the cover.) You cannot fix them once the trade is finalized. Our store just ships out stuff that is wrong as defectives.

The only way you could sort of reverse it and still have their inventory be right would be to resell the game to you, over-ring it to the amount of trade credit and have you re-buy it with the store credit they gave you.

Don't let the manager intimidate you, he trained his employees poorly and they messed up. That trade is final. If he puts a hold on your acct demand the public number for the district leader. It should be posted, along with the store manager and DL's name somewhere behind the counter as well. It will be an 800 number with an extension. Also, call the blockbuster customer service number. They always capitulate to the angry customer.

[quote name='Sulik2']This is coming from a manager at Blockbuster: once the trade is done, it is final. The manager can't demand you bring in the stuff and there is no way to reverse the trade. I have the most game knowledge at our store and I am the one who always find the trade screwups. (The store manager took a Halo 2 LE as a Halo 3 CE edition the other day, that was funny. SM asked how am I supposed to tell them apart and I pointed at the giant 2 on the cover.) You cannot fix them once the trade is finalized. Our store just ships out stuff that is wrong as defectives.

The only way you could sort of reverse it and still have their inventory be right would be to resell the game to you, over-ring it to the amount of trade credit and have you re-buy it with the store credit they gave you.

Don't let the manager intimidate you, he trained his employees poorly and they messed up. That trade is final. If he puts a hold on your acct demand the public number for the district leader. It should be posted, along with the store manager and DL's name somewhere behind the counter as well. It will be an 800 number with an extension. Also, call the blockbuster customer service number. They always capitulate to the angry customer.[/quote]

Thanks for your help..I know for a fact that the DM had a problem with some of the trades i did early on according to this manager. How should I handle this? I do not have any of the extra stuff and according to him he wants me to bring them in. Anyways, what is the customer service number for bb?

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Thanks for your help..I know for a fact that the DM had a problem with some of the trades i did early on according to this manager. How should I handle this? I do not have any of the extra stuff and according to him he wants me to bring them in. Anyways, what is the customer service number for bb?[/QUOTE]

He will not reverse it...I do not think he can even do it if he wanted to.
However, he will probably leave a note that you cannot trade unless it is on his shift or not let you trade anything at all.

Well, they shouldn't be requiring you to bring it in. I'm assuming somebody came in to buy it... asked where the rest of the stuff was... and decided not to buy it because it didn't have everything (thus being worthless).

That agreement does have a provision for this type of thing, I forgot which one though. It states that you assure that everything necessary is included. If you don't bring that stuff in, I don't think they can't charge your account or debit card.... but they can suspend your account from trading, since that can be done at the manager's discretion.

You can try to talk to the DM, but if he had problems with the trades you've done before... then the DM won't care and will just tell him to suspend your acct.

Who's the CAG trading in clearance games at the Anaheim Hills Gamerush? The clerk today told me they've got a guy who consistently trades in games that look brand new and unplayed. ;)

So here's my store about my recent trade at Blockbuster:

There's a BB down the street from where I live, but every time I try to trade in games they always so they have "no idea what I'm talking about" or "I don't know anything about trading in used games." So whatever, I would just go to other BB locations to avoid the hassle.

However, this weekend I decided to go back and try trading in some games. So when it's my turn in line I put my games on the counter and say "I'd like to trade in these used games." The person helping me out asked if I had a trade account and I thought this was great because it seems like someone knows how to take in used games at this store!

At the same time, the supervisor was right behind him and said "What you want to exchange these for some other games?" I said, "No, I'm trading them in for store credit." He said, "No we don't take in games for store credit." The person helping me at the counter said "Yes we do, I'm activating his trade account right now."

So now the fun part begins. While the person helping me is activating my trade account, the supervisor starts grilling me. He asks, "What? Is there something wrong with these games? Where did you get them? Did you pay full price for them? Why don't you want them anymore? Why are you trading them in here?" I reply that I bought these games a few months ago, and there's nothing wrong with them (*the guy activating my account looks at the manuals and the disks that are in perfect condition*) and that I'd rather trade games in at Blockbuster than Gamestop because BB gives better trade in values.

So now the supervisor calls the store manager. They talk a bit and then the manager, through the supervisor, starts grilling me again! Blah blah blah, same questions. Then the supervisor tells the manager that I'm trading in a few PS3 and 360 games, and comes back to me and says, "They'll only be worth a few pennies if you trade them in." I knew that was fuckING ABSURD but I didn't say that. I said, "Well lets find out when you enter them into the computer."

The guy that activated my account starts scanning them in. The first one was $30. The supervisor says, "That's $30 if you buy it." The guy scanning them in says, "No, that's $30 store credit." So he scans in the rest of the games and I get my total. He asks if I want it on my account or on my a card. I said I'd like to have it on a card. The supervisor says, "NO! Put it on the account. We don't have cards." I said, "Yes you do. BB has gift cards specifically made for this." The guy helping me says, "Yeah, they're right over here" and he takes one out and puts the credit on it.

So I get my receipt and I say, "Is there a customer service 800 number I can have. I don't know why this location gives me so much trouble, but there is no need for this nonsense." The supervisor says it's on my receipt. I scan it and it's not there. I point that out and he reviews my receipt and it's not there. He gets a copy of the phone number some somewhere else and hands it to me. From there the supervisor leaves. I ask the guy helping me what's the supervisors name, and he tells it to me. As I leave the store I could hear the supervisor say, "Put a comment on his account."

So CAG, I ask you, WHAT THE fuck WAS ALL OF THAT ABOUT? Should I call corporate and make a big deal about it?

[quote name='Killdozer']Should I call corporate and make a big deal about it?[/quote]

I would. You said yourself that you avoid doing business at that store because of this.... if I was a higher up at BB I certainly would like to know this.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']^ Yes call corporate if you don't nothing will change, i would have knocked over a magazine rack or two on the way out as well.[/QUOTE]

Hah! Glad to see the "knock over a magazine rack" expression is spreading.

[quote name='Killdozer']Hah! Glad to see the "knock over a magazine rack" expression is spreading.[/quote]

Glitter bitches!

[quote name='Killdozer']So here's my store about my recent trade at Blockbuster:

There's a BB down the street from where I live, but every time I try to trade in games they always so they have "no idea what I'm talking about" or "I don't know anything about trading in used games." So whatever, I would just go to other BB locations to avoid the hassle.

However, this weekend I decided to go back and try trading in some games. So when it's my turn in line I put my games on the counter and say "I'd like to trade in these used games." The person helping me out asked if I had a trade account and I thought this was great because it seems like someone knows how to take in used games at this store!

At the same time, the supervisor was right behind him and said "What you want to exchange these for some other games?" I said, "No, I'm trading them in for store credit." He said, "No we don't take in games for store credit." The person helping me at the counter said "Yes we do, I'm activating his trade account right now."

So now the fun part begins. While the person helping me is activating my trade account, the supervisor starts grilling me. He asks, "What? Is there something wrong with these games? Where did you get them? Did you pay full price for them? Why don't you want them anymore? Why are you trading them in here?" I reply that I bought these games a few months ago, and there's nothing wrong with them (*the guy activating my account looks at the manuals and the disks that are in perfect condition*) and that I'd rather trade games in at Blockbuster than Gamestop because BB gives better trade in values.

So now the supervisor calls the store manager. They talk a bit and then the manager, through the supervisor, starts grilling me again! Blah blah blah, same questions. Then the supervisor tells the manager that I'm trading in a few PS3 and 360 games, and comes back to me and says, "They'll only be worth a few pennies if you trade them in." I knew that was fuckING ABSURD but I didn't say that. I said, "Well lets find out when you enter them into the computer."

The guy that activated my account starts scanning them in. The first one was $30. The supervisor says, "That's $30 if you buy it." The guy scanning them in says, "No, that's $30 store credit." So he scans in the rest of the games and I get my total. He asks if I want it on my account or on my a card. I said I'd like to have it on a card. The supervisor says, "NO! Put it on the account. We don't have cards." I said, "Yes you do. BB has gift cards specifically made for this." The guy helping me says, "Yeah, they're right over here" and he takes one out and puts the credit on it.

So I get my receipt and I say, "Is there a customer service 800 number I can have. I don't know why this location gives me so much trouble, but there is no need for this nonsense." The supervisor says it's on my receipt. I scan it and it's not there. I point that out and he reviews my receipt and it's not there. He gets a copy of the phone number some somewhere else and hands it to me. From there the supervisor leaves. I ask the guy helping me what's the supervisors name, and he tells it to me. As I leave the store I could hear the supervisor say, "Put a comment on his account."

So CAG, I ask you, WHAT THE fuck WAS ALL OF THAT ABOUT? Should I call corporate and make a big deal about it?[/quote]

Calling this cheeze ball's DM may have the exact opposite effect you're looking for. You never know they may be golfing buddies or something. What I have found works best is to just ignore the asshole and trade anyway. If you get a "I don't know what I'm doing", ask them to call another store for help. Ultimately they will get the message that you're not intimidated by them. If they question why you're trading at their store, I always point out I was out and about and it was convienient. You're dealing with an individual barely paid more than a fry cook at mac donalds, you really can't expect much more than that.

I preordered the Guitar Hero DS today (after cancelling my preorder for Ironman, the reviews for it suck!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back